Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? (707 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / My Mom Is A Tribalist / Tribalist Test, Take This Test And Know If You Are A Tribalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2021
See, i have been called a tribalist by many people here, they claim that i am a chief tribalist and practise tribalism, some of them who call me those names are so called progressive and woke in their ideas, they hate racism, hate tribalism, call every one who loves their tribe a tribalist yet they themselves identify as igbo, yoruba but not Nigerians.

They support Nnamdi kanu, Ipob, biafra, sunday Igboho and oduduwa nation, they claim, those people will bring them their desired country where only igbos will live and where only Yorubas will live in harmony faraway from fulani and northern domination, but when i try to be proud of my tribe, they quickly shut me down and then lay the tribalist accusations against me to justify their own progressive and woke idea.

I am a igbo lady, i am a proud yoruba man, they all say, but then i say i am proud of my tribe, the next thing they say is, you are a tribalist, Nigeria will never progress because of tribalism or tribalist like you, yet they support biafra, oduduwa nation, blame Northerners for every bad thing in Nigeria, call Northerners all disgusting names in their books, they identify as a proud ibo or yoruba boy or girl, tell people how sweet the yoruba and igbo languages are but then get angry if someone speaks only Hausa, but then they have the gut to call me a tribalist.

This is the hypocrisy of so called woke and progressive people and those that want to live in a free world free of racism and tribalism, their surnames already exposes them of the tribe they belong, they are proud of their identity, support any group who fights for their tribe but then call you a tribalist and cry tribalism when you do similar thing.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by theFilmtric: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2021
To survive as an ethnic group in Nigeria especially

You must have Some tribalism in you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 05, 2021
This abokey op is always creating stupid threads

I don't blame him though, this is the only place he can sharpen the quota education he got from University of Maiduguri

When he leaves Nairaland his brain would start to rust since he is surrounded by almajiris

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by nero2face: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2021
Funny post, my dear b4 Nigeria as a country we all already had where we came from, Nigeria is just an amalgamation of different tribes, that won't make us deny our origin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Joromi1: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2021
If you're not a tribal jingoist, why support evil done by Fulanis?
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by awujale231: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2021
So it has gotten to point where you have to deny your heritage to become a Nigerian or a UAR or whatever name the British comes up with ?
Hehehehe Chai u are getting worse by the day

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Kubernetes: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2021
Naija is better off if united.
Population is an advantage if corruption is very low.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:
If you're not a tribal jingoist, why support evil done by Fulanis?

If you are not a tribal jingoist, why blame fulanis for every problem in Nigeria?
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
nero2face:
Funny post, my dear b4 Nigeria as a country we all already had where we came from, Nigeria is just an amalgamation of different tribes, that won't make us deny our origin

You are correct, Nigeria is the amalgamation of different tribes, since Nigerians know that, then why are they quick to call you a tribalist when you support your own tribe.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If you are not a tribal jingoist, why blame fulanis for every problem in Nigeria?
But fulanis are the ones chasing people from their farms, killing them, kidnapping on highway, causing food shortage, driving our foreign investors

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Joromi1: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I condemn evil carried out from all corners irrespective of tribe and region. But you have never for once condemned the excesses of Miyetti Allah and Fulani herdsmen. Hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2021
theFilmtric:
To survive as an ethnic group in Nigeria especially

You must have Some tribalism in you

Exactly, you cant claim you are free of tribalism and then support igboland for only igbos, yorubaland for only yorubas.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

I condemn evil carried out from all corners irrespective of tribe and region. But you have never for once condemned the excesses of Miyetti Allah and Fulani herdsmen. Hypocrite.

I have never seen you condemn the evil of your tribesmen. Never, everything is about fulani herdmen and chasing them away yet you claim you are not tribalist.

Furst and foremost, if you claim you are not tribalist, why then do you see fulanis as fulanis rather than Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by notym2chektym: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

Him and his likes has never and will never.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by notym2chektym: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have never seen you condemn the evil of your tribesmen. Never, everything is about fulani herdmen and chasing them away yet you claim you are not tribalist.

Furst and foremost, if you claim you are not tribalist, why then do you see fulanis as fulanis rather than Nigerians?
Fulanis are not Nigerians, they are migrants that's why.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2021
grin...... We are only NON - TRIBALISTIC when it comes to corruption

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2021
notym2chektym:

Fulanis are not Nigerians, they are migrants that's why.

So are yorubas Nigerians?
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Joromi1: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Are Fulanis Nigerians? Tell yourself the truth.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by liketerm: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2021
The truth is, We Nigerians Dont like our self. We only unite to achieve a common goal.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

Are Fulanis Nigerians? Tell yourself the truth.

Are yorubas Nigerians? Be sincere

Why are you asking about if a certain group are Nigerians, it shows your hate towards them thus making you a tribalist.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Joromi1: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Are yorubas Nigerians? Be sincere

Why are you asking about if a certain group are Nigerians, it shows your hate towards them thus making you a tribalist.

Find your answer attached.

Answer mine. Are Fulanis Nigerians?

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2021
Mikecold:
This abokey op is always creating stupid threads

I don't blame him though, this is the only place he can sharpen the quota education he got from University of Maiduguri

When he leaves Nairaland his brain would start to rust since he is surrounded by almajiris
Is it not better to be surrounded by almajiri than cultists or ritualists?
Your women make up the highest percentage of black Prostitutes in EU, are selling sex in war ravaged Libya, Mali, Niger Republic, Côte Di' Voir and all nooks and crannies of Nigeria, they do human trafficking, they do baby factory, have outrageous and alarming number of HIV victims in Nigeria but all u see is almajiri?
Pls give more priority to the worst moral indiscipline, social vices and other dangerous antecedents around you than always saying trash abt almajiri.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Idiko1: 9:21am On Jul 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
See, i have been called a tribalist by many people here, they claim that i am a chief tribalist and practise tribalism, some of them who call me those names are so called progressive and woke in their ideas, they hate racism, call every one who loves their tribe a tribalist yet they themselves identify as igbo, yoruba but not Nigerians.

They support Nnamdi kanu, Ipob, biafra, sunday Igboho and oduduwa nation, they claim, those people will bring them their desired country where only igbos will live and where only Yorubas will live in harmony faraway from fulani and northern domination, but when i try to be proud of my tribe, they quickly shut me down and then lay the tribalist accusations against me to justify their own progressive and woke idea.

I am a igbo lady, i am a proud yoruba man, but then i say i am proud of my tribe, the next thing, you are a tribalist, Nigeria will never progress because of tribalism, yet you support biafra, oduduwa nation, blame Northerners for every bad thing in Nigeria, call Northerners all disgusting names in your book, identify as a proud ibo or yoruba boy or girl, tell people how sweet the yoruba and igbo languages are, get angry if someone speaks only Hausa, then you have the gut to call me a tribalist.

This is the hypocrisy of so called woke and progressive people, those that want to live in a free world, their surnames already exposes them of the tribe they belong, they are proud of their identity, support any group who fights for their tribe but then call you a tribalist and cry tribalism when you do similar thing.

The above junk proves one thing which is you are not smart. Biafra is\was not about "Fulani and northern domination" instead the need to remove a clog in the wheel of progress of Ndigbo and Biafrans. When Biafra started it was a matter of one section of the country very slow and primitive while the other was on the crossroad of advancement. Nigeria is a heap of rubbish on the progressive driveway of Igbo nation or Biafra.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Redhot111(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2021
Just imagine another mumu talk. When one some from ibo needs to indentify with we're he is from, he should claim kanuri simply because your sense is paining you about?
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2021
Idiko1:

The above junk proves one thing which is you are not smart. Biafra is\was not about "Fulani and northern domination" instead the need to remove a clog in the wheel of progress of Ndigbo and Biafrans. When Biafra started it was a matter of one section of the country very slow and primitive while the other was on the crossroad of advancement. Nigeria is a heap of rubbish on the progressive driveway of Igbo nation or Biafra.

In other words, biafra for igbos alone.

The igbos needed to leave the "primitive" tribes that is why they wanted biafra.

You claim i am not smart but then went on to agree with my point that you are a igbo and a tribalist.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2021
Coronabirus:

Is it not better to be surrounded by almajiri than cultists or ritualists?
Your women make up the highest percentage of black Prostitutes in EU, are selling sex in war ravaged Libya, Mali, Niger Republic, Côte Di' Voir and all nooks and crannies of Nigeria, they do human trafficking, they do baby factory, have outrageous and alarming number of HIV victims in Nigeria but all u see is almajiri?
Pls give more priority to the worst moral indiscipline, social vices and other dangerous antecedents around you than always saying trash abt almajiri.
what cultists and ritualists can be worse than Iswap, Boko Haram, bandits, Fulani Terrorists currently designated all over the world

They kill more than cultists whose clash occur once in a blue moon (cultists kill themselves not others)

Fulani terrorists butcher parts in ways even ritualists can't, yet these set of demons make up more than 80% of Northerners who are either actively involved or involved by sympathy.

What is the difference between small proportion of human trafficking which is done in hiding to the peadophile lifestyle of Northerners done in the open, is illegal trafficking of kids and sexual harrasment disguised as marriage not your culture?

Yet you accuse adults who choose prostitution that is legalized in Europe while you traffick girl children and abuse them sexually and illegally at home

Need i remind you that the northerns in the boarders with Niger are heavily involved in this trafficking, and sex sales which you talking of

Last time I checked Northerners have the highest cases of HIV cases in Nigeria just like they occupy the polio and malaria list cum every list of aides coming from overseas

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 05, 2021
Joromi1:

Find your answer attached.

Answer mine. Are Fulanis Nigerians?

So what you posted below is a proof that yorubas are Nigerians.
Re: If You Are Not A Tribalist, Then, Why Do You Call Yourself Igbo Or Yoruba? by r4bbit: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2021
Kubernetes:
Naija is better off if united.
Population is an advantage if corruption is very low.
Yes... But corruption is not low in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electronic Transmssion Of Results Does Not Require INTERNET Connection.. / This Is The Famous Calabar-itu Highway / Why Is IPOB Afraid Of Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.