Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

See How Expensive Cars Are Now - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See How Expensive Cars Are Now (6467 Views)

9 Most Expensive Cars That Were Found Abandoned (PHOTOS) / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / The 7 Most Expensive Cars In The World (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Prettylima(f): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2021
Cokahot:
Well my 4th car I must buy from abroad. I will buy,ship and clear myself then gbam,I must AD it on nairaland with at least 50% profit. I regret buying from a dealer,he made cool 400k on my head.
Bro how can you clear it ur self I don't mind if you can put me through can I send you a dm?
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Cokahot: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
It's easy,pay me 70knid introduce u to an agent at berger. Sure agent,not dagbo(fake)
Prettylima:

Bro how can you clear it ur self I don't mind if you can put me through can I send you a dm?

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by jodeci(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
Buying and shipping is not that cheap either,cost me over 6M to get ordinary 2011(ltd) highlander to my house from copart after all the long wait.

The exchange rate is not helping anyone.

2 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by romityl: 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2021
It true dealers are killing us by the day .I just got a Hyundai Elantra 2007 model for a reasonable price .same cars I see online for millions .I got from the direct owner n the deal is cool I must say ..

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by DanIduh06: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2021
Ofemmanu1:

A certain olodo baba cow don ruin everything.

I wanted to sell my DC for 800 before, now I'm holding on it.

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by dicksonadams(m): 6:48am On Jul 14, 2021
As much as possible avoid buying from dealers

2 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Cokahot: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2021
My next car by God's grace go be from yankee,at least b4 dec
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 14, 2021
jodeci:
Buying and shipping is not that cheap either,cost me over 6M to get ordinary 2011(ltd) highlander to my house from copart after all the long wait.

The exchange rate is not helping anyone.
Lol, you no sabi way na. Some people still get dollar at 330 - 400, don't ask me how biko grin

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by bonnyhope: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
cybertron88:
If u wan buy car locate d real owner. Tell ppl around u dat u are in search of a car and u LL be surprise u LL get a good deal. Forget all these online middle men many of Dem never even buy Keke b4. They LL put outrageous price so they can get very high markup. Also avoid high demand cars like Corolla Uber and bolt don make dat car cost for no reason. Lexus, Camry Accord are not overpriced going by current exchange rates. If u can order urself abroad better u LL be surprised how much car dealers make.

Give us link on how to order from abroad
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by andrew444(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2021
captainking:
I can't imagine Honda baby boy being sold for 900k...

Nigerian used for that matter..

Can car sellers stop being greedy?

E shock me

Only a greedy person and a thief will sell baby boy for 900k and only a fool will purchase it

Cars don cost no mean say make people no get sense

How much is a naija used Honda EOD that someone want to sell a babyboy for 900k?

Very funny

2 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by okoroemeka(m): 5:28am On Jul 15, 2021
andrew444:

Only a greedy person and a thief will sell baby boy for 900k and only a fool will purchase it

Cars don cost no mean say make people no get sense

How much is a naija used Honda EOD that someone want to sell a babyboy for 900k?

Very funny
very funny,we just got a 2007 Honda Accord (DC) in April,leather seats, navigation,ac,no dent,no scratch,mint condition,ac chilling,for 3 months after buying the only work is oil change, transmission oil change and one Tyre change that burst ,price #850k

7 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Konquest: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2021
greggng:
Is a free world ...talk is free. But the reality will continue to be our front ,..whether we like it or not . The question I have asked several times is...should people stop selling car cos price of cars are now expensive? Just yesterday I was advicing a fellow dealer not to buy a 2005 corolla for 1.7m ...for Nigeria used ...but he told me to keep my advice cos whatever goes up in nigeria doesn't come down ...he paid and the next day someone bought it for 1.850m from him without stress. Finally , he adviced me not to listen to naive people on nairaland who doesn't wanna face reality. That they tend to blame dealers for their miserable state but they forgot that dealers don't steal cars....they buy from end users....where end users have now turn to dealer. ...they wanna sell directly to buyers at higher price, where to you expect a dealer to get a cheap car...My final word to you gullible people who are still living in the past ...is to continue dwelling in the past ...nobody tells a man whose house is on fire to stop chasing rat...insulting dealers will not help your miserable situation. ..just yesterday my car tyre got spoiled and I decided to call the guy that sells used tyre and he shouted when he told me the price for the tyre....I use to buy it 7k from him but now is 12k....so I decided to visit ladipo to know if he is trying to cheat ...I was surprise the price is same ...keep insulting dealers ...very soon you won't be able to buy food stuff to eat at home ...I hope you will be insulting market women when you get to the market ..That is what I call misplaced aggression ....channel your anger to government not your fellow citizens...they didn't cause the inflation or rise in dollar...My information will make sense to real men not people under their parents ...they will soon face reality
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by chukel(m): 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
grossintel:
Lol, you no sabi way na. Some people still get dollar at 330 - 400, don't ask me how biko grin
fraudulent money. The day you will be caught, all the profit will be eroded.

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Originalsly: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
For fair pricing people need to consider the current exchange rate ... transport ... customs fees etc. As in someone bought a car 10 years ago .....2005 Camry for N800 000 (USD 4000) ... but today one is asking N1.5M (USD 3000) we're shouting....how can I pay twice the price I paid for the same car I bought 10 years ago?.... does the money have the same value?

2 Likes

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
chukel:
fraudulent money. The day you will be caught, all the profit will be eroded.
How is it fraudulent? you just want me to say something but I won't.
Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by skywalker240(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2021
cybertron88:
If u wan buy car locate d real owner. Tell ppl around u dat u are in search of a car and u LL be surprise u LL get a good deal. Forget all these online middle men many of Dem never even buy Keke b4. They LL put outrageous price so they can get very high markup. Also avoid high demand cars like Corolla Uber and bolt don make dat car cost for no reason. Lexus, Camry Accord are not overpriced going by current exchange rates. If u can order urself abroad better u LL be surprised how much car dealers make.
But when you order from abroad, and when you add custom duty, clearance and all those gbo gbo ye gbo gbo ye, won't the money be almost same figure with what those greedy dealers charge?

For me I think the stupid government policy plays a great part in the problem.

1 Like

Re: See How Expensive Cars Are Now by davessales039(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
skywalker240:

But when you order from abroad, and when you add custom duty, clearance and all those gbo gbo ye gbo gbo ye, won't the money be almost same figure with what those greedy dealers charge?

For me I think the stupid government policy plays a great part in the problem.

True.
It's really a big problem.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does The Seat Belt Reflect The Actual Year A Car Is Made? / Highlander Vs Pilot Vs Murano----advice! Advice ! Advice ! / Have You Used Milemaster 5w-30 Oil Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.