Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? (2604 Views)

Guys Never Invite A Lady To Pass The Night In Your Place (my Story) / Man And Girlfriend Spend Night In Sterling Bank’s Toilet In Delta, Arrested / Man Throws Lady Out Of Hotel Room At Night For Refusing Sex After Eating Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by athenswonders: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
Please let’s take this to the front page to get more comments

Suya isn’t a breakfast food, true, but I’ve never had trouble getting some after work, or for an afternoon snack.

It’s usually available by the time folks are getting off work in the early evenings.

Now in my old Abuja neighborhood of Jabi, the street stalls didn’t get fired up until dusk, that is true. This was because the sidewalks are unshaded and hot until the sun starts to go down. Also bush bars typically rely on guys grabbing a beer or two after work, before heading home and Jabi food stalls were for neighborhood folks who’d already gotten home, which meant a slightly later crowd.

I’m guessing this may be a Lagos question, given how common I’ve seen suya served in the afternoon in both small towns and all around Abuja, along with times I was visiting friends in Jos and Lokoja. If so, I’d guess the notorious Lagos traffic means people get home later and hence the suya sellers plan for night time crowds. Plus Lagos is known for nightlife.

There is the magical hour of dusk and early nightfall, when the heat of the day is gone and it’s not so late one worries about theft and other crimes occurring. It’s always the most pleasant time of day for a stroll and many people are out and about then, which is perfect for selling spicy grilled meat.
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by correctyourself(m): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
Because it's sweeter I'm the night grin
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Because its human flesh

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by longetivity(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bodmum:
Because its human flesh
grin angry grin
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by valdes00(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bacteria dont see at night....

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Jashub: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Suya is sold in the day time oga. Come to northern nigeria and you'll see them plenty.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by JaneYave(f): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
The do d preparations at day and display late evening.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by tnerro1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
Cause most people are busy hustling during the day
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by peppermint7(m): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Oga a de chop suya steady during day time

1 Like

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Draslo(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Just like shawarma, it moves better at night cause men buy for the women they're hitting that night. Stats show that when you buy shawarma or suya for a sex worker, she will treat you better. Even non-sex workers are not left out. Buy a woman between 18-30 shawarma (or food in general grin) at least 3 times and the coochie wet already sure for u unless u dull it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by hisgrace090: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
tnerro1:
Cause most people are busy hustling during the day

Yes the northerners who are the original owners of suya are marely farmers who enjoy life at night.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by baralatie(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
17:59

Things

grin

Who has your time in the day to wait for suya in Lagos o!

But at night after close of work

Nna mehn!

People will shock you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by VlamesIffect(f): 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
They sell in d day too.

But not as night...

I remember when my elder sister came back from Scotland we went to buy suya in day time cos she said she missed it soo much she couldn't wait for nighy to come.
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by felixnkubi: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
why is this thread in the romance section or are you crushing on the suya man opposite your house

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by MosayA: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2021
Spirit no dey waka for daytime. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Ezeashawo: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
Because darkness is one of the ingredients

athenswonders:

Suya isn’t a breakfast food, true, but I’ve never had trouble getting some after work, or for an afternoon snack.

It’s usually available by the time folks are getting off work in the early evenings.

Now in my old Abuja neighborhood of Jabi, the street stalls didn’t get fired up until dusk, that is true. This was because the sidewalks are unshaded and hot until the sun starts to go down. Also bush bars typically rely on guys grabbing a beer or two after work, before heading home and Jabi food stalls were for neighborhood folks who’d already gotten home, which meant a slightly later crowd.

I’m guessing this may be a Lagos question, given how common I’ve seen suya served in the afternoon in both small towns and all around Abuja, along with times I was visiting friends in Jos and Lokoja. If so, I’d guess the notorious Lagos traffic means people get home later and hence the suya sellers plan for night time crowds. Plus Lagos is known for nightlife.

There is the magical hour of dusk and early nightfall, when the heat of the day is gone and it’s not so late one worries about theft and other crimes occurring. It’s always the most pleasant time of day for a stroll and many people are out and about then, which is perfect for selling spicy grilled meat.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Tolani1122(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
Why are you people saying rubbish , its some guys have not left their home town since they were born suyas sells at day time too not at night only . do your research very well
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by athenswonders: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Tolani1122:
Why are you people saying rubbish , its some guys have not left their home town since they were born suyas sells at day time too not at night only . do your research very well

My friend I don’t need research to know that Suya sells at night only...... which one be say some guys have not left their home again ?

Are you now a Suya Ambassador/tourist....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by NewDawn2O21: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bodmum:
Because its human flesh
you just registered a new account today to troll?
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by fineberry(m): 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
Op, if not the SuYa that I see as the title of this thread, I would have thought maybe you're drafting a discrptive easy about all the local government area you have lived.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by loadedvibes: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Me sef dey wonder
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Seakay(m): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Because "Night" is part of the ingredients. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Anndju(m): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
U check am u go enjoy suya 4 morning??
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by GeneralPula: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
Wahala..
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by joinnow: 12:08am On Jul 02, 2021
athenswonders:

come fcda aound 1pm
suya don ready
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 02, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
you just registered a new account today to troll?
come and beat me
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Lexusgs430: 6:33am On Jul 02, 2021
Social engagements, happens mostly at night...... wink
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by blinking001(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2021
Darkness is one of the ingredients as it makes it taste better.
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by nigerianrevolut(f): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2021
This is a good question sir. Do the suya-sellers think we will die if we eat suya in the morning? Lol.

Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Onlykwaffy(m): 8:45am On Jul 02, 2021
Darkness is one of the Ingredients used making Suya
Re: Why Is Suya Sold At Night In Nigeria ? by Cyphar(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2021
correctyourself:
Because it's sweeter I'm the night grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Kisses Better,nigerians Or / If A Woman Tells You : ? / Men, Why Do U Guys Do Things Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.