Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? (21783 Views)

Can You Sell Your B.sc Certificate For #100 Million? / Different Students During Their Final Year Project (Hilarious Photos) / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Kokaine(m): 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
Darkseid:
Mine wasn't even tested on the day of defence; it really pained me, even though I got a good grade in the project, I felt like all the time and money I spent was wasted.

A fellow classmate bought a new 200W solar panel for his project plus spent another 150k on building his device but it wasn't tested as well. He tried to go with the solar panel, at least to return it but HOD refused; after our results were out, my guy go where department pack the project works go carry his solar panel.

Even our project report were thrown to one corner, this country sucks abeg.
electrical abi?

That's their latest now. Giving students inverter as project so that they can get batteries, charge controller and panel. Most schools in Nigeria don't even offer any course on microcontrollers oh. You will graduate and start learning arduino. Watin childeren take dey play for other countries. Fake country.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Odogwu2023(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
inyangd4:
Yes, mine was useful to me.
By the grace of God it was published in a reputable journal.

While job hunting, it was one of my achievements and I got a lot of commendation from it. It helped me in getting the job I am on now!
what was the project
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by teepain: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
fergie001:

I do not think even in the next world, there will ba an answer to the chicken egg issue though but you have these things in every Country.

Tbvh, it is a mess out there. The stories I have heard from multiple sources do not show good upbringing. But again, for every truant, we have world beaters. Guys and Girls breaking multiple records all over the world.

You cannot have a perfect population or a perfect system. The value system has changed. Many even argue that things were better during the Military days.

There was more orderliness, discipline & patriotism. I grew up mostly during the Military era, our system now is all rot. From down below to up there.

I wish I had an answer to that. I am sorry, we call it smartness but it madness.

Thanks for admitting the part I emphasized in bold.

Admittedly, there are still Nigerians doing great all over the world. But my brother I have seen it all.

I grew up in the era where invigilators didn't have work to do because we had self-checking mechanisms: you dared not cheat otherwise you would become the subject of derisive jokes.

Then, I witnessed the country transform into one that cared less about how you achieved your objectives rather it is all about 'the end justifies the means'!
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Fidelismaria: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2021
inyangd4:
Yes, mine was useful to me.
By the grace of God it was published in a reputable journal.

While job hunting, it was one of my achievements and I got a lot of commendation from it. It helped me in getting the job I am on now!

Cool!

How did you publish it?

What are the steps to publishing a final year project?

1 Like

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by fergie001: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2021
Yemmysworld91:
Well you're hammering on the fact that we've got weak institutions. With this current structure the institutions will continue to get weaker.
Let's break the center and not the country.

Have you seen the newly passed PIB bill? What a document!
This structure no be am abeg

I said it earlier, that only a mad man...a very mad one at that will not support breaking the Centre with what is going on now.

1 Like

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by fergie001: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
teepain:

Thanks for admitting the part I emphasized in bold.

Admittedly, there are still Nigerians doing great all over the world. But my brother I have seen it all.

I grew up in the era where invigilators didn't have work to do because we had self-checking mechanisms: you dared not cheat otherwise you would become the subject of derisive jokes.

Then, I witnessed the country transform into one that cared less about how you achieved your objectives rather it is all about 'the end justifies the means'!
There are things I see now and smh.

So many things are painful to really watch now....worse still....There is no help in sight.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by DFERENCE: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
Is my degree even useful? You are talking of project grin grin
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Ovis1302(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
saphiere:
Mine would be of use to the generation coming after me. Mine would lead to a revolution that would bring a woman into power.
Abeg make we hear word.
If you were the governor of your state, what will you do sef?
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Giantfarmer(m): 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2021
fergie001:

There are things I see now and smh.

So many things are painful to really watch now....worse still....There is no help in sight.
I dey enjoy una gist well a,e dey sweet me abeg make una open one thread for this kind discuss to continue ooo... make I add my own
I think Nigeria as a country has one fundamental problem which is we the citizens.... the politicians are a product of us .. what we see is who we really are,I watch with dismay how we try to circumvent processes,cheat, maneuver ,play smart at every given opportunity... what is the denominator btw North and South? corruption, nepotism, tribalism etc .... same we are same people ...
disintegrating doesn't solve or will not solved the problem because which of this region has faired well in terms of governance is it southern politicians or northern

abeg we need a thread for this.... I want to learn,we need a new way forward,,, enough of castigation, we all know Nigeria has a leadership problem but what are we going to do to change the narrative?
, let proofer solution now this is the true revolution now

1 Like

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by promisedeco(m): 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
Darkseid:
Mine wasn't even tested on the day of defence; it really pained me, even though I got a good grade in the project, I felt like all the time and money I spent was wasted.

A fellow classmate bought a new 200W solar panel for his project plus spent another 150k on building his device but it wasn't tested as well. He tried to go with the solar panel, at least to return it but HOD refused; after our results were out, my guy go where department pack the project works go carry his solar panel.

Even our project report were thrown to one corner, this country sucks abeg.

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Marv650(m): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
Yours sincerely, that trash that got me an A is useless, I can't even use if for anything in my life. The results were inconclusive and the data was partially faulty.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Ojady(m): 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
TemiGod:
Was your B.Sc final year project of any use to you during/after school?

Did it help you any way, maybe during an interview etc?

Don’t air me pls�

First of all, if a final year project is useless during and after graduation, the blame is on the school, the department, the supervisor and finally the student. First of all, the idea of a final year project should be a culmination of the 4/5/6/7 years (dependent on the course) of the student's studies. Simply put what was a problem, a phenomenon that you encountered or has been an issue of debate in your field of study while on campus. Say for instance, you studied electrical/mechanical engineering, a project can focus on accessibility (automatic doors/escalators) for physically challenged students, or if a civil/structural/surveying/urban regional planning student, the construction of a mini link road/bridge that could serve as a short cut route to other parts of campus. If you are a science student (mbbs, mcb, bch etc) your project can be on accessible and affordable medical care for students on campus etc. My point is, your project must focus on pointing out and research on problems within campus. You can point out why it is an issue, how it is a problem and then solutions. This project aimed at a campus problem will allow you build on it, if you have to go for Masters due to no job and then brag about your problem solving at any interview.

The problem is, most of us never thought about project until perhaps year 3 or 4, at that time, the gp is either buried at the Lagoon front or you just want to graduate. Also, supervisors who stifle one's creativity, either cause they are lazy to read or reenacting what they experienced while as a student writing their project back then.

In conclusion, if you re in your final year or about to, this op's post is a decent place to start, ask yourself, what will my project be about, originality, that is something you can relate to or just copy and paste....either way, its your call

2 Likes

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Rick9(m): 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
I wrote it to graduate Jor.
But it was an awesome project, my supervisor lauded it's originality and uniqueness.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by SheriffDTrader(m): 12:18am On Jul 06, 2021
I built a dual axis solar tracking device using a PIC microcontroller. That project almost made me run mad. I spent a lot of money buying the components, and doing the fabrication though I contracted the fabrication out but was involved in the programming side while I worked fully on the paper work. My project happened to be the most expensive in my set and I was the only one given that topic. During my defense, I wasn't even asked to demonstrate how it works. The thing pain me eeh. After all my effort and Money. Worst thing is, dust dy cover my project inside the current HOD office. I wanted to take my solar panel back them no gree so I manage take my battery we built. Am still in touch with my supervisor, we are planning to publish my work. That woman was a God sent, else my department wanted to kill me.

1 Like

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Richdee1(m): 12:35am On Jul 06, 2021
chidi500:
Download final year project topic and materials on www.researchs.com.ng

Where is the account number on the site, searched but not seen
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Darkseid(m): 1:01am On Jul 06, 2021
Kokaine:
electrical abi?

That's their latest now. Giving students inverter as project so that they can get batteries, charge controller and panel. Most schools in Nigeria don't even offer any course on microcontrollers oh. You will graduate and start learning arduino. Watin childeren take dey play for other countries. Fake country.
It's not funny at all. I once paid for a six months course on electronics design, and it was far better than the whole five years that I spent in school.

1 Like

Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by subcbouy: 1:10am On Jul 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:
mine was very useful...

Me and my partner developed a program application softwares for Students Record Management System...

Still in use till today..
Did your department or university adopted the algorithms?
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Guyman111: 1:10am On Jul 06, 2021
TemiGod:
sad

if you are seeing this, kindly give your comments.
cc lalasticlala ishilove seun
Okay comment made.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by subcbouy: 1:13am On Jul 06, 2021
Darkseid:
It's not funny at all. I once paid for a six months course on electronics design, and it was far better than the whole five years that I spent in school.
Absolutely right bro. Nigerian university sucks on this aspect.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Olafisoyem: 2:47am On Jul 06, 2021
Yes it was. I mentioned my project and how I analysed the results and that got me the job I’m in now.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by fergie001: 2:53am On Jul 06, 2021
Giantfarmer:
I dey enjoy una gist well a,e dey sweet me abeg make una open one thread for this kind discuss to continue ooo... make I add my own
I think Nigeria as a country has one fundamental problem which is we the citizens.... the politicians are a product of us .. what we see is who we really are,I watch with dismay how we try to circumvent processes,cheat, maneuver ,play smart at every given opportunity... what is the denominator btw North and South? corruption, nepotism, tribalism etc .... same we are same people ...
disintegrating doesn't solve or will not solved the problem because which of this region has faired well in terms of governance is it southern politicians or northern

abeg we need a thread for this.... I want to learn,we need a new way forward,,, enough of castigation, we all know Nigeria has a leadership problem but what are we going to do to change the narrative?
, let proofer solution now this is the true revolution now
The bolded has always been my argument....We will only create six more problems.

I agree that we should create a weak Centre. But I am more particular for us to look at our electoral and Judicial reform Systems.

In our home States, our Govs haven't done enough. Some have done better than the rest doesn't mean they are doing well when you factor how much they receive.

Those who are fighting for their own States are those that have shut down the FoI bill in their States even after an Appeal Court has ruled that the Bill is binding on all spheres of Govt.

The problem isn't in our rules, laws or Constitution but in the repercussions of this Act.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by ManOfCompetence(m): 4:15am On Jul 06, 2021
tunjijones:
It was wen I finished university I found out it was a waste of time.

I practically wasted five years of my life studying bullshit in a Nigerian university.

After school I had to start afresh. I had to learn how to make money and stay independent all on my own.

I have never really used what I studied in school to earn a living.

I don't know about you... But for me, I think I wasted my time going to a university in Nigeria.
What did you study in school
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by phemmyfour: 5:27am On Jul 06, 2021
TemiGod:

Don’t air me pls�
yes
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by ThiagoKid(m): 6:14am On Jul 06, 2021
tunjijones:
It was wen I finished university I found out it was a waste of time.

I practically wasted five years of my life studying bullshit in a Nigerian university.

After school I had to start afresh. I had to learn how to make money and stay independent all on my own.

I have never really used what I studied in school to earn a living.

I don't know about you... But for me, I think I wasted my time going to a university in Nigeria.
Pathetic!
So, bro what you doing presently to earn a living for yourself?
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Thobby02lawbar(f): 6:17am On Jul 06, 2021
Yeah, I did something on marital infidelity and it gave me an eye opener to why some single lady run after bigger men especially men that are old enough to be their father. It is psychological effect.
How can I get it published?
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by tommy589(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2021
fergie001:

A Nigerian is one of the easiest to govern. Tell me where else, you pay your taxes as due, yet still individually pay for security, for roads, etc.
If you tell a Nigerian, don't deface this wall, he will obey.

But then, he goes to the market and see the same politician who gave that order flouting the rules, he joins in the madness.

Something happened many years ago...In Lagos, the norm is once they cut off your power, you simply call a nearby electrician and he will fix it for you sharp sharp.

So I went to Umuahia, and the PHCN guys came up and did same.... Immediately, they left I called an electrician to reconnect.

If you see the way everyone attacked me. From my Uncle to passers-by to villagers, that they don't try that in Umuahia. I was shocked and everyone who was in that same situation simply went to the Office, paid and the PHCN guys came and reconnected.

In the natural way of taking one's bath, you pour water from your head to the toe.....If a politician is dealt with mercilessly, others will key behind.

When Murtala came in as CiC and was dealing with Governors even though some of those actions were draconian, what happened?

Everyone followed.

Don't also forget Murtala mass purge of "75-76, the southerners that were the majority in Federal civil service later got replaced and a good number of those left in service got their juniors promoted above them within a short space. That is why you see a section of the country hold sway in the Federal civil service

As for me,i don't believe in western styled democracy for any developing nation. It should be either home grown democracy or benevolent dictatorship
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by akanbiaa(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

PHP framework
Okay, so have you developed others using more recent tools?
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by yoged(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2021
My final year project was published as a journal .
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by BigDawsNet: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2021
akanbiaa:
Okay, so have you developed others using more recent tools?

GitHub

Stack overflow
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by fergie001: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2021
tommy589:

Don't also forget Murtala mass purge of "75-76, the southerners that were the majority in Federal civil service later got replaced and a good number of those left in service got their juniors promoted above them within a short space. That is why you see a section of the country hold sway in the Federal civil service

As for me,i don't believe in western styled democracy for any developing nation. It should be either home grown democracy or benevolent dictatorship
I think many will argue we are utilising the latter.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by Geenosko: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2021
Yep.
It was published and like they say, the rest is history.
Re: Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? by starlingbawa(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2021
TemiGod:

Don’t air me pls�

To an extent Yes...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change / List Of Universities And Polytechnics Marine Engineering In Nigeria / Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.