Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked (49496 Views)

The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? / GB Whatsapp Ban / DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by tunize(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
Dahunsipaul:
Does anyone know if there’s any gb WhatsApp for iPhones?
E nor dey i don find tire the one i saw the process was hell with a tweak and still didnt work

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Tccomms: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
Those asking for GB Whatsapp on IOS devices, my advice for you it to simply go get your self a simple android device.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by gudnex22(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
Shellsploit:

Backup ur chats manually

Don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Jeffy1206(m): 9:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
blizard44:
I downloaded it days ago.
At first, it was working really good.
I was invincible and all that.
I could view your status and it would be up to me to let you know or not.
You will delete message and I will still be seeing it fine and clear .

All of a sudden, I no come dey see message again. (Mark don nak my account 2x2 I guess ).

My status will remain unseen after many hours.

Pissed off, I reinstalled the real WhatsApp and messages came flooding in.
you over tweak ur settings na tongue
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Goldbw122(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Well GB whatsapp should provide another service and account for them self so that the people that like and want to use GB whatsapp can follow suit, you know they are capable enough to get their own account, like change their name..

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Tccomms: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
I read through this thread and laughed. So many ignorant people on this thread.
Mark bought Whatsapp which was initially not free from the original creators and gave it to us for free and yet we still complain. Whatsapp isn't genrating any source or tangible revenue and they are still trying and giving us top notch features but we are still complaining. GB Whatsapp, FM Whatsapp and it's likes, are all MODED form of Original Whatsapp meaning some group of people modified the original WhatsApp and added their own features. You all saying Mark should leave them alone are forgetting that GB Whatsapp is the modified form of the original Whatsapp. Also this modified form breaks some rules and causes harm to Whatsapp servers because this mod Whatsapp can do stuffs like sending much pictures at once and this something that the normal Whatsapp isn't allowed to do. If you say Mark is jealous of GB Whatsapp then something is wrong with you because afterall GB Whatsapp is still Whatsapp.
Well anyways I rest my case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by grafixdon: 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
FarahAideed:
Why can't GB just become its own messaging app, they already have millions of loyalist

Your brain is sharp

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
etokhana:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/whatsapp-warning-over-new-app-24460853.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Lucky Dube onces said "Police don't need competition in Stealing. "Mark Zuckerberg doesn't want competition, he wants to steal alone, eat alone and die alone. Goodluck to him!

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Stevosty: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
[quote author=Shellsploit post=103402134][/quote] What version is this? Mine doesn't look like this.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by GeneralPula: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
FarahAideed:
Why can't GB just become its own messaging app, they already have millions of loyalist

Mark of Facebook will kill it..

He has numbers on his side..

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
FarahAideed:
The codes in the app are pure whatsapp codes,while few things /features were added unto it that is why you don't see it in Playstore.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Shellsploit: 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Stevosty:
What version is this? Mine doesn't look like this.
latest version...

Fmwhatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
IranianSea:

When you try it, you will never let go. I'm using it and I can do just anything. You can't block me, you can't stop me from seen your statu. The features are too many.
despite all that ,I still have not seen any need to download it. I just don't know why .
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Pearlqueen(f): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
Shellsploit:

Its Satisfy font
I couldn't find Satisfy among my font styles but I saw courgette
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by GeneralPula: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
Wittyduchess:
Seems I am the only one that has never seen the need to use gb or any other version of WhatsApp. undecided

Not only you bro..

I’m just getting to hear it for the first time..
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Shellsploit: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
Pearlqueen:
I couldn't find Satisfy among my font styles but I saw courgette

Fmwhatsapp and GbWhatsApp have the Satisfy font.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by bellotaofeek: 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
Will just tell Mayeti Allah to report you to their Superior(Bubu) na to chop blocking again . Me dey enjoy Gbwhatsappp o.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
GeneralPula:

Not only you bro..

I’m just getting to hear it for the first time..
I have heard of it, even had the offer to install it on my phone. Just didn't see the need.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by uniqueren(f): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
Can someone help me with this

I keep getting this messages it's driving me insane. Come every blessed day and with different numbers.

Any idea how to stop it?

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by GeneralPula: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
Afriqan:
They're already banning people from IG and Facebook because of GB Whatsapp and other flimsy reasons like picture download etc. It has been happening for years but they won't tell you why.

I think Mark Zuckerberg is just apprehensive. This is why app developers must stop selling their apps to industry giants cos once they have control, they can stop anyone from using the service even when you don't use it for any illegal purpose. Mark himself has been accused of selling people's data and was summoned by the US government, so all this is just pure nonsense.

Take a look at Microsoft, despite being the most pirated OS, they still allow people to use it knowing it would serve a greater good. That didn't kill Microsoft, even made it more popular and preferred globally, but Mark is greedy.

That’s a different case bro..

Pirated OS is still under Microsoft, GB WhatsApp isn’t under Mark..

Mark is just doing what any business man would do. He’s protecting his business..

Nike did it recently to a show brand, claiming they’re using human blood bla bla bla which isn’t true..

Competition kills business..
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Pearlqueen(f): 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
Shellsploit:

Fmwhatsapp and GbWhatsApp have the Satisfy font.
Where will I see it?
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by highness25(m): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by cedricksly: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2021
Keizzmann:

My thoughts exactly. Why choose to be so lazy that you take other people's success and claim to extend i5 when the app is not open source software.

I pity the population that uses the app without knowing who they're dealing with, losing their privacy for so called extended features.
even with original WhatsApp, ur privacy is still not guaranteed... Do you know how many times the us government has flagged mark the owner for selling users information?? Both Facebook, and Instagram.. So WhatsApp isn't different... So just rest

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by notoriousbabe: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
See as everybody dey improve, nairaland just remain there like stagnant water since 1850 it started . Na only its ban button improved!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by OBIPLUS(m): 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2021
Okay oooo
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
GeneralPula:

That’s a different case bro..

Pirated OS is still under Microsoft, GB WhatsApp isn’t under Mark..

Mark is just doing what any business man would do. He’s protecting his business..

Nike did it recently to a show brand, claiming they’re using human blood bla bla bla which isn’t true..

Competition kills business..

I know, but they don't need to ban people from their platform. Why not go after the software pirates if the law doesn't support it?

There are many people who do not know about FB's T&Cs and would install GB whatsapp anyways, so eventually when they ban people from their apps what happens? People will look for alternatives like telegram and stick to it and the worst will happen to their almighty softwares; they'll become obsolete.

Some people are already waiting for an app like instagram so they can port.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Offpoint1: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Afriqan:
They're already banning people from IG and Facebook because of GB Whatsapp and other flimsy reasons like picture download etc. It has been happening for years but they won't tell you why.

I think Mark Zuckerberg is just apprehensive. This is why app developers must stop selling their apps to industry giants cos once they have control, they can stop anyone from using the service even when you don't use it for any illegal purpose. Mark himself has been accused of selling people's data and was summoned by the US government, so all this is just pure nonsense.

Take a look at Microsoft, despite being the most pirated OS, they still allow people to use it knowing it would serve a greater good. That didn't kill Microsoft, even made it more popular and preferred globally, but Mark is greedy.
That Mark of a guy na sadist... I made 30 seconds birthday video for a friend with a birthday song as the background. Mark deleted the video with warming of ban, claimed I had no license to use the song... Like WTF! as if I was using it for monetary purposes.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Shellsploit: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Pearlqueen:
Where will I see it?

On your fmwhatsapp homescreen, Click the dots on the right hand corner of the app then select foudmouds, then settings page will be displayed. scroll down and select universal, then you will see Styles "looks and feel"

Click on it and and you will see font style...
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by 1x2x3: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
Tccomms:
I read through this thread and laughed. So many ignorant people on this thread.
Mark bought Whatsapp which was initially not free from the original creators and gave it to us for free and yet we still complain. Whatsapp isn't genrating any source or tangible revenue and they are still trying and giving us top notch features but we are still complaining. GB Whatsapp, FM Whatsapp and it's likes, are all MODED form of Original Whatsapp meaning some group of people modified the original WhatsApp and added their own features. You all saying Mark should leave them alone are forgetting that GB Whatsapp is the modified form of the original Whatsapp. Also this modified form breaks some rules and causes harm to Whatsapp servers because this mod Whatsapp can do stuffs like sending much pictures at once and this something that the normal Whatsapp isn't allowed to do. If you say Mark is jealous of GB Whatsapp then something is wrong with you because afterall GB Whatsapp is still Whatsapp.
Well anyways I rest my case

What did you smoke bro?

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by oodua1stson: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
FarahAideed:
the only problem is that their messaging app won't be able to send message to WhatsApp and they will lose millions of users. Also the code they worked on already belonged to WhatsApp

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces Awoof Bundles But It's Sim Selective / What Network Has The Best Call Tariff As At Today? / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.