Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (31174 Views)

31 States Owe CBN N340bn Bailout Funds / Sell Returned Private Jet, Fund Critical Sectors In Rivers – APC Advises Wike / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by potopotoking: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2021
[s]
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East
[/s]

sifia pains grin

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Emmalondon: 9:37am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Its true that igbos are industrous but Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy.
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy

Don't mind the fool that posted this rubbish. He just wants to make his Info brothers feel like they own the world.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by pseudaria: 9:39am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Na so tinubu dey deceive una put una for one chance. We all know economics is much more than buying and selling of imported goods and other locally made items although in a developing economy such as this shithole buying and selling make up the bulk of the economy. If the govt restructures the economy and truly invest in other critical sectors then the economy will be truly diversified. This unintelligent write-up is a product of hausafulani aboki propaganda made to instigate other tribes against the igbos. The SS can never fall for it but as usual sophisticated afonjas will always be the ready bait. 2015/2019 has taught you people nothing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by CSTRR: 9:39am On Jun 30, 2021
Obakashdee:

They only sell electrical appliances and boom they say they own 80% bayelsa economy. They no know the kind money bayelsa rich men get
Which money bayelsa people get?

Oil bunkering money?

5 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by olowo1930: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2021
They are creative in thinking I mean the Igbos but they should realise that this present govt has brought them below ebb "dot in the circle". I think if they are wise enough they should a Congress telling the world that ,we know already and it's time to leave Nigeria to their promise land. Nigeria is hell on earth. We have born to rule people, we have flowers that vow eats and sand that cow and born to rule marches.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by jcross19: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Every region has her two by 2 shops

Igbo's are not.only the people doing that kind of business in SW, I don't know about ur state or region.

But I'm 100% sure that in any Town (apart from Lagos) in SW, for every single thing an Igbo man is selling, there are hundreds of Yoruba's doing the same.

BTW, retail business ain't the only business driving economy.

Which region has more in Music than SW?
What about Techs, ITs, Education, Tourism, Art

Are igbos telling me.there into this than SW?
And all these things don't drive the economy than retail business?
slot is own by who? Coscharis nko? And many more!!even 70% of importations in Nigeria are made by Igbo's so it's glaring even obvious to blind..

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by redirect(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2021
IGBO ARE POWER HOUSE OF NIGERIA ECONOMY

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Ewedegubbler: 9:44am On Jun 30, 2021
This piece was written by an Hausa man. But watch this degenerate into an inter tribal e-war between Yoruba and Igbo.

I Dey for one corner Dey watch

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Jonathan39: 9:44am On Jun 30, 2021
Can you tell me any of the above igbos are not well represented in?
Sammy07:

When someone says they control economy.
Do you know what economy means?

Tell me ur definition of economy and critical sectors!

I guess, education, ITs, tech startups, music, movies, etc ain't part of Critical sectors in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by ibechris(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:
Yet they couldn't replicate same in their home region.

Abegii, before you dash me clothes, I must see your wardrobe

See envy....
This is one of the people that hate us for being hardworking. Hate kill u there,who cares how u react.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by pius49(m): 9:47am On Jun 30, 2021
What is the essence of this report, the properties they control didn't they buy it with their hard earned money.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by chloride6: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2021
What an article..
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by potopotoking: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I didn't say they ain't industrious.
I just hate fallacies claims, esp when it involves my DUDU Region and My DOODOO People.

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Awoo88: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2021
What exactly is the point.of this write up?? To cuase hatred for the igbos or what? What about how hausa people are dominating all government agencies?? Go to NIS and u will see a department being man by people from kano and Jigawa

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by bigpicture001: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

No deep villages in naija are as developed as igbo villages....travel and see

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Anambra1stS0n: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

When someone says they control economy.
Do you know what economy means?

Tell me ur definition of economy and critical sectors!

I guess, education, ITs, tech startups, music, movies, etc ain't part of Critical sectors in Nigeria
Music contribute 0 to Nigeria economy, Check services, wholesale & retail

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Standing5(m): 9:53am On Jun 30, 2021
Is this a threat to Igbo's or what?

Why are they suddenly counting Igbo investment outside of Igbo land? I know it is the Abokis that are behind this as they eat breathe and sleep one Nigeria.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Psalmistproject: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2021
Una no go let them go. Wait until they buy off the entire country.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Bogus001: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2021
Gbagura:
Fulani understand mind games than anyone. They release this gibberish to dissuade igbos away from thinking properly. Igbos suffer like minor group and yet they are a major group. Any igbo believing this media brainwashing is a big FOOL.
Last last Igbo go make south east their business headquarters(Biafra).small China for Nigeria, biafra economy go de very strong lol

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Anambra1stS0n: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

All sectors that contributes to Nigeria GDP, take your time and study the table

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by nameo: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Actually, they own virtually 100% of the businesses in their home states.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Moonlight87: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Oga, I never said the Igbo's are the most industrious in the country, I said they are also industrous
be truthful to yourself, who is the most industrious and stop being a caword

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Jonathan39: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2021
Who is the owner of decagon? Tekedia , should I mention more grin grin

There is no sector in Nigeria Igbos are not well represented in. Both Music, Tech, Education, Transportation, mention anything.
Sammy07:

Mr man, then can have huge investment of those in SE and other regions but Not SOUTH WEST.

travel away from ur village in afarachukwu, stop relying on media and see how things works here.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Dottore: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Have you been to Igbo land before? Is there any Region that is better developed than South East? Just asking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by SmartPolician: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

The South East economy is run completely by the Igbos...

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Moonlight87: 10:00am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I didn't say they ain't industrious.
I just hate fallacies claims, esp when it involves my Region and My People.

I think you really need to sit and think about it deeply.
The hate won’t let you see how bright the DOT is

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by pacespot(m): 10:00am On Jun 30, 2021
The moment the northerners started questioning Igbo business influence in the north and talking about taking over their properties, that is when Nnamdi Kanu and his Biafra agitators shot themselves in the foot. The fact is that igbos cannot afford to lose their businesses across the country in the name of Biafra or allow any policies to be put in place that will jeopardize their businesses across the country, this is the major economic model and advantage the igbos want to maintain over others in the country, and some of them, the greedy ones still want biafra on top. Imagine controlling the critical economic sectors of other countries while you have your own separate country, biafra. They probably gave Nnamdi Kanu up knowing that his agitation is putting igbos businesses in danger. Nigeria doesn't even need to worry about biafra or IPOB, saying they will stiffle igbos out of markets around the country is enough to quell any agitation for biafra. The truth is that the igbos cannot afford to stand alone as a separate country without setting up their businesses in other countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Bogus001: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2021
Psalmistproject:
Una no go let them go. Wait until they buy off the entire country.

U never hear of black jew b4,U want make Igbo colonize Nigeria, who no fear Igbo money no dey travel from e place.Ask Oga reno omokri him go explain.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Bwilliam(m): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2021
I can now understand why you people are always pained.

These are the people you gave 20 pounds after the war and thought they would wallow in poverty.

When God Almighty created the igbos, he didn't create any other tribe that day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by nanauju(f): 10:04am On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Mr man, then can have huge investment of those in SE and other regions but Not SOUTH WEST.

travel away from ur village in afarachukwu, stop relying on media and see how things works here.

Ogbeni

It’s your fellow afonja that was among those that wrote the piece

Go and argue with him. You guys are always crying on everything igbo. Stop flexing muscle here. Education is not just about reading headlines and jumping to conclusions, it’s also about checking for sources

Ignorance is no excuse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by vikstandon(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Its true that igbos are industrous but Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy.
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy

Even with the phone repair, they bought over your economy!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

War Song: PDP Asks ICC To Place Rotimi Ameachi On Watch List. / NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / Adamu Garba Resigns From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.