Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked (49542 Views)

The Last Person You Blocked, What Did They Do ? / GB Whatsapp Ban / DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by gregyboy(m): 7:00am On Jul 06, 2021
Still using my gb

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by yenereal(m): 7:06am On Jul 06, 2021
blizard44:
I downloaded it days ago.
At first, it was working really good.
I was invincible and all that.
I could view your status and it would be up to me to let you know or not.
You will delete message and I will still be seeing it fine and clear .

All of a sudden, I no come dey see message again. (Mark don nak my account 2x2 I guess ).

My status will remain unseen after many hours.

Pissed off, I reinstalled the real WhatsApp and messages came flooding in.

You must have enabled "hide second tick" and was warned that your messages might arrived late. When you do so, your message(s) won't arrive early. I don't enable the option. I only enable "hide blue tick".
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by chelsea1116(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2021
OnyeOlokoro:
gimme download link
Am using gb but whatsapp plus was once my love
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qnppeae20yazuvu/WhatsApp_Plus_v12.apk/file
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Bunmhi(f): 7:19am On Jul 06, 2021
I don't really like that GB WhatsApp. I'm using the normal WhatsApp
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2021
IranianSea:

Well, if you have nothing to hide, you really don't need to download. Official app is ok for u
So that means I was right, only people who have something to hide have the app. undecided
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 8:00am On Jul 06, 2021
Shellsploit:

Backup ur chats manually
so if I want to use new phone how do I restore my old messages
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2021
owowa145:

Been using it for close to 3years straight and I'm so good bro
on one phone or different phones
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 8:15am On Jul 06, 2021
JoeEeL:

I can teach you how to do it. There is a technique for backing up chats. I have all my gbwhatsapp chat since 2018 June intact.

And all the time, I have switched from gbwhatsapp to fmwhatsapp to whatsapp plus to original whatsapp.

The technique is simple
I need your help with this
Using aero watapp but I want to switch to GB watapp
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by IranianSea: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2021
Wittyduchess:
So that means I was right, only people who have something to hide have the app. undecided
Maybe! But mind you when I say I have something to hide doesn't mean evil, hurt or cheat on my wife. It means there are messages you won't wanna reply it; like cousin or anyone disturbing you for money and you can't say no and he or she keep monitoring you. You can hide your online status, doing something else ana he won't know you're online and so many more. Having things to hide doesn't mean evil, a yahoo, hacker and co. So you get it
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 8:25am On Jul 06, 2021
flex04:

I have been using it tho and I have my way of backing up to google drive

Baba show me the way now cry embarassed
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2021
flex04:

Aswear...to make sure mark zuckerberg is pained...I still back up to google drive
Baba I need your help with this
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Godwin25king: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2021
GB whatsapp has nice features tho..when i use it then I can upload 7mins video on my status not this nonsense 30seconds s***
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by MizMyColi(f): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2021
Afriqan:
They're already banning people from IG and Facebook because of GB Whatsapp and other flimsy reasons like picture download etc. It has been happening for years but they won't tell you why.

I think Mark Zuckerberg is just apprehensive. This is why app developers must stop selling their apps to industry giants cos once they have control, they can stop anyone from using the service even when you don't use it for any illegal purpose. Mark himself has been accused of selling people's data and was summoned by the US government, so all this is just pure nonsense.

Take a look at Microsoft, despite being the most pirated OS, they still allow people to use it knowing it would serve a greater good. That didn't kill Microsoft, even made it more popular and preferred globally, so I think Mark is just being greedy.

The point here is GB WhatsApp infringes privacy.

If I have set my status such that I won't know who has seen it and they won't know if I've seen theirs, why should GB WhatsApp users have that advantage?

If I sent a message and deleted it for everyone, why should the receiver see said message, regardless?

That's cheating and goes against everything equity stands for.

GB WhatsApp is a leech, reaping where they have not sown.

They should get their own apps and promote such features. Most of you supporting them now will run away.

You want to infringe on other people's privacy but remain in full control of yours. That's the whole premise GB WhatsApp is built on.

Thieves.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by MizMyColi(f): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2021
Afriqan:
They're already banning people from IG and Facebook because of GB Whatsapp and other flimsy reasons like picture download etc. It has been happening for years but they won't tell you why.

I think Mark Zuckerberg is just apprehensive. This is why app developers must stop selling their apps to industry giants cos once they have control, they can stop anyone from using the service even when you don't use it for any illegal purpose. Mark himself has been accused of selling people's data and was summoned by the US government, so all this is just pure nonsense.

Take a look at Microsoft, despite being the most pirated OS, they still allow people to use it knowing it would serve a greater good. That didn't kill Microsoft, even made it more popular and preferred globally, so I think Mark is just being greedy.

Oh, and stop comparing Microsoft to GB WhatsApp.

It's a watery analogy.

Microsoft pirates copy the original so you can use Windows like every other person. Such pirated apps do not give you permissions to see stuff other Microsoft users don't want you to see, or do they?
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2021
MizMyColi:

Oh, and stop comparing Microsoft to GB WhatsApp.

It's a watery analogy.

Microsoft pirates copy the original so you can use Windows like every other person. Such pirated apps do not give you permissions to see stuff other Microsoft users don't want you to see, or do they?

Watery beans... tongue
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Sarmiz24(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2021
Oga go buy iPhone make una stop to dey loose una privacy to unknown company atleast WhatsApp u can still sue Facebook for privacy breech but GB u don’t even know who owns it, my iPhone 12 does that without stress just by holding the chat for 3secs I can see the chat without reading it
heniford2:
can u screenshot how to hide message like when u read a message u don't want ur next know u read did message
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2021
MizMyColi:

The point here is GB WhatsApp infringes privacy.

If I have set my status such that I won't know who has seen it and they won't know if I've seen theirs, why should GB WhatsApp users have that advantage?

If I sent a message and deleted it for everyone, why should the receiver see said message, regardless?

That's cheating and goes against everything equity stands for.

GB WhatsApp is a leech, reaping where they have not sown.

They should get their own apps and promote such features. Most of you supporting them now will run away.

You want to infringe on other people's privacy but remain in full control of yours. That's the whole premise GB WhatsApp is built on.

Thieves.

And Zuckerberg is a saint...? You even know more than Edward Snowden. tongue
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by princewill1996(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2021
jericco1:
I still don't know what people find in that GB WhatsApp of a thing.

I have never found it interesting
seconded. I see it as childs play
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Abudu2000(m): 8:45am On Jul 06, 2021
Dahunsipaul:
Does anyone know if there’s any gb WhatsApp for iPhones?
nah iPhone is too big for such nonsense. Don't bring urself down man, if u are using a platform to make money allow the owners of that platform to make theirs too.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Abudu2000(m): 8:48am On Jul 06, 2021
Okortor:
Buhari pity Nigerians. I can't spend my money in peace without several person's begging me now on daily basis.

Indeed d country is hard, nobody forms big man here at my office. Lol.

It's well with the righteous, Amen.
my bro as in ehh the country is super difficult now. I have stopped visiting a bar twice coz those waiters and begging. I really don't blame them, if i can leave home with 10k and come back with nothing how much more those earning peanuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by lapazi(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2021
Afriqan:

Mark himself is cashing out from your data. It's your data and mines, he didn't bring it from heaven. To me it's greed. Insult me all u want if u have no capacity for proper discussion, I won't be pained.

They’re required by law to seek consent before they can use your data, this is something that must be expressly giving and adequately documented.

This was why they’ve been fined before.

Support developers buy purchasing the softwares, using pirated/cracked software will always leave u at the mercies of these criminal threat actors.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed!

Something like that!
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 06, 2021
lapazi:

They’re required by law to seek consent before they can use your data, this is something that must be expressly giving and adequately documented.

This was why they’ve been fined before.

Support developers buy purchasing the softwares, using pirated/cracked software will always leave u at the mercies of these criminal threat actors.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed!

Something like that!

Comot here...
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Shellsploit: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2021
Classickj:
so if I want to use new phone how do I restore my old messages

U will get the option to restore your chats after installation on your new phone.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by shina11(m): 9:14am On Jul 06, 2021
Ati WhatsApp o GB WhatsApp o Buhari will soon ban all of una grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Dahunsipaul(m): 10:00am On Jul 06, 2021
Darkmode64:
I'm rather curious. What is stopping Mark from implementing features on Gb WhatsApp on the original WhatsApp the knock off the former out of the competition? If customizable features are accessible on WhatsApp, no one would download Gb WhatsApp. It only shows Mark is greedy angry

Why would he implement Gb WhatsApp features? Why exactly

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Dahunsipaul(m): 10:01am On Jul 06, 2021
shina11:
Ati WhatsApp o GB WhatsApp o Buhari will soon ban all of una grin grin grin grin grin

We go go back to nipost ni last last with Oga bubu after banning everything, that time our eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2021
NewDawn2O21:
because you're a scammer and a hacker.
You'll be dealt with soon
I agree with him tho the normal one is enough I just need the basics all that extra is for stalkers and clout chasers. Same with those see your IG likes apps lol
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Classickj(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2021
Shellsploit:

U will get the option to restore your chats after installation on your new phone.
it now working..
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by JoeEeL(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2021
Classickj:

I need your help with this
Using aero watapp but I want to switch to GB watapp

Just seeing this. Unfortunately, I will be busy until Friday. I'll teach u on friday. Take care for now.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by chatbot1234isba: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2021
MansoryMX:

iPhones don’t do false nonsense like android

lmao, says who ? people use it on ios, there is a way they tweak their mobile phone.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Fabulouslouie(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2021
After deleting status, dem go carry their head dey reply am.
Re: Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked by Shellsploit: 11:02am On Jul 06, 2021
Classickj:
it now working..

Ok great.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan / What Network Has The Best Call Tariff As At Today? / How Was This Photo Taken?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.