Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,711 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? (20286 Views)

“Stop Chasing Money, Go And Marry, Money Will Start Chasing You” — Nigerian Lady / Confused: I Need Your Advice or assistant Pls / A Girl I'm Planning 2 Marry, Is Threaten Me With D Power She Possesed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by openmine(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

How?

Guys tell each other even scornfully, and no one feels insulted, even girls tell guys "better go and marry" yet they don't feel insulted, but once you tell it to a girl, all hell will be let loose.

Why?
Different strokes for different folks!
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by StrictlyStreet: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2021
Na insult to tell girl to go marry. Na she go marry herself?

6 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Ajonogbahe: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2021
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by chuksoyo21(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2021
It's a plea, advise no be curse...
Though, the tone of the advise tells it all..
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Aladdin1(m): 11:56am On Jul 05, 2021
If its not an insult,then why is go and die an insult? at least all men must die!.

3 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Obarofrederick(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2021
Rozcol:
It's not an insult as I would reply you with a perfect answer if I'm the one.It's a choice after all there are people who chose to remain single
Exactly... Is not by force to marry nau, abi

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Monogamy: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
please my sexual orientation is not your business.

leave me alone
Stop harassing me
na by force?
stop sending me pms

See confusion of the highest order, today you are a lady with bleast, tomorrow you are a guy with dikko..

Abi you are an Aphrodite
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

See confusion of the highest order, today you are a lady with bleast, tomorrow you are a guy with dikko..

Abi you are an Aphrodite
stay away from me

I don't love you
I have a boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Queenserah26(f): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2021
cheesy grin This one deep o

KristaPretty:
If anyone tells me to go and marry like other ladies, I will tell them to go and die as their mates too.

Una goodnight
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Monogamy: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
stay away from me

I don't love you
I have a boyfriend

You haven't filled ordinary a bucket yet you are shouting like this when I have storage tanks waiting to be filled..

Which one are you A guy, A girl or Aphrodite?

Let NL's know today and stop confusing yourself.. You may not even be aware which one you are self
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Babalola0920: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
FahBuLous:
That insult too much abeg

You no serious how he be insult, how about GO AND WORK?
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Babalola0920: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Not an insult
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by correctyourself(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
te author=FalseProphet1 post=103373615]
How?

Guys tell each other even scornfully, and no one feels insulted, even girls tell guys "better go and marry" yet they don't feel insulted, but once you tell it to a girl, all hell will be let loose.

Why?[/quote]

It's wrong to say that to her, infact, you sound very rude.
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2021
I have observed that Nigerians Like to tell you what they think about you in two ways.

First ,the joke; When some people don't want to ruffle your feather,they jokingly tell you how they feel with the hope that you won't see past the facade and when you do, they play the "0ver reacting" card. So when they jokingly tell you to go and marry and you take offense,they play the "I was just joking "card.

Second, the quarrel; There is always the "I said it out of anger " card to be played. So when they tell you go and marry during an altercation, they always fall back to the " I didn't mean it,I was angry" card.

So either way, the insult stays , politely or rudely.

5 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FalseProphet1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2021
pocohantas:

I am more interested in this. What lifestyle is she FORCING herself to live?
She's actually my neighbor, and she brings guys to her own flat to sleep over. That's not actually my problem, my problem is that she's always broke. She borrows money from me unnecessarily, always having one financial emergency or the other.

That's why I told her that, so that at least the marriage will make her responsible.

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
JovialJune:

You see, there is a special breed of toxin that makes nl boys display low IQ, they believe all females dissing them right back is single, continue
but you are single

It's simple psychology
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Sparkle777(f): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
and whats your dream man ? tall dark and handsome with range rover and 10 billion naira in akant and a 15 inch gbola

Yeye man.... islaik beta tin dey purge you. If you get those billions, you no go like am?
My answer is YES.
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by HEAVEN4444: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
Sparkle777:

Yeye man.... islaik beta tin dey purge you. If you get those billions, you no go like am?
My answer is YES.
grin grin grin grin carry go. na you be MVP

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by 1Sharon(f): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
Neptunium:
You don't know her story, you were wrong to make the remark. Was once insensitive like you. I know better after seeing what my younger sis faced at the hands of my fellow men, had to arrange my soldier friend in Nigeria to deal with the last one she dated. She met a great guy finally, got married a year ago at 34.

Your sis doesn't know how to pick men
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by naturefellow(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

How?

Why?
in Nigerian of today, marriage is one of the hallmark in the life of a female, before child-bearing. This is why the appendage "married with kids" is a society success symbol for women.
They are under unbearable pressure from family, friends and society to marry, once they reach reproductive age and probably done with school.

Many single ladies become super-sensitive and find it derogatory to be told to go marry.

It's a different situation for males who are often under less pressure.

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Cousin9999: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2021
She probably has to deal with ignorant family or friends pressuring her to marry and pop out babies. Maybe she just had enough that day.

2 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Cousin9999: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
No it's not, just as "Falseprophet1, go and make money like your mates" by a lady isn't also an insult. grin

lipsrsealed
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by JovialJune(f): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
but you are single

It's simple psychology

But I'm not single

How you can't deduce the simple logic from my previous comment shows you have -0 IQ, Pele.

4 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by cococandy(f): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
You meant it to be an insult. So shut up please

5 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by phemmyfour: 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said I insulted her... please house look into it, is it an insult?

And why do many girls see that statement as an insult?
You did, you don't joke with a lady with the issue of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Benprince25: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Wat's d big deal about marriage self??
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Cele777: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said I insulted her... please house look into it, is it an insult?

GO AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS.
GO AND BUILD YOUR COUNTRY.
GO AND GET CIVILISED.
GO AND STOP INSULTING PEOPLE.
GO AND CHANGE YOUR USELESS CULTURE THAT VICTIMISE WOMEN FOR EVERY THING.
GO AND REMOVE Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Aparche(f): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

She's actually my neighbor, and she brings guys to her own flat to sleep over. That's not actually my problem, my problem is that she's always broke. She borrows money from me unnecessarily, always having one financial emergency or the other.

That's why I told her that, so that at least the marriage will make her responsible.

What has marriage got to do with borrowing money?
Are there not married people that borrow money from single people?

If you don't want to lend her money then tell her plainly that you won't give her...which one is go and marry.

Besides, does she not pay back?

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by stonecoldcafe: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Say you've written JAMB a couple of times but you are
not yet successful. You are still studying and attending lectures and praying to God for a miracle. So one day, after studying you decide to cool off a bit. While watching football inside your own house o, your mother's friend walks in and stares at you while you yell at the TV in excitement. Then she asks some questions about what you are currently doing and after you respond, she tells you quietly, "do and go to university. Your mates are in school while you are watching football!"

Now, how would you feel? Would you feel any better because she didn't yell but spoke quietly?

Any sort of wait, we must handle with sensitivity. Be it marriage, waiting for a job, NYSC or waiting for a baby. Be very careful how you speak of such things to such people "waiting". Don't let them use you and do testimony when their miracle comes. Besides you yourself mocking does not know what lies ahead your path in this journey called life

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

8-Month-Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Hearing For The First Time! / Women, Do U Cry On Ur Wedding Day, If U Do Y / Suspected Cultists Hold Family Hostage In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.