Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days (30942 Views)

Tinubu Is Modest, He Lived In 3-bedroom Abuja Apartment Before Election - Bagudu / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ejanla077: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
BlowYourMind:
Nice one but only a bastard will claim another person's land as a fugitive, I am a Yoruba and will never be Igbo nor have anything to do with them, I will never retrogress by going to their land, I will choose any other tribe over my tribe, because I am not a bastard or an impersonator, I will never lie or speak derogatory words and untrue words again the tribe I claimed is mine. Only a fool pretend to bash another and I will never be a fool.

Yoruba people ran to yewa in benin Republic 2021.fulani herdsmen chased u out of ur towns and grandfather's huts

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by siofra(f): 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The igbos were not the only ones walking naked.

Btw, walking naked showed they were not able to develop,

they were never able to create a writing system talkless of clothing.

This basically showed they never were able to pass the hunter gathering stage.

As for dressing nude or with skimpy dresses, you can create a nude colony or go nude at home.

Have you ever heard of Nsibidi? I guess not. You should Google it.

They didn't really walk around naked, they wore skimpy clothes.

Hunter gatherer tribes are known to be more intelligent than pastoralist and farming tribes.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ejanla077: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Most of what is written here are pure propaganda and lies, an attempt to change and distort history.

There is nothing wrong being proud of your identity but an attempt to change history is wrong.

The igbo clothing you made mentioned of, it was not indigenous to igbo people, almost every tribe made a similar clothing style like the one you posted.

Fyi, this has nothing to do with igbo hating.

See ur people eat grass in 2021

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga1:
Even though I'm a Yoruba man but my great grandfather who was an Oba in Ilesha back then told me the truth that the Igbos were the first civilized black race in the world. That they helped bring civilization to our Yoruba land. I keep wondering how the Igbos were to be exposed so early more than us the Yorubas
[/s]

It's alright.

We understand your plight.

Low self-esteem. Otherwise, would anyone want to deny their ancestry?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
siofra:

Have you ever heard of Nsibidi? I guess not. You should Google it.

They didn't really walk around naked, they wore skimpy clothes.

Hunter gatherer tribes are known to be more intelligent than pastoralist and farming tribes.

Nsibidi isnt a writing language but a pictogram or syllabograms.

If Nsibidi was actually a writing language then it would have been developed, look at the English language, the old king james version english developed to the present English language.

Why are the igbos not writing in Nsibidi?

You claim the igbos were not walking about naked but in skimpy clothes but there are lot of pictorial evidence that showed otherwise they were barely covered.

An hunter gathering society is the first stage of civilization, so how can they be more intelligent than an agricultural or pastoral tribes.

Unfortunately, many African tribes haven't passed the hunter gathering, agricultural and pastoral stages of civilization.

Btw, most pastoral tribes are known as the warrior tribes and elite tribes, small in number but love to be the ruling class, this trace have been found in the tutsi tribe, maasai ,fulani etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by collele(m): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
Shiver99:
Igbos didn't only manufacture clothing, but various forms of weaponry, and other artefacts.

Some examples of Igbo merchandise.

Below are a sword, javelin, and tobacco pipe of Igbo make.

My grand father still has this javelin...he said it belongs to his own grand father...I will ensure I preserve it...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Fahdiga1: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
TripleOh7:
[s][/s]

It's alright.

We understand your plight.

Low self-esteem. Otherwise, would anyone want to deny their ancestry?
Why showing me a parody account of my moniker used by someone that I don't know who he is?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by theFilmtric: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
Most of what I said on this thread, were totally out of place. I was responding to vitriol with more vitriol. Which is not right.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Gbagura: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Where did you see me claim Igbo
Where did you see me claim Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Igboid: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
theFilmtric:

Stop decieving yourselves
Nsibidi wasn't Igbo

They were basically naked

The first historical man(homo sapiens) were hunter gatherers
Are they more intelligent than the present mostly farming man? grin

This thread is full of propaganda

What is your point?
What is the name of your ethnic group let's compare your precolonial achievements with those of Ndiigbo.

Nsibidi originated from small Ejagham tribe in Cross River. Ndiigbo living close to them borrowed and modified it to serve us.
That's basically how progressive communities behave.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by theFilmtric: 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Easternblood: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Even though I'm a Yoruba man but my great grandfather who was an Oba in Ilesha back then told me the truth that the Igbos were the first civilized black race in the world. That they helped bring civilization to our Yoruba land. I keep wondering how the Igbos were to be exposed so early more than us the Yorubas
It's divine bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Easternblood: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
obaaderemi:
I thought some of you said you were Jews.
Some not all

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Igboid: 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2021
theFilmtric:

Yoruba
Oya let's see cheesy
Don't disgrace yourself
We are not mates

You are in no way a match for Ndiigbo.
Igbo ukwu artifacts beat whatsoever Yorubaland (Ife) has to offer.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by r4bbit: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
.... Hahahha. Lol.... Go and sit down
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by r4bbit: 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Easternblood:
Some not all

Lol
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by r4bbit: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
.......... � lol
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by bomb24: 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
BKayy:

Thank you my brother.
We never had kings and will never have.
All those lies about some people being kings are lies.
Eze Nri and Eze Aro were Priests

Eze aro wasn't a priest!!

don't re-write another man's history just to suit your claim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by bomb24: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2021
theFilmtric:

Yoruba
Oya let's see cheesy
Don't disgrace yourself
We are not mates

algae soup eater

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Why showing me a parody account of my moniker used by someone that I don't know who he is?

He's even denying his own existence.

Lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Igboid:

Empty chestbeating yii noni.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2021
siofra:

Lol.

See ignorance at its peak o.

Chai!

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Igboid:

grin grin grin grin

I suspect you're not Igbo.

I think you're a northerner who just wants to make Igbo people look bad.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by hegelian: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Igbo enwe eze. Igbos are the most liberal people I've ever seen apart from the whites

you are right about this..i experienced this first hand during my nysc days and i cherish them for that.. most people hate them because they are enterprising and brag about it (but who wouldnt if you have it abeg flaunt it)...i have lived almost everywhere in the country but igbo liberalism is second to none and sometimes i wish i am igbo eventhough i cherish my yoruba ancestry.. if i am to freely chose where to live in the country, it will definitley be igbo land...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by hegelian: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I doubt you know the meaning of liberalism.

am sure you are the one that lack that meaning...I am yoruba and i served in igbo land, i can remember how free i was with my thinking and thought without fear of attack than i would have been if i was in my state... i lived in the north and eventually resigned my lucrative job because of freedom of thinking and thought... so bros you are the one that lack the meaning of liberalism

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by theFilmtric: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
Igboid:

cheesy

You kidding? grin
Igbo-Ukwu can drag with esie stone works but never ife

Ife is way up there

Nah....

I think you kidding grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by BKayy: 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2021
bomb24:

Eze aro wasn't a priest!!

don't re-write another man's history just to suit your claim.

A full Priest, ask questions
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by theFilmtric: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
hegelian:

you are right about this..i experienced this first hand during my nysc days and i cherish them for that.. most people hate them because they are enterprising and brag about it (but who wouldnt if you have it abeg flaunt it)...i have lived almost everywhere in the country but igbo liberalism is second to none and sometimes i wish i am igbo eventhough i cherish my yoruba ancestry.. if i am to freely chose where to live in the country, it will definitley be igbo land...
You don't know the meaning of liberalism

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ba7man(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2021
Fahdiga1:
There is no known empire that has ever existed in the southeast.

Dwellings there consisted of hamlets.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Gov Soludo Receives The Body Of Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife (photos) / Shehu Sani's Comment About Magu & Fayose That Shows Karma Is Real / President Buhari Meets Ali Kwara, Commends His Security Expertise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.