Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked (49522 Views)

The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? / GB Whatsapp Ban / DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2021
IranianSea:

Maybe! But mind you when I say I have something to hide doesn't mean evil, hurt or cheat on my wife. It means there are messages you won't wanna reply it; like cousin or anyone disturbing you for money and you can't say no and he or she keep monitoring you. You can hide your online status, doing something else ana he won't know you're online and so many more. Having things to hide doesn't mean evil, a yahoo, hacker and co. So you get it
I get it. It's good you clarified,even though I wasn't taking "hide" to mean evil.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Chibuking1402(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
Lit2:
Shey they have tried it b4 nd e no work..... Gbwhatsapp wer i dn dy use since 4 years ago...... I no fit use normal whatsapp
Where do I download it? Since it's not on Google play store
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Tccomms: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2021
1x2x3:

What did you smoke bro?

LMAO
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Darkmode64: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
Dahunsipaul:

Why would he implement Gb WhatsApp features? Why exactly
Is the reason not obvious enough? The former supports high-level customization and the latter doesn't. Unless there are security concerns from implementing all this on WhatsApp, then I'll understand.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by chatinent: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2021
TheGift:
“GB WhatsApp comes to mind” ? The title and entire post was about GB WhatsApp

It wasn't when I made this post.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Dahunsipaul(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2021
Darkmode64:

Is the reason not obvious enough? The former supports high-level customization and the latter doesn't. Unless there are security concerns from implementing all this on WhatsApp, then I'll understand.

That’s stealing ideas, and also also why WhatsApp is WhatsApp and not gbwhatsapp, once it has all these things then it’s not WhatsApp again. Why does gbwhatsapp just crash anyhow sometimes, you’ll just lose Messages anyhow

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Darkmode64: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
Dahunsipaul:

That’s stealing ideas, and also also why WhatsApp is WhatsApp and not gbwhatsapp, once it has all these things then it’s not WhatsApp again. Why does gbwhatsapp just crash anyhow sometimes, you’ll just lose Messages anyhow
I share your sentiments. You have a point.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by ademola964(m): 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
Dahunsipaul:

How did you do it? I use Xsmax
Dm lemme explain to you
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Dahunsipaul(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2021
ademola964:

Dm lemme explain to you
Thank you boss, I’ll message you
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by MansoryMX(m): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
chatbot1234isba:

lmao, says who ? people use it on ios, there is a way they tweak their mobile phone.

Not Twerk, it’s called Jail breaking. The moment you do that to an iPhone, that phone is prone to virus and no longer protected by Apple.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Stop wishing you can root your iPhone, go and buy android. Abi you done see where person buy GLE, come turn am to Corolla?

This is ignorance,lol. An iPhone can be jailbreaked. Jailbreak is the equivalent of rooting on Android.

I usually jailbreak any iPhone I use,by doing so I can install tweaks that allow me save pictures/videos and do all those other stuffs GB WhatsApp users do on my WhatsApp (on iPhone). There are countless other things you can do if you jailbreak your phone tho i.e changing of fonts.

There's always a loophole to everything! Everything has a weakness,lol.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nyne:
Oshey law abider . . I use an iPhone but I wish it can be rooted like Androids. .

It can be jailbreaked (rooted).
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by pocohantas(f): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
Plead:

This is ignorance,lol. An iPhone can be jailbreaked. Jailbreak is the equivalent of rooting on Android.

I usually jailbreak any iPhone I use,by doing so I can install tweaks that allow me save pictures/videos and do all those other stuffs GB WhatsApp users do on my WhatsApp (on iPhone). There are countless other things you can do if you jailbreak your phone tho i.e changing of fonts.

There's always a loophole to everything! Everything has a weakness,lol.

Which iPhone? iPhone 6 in 2020? Because I don’t see how any mature human will buy an iPhone 12 and go jailbreaking it. For what exactly? For fonts and wallpaper? Are you in secondary school?
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nyne: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
Really? Let’s talk better smiley

Plead:

It can be jailbreaked (rooted).
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Which iPhone? iPhone 6 in 2020? Because I don’t see how any mature human will buy an iPhone 12 and go jailbreaking it. For what exactly? For fonts and wallpaper? Are you in secondary school?

What?
Any iPhone can be jailbreaked. Jailbreaking goes beyond fonts and wallpaper, I'll reiterate that there are countless things you can do if you jailbreak your iPhone.
A jailbroken iPhone is almost limitless in terms of what it can do!
You don't seem to be a techy person so you likely won't understand.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nyne:
Really? Let’s talk better smiley

Yes. Which iOS version are you on?
Btw,I hope you have a system? Any can do but Mac is preferable and less stressful.
Prior to 2020 you could jailbreak your phone without needing a system but now without a system you can't jailbreak.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by pocohantas(f): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2021
Plead:

What?
Any iPhone can be jailbreaked. Jailbreaking goes beyond fonts and wallpaper, I'll reiterate that there are countless things you can do if you jailbreak your iPhone.
A jailbroken iPhone is almost limitless in terms of what it can do!
You don't seem to be a techy person so you likely won't understand.

Most tech people I know do not jailbreak their iPhones. They have their iPhones and MacBooks, then they have Samsung and Hp on the side. Some do not even use Apple products, I know a few on that table. I don’t know any tech person that would spend a lot to buy a current Apple device only to jailbreak it.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Most tech people I know do not jailbreak their iPhones. They have their iPhones and MacBooks, then they have Samsung and Hp on the side. Some do not even use Apple products, I know a few on that table. I don’t know any tech person that would spend a lot to buy a current Apple device only to jailbreak it.

Different people, different priorities.
There's nothing wrong with jailbreaking,I don't know about others but I do it for fun.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nyne: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2021
Let’s talk on WhatsApp bro. +17153520652

Plead:

Yes. Which iOS version are you on?
Btw,I hope you have a system? Any can do but Mac is preferable and less stressful.
Prior to 2020 you could jailbreak your phone without needing a system but now without a system you can't jailbreak.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nyne:
Let’s talk on WhatsApp bro. +17153520652

That's not necessary. You can get any information and help you need as regards jailbreaking on YouTube/Google.

Jailbreaking is very easy,it doesn't take more than 30mins max.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2021
For example. If you're on iOS 14, search for "iOS 14 jailbreak or How to jailbreak iOS 14" on YouTube/Google.

@Nyne

If you're done mention me so that I can give you names of repos where you can get cool tweaks from.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Okortor: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
It's broda... God will help us. But it's really a difficult time for all.
Abudu2000:
my bro as in ehh the country is super difficult now. I have stopped visiting a bar twice coz those waiters and begging. I really don't blame them, if i can leave home with 10k and come back with nothing how much more those earning peanuts.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Lit2: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2021
Chibuking1402:

Where do I download it? Since it's not on Google play store

Goggle it
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2021
JoeEeL:

Just seeing this. Unfortunately, I will be busy until Friday. I'll teach u on friday. Take care for now.
Boss how far now
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Thunday1005(m): 10:54am On Jul 09, 2021
Wahala for who dey use Gbwhatsapp, I can view people status without the person knowing on normal whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by JoeEeL(m): 6:04am On Jul 10, 2021
Classickj:

Boss how far now

Im sorry for the delay. Was quite busy. This is how you go about it. First it depends on the kind of modded Whatsapp you're using.

There are usually 2 types: FMWhatsapp or GBWhatsapp. But there's another 3rd type which is actually Whatsapp. Yes, sometimes modded Whatsapp comes with that name, just dont confuse it with your original Whatsapp if you have any. Otherwise, your phone will save it as "Whatsapp(2)". (This is rare anyway, so we'll assume its not in your case, thus we move on).

STEP 1: IDENTIFY THE FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE

Like I earlier said, check for either FMWhatsapp or GBWhatsapp by going to your File folder (on Android). In very rare events, it may be Whatsapp but I doubt. (If that is your case, confirm its not your original Whatsapp by clicking into the folder and checking for recent images or voicenotes)

Attached is a snapshot of my own. I use GBWhatsapp. (Found in My Files -> Internal Storage). If yours is stored in a memory card, you'll probably find it in something like My Files -> SD Card

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by JoeEeL(m): 6:30am On Jul 10, 2021
Classickj:

Boss how far now

STEP 2: INSTALLING YOUR NEW GBWHATSAPP / FMWHATSAPP

This is where it gets tricky. When installing your new Modded Whatsapp, the new one automatically creates a new folder, and then your phone renames your former Whatsapp folder to something like Whatsapp(202202912).

TAKE NOTE: THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO COS THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE GET IT WRONG!

When installing your new whatsapp, first click the button that says "Copy Whatsapp Data". Click it. But mind you, it does nothing.

You see that point where it will say you should enter your phone number for validation, once you enter your digits, leave Whatsapp and go back to your File Manager. Check the list. You will have 2 Whatsapp. The new one will be named "GBWhatsapp" and the old one will be something like "GBWhatsapp(202109018). Now delete the new one "GBWhatsapp", and rename the old one from "GBWhatsapp(20210918)" simply to "GBWhatsapp".

But if you only see 1 Whatsapp, no problem. Just go back to your Whatsapp, and complete the next stage (usually where Whatsapp requests access to your Contacts). Then go back again to your File Manager and look for 2 Whatsapp folder and do what I told you. If you do not still see it, go back to your Whatsapp and complete the next stage then go back and check. But usually its either when you put in your number or Allow access to your contacts that the new Whatsapp folder is created in your File manager.

Hopefully you find the 2 Whatsapp folders, then you delete the new one and rename the old one to simply GBWhatsapp. One thing to take note is that if your former whatsapp is GBWhatsapp, and you're installing FMWhatsapp, you will change the folder name to FMWhatsapp. But dont stop there. You'll have to access all your "Media" and change them from "GBWhatsapp Animated Gif" to "FMWhatsapp Animated Gif", "GBWhatsapp Audio" to "FMWhatsapp Audio", "GBWhatsapp Images" to "FMWhatsapp Images"... and on and on.

That will preserve all your profile photos, audio, images etc. If you don't do that. It's only your chat backup you'll get. All images / videos/ voicenotes wont appear.

So thats it. If successful, Whatsapp will tell you backup has been found as the image attached below.

If you still have problems later, let me know.

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 7:40am On Jul 10, 2021
JoeEeL:

STEP 2: INSTALLING YOUR NEW GBWHATSAPP / FMWHATSAPP

This is where it gets tricky. When installing your new Modded Whatsapp, the new one automatically creates a new folder, and then your phone renames your former Whatsapp folder to something like Whatsapp(202202912).

TAKE NOTE: THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO COS THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE GET IT WRONG!

When installing your new whatsapp, first click the button that says "Copy Whatsapp Data". Click it. But mind you, it does nothing.

You see that point where it will say you should enter your phone number for validation, once you enter your digits, leave Whatsapp and go back to your File Manager. Check the list. You will have 2 Whatsapp. The new one will be named "GBWhatsapp" and the old one will be something like "GBWhatsapp(202109018). Now delete the new one "GBWhatsapp", and rename the old one from "GBWhatsapp(20210918)" simply to "GBWhatsapp".

But if you only see 1 Whatsapp, no problem. Just go back to your Whatsapp, and complete the next stage (usually where Whatsapp requests access to your Contacts). Then go back again to your File Manager and look for 2 Whatsapp folder and do what I told you. If you do not still see it, go back to your Whatsapp and complete the next stage then go back and check. But usually its either when you put in your number or Allow access to your contacts that the new Whatsapp folder is created in your File manager.

Hopefully you find the 2 Whatsapp folders, then you delete the new one and rename the old one to simply GBWhatsapp. One thing to take note is that if your former whatsapp is GBWhatsapp, and you're installing FMWhatsapp, you will change the folder name to FMWhatsapp. But dont stop there. You'll have to access all your "Media" and change them from "GBWhatsapp Animated Gif" to "FMWhatsapp Animated Gif", "GBWhatsapp Audio" to "FMWhatsapp Audio", "GBWhatsapp Images" to "FMWhatsapp Images"... and on and on.

That will preserve all your profile photos, audio, images etc. If you don't do that. It's only your chat backup you'll get. All images / videos/ voicenotes wont appear.

So thats it. If successful, Whatsapp will tell you backup has been found as the image attached below.

If you still have problems later, let me know.
Thanks
Will carefully read it

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by garyjohnson1: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
I would like to say that if you are having an issue in using GBWhatsApp then i think you have to download this FMWhatsApp.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by dusting79: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
garyjohnson1:
I would like to say that if you are having an issue in using GBWhatsApp then i think you have to download this FMWhatsApp.
Once I also have a issue with GBWhatsApp and I downloaded this FMWhatsApp which is really amazing rather then GBWhatsApp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces Awoof Bundles But It's Sim Selective / What Network Has The Best Call Tariff As At Today? / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.