Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland (6741 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Hiw To Save Your Husband From The Next Chidinma / Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Biglittlelois(f): 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2021
Ishilove:
Never a dull moment grin

I've been laughing non stop grin

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by mariahAngel(f): 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Yes, you know his madness spanned years. He will apologize, flip, apologize again…

Years back he did create a thread to that effect. Then when they started dragging him for being a simp, he decided to come for me again to make himself feel alfa. Lol

I think the fact that no one of value in my life has ever made that accusation an issue made it easier for me to ignore. Those who matter do not care and those who care do not matter.

As e be now, call me olosho + evening newspaper from today till next year. If you like talk say you know the junction where I dey stand, I go follow you use am catch cruise. Na you go tire. grin grin grin

Well, no matter what, never condone or tolerate defamation of your character in any way.
You owe no one any explanation, but if you ever feel the need to address any issue, you address it firmly. Don't joke about it.
Don't ignore what you should address. There'll always be one (new) person reading/knowing about you for the first time. Don't let them believe lies.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by AloneTK: 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
pocohantas:

As e be now, call me olosho + evening newspaper from today till next year. If you like talk say you know the junction where I dey stand, I go follow you use am catch cruise. Na you go tire. grin grin grin

But you could ignore such and decide not to feed the person’s ego/folly by responding.

Just what I wanted to talk about the other time I mentioned you.

I guess we see things and react differently.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Omoluabi16(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2021
Funnyy grin grin
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Well, no matter what, never condone or tolerate defamation of your character in any way.
You owe no one any explanation, but if you ever feel the need to address any issue, you address it firmly. Don't joke about it.
Don't ignore what you should address. There'll always be one (new) person reading/knowing about you for the first time. Don't let them believe lies.

True babe. I have addressed enough. Now I either ignore or cruise along. Whoever is reading for the first time is on his/her own. Whatever the person wants to believe is up to him/her. Takes nothing off me. After all, they can’t pick me out of a crowd and I could even be Seun’s paid bot.

AloneTK:

But you could ignore such and decide not to feed the person’s ego/folly by responding.

Just what I wanted to talk about the other time I mentioned you.

I guess we see things and react differently.

Depends on my mood. There are some I would never respond to again even at gunpoint. Some are just so silly and repetitive, it is amusing. I don’t even respond to a quarter of my mentions, so whatever you see me respond to is nothing compared to how often they try to provoke me into responding.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Did she object in the first place that they were too petty to sell? Or she agreed and did a different thing altogether?

Help me rationalize this please.

She didn't even think he was serious when he mentioned that they should be sold.

He gave them to her as though they were gifts, and the idea of selling was just him making a random suggestion.

Only for the babe to distribute them and oga was shockingly furious. He made such a big deal out of the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

See dis one o... SLANDERING SNAKE! grin

You fit dare defame me? Won tie bi e da!
Na to slash your slimy slandering snakey head comot with cutlass once! Nonsense!

You're a garrulous individual. I didn't even notice your existence until you quoted me today.
Why should I defame you? You're irrelevant. If you actually had a life outside nairaland you won't be here ranting about past events and what you cannot do.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by mariahAngel(f): 12:09am On Jul 10, 2021
Plead:

You're a garrulous individual. I didn't even notice your existence until you quoted me today.
Why should I defame you? You're irrelevant. If you actually had a life outside nairaland you won't be here ranting about past events and what you cannot do.

You LIAR!

I better be irrelevant to you, you gat that?
Garrulous gbuo gi dia!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Did she object in the first place that they were too petty to sell? Or she agreed and did a different thing altogether?

Help me rationalize this please.
Baba me sef see qetin the girl talk and was shocked.
You agree with person say you go sell him stuff and give him the money,you later took it to yourself and share amongst friends and somehow expect the guy to be cool with it?
The way some people think baffles me sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 1:09am On Jul 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

She didn't even think he was serious when he mentioned that they should be sold.

He gave them to her as though they were gifts, and the idea of selling was just him making a random suggestion.

Only for the babe to distribute them and oga was shockingly furious. He made such a big deal out of the situation.
Then she shouldn't have accepted it from him for sales purposes.
If you give me teacups and make a suggestion like I should sell them,I won't accept it cos I know it is something that will be hard for me to sell.
I won't accept them from you and later share to my friends all in the name of "petty items".
Your friend is not a good person,I will be weary of her if I were you.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 10, 2021
On the contrary, I would assume that someone who thinks it's okay to leach off another person's sweat has definitely got a problem.

Such a shame!

PrimadonnaO:

LMAO cheesy grin

I know one like that, too... Story's so similar. He returned from the states, brought a few things along with him and gave them to his babe that she should sell them.

Petty things... Clipper, sneaks, tops, etc.

The babe kept some for herself, gave her siblings the rest. Oga was furious... Was asking for the money that would have been realised from the sales. Babe didn't bring any money. They broke up. That dude is a minute away from 40 and still unmarried.

Abeg, I'm bias. If I find anyone 40, not broke, yet single, I'll assume he's got a problem.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 2:33am On Jul 10, 2021
HoneyBadgerr:
On the contrary, I would assume that someone who thinks it's okay to leach off another person's sweat has definitely got a problem.

Such a shame!

Its very funny really.
Like how do you even notice a person is stingy in the first place if not for entitlement mentality and/or you aren't wretched yourself?
Like I just don't get.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Raalsalghul: 5:31am On Jul 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

She didn't think it was serious but she agreed right?

Sister, sometimes make una dey go through una write up before posting online.

I could even understand if she kept some for herself, but she went all the way and gave the remainder to her siblings: says a lot about the lady and the family she's coming from.

When they say Nigerian ladies have entitlement mentality, this is an example of it or probably because he's an abroad guy, she felt he shouldn't care: dollars oti po. Last I remembered, money doesn't grow on trees over there.

I want to believe there's more to their break up than the information that you are providing but going by what you wrote up there, your friend is a terrible individual.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Raalsalghul: 6:10am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
You agree with person say you go sell him stuff and give him the money,you later took it to yourself and share amongst friends and somehow expect the guy to be cool with it?

My brother, the thing tire me.

I read the story like thrice trying to make sense of it: looking for the guy's fault but couldn't see any.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
Its very funny really.
Like how do you even notice a person is stingy in the first place if not for entitlement mentality and/or you aren't wretched yourself?
Like I just don't get.

You don’t need to be entitled or wretched to know your partner is stingy. This argument only comes up when it is a lady complaining of a guy being stingy. I know a well-to-do guy that called off an engagement because his fiancée is STINGY. He isn’t entitled, he isn’t wretched, but he observed it was VERY HARD/IMPOSSIBLE for her to make the tiniest financial sacrifice for him or others!

There are male versions of her and they are all dangerous. That is how women form non-entitlement and enter into marriages with men who have low sense of responsibility, only to cry later that they are the ones doing everything alone. By then people will say, “didn’t you notice it before marriage, you were desperate, carry your cross.”

Once again, you mustn’t be entitled to notice you have a stingy partner!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

Did you just say defamation, when people get to certain age we start coming to terms with with what we really are, i have these 5ft4inch tall girl calling her short no longer get to her skin cos she has come to terms with it, over the years she must have reacted & cried over it buh today before we talk am sef she don chorus kukutè. so calm down & lets pray for make her market to sell waarawara, naa then she go fit do giveaway. nd if you wan join, talk stop beating around the bush.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2021
Let me borrow Raalsulghul’s quote;

An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned…

There is no peace for the wicked. grin

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2021
pocohantas:

You don’t need to be entitled or wretched to know your partner is stingy. This argument only comes up when it is a lady complaining of a guy being stingy. I know a well-to-do guy that called off an engagement because his fiancée is STINGY. He isn’t entitled, he isn’t wretched, but he observed it was VERY HARD/IMPOSSIBLE for her to make the tiniest financial sacrifice for him or others!

There are male versions of her and they are all dangerous. That is how women form non-entitlement and enter into marriages with men who have low sense of responsibility, only to cry later that they are the ones doing everything alone. By then people will say, “didn’t you notice it before marriage, you were desperate, carry your cross.”

Once again, you mustn’t be entitled to notice you have a stingy partner!
Sense of responsibility and stingy are two very different things.
Also,I don't see how a well balanced,well stable man should call of an engagement because the fiancee is stingy.
It makes no logical sense when you know you can earn your keep,take care of your own and then be worried about a woman's tight fist(most of them are anyways) unless yhe person didn't love her like that and was just tolerating and marrying out of pity.
All a man will do in that situation is return the same stiniginess pattern back to her.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
Sense of responsibility and stingy are two very different things.
Also,I don't see how a well balanced,well stable man should call of an engagement because the fiancee is stingy.
It makes no logical sense when you know you can earn your keep,take care of your own and then be worried about a woman's tight fist(most of them are anyways) unless yhe person didn't love her like that and was just tolerating and marrying out of pity.
All a man will do in that situation is return the same stiniginess pattern back to her.

Oh it makes lots of sense to call off the wedding. A partner who can’t spare little for you is a ticking time bomb. Not everyone has the time to start returning stinginess to you because it is not their person, they’ll rather cut you off. Especially when they have complained of that attitude of yours many times.

Stinginess is the foundation of a lack of sense of responsibility. You that is talking, you took your “LOML” for dinner. I know you well enough to know what you can do. She also gave you a gift and you were happy. So why will you be here defending stingy men/women?! Stinginess is a bad trait. Love gives!

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Oh it makes lots of sense to call off the wedding. A partner who can’t spare little for you is a ticking time bomb. Not everyone has the time to start returning stinginess to you because it is not their person, they’ll rather cut you off. Especially when they have complained of that attitude of yours many times.

Stinginess is the foundation of a lack of sense of responsibility. You that is talking, you took your “LOML” for dinner. I know you well enough to know what you can do. She also gave you a gift and you were happy. So why will you be here defending stingy men/women?! Stinginess is a bad trait. Love gives!
I am not saying stinginess is a good behaviour and sometimes wonder why people ought to be that way.
However,what I am saying is if you love somebody dearly and you don't need any support whatsoever from the person in the long run,
Then stinginess will be so trivial to use as an excuse to call off a WEDDING .
Maybe your friend was managing the girl all along,then stinginess was what broke the camel's back.
That's my point of view.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by AloneTK: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

Exactly the thought!
But ignoring sometimes could be it on a faceless forum like this.
Responding to mischievous comments could only prolong what should have been put to rest by one’s silence.

That’s my own way sha. Not necessarily the best I could impose on others.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
I am not saying stinginess is a good behaviour and sometimes wonder why people ought to be that way.
However,what I am saying is if you love somebody dearly and you don't need any support whatsoever from the person in the long run,
Then stinginess will be so trivial to use as an excuse to call off a WEDDING .
Maybe your friend was managing the girl all along,then stinginess was what broke the camel's back.
That's my point of view.

I don’t believe he was managing her because a man won’t do all the things he did, if he is managing her. It is really not about dependency, it is about knowing your partner would have your back if the need arises. How do you open eyes and enter marriage with a woman that will squeeze face before giving you N500? N500 that you only collected from her because you don’t have low bills. It is bad mehn.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2021
pocohantas:

I don’t believe he was managing her because a man won’t do all the things he did, if he is managing her. It is really not about dependency, it is about knowing your partner would have your back if the need arises. How do you open eyes and enter marriage with a woman that will squeeze face before giving you N500? N500 that you only collected from her because you don’t have low bills. It is bad mehn.
Well I understand, her own is really bad.
These are the type of women that make men wonder if they are with them for love or because of what they see or can get.
But love is a strong feeling,it is not just something you CUT-OFF like rope,especially when the excuse is that petty.
Most people that are finding it easy to cut people off weren't in love I the first place,if you've felt love before, you will understand. But I know it is hard to find or do so in this country for many reasons.
And please,never judge how much a man loves a woman by the "things he did for her" ,no no no that's a big mistake!
When a man's purchasing power increases,you'd be shocked at what he can do/buy for people he is just barely tolerating.
That is one mistake people always make!

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Badt guy!
If you know, you know.
Ugly people consoling themselvessmiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
Well I understand, her own is really bad.
These are the type of women that make men wonder if they are with them for love or because of what they see or can get.
But love is a strong feeling,it is not just something you CUT-OFF like rope,especially when the excuse is that petty.
Most people that are finding it easy to cut people off weren't in love I the first place,if you've felt love before, you will understand. But I know it is hard to find or do so in this country for many reasons.
And please,never judge how much a man loves a woman by the "things he did for her" ,no no no that's a big mistake!
When a man's purchasing power increases,you'd be shocked at what he can do/buy for people he is just barely tolerating.
That is one mistake people always make!

I am not talking about money, I intentionally didn’t type the things he did because some people fit start to shout SIMP. So I very much understood his pains when he decided he had had enough. He kept hammering on the stinginess and then there were complaints of her dad trying to use her to milk him. Everybody wanted to chop, even relatives. I guess you are right, it was accumulated fuckups.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:

One is even saying the man is over reacting like its no be deal grin
A wise man in UAR once said, Every good a woman does naa mistake grin grin very deep buh it cracks me up anytime i remember
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by SeaTrade(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2021
pocohantas:

I am not talking about money, I intentionally didn’t type the things he did because some people fit start to shout SIMP. So I very much understood his pains when he decided he had had enough. He kept hammering on the stinginess and then there were complaints of her dad trying to use her to milk him. Everybody wanted to chop, even relatives. I guess you are right, it was accumulated fuckups.
Exactly,na now you don hit the nail on the head.
You stingy yet you and your family want dey milk another person,very bad and irritable.
That is one thing I can't take and a lot of men as well,exploitation!That is why I advise guys not to marry just women but also their families,and I'm glad people are doing so these days.
I hate am die!!!
Where a person comes from always play a major role of who that person is or will become.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
Exactly,na now you don hit the nail on the head.
You stingy yet you and your family want dey milk another person,very bad and irritable.
That is one thing I can't take and a lot of men as well,exploitation!That is why I advise guys not to marry just women but also their families,and I'm glad people are doing so these days.
I hate am die!!!
Where a person comes from always play a major role of who that person is or will become

Lol…True words. I hope the girl learnt a lesson.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by crackhaus: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2021
SeaTrade:
Its very funny really.
Like I just don't get.
This... cool

There honestly is no valid argument to be made against the above.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2021
Raalsalghul:

She didn't think it was serious but she agreed right?

Sister, sometimes make una dey go through una write up before posting online.

I could even understand if she kept some for herself, but she went all the way and gave the remainder to her siblings: says a lot about the lady and the family she's coming from.

When they say Nigerian ladies have entitlement mentality, this is an example of it or probably because he's an abroad guy, she felt he shouldn't care: dollars oti po. Last I remembered, money doesn't grow on trees over there.

I want to believe there's more to their break up than the information that you are providing but going by what you wrote up there, your friend is a terrible individual.

The guy is my friend, I got to know the babe by virtue of us being mutual friends.

She didn't agree. He mentioned selling after he had given them to her.

Objectively speaking, dude overreacted. Why bring petty things back from a trip and ask your babe to sell them? He should have sold them himself.

@emboldened... Perhaps. But that's what he told me... And when I asked the babe, it's the same story she gave. So it most likely was the catalyst.
Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
Masturbator2020:

So because I was a masturbator I should remain single for ever?
Lol don’t mind them hehe

You can start by addressing your new self on your pm if you don’t want to do away with this moniker. Most people will judge you based on this moniker.

This is why it is important to be careful of every action & decision we make daily.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland by Masturbator2020: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Lol don’t mind them hehe

You can start by addressing your new self on your pm if you don’t want to do away with this moniker. Most people will judge you based on this moniker.

This is why it is important to be careful of every action & decision we make daily.
Thank you..Sincerely I didn't willingness choose the moniker. In fact,I created a thread where I warned about the danger of masturbation.And I highlighted how masturbation dealt with me and I made it clear that I have stopped the act.So i use this moniker just to draw attention to the thread,and it worked.you can check my profile.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

help !!! she is losing her eye is to infection. / Best Number Of Kids And Age Gap? / Chie! Children Of Nowadays (i Am Shocked To The Bone Narrow) Mature Response Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.