Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,888 members, 7,866,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days (32101 Views)

Tinubu Is Modest, He Lived In 3-bedroom Abuja Apartment Before Election - Bagudu / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Who are you and why should I care about what you do?
You are an irrelevance

The claim that Eboes are ealitarian is rubbish
The evidence is to the contrary
OSUISM
MISOGYNY

are core Eboe values

You always harp about evidence. I have given you those yet, you keep running.

I believe both issues have been deliberated on and since you resort to repeatations I believe you lack an intelligent counter argument.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KingOKON: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
ThickSharon123:

That's your cup of tea. They know we exist and they are also in my country. And I'm doing what my mom would be proud to see me do. Cherish the Igbo culture, in which indeed is the best.

From my toddling years, when I do go to her village, the love and hardwork of the Igbos cannot be compared by any other tribe in Nigeria. Ghanaian's love them more.

No be small love wantiti....abeg let not go there
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KingOKON: 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
ThickSharon123:

That's your cup of tea. They know we exist and they are also in my country. And I'm doing what my mom would be proud to see me do. Cherish the Igbo culture, in which indeed is the best.

From my toddling years, when I do go to her village, the love and hardwork of the Igbos cannot be compared by any other tribe in Nigeria. Ghanaian's love them more.
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ThickSharon123(f): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
KingOKON:

No be small love wantiti....abeg let not go there

Go where? Go if you want to go, who's stopping you? grin grin.. if you have something to say, say it and stop being a coward.
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Who are you and why should I care about what you do?
You are an irrelevance

The claim that Eboes are ealitarian is rubbish
The evidence is to the contrary
OSUISM
MISOGYNY

are core Eboe values
See the meaning of misogyny here

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bkayyy:

See the meaning of misogyny here
THOSE WHO CLAIM they are egalitarian are the ones under scrutiny
No one forced you to make the claim
Having made it you must be prepared for challenge
So if you want to discuss something else we can let us just accept that Eboe society is not egalitarian as claimed then we can move on

The fact is OSUISM is not compatible with egalitarianism
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KingOKON: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Go where? Go if you want to go, who's stopping you? grin grin.. if you have something to say, say it and stop being a coward.

Wetin de shack dis one? Abeg plz zee me in za oza room
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Ekealterego: 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
KingOKON:

This is why your Yarriba Mohammedan skull explorers cut your heads easily.
You have been cursed to never resist the sight of a woman....from topic, you have jumped to chasing woman.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
KingOKON:

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:

Explanations are not necessary and

please spare us the bombastic language it makes you look ridiculous
What is "treatise" ? Are you alright?
The topic of this thread is clear to all
The point is that the claim of egalitarianism in Eboe society is false and insisting on it is self deception
You can consult a reference book to help you out instead of sounding so rustic...

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KingOKON: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ekealterego:

This is why your Yarriba Mohammedan skull explorers cut your heads easily.
You have been cursed to never resist the sight of a woman....from topic, you have jumped to chasing woman.

Somebody is preaching about how Ghanaians loves Ibos and you want me to be discussing such nonsense lies.....
Either za kitchen or za oza room is where such is discussed not on a forum like this
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Akamkpa kings rule Arochukwu till today that is the reality
This is how you come online to exhibit mindless ignorance....

I am sure you see the name Akamkpa and decide to run with it without knowing anything about it...

Akamkpa is just a geographical appelation.

Arochukwu civilisation and exploits are well-known in history so it will amount to wastage of precious time dwelling on your simple-minded assertions.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ThickSharon123(f): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
KingOKON:

Somebody is preaching about how Ghanaians loves Ibos and you want me to be discussing such nonsense lies.....
Either za kitchen or za oza room is where such is discussed not on a forum like this

Are you upset because Igbos are loved by the ordinary people in Ghana and they have major houses around there and businesses and not yours. I don't get it?

And I rebuke it with the blood of Jesus to the oza room with you.. grin grin. Igbo men are my peng, no other tribe in Nigeria suits that state grin

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KingOKON: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Are you upset because Igbos are loved by the ordinary people in Ghana and they have major houses around there and businesses and not yours. I don't get it?

And I rebuke it with the blood of Jesus to the oza room with you.. grin grin. Igbo men are my peng, no other tribe in Nigeria suits that state grin

Madame Ghana understand very well b4 getting nonsense thought inside ya head
Dem love em in Ghana India South Africa no be lie and we de see d love no be lie
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KingOKON: 7:09am On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:

I am sure you see the name Akamkpa and decide to run with it without knowing anything about it...

Arochukwu civilisation and exploits are well-known in history so it will amount to wastage of precious time dwelling on your simple-minded assertions.

https://www.nairaland.com/6925217/true-origin-aro-summary-aro
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
KingOKON:

https://www.nairaland.com/6925217/true-origin-aro-summary-aro
See this one...

If you think I am going to read the load of crap you are referring me to, then you must be one deluded entity.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:

Arochukwoo is ruled by the Nnubi dynasty to this day.They are not Eboe
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Donmobi(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:

ignorance

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ThickSharon123(f): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2022
KingOKON:

Madame Ghana understand very well b4 getting nonsense thought inside ya head
Dem love em in Ghana India South Africa no be lie and we de see d love no be lie

My dear, all the things you see on media isn't actually what's happening in that country. I can't talk of South Africa becuase never been there, but let me talk for the one I know. Why not travel there and see how things are for yourself.

In fact 70 percent of Ghanaian'swho know little about Nigeria, when you call Nigeria they think of the Igbo people and rarely the others. Media give the news to make cash, it isn't what's actually happening there day to day.

Ghannies also have their bad too, we do crime, but your media doesn't bring it to your news, why? It isn't their national problem. But they snoop on the Nigerians, especially the Igbos here becuase it's a national problem. Do you get the logic now?

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ThickSharon123(f): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy.....Please, Igbo people laugh at him. My mom is Arochukwu, in fact I went there last year for Christmas. Proud Igbos to the core, that they even call themselves Oke Igbo grin

He is just trying to be funny, that's all.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ThickSharon123(f): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:

I believe truly that aribisala0 and KingOkon are the same moniker.
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:

You see how foolish you sound?

So Nnubi does not look or sound Igbo to you?

The irony is that the more you beef the Igbos, the higher they soar...
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by IGBOSON1: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2022
ThickSharon123:

My sister, you now see what Igbos are seeing in this country we’re trapped in.....surrounded by envious and hateful bigots who wish us nothing but evil and to be subservient to them in business and politics!

The fool (a certain Akwa-Cross impostor) was probably angry the false narrative they want to sell.....that everyone joins them to despise Igbos, has been thrashed by your nice, sisterly post!

Ignore the bigot! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:
You see how foolish you sound?

So Nnubi does not look or sound Igbo to you?

The irony is that the more you beef the Igbos, the higher they soar...
What does Nnubi mean?
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:
What does Nnubi mean?
Nnubi is probably a contraction of Nna Ubi which loosely translates to "Father of farming" in Igbo...

You are still failing yakata...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:
Nnubi is probably a contraction of Nna Ubi which loosely translates to "Father of farming" in Igbo...

It is not
The dynasty was founded by two brothers FACT

not probably

Akuma Nnubi

Osim Nnubi and their descendants reign in Arochukwu till this day
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:

Very funny

Nnubi has no meaning in Eboe language

Go and search and find one Eboe person dead or alive called Nnubi
Your elision shows you are either being dishonest or do not understand the grammar of your language

That Elision does not work Nna Ubi or Nna ugbo or whtever ...... why is the U being elided

Wny not Nnukwu instead of Nnaukwu
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:
Very funny

Your elision shows you are either being dishonest or do not understand the grammar of your language

That Elision does not work Nna Ubi or Nna ugbo or whtever ...... why is the U being elided

You have lost it!

Who the heck are your insignificant self to tell the Igbos how to bear their names?

Nnubi could also mean "chief farmer".

Besides the pattern of naming changes from generation to generation so that name was apposite with the time gained currency.

You don't have any point so stop trying to waste my time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:
You have lost it!

Who the heck are your insignificant self to tell the Igbos how to bear their names?

Nnubi could also mean "chief farmer".

Besides the pattern of naming changes from generation to generation so that name was apposite with the time gained currency.

You don't have any point so stop trying to waste my time...
It could mean anything but it does not
Osim and Akuma Nnubi were not Eboes.

Their descendants reign in Aro till today

Show us any Eboe man called Nnubi today
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:
Very funny

Go to Arochukwu and talk this trash and let's see whether you head will not grace a pike...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
maestroferddi:
Go to Arochukwu and talk this trash and let's see whether you head will not grace a pike...
Wow I am trembling with fear.
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by maestroferddi: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
aribisala0:
It could mean anything but it does not
Osim and Akuma Nnubi were not Eboes.

Their descendants reign in Aro till today

Show us any Eboe man called Nnubi today
You no dey think beyond your nose.

They are Latin names which are no longer extant or have gone into extinction....

Does the fact they have fallen into non-use confute their Latinness?

Arochukwu was a warrior people. Various Aro clans settled in many parts of Igboland.

There is nothing linking Arochukwu with Akamkpa except intermarriage since the two places are contiguous.

Cross River people have negligible homogeneity so the assumption that a little hamlet from Akamkpa over-powered the Aros and assumed their kingship is not only preposterous but laughable.

Many Igbo people bear the names given to them by their non-Igbo mothers so the Osim kite you are trying so hard to fly, with little success could have come that way.

Try another lazy pattern...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The Osogbo-Ila-Odo Roads Commissioned By Governor Adeleke / Tinubu's SSA, Ajuri Ngelale, Clears The Way For Tinubu In Dubai (Video) / Biafrans And Shi'ites Protesting At Anti-corruption Summit, London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.