Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana (38934 Views)

Dangote Inaugurates CKD Truck Assembly Plant In Lagos / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Cosmas Maduka Coscharis Regrets Investing N1.7billion On Vehicle Assembly Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by muyeski21(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Toyota didn’t snub Nigeria, they are afraid to compete with Innoson motors lipsrsealed

They are scared of the fluctuating economy it's not good for investment
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Kingspin(m): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
kettykin:
There's something these corporate organizations know that a lot of Nigerians are ignorant
Nigerians know them. They still voted Buhari and rigged for him.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by ToughGong(m): 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
ogunboi:
Even Buhari families are not school and living in Nigeria. Na only mad people dey invest for naija.
Well done Toyota
then i am a mad person. My money is in this country.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by geemd434: 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
StreetFight:
Okay. But all the money in Ghana is less than what we have in Victoria Island alone. Toyota will soon be banned in Nigeria and you will see how Toyota will close Ghana office.

Anyway, na that lifeless terrorist living inside the Rock caused this insult from Toyota and Ghana.

You think say na only Nigeria be market. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by iKingsley(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Not good
hehe... First time seeing you change slogan cheesy
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Kingspin(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kingpin1000:
The name Buhari is Plague.. No one wants to associate with the Mannequin. Even though Nigeria has a larger market if not the largest Toyota market in Africa,they chose Ghana. Tueh... E no go better for people wey package that man deceive una
Toyota in Ghana the real target market is Nigeria.

Shame on Aboki

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by tonididdy(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
but there is a toyota in lekki. ikate elegushi. beside house of rock
Prolly a franchise barely struggling to keep up.
But this in Ghana is Toyota international.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by InvertedHammer: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
no sane factory will rely on national grid for electricity.. no where. Not even the western countries.

Factories generate their own electricity.
It will be insane and not cost effective for big factories to rely on government for power.
/
Factories do not generate their electricity in the developed nations. They have backup generators for emergency that rarely happens.

/

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by NinjaMetahuman: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Factories do not generate their electricity in the developed nations. They have backup generators for emergency that rarely happens.

/
lmao..

Back up generator for big factories
Wetin man no go read for nairaland.

I bet you will also tell me that the likes of general motors or Tesla gigafactory run on power grid and use I pass my neighbour generator for back up grin grin grin

I bet you also think Dangote cement factory or the current refininery he is building runs on generator cheesy

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by emmyrate1(m): 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
System202:
Usless Toyota Benz/Bmw any day any time.
do u even have a bicycle?
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by DeRay98(m): 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2021
This is we Nigerians are weak minded, if we boycott Toyota products and Ghana location doesn't favour them, they'll have to open a plant in Nigeria. Don't tell me Nigeria isn't safe...
Innosen has not closed down yet inspite of the unknown gun men killings in the East.
You can't employ Ghanaians while collecting our money...
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Kfed4ril(m): 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
StreetFight:
Okay. But all the money in Ghana is less than what we have in Victoria Island alone. Toyota will soon be banned in Nigeria and you will see how Toyota will close Ghana office.

Anyway, na that lifeless terrorist living inside the Rock caused this insult from Toyota and Ghana.

But you’re thinking like the lifeless terrorist, for you to want to ban Toyota just because the snub your backwards and terrorist country to invest in a more progressive country is terrorist thinking.
Imagine the amount Toyota will be spending on diesel monthly if there were in Nigeria, that alone could run the plant down. After spending such amount phcn will still give you bill for darkness, after that you’ll still pay outrageous taxes both to local, state and federal. Then Buhari will mandate them to build the plant in the north and employ 70% northerners.
Bros all this don run the business down already.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by InvertedHammer: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
lmao..

Back up generator for big factories
Wetin man no go read for nairaland.

I bet you will also tell me that the likes of general motors or Tesla gigafactory run on power grid and use I pass my neighbour generator for back up grin grin grin

I bet you also think Dangote cement factory or the current refininery he is building runs on generator cheesy
/

So you never know that factories come in different sizes. They opened Assembly plant in Ghana.

You made a blanket false statement about factories and power generation in western nations. You can twist it to gigafactory or megafactory as you like.

You said, "Factories generate their electricity"

/
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by kevinexit(m): 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Toyota didn’t snub Nigeria, they are afraid to compete with Innoson motors lipsrsealed

u get sense at all? u won use Toyota company compare Innoson?

your brain is very shallow.. which day innoson start ? which significant vehicle innoson don produce?

don't forget Toyota own Lexus..
your brain is very shallow..

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Frenzy01(m): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nobody wants to. Have anything to do with the zoo anymore. So Sad angry

meanwhile, I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Killermamba: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
Health16:
Toyota, a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer, has snubbed Nigeria, as it opened an assembly plant in Ghana.

The plant, which was established to assembly Toyota Hilux pick-up and other sedans by the Toyota Tsusho Manufacturing Company Limited, is located in the Freezones Enclave in Tema.

Good things dey run for APC and buhari government

President Akufo-Addo of Ghana commissioned the plant yesterday (Tuesday, June 29, 2021), saying the development will help make the acquisition of new vehicles by Ghanaians more affordable as well as enable public sector workers to be able to afford and purchase locally assembled vehicles.

https://newsrand.com/2021/06/30/toyota-snubs-nigeria-opens-assembly-plant-in-ghana/
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by NinjaMetahuman: 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

So you never know that factories come in different sizes. They opened Assembly plant in Ghana.

You made a blanket false statement about factories and power generation in western nations. You can twist it to gigafactory or megafactory as you like.

You said, "Factories generate their electricity"

/
no assembly plant run on Milkano type generator Or national grid..

Some of those factories sometimes generate enough power to to power a small city.

If you see any point it out.

Already made it clear its large scale factory not I pass my neighbour factories.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Mrice22: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

No.
They are scared that someday bokoharam(bandits)/Fulani terrorists would bomb their facilities or kidnap their workers & then demand $1 trillion dollars and then Pantami will communicate Sheikh Gumi to negotiate on behalf of the terrorists and get his share.
Same with all notable international investors.Hence their japa... grin
You're so intelligent � and a good analyzer..
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by rafcrown(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
POOR THINKING,POOR LOCATION. Country of 130 million people ,great lovers of toyota cars abandoned.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by EngrXrix(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
Health16:
Toyota, a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer, has snubbed Nigeria, as it opened an assembly plant in Ghana.

The plant, which was established to assembly Toyota Hilux pick-up and other sedans by the Toyota Tsusho Manufacturing Company Limited, is located in the Freezones Enclave in Tema.

President Akufo-Addo of Ghana commissioned the plant yesterday (Tuesday, June 29, 2021), saying the development will help make the acquisition of new vehicles by Ghanaians more affordable as well as enable public sector workers to be able to afford and purchase locally assembled vehicles.

https://newsrand.com/2021/06/30/toyota-snubs-nigeria-opens-assembly-plant-in-ghana/
No stable electricity
Unattractive government policies
Unstable and unpredictable economy
Constant civil unrest
Kidnapping and banditry
And the mother of all, the deadly tentacle of corruption.

If na you, you go open business for place wey get all these issues?

Lets tell ourselves the truth. Nigeria is not a palatable place to invest right now and we have to come together to change that narrative.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by ttmacoy: 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
That’s your answer to everything now? Instead of working on the reasons why companies are not willing to invest we would rather spend the time and effort wasting time.

You can tax through VAT on the cars sold in Nigeria and that is passed to you the consumer, and you can tax the car dealers importing the cars into Nigeria but you cannot tax Toyota as an entity either in Japan or Ghana as they are not within Nigeria’s tax jurisdiction.

tamdun:
Nigeria govt should tax shege comot for their body, since Naija isn't good for their plant, then Naija market to shouldn't be available

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by cescky(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
StreetFight:

you must be the dumbest person from your village....anyways your type never even see land border, not your fault though

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by yommen: 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2021
System202:
Usless Toyota Benz/Bmw any day any time.

And you fool feel either Benz or BMW will come and site their plant in Nigeria? Ode!!! Which Moto you papa fit make that warrant you to call almighty Toyota useless. A fool who knows nothing claiming to know something.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by yommen: 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
LikeAking:
All the investments can not come to Nigeria na.

Oya, tell me how many has come to Nigeria. Nigeria is their target market and not Ghana. They only chose Ghana because it's close to Nigeria and has a friendlier environment in terms of power, security, economic stability etc.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Funkylove21: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
It is well oooo
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Elsueno: 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
undecided
Who even uses that piece of crap,
Team PAN baby!

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by byinks(f): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Why site your business in a place where a genocide is lurking around the corner ?
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Raalsalghul: 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
CSTRR:
But but but osibanjo has done wonders to the economy with his nice English.

Una go learn.

Leave them.

Nigerians and Stockholm syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Techguy96(m): 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
you that live in the city,

Please list the name of the big factories that are leaving nigeria in drove cos of insecurities or FDI or whatever crap you posted up there.

You said ShopRite, but how can ShopRite leave and still be operating?

Just thank me for taking a moment this afternoon to educate all your brainwashed ignorant kids that think everything in Nigeria is bad and must be brought down at any stupid opportunity.
So you are not aware that shoprite has been sold or u choose to be ignorant, if they were making so much profit from Nigeria, do u think they will sell off such huge business.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/General/Why-companies-will-continue-to-leave-Nigeria-for-Ghana-/7324

Just read through this article above thats if u can read n understand, in it u will see some manufacturers that's has left Nigeria for Ghana, many more will.
Keep on wallowing in ur ignorance n defending this God forsaken country.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Techguy96(m): 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
DeRay98:
This is we Nigerians are weak minded, if we boycott Toyota products and Ghana location doesn't favour them, they'll have to open a plant in Nigeria. Don't tell me Nigeria isn't safe...
Innosen has not closed down yet inspite of the unknown gun men killings in the East.
You can't employ Ghanaians while collecting our money...
How many innoson cars do u see around?

Do u know the interesting thing about innoson, he has other business outside Nigeria.
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by Splashme: 12:11am On Jul 01, 2021
Terrible
Re: Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana by InvertedHammer: 12:37am On Jul 01, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
no assembly plant run on Milkano type generator Or national grid..

Some of those factories sometimes generate enough power to to power a small city.

If you see any point it out.

Already made it clear its large scale factory not I pass my neighbour factories.
/
I give up!

If your idea of a generator is limited to the level of Mikano, Generac, Perkins, etc. that you see in Nigeria.

You are right.
/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.