Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? (20234 Views)

“Stop Chasing Money, Go And Marry, Money Will Start Chasing You” — Nigerian Lady / Confused: I Need Your Advice or assistant Pls / A Girl I'm Planning 2 Marry, Is Threaten Me With D Power She Possesed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Fiscus105(m): 11:14am On Jul 05, 2021
Sparkle777:
The only way I will not see it as an insult is when the adviser gives the advisee at least 2million naira. That is for the menfolk. But it will be quite unfair if said to a lady knowing that she can't propose to herself. But if can get me my dream man, who am I to say no.

And when your dream man refuses to become reality? ? I guess you will mould one urself
At least a potter can do whatever she likes with clay!
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2021
JovialJune:

You sound daft, what do you mean by " you go hear am"? Single ladies will die or what?

Before you yap spittle about, note that marriage doesn't define happiness, know this and have sense.
continue

You don old o....keep giving urself false hope
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Cnach: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said I insulted her... please house look into it, is it an insult?

And why do many girls see that statement as an insult?
Whiçh one is y do dey see it as an insult, how is it a complement ? It is every one's right to either marry or stay single and no one should be reminding the other to do that. And the most annoying part is that no one has ever said that with a heart clear of conspiracy.
With all do respect op, is an insult irrespective of the gender.

2 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by HEAVEN4444: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2021
Sparkle777:
The only way I will not see it as an insult is when the adviser gives the advisee at least 2million naira. That is for the menfolk. But it will be quite unfair if said to a lady knowing that she can't propose to herself. But if can get me my dream man, who am I to say no.
and whats your dream man ? tall dark and handsome with range rover and 10 billion naira in akant and a 15 inch gbola

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Here is called Nairaland for a reason not gossipland or Liarsland..

Except if you are saying you are a lesbian
please my sexual orientation is not your business.

leave me alone
Stop harassing me
na by force?
stop sending me pms

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by seyz91(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2021
Abi
Rozcol:
It's not an insult as I would reply you with a perfect answer if I'm the one.It's a choice after all there are people who chose to remain single
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Fiscus105(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2021
JovialJune:

You sound daft, what do you mean by " you go hear am"? Single ladies will die or what?

Before you yap spittle about, note that marriage doesn't define happiness, know this and have sense.

But why insult, it sounds like good advise for nah.
Atimes we need someone to push us before we start moving

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Cnach: 11:17am On Jul 05, 2021
Sparkle777:
U get brain, wait make I make money, if I no marry u make my left nyash bend

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by JovialJune(f): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
continue

You don old o....keep giving urself false hope

You see, there is a special breed of toxin that makes nl boys display low IQ, they believe all females dissing them right back is single, continue

7 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by ImaIma1(f): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
let her ask a man out and maybe propose to a man

Not every lady will go with that option of making the first move.
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by JovialJune(f): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2021
Fiscus105:

But why insult, it sounds like good advise for nah.
Atimes we need someone to push us before we start moving

You don't push people into marriage, it's a very very bad idea, everyone will meet their partner at the right time and at their own pace.

6 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Liposure: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2021
Its not an insult nor an advise. Its just pressure
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by KristaPretty(f): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2021
Fiscus105:

But it would be piling more pressure on you

Never have I been pressured into getting married
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by ddeola: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2021
It's a plea because it started with "Please". grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Babaken(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2021
It depends the angle you view it from.
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Sleekfingers: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said I insulted her... please house look into it, is it an insult?

depends.......but in my opinion, nigerians should learn how to talk or mind their darn business.......most nigerians talk loosely......eg go and marry, go and born...you never born? Getting married is by choice, not compulsory........

5 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Fiscus105(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2021
JovialJune:

You don't push people into marriage, it's a very very bad idea, everyone will meet their partner at the right time and at their own pace.

Yes ma.

It's not only in marriage but every good thing in life, pray against spirit of discouragement in moving forward

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Rubbiish(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
I take it as a joke because I get alot of it from friends

and to make the matter worse my younger brother got married recently cheesy

But for me it's Adadike or nothing kiss
But u are a guy nau
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Cnach: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

Where you wan get time for date when you are busy cancelling comments on NL

grin
I know say u dey attack that girl based on her name..bc I know wetin u fit do
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

People should learn to mind there businesses
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

But u are a guy nau
no
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Kingrefreshed: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Depends on who it's coming from!
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by omanzo02: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2021
Not an insult, It's a subtle Nigerian innuendo of telling someone to get a responsible life!
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Fiscus105(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2021
KristaPretty:

Never have I been pressured into getting married

Seen friends that are getting married is enough to be pressurised

Even me a guy could feel pressure then , how much more ladies (not girl) go to university or poly and see and how final year female students are giving birth / get married.

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Most nairaland males are low grade breed of humans, the way their mind and thought process works is not normal.

4 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by KristaPretty(f): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2021
Fiscus105:

Seen friends that are getting married is enough to be pressurised

Even me a guy could feel pressure then , how much more ladies (not girl) go to university or poly and see and how final year female students are giving birth / get married.

Unfortunately I'm sorry about how you feel when you look at others, this is because you let other people define you and how you should feel. I have been to a university and while in school I had coursemates and friends who got married and had children, this made no difference to me nor did I have a different feeling.

I repeat, I have never been pressured into marriage by anyone or any situation

Best regards.

4 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Kokaine(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

did you put please? Or you just commanded her to go and marry
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2021
JovialJune:

So all married people are responsible? There are no responsible singles?

Don't know about other parts of the world, But in Nigeria..

Every Married Person is seen as Responsible!!
In most Workplaces, Single guys/Ladies are not taken serious because pple see Dem as NOT Responsible!!

Even some Companies/Church Organizations, etc, don't give you a Good Position if you are still single!!..

They assume you Fcvkk around with Girls/Men so they Favour Married pple.. sad

Meanwhile some Married pple are even Worse..Fvckking dier housemaids, sister-in-laws, Drivers, Ex-boyfriends,etc.. undecided

So Dats it!!
According to Nigerian Law, Marriage makes you a Responsible person.. undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Semaj77(m): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

How?

Guys tell each other even scornfully, and no one feels insulted, even girls tell guys "better go and marry" yet they don't feel insulted, but once you tell it to a girl, all hell will be let loose.

Why?

It is wrong to tell anyone to go and marry , is it any body's business , what if they don't want to get married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Delivers A Baby While Selling Herbs In Anambra State - Pictures / Women, Do U Cry On Ur Wedding Day, If U Do Y / 8-Month-Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Hearing For The First Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.