Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

See How Expensive Cars Are Now - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See How Expensive Cars Are Now (6478 Views)

9 Most Expensive Cars That Were Found Abandoned (PHOTOS) / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / The 7 Most Expensive Cars In The World (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Expensive Cars Are Now by captainking(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
I can't imagine Honda baby boy being sold for 900k...

Nigerian used for that matter..

Can car sellers stop being greedy?

E shock me

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Ofemmanu1: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
You never see anything

2 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by captainking(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ofemmanu1:
You never see anything
Haha haha... E shock me.. Car I used years ago and sold for 420k....

8 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Ofemmanu1: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
captainking:
Haha haha... E shock me.. Car I used years ago and sold for 420k....
A certain olodo baba cow don ruin everything.
I wanted to sell my DC for 800 before, now I'm holding on it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by captainking(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ofemmanu1:

A certain olodo baba cow don ruin everything.

I wanted to sell my DC for 800 before, now I'm holding on it.
.i bet you can sell it doe 1.2 if it's in top condition..

6 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Cokahot: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2021
Its only on nairalsand and jiji that you see such greedy bastards. I saw one who wants to sell a 19yr old lexus naija used for 1.8m when the same tokunbo of that old car is 1.5m . Greed kills. When a buyer comes with a reasonable amount,they would be doing shakara,become insulting and tell u to go and price tokunbo of the car. Oga stf u. Is this a tokunbi car or a registered car. They will end up selling it at a bigger loss . Here on nairaland, greedy idiots often use the word,like toks,toks standard,3months used story,like say u show us receipt .greedy idiots. Enter car stand and price,no fear,no look anyone face,take your mechanic along.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by hezsquirt(m): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2021
Hello sir....plz I'd like to know whr u could get a lexus car for 1.5m.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Elsueno: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
Any body stufid enough to buy that car for the amount stated deserves to be scammed!

6 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by danjaD(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Everything just come expensive, I shock to hear say the engine for baby boy named 250k now.

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Just like buying pencil light for 900k.pencil light and babyboy no suppose pass 600k for top form naija used because they are old cars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by greggng: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
Is a free world ...talk is free. But the reality will continue to be our front ,..whether we like it or not . The question I have asked several times is...should people stop selling car cos price of cars are now expensive? Just yesterday I was advicing a fellow dealer not to buy a 2005 corolla for 1.7m ...for Nigeria used ...but he told me to keep my advice cos whatever goes up in nigeria doesn't come down ...he paid and the next day someone bought it for 1.850m from him without stress. Finally , he adviced me not to listen to naive people on nairaland who doesn't wanna face reality. That they tend to blame dealers for their miserable state but they forgot that dealers don't steal cars....they buy from end users....where end users have now turn to dealer. ...they wanna sell directly to buyers at higher price, where to you expect a dealer to get a cheap car...My final word to you gullible people who are still living in the past ...is to continue dwelling in the past ...nobody tells a man whose house is on fire to stop chasing rat...insulting dealers will not help your miserable situation. ..just yesterday my car tyre got spoiled and I decided to call the guy that sells used tyre and he shouted when he told me the price for the tyre....I use to buy it 7k from him but now is 12k....so I decided to visit ladipo to know if he is trying to cheat ...I was surprise the price is same ...keep insulting dealers ...very soon you won't be able to buy food stuff to eat at home ...I hope you will be insulting market women when you get to the market ..That is what I call misplaced aggression ....channel your anger to government not your fellow citizens...they didn't cause the inflation or rise in dollar...My information will make sense to real men not people under their parents ...they will soon face reality

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by idu1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
This miserable middleman car crumb dealer don show grin

13 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
greggng:
Is a free world ...talk is free. But the reality will continue to be our front ,..whether we like it or not . The question I have asked several times is...should people stop selling car cos price of cars are now expensive? Just yesterday I was advicing a fellow dealer not to buy a 2005 corolla for 1.7m ...for Nigeria used ...but he told me to keep my advice cos whatever goes up in nigeria doesn't come down ...he paid and the next day someone bought it for 1.850m from him without stress. Finally , he adviced me not to listen to naive people on nairaland who doesn't wanna face reality. That they tend to blame dealers for their miserable state but they forgot that dealers don't steal cars....they buy from end users....where end users have now turn to dealer. ...they wanna sell directly to buyers at higher price, where to you expect a dealer to get a cheap car...My final word to you gullible people who are still living in the past ...is to continue dwelling in the past ...nobody tells a man whose house is on fire to stop chasing rat...insulting dealers will not help your miserable situation. ..just yesterday my car tyre got spoiled and I decided to call the guy that sells used tyre and he shouted when he told me the price for the tyre....I use to buy it 7k from him but now is 12k....so I decided to visit ladipo to know if he is trying to cheat ...I was surprise the price is same ...keep insulting dealers ...very soon you won't be able to buy food stuff to eat at home ...I hope you will be insulting market women when you get to the market ..That is what I call misplaced aggression ....channel your anger to government not your fellow citizens...they didn't cause the inflation or rise in dollar...My information will make sense to real men not people under their parents ...they will soon face reality
if pesin just talk of car price, you will crawl out and start spilling trash.you can pass your message without sounding pained.the other day you were pricing babyboy for 400k on a thread and you will now put it at 800k.nobody dey insult dealers we are airing our
opinion.i cannot even buy a car from a dealer.nothing consign me with car dealer

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by greggng: 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
if pesin just talk of car price, you will crawl out and start spilling trash.you can pass your message without sounding pained.the other day you were pricing babyboy for 400k on a thread and you will now put it at 800k.nobody dey insult dealers we are airing our
opinion.i cannot even buy a car from a dealer.nothing consign me with car dealer

Bros does airing your opinion include calling people bastard ? We don't even know that where our right ends other people own began. You are right I priced baby boy for 400k and the seller refused ....what did I do? I moved on without insulting him cos I don't know how he sourced his car ...I have never insulted anyone for pricing ...but calling people names like bastard is not advisable...can you call me a bastard if we meet face to face? You believe internet gives you avenue to insult people ordinarily you will address as SIR when you come face to face with them. In car business , the way you got your car will determine how you will sell. There is a challenge I have given to you guys ....I ask you guys to go bring cheaper and legit car for us to buy....I can assure you, I will sell for even 50k profit ...cos that way N airalanders will bear us witness....in that case you will 've the moral right to challenge us...in the absence of that keep dreaming

5 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by tonididdy(m): 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Most agents na opportunists

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by ehmmy11(m): 1:00am On Jul 05, 2021
long story short if you have such money be patient, order and clear the car yourself you can save up to 500k-3m depending on the make and year. That’s the ultimate solution let the dealers drive their cars themselves something that suppose add 200k they will put 1m ontop.. as for Naija used be careful just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it’s not a lemon beware..

19 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Cokahot: 7:24am On Jul 05, 2021
Well my 4th car I must buy from abroad. I will buy,ship and clear myself then gbam,I must AD it on nairaland with at least 50% profit. I regret buying from a dealer,he made cool 400k on my head.

9 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by ShakeDaRoom: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2021
Personally I find most cars on Jiji affordable. I hear they moderate all ads to ensure nothing is placed too high or suspiciously too low
Cokahot:
Its only on nairalsand and jiji that you see such greedy bastards. I saw one who wants to sell a 19yr old lexus naija used for 1.8m when the same tokunbo of that old car is 1.5m . Greed kills. When a buyer comes with a reasonable amount,they would be doing shakara,become insulting and tell u to go and price tokunbo of the car. Oga stf u. Is this a tokunbi car or a registered car. They will end up selling it at a bigger loss . Here on nairaland, greedy idiots often use the word,like toks,toks standard,3months used story,like say u show us receipt .greedy idiots. Enter car stand and price,no fear,no look anyone face,take your mechanic along.

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Cokahot: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2021
Believe jiji at your own peril. How to know. Just check the feedbacks of the seller or middleman or scammer and secondly any car u find on jiji that jiji doesn't approve its estimated value,be it toks or registered, then the seller must be greedy or a scammer.
ShakeDaRoom:
Personally I find most cars on Jiji affordable. I hear they moderate all ads to ensure nothing is placed too high or suspiciously too low

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2021
Cokahot:
Believe jiji at your own peril. How to know. Just check the feedbacks of the seller or middleman or scammer and secondly any car u find on jiji that jiji doesn't approve its estimated value,be it toks or registered, then the seller must be greedy or a scammer.
there is scam everywhere,even on nairaland too.ive bought 3 cars on jiji ,but ensure due diligence when transacting anywhere.but I know jiji cars are cheaper than nairaland cars
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by adisaaowala: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
greggng:
[s]Is a free world ...talk is free. But the reality will continue to be our front ,..whether we like it or not . The question I have asked several times is...should people stop selling car cos price of cars are now expensive? Just yesterday I was advicing a fellow dealer not to buy a 2005 corolla for 1.7m ...for Nigeria used ...but he told me to keep my advice cos whatever goes up in nigeria doesn't come down ...he paid and the next day someone bought it for 1.850m from him without stress. Finally , he adviced me not to listen to naive people on nairaland who doesn't wanna face reality. That they tend to blame dealers for their miserable state but they forgot that dealers don't steal cars....they buy from end users....where end users have now turn to dealer. ...they wanna sell directly to buyers at higher price, where to you expect a dealer to get a cheap car...My final word to you gullible people who are still living in the past ...is to continue dwelling in the past ...nobody tells a man whose house is on fire to stop chasing rat...insulting dealers will not help your miserable situation. ..just yesterday my car tyre got spoiled and I decided to call the guy that sells used tyre and he shouted when he told me the price for the tyre....I use to buy it 7k from him but now is 12k....so I decided to visit ladipo to know if he is trying to cheat ...I was surprise the price is same ...keep insulting dealers ...very soon you won't be able to buy food stuff to eat at home ...I hope you will be insulting market women when you get to the market ..That is what I call misplaced aggression ....channel your anger to government not your fellow citizens...they didn't cause the inflation or rise in dollar...My information will make sense to real men not people under their parents ...they will soon face reality[/s]

Shut the fúck up, biitch!!!

You wrote all these, yet na you go dey hop from thread to thread, pricing other people's vehicles at ridiculously low values.

Fúck you!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by 9icetoo(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
there is scam everywhere,even on nairaland too.ive bought 3 cars on jiji ,but ensure due diligence when transacting anywhere.but I know jiji cars are cheaper than nairaland cars
Not so true. My cars (advertised on Nairaland) are always cheaper than jiji prices.

Resellers or middle men advertise my cars with eye popping margins on jiji.
Example. I sold a toks 2010 Lexus gx460 around Feb this year. The middlemen (2 of then this time) added 1m to the price I eventually sold the car. 1 whole million. When I saw their adverts on jiji, I just smiled.
Same is happening to other cars I have for sale presently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:46am On Jul 06, 2021
9icetoo:

Not so true. My cars (advertised on Nairaland) are always cheaper than jiji prices.

Resellers or middle men advertise my cars with eye popping margins on jiji.
Example. I sold a toks 2010 Lexus gx460 around Feb this year. The middlemen (2 of then this time) added 1m to the price I eventually sold the car. 1 whole million. When I saw their adverts on jiji, I just smiled.
Same is happening to other cars I have for sale presently.

well maybe to you,but to me jiji cars are cheaper.
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by ShakeDaRoom: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
I agree..generally Jiji cars are cheaper. You are always going to find deals on Jiji because of the wide assortment of cars on Jiji. Some people who advertise their cars dont even know the value of their car
Aaaaarghmed:
well maybe to you,but to me jiji cars are cheaper.

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by VillagePipu: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
I've bought 3 cars from jiji. 2 from owners directly, third from a dealer who imported it as toks.

Buying from jiji is safe and better than Nairaland. Middlemen have spoiled car transactions on Nairaland. Most of them are untrained hustlers who have the orientation of touts. Only few have their senses intact.

2 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by okoroemeka(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2021
Cokahot:
Well my 4th car I must buy from abroad. I will buy,ship and clear myself then gbam,I must AD it on nairaland with at least 50% profit. I regret buying from a dealer,he made cool 400k on my head.
I got an Acura RL in 2015,drove it for 5 years and sold it with #100k on top what I originally paid for the vehicle in 2015,cars are expensive now

4 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by fergieboy: 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
Forget jiji and naira land na greedy dealers

If you need cheap cars join Facebook car group
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2021
fergieboy:
Forget jiji and naira land na greedy dealers

If you need cheap cars join Facebook car group
jiji don help me with good cars .jiji never fail me,if I need car right now na ti enter jiji and I must see car wey fit my budget. Suggest the fb groups make I join

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by fergieboy: 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
jiji don help me with good cars .jiji never fail me,if I need car right now na ti enter jiji and I must see car wey fit my budget. Suggest the fb groups make I join
Jiji they try

Just enter your Facebook search bar enter Nigerian used cars
Group yakpa

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2021
I'm ordering 2 cars straight off from USA by December. That's the way forward, you will save a ton of money!

You all don't know what's happening now, agents have taken over the auto market due to the high rate of unemployment. Sometimes as much as 3 middle men link to a car deal, each adding upto 100k - 1m or more on top the price. We know things are hard but exploiting ourselves will only make things worse.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by eherbal(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
grossintel:
I'm ordering 2 cars straight off from USA by December. That's the way forward, you will save a ton of money!

You all don't know what's happening now, agents have taken over the auto market due to the high rate of unemployment. Sometimes as much as 3 middle men link to a car deal, each adding upto 100k - 1m or more on top the price. We know things are hard but exploiting ourselves will only make things worse.
these are trying times bro.its a jungle out there. Dog eat dog world cool
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by cybertron88: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
If u wan buy car locate d real owner. Tell ppl around u dat u are in search of a car and u LL be surprise u LL get a good deal. Forget all these online middle men many of Dem never even buy Keke b4. They LL put outrageous price so they can get very high markup. Also avoid high demand cars like Corolla Uber and bolt don make dat car cost for no reason. Lexus, Camry Accord are not overpriced going by current exchange rates. If u can order urself abroad better u LL be surprised how much car dealers make.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. / Between 2003 Corolla And 2001 Camry, Which Is A Better Option / Have You Used Milemaster 5w-30 Oil Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.