Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? (6559 Views)

Girl In Abuja Cannot Locate Her Home & Parents(Pics) / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt / ‘she Denies Me Sex And My Doctor Says SEX Is Good For My High Blood Pressure’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On May 10, 2011
Tope,

Hw you dey, O to ojo meta
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 10, 2011
all you girls are the onez putting yourselves under pressure and you respond so easily to society's conditioning. Many of you are already so conditioned you are completely unaware of it. The shy types, especially. You'd better educate yourselves enough to know that social conditioning can spell disaster for your future marriage (if you will marry and you are more than likely to!)
Free yourselves. Ever read about deBeauvoir? or Oprah? Hello!?
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by CrudeOil2(m): 12:06am On May 11, 2011
Egba girl:

I dont think girls are under pressure. I would say that they are only "over protected" and "restricted". I put these in quotation marks because at the end of the day, we realize that this over protectiveness and restriction was actually a good thing. Especially today when society is something else. I do not blame parents for guarding their daughters. Why shouldnt they? I think women are trying to do too much. All this talk about "we need to exercise our right". What right? Why are we trying to prove that we are equal to men or better than men? You play the "what a man can do, a woman can do (even better)" card. when trouble comes now, it's back to the "I'm a woman". smh

I think it's about time we embraced our roles as women, see and appreciate our worth. Until we realize our value, we will continue to live under the mentality that we are being oppressed and suppressed.

*not to say that women should be foolish and allow themselves to be abused. Knowing your value will determine whether or not you will be abused. We need to be real women not the Miss Independent feminist crap society is breeding nowadays. That stuff doesnt take us anywhere.
You are a rare gem. I feel like spraying you cash right now.
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by chines4(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2011
Every Parents wants the best for their kids boy or girl. We are the product of our environment, talk about society pressure. Every parent wants to have a daughter that they can be proud of, that will not bring shame to them and herself. They tend to make their daughters to conform with the society standard. If a lady bleeps around she is a sl-t(something to be ashamed of), but if its a boy bleeps around he is a player( something to be proud of). The society still believes that its a man's world, and you will always get double standard. The pressure is always on girls to be well behaved. the only pressure on guys is to be successful.
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by eewule(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2011
THE REASON WHY GIRLS ARE EXPECTED TO GET MARRIED BEFORE 28 / 30 YRS (OR SO) IN AFRICAN CULTURES (I BELIEVE) IS BECAUSE THEIR IS AN AGE LIMIT TO WHEN THEY CANT BEAR A CHILD ANYMORE (MEDICALLY) - I'M NOT SAYING ITS A GOOD THING, BUT JUST EXPLAINING WHY (I THINK) THERE IS PRESSURE ON YOU CHICKS TO MARRY EARLIER
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by Texther(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2011
They possess what must b kept until marriage, I mean dat THING.
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by HotieTima(f): 9:51am On May 14, 2011
Texther:

They possess what must b kept until marriage, I mean dat THING.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry and wats that
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by buJu234: 1:08pm On May 16, 2011
i told one lady that assuming i am a woman; hmmm i nor go easy at all ooo; but i will make sure that i have the following below:-

make alot of money
have a child or 2 4 any man if by 40yrs old I am still single
re-locate 4rm where my family & relation stay and go and hid my self & my fatherless kids some where
Give those kids d education & financial support that they need
I must act as their father & also their mother at the same time.

at most in the next 20-25yrs from now; i will be celebrated by my kids as the greatest person that ever-lived.

INSTEAD OF SITTING & LOOKING STUPID because I AM STILL SINGLE BY 40yrs
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by tpia5: 2:21pm On May 16, 2011
^^sounds like you're praying for your kids to be fatherless?
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by buJu234: 2:52pm On May 16, 2011
i am not prayering for that;

but u also knw that many SINGLE 40-something yrs women never pray to bcom one abi?
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by maclatunji: 10:30am On May 17, 2011
@Topic, you girls complaining have no idea how a mistake made by one of your kind can completely change the direction and course of her life for the worse. A girl needs to be highly educated, made self-confident but must be modest in her dealings with others. She also needs to be protected from factors that would impinge on her welfare. There is no use denying that girls need protection from their male relatives and older females because even with all the protection, it takes the grace of God to lead a happy life.

Have you read of a story of a Rwandan woman, who got violated (during the genocide) by 4 men serially and then got pregnant and had the child (I presume because she was a refugee during her pregnancy)? She delivered the child but admitted that she does not know whether to love or hate the child- who can blame her? In short, her life is wrecked! You girls are just spoilt and have your heads in the clouds.

Personally, I do not play with the welfare of my female kin and in-turn I treat all women with respect (over-respect self). Ironically, most see that as something undesirable. It is the bolded that has all parents and guardians worried about their daughters- their tendency to self-destruct with calamitous consequences for them and those who truly love and care for them.
Re: Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? by Khams: 5:11pm On May 23, 2011
CHEII!!! @poster, which kin kasala you break now. See as all dem feminists dey throw english left and right. To all ladies that think its wrong to be protective over the women folk then try living beyond 30 without marriage and tell the story to the younger ones. Wao!! am dazed. shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Is Now Totally For Our Children, Gives Me Little Or No Attention / Story for the gods.. / My Mum Made A List Of Places Not To Marry From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.