Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Do You Think? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think? (1458 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think? by InkedNerd(f): 6:11pm On May 10, 2011
Bitablet:

@Ink, you have to understand I do not condone that behaviour but the way you dress can affect the way men approach you or the words they might use on you.

I am sorry but this is silly, I am trying to make you understand that dressing inappropriately can bring on negative reactions whether it was your intention to attract male attention on the road or not.

In the Uk-black boys call summer the Ho season because it is the time when girls show everything and they see that as an easy catch.

Of course I know the way a person dresses can affect how people approach them. Look, I'm not some little child who doesn't understand what you're saying. The point I was trying to make is that you don't need to harass an individual because the onlooker possess diarrhea of the mouth and brain. If you feel that the way the person is dressed is distasteful, must you speak to them? Must you harass them?

MzDarkSkin:

Some black men are sorry.  undecided
I have been lucky thus far not to meet such creeps.
Guys 'holla' at me and say disrespectful s3xual things but never
have I been called a 'btch' or what not for ignoring them.
I have however witnessed it and it is very distasteful. I think
someone had a point that sometimes our attire can bring on such
wanted attention however I still believe a man can admire and not
touch or call out. There is a difference between a man and a shell of
a man.

Yes, indeed.
Re: What Do You Think? by Bitablet: 6:13pm On May 10, 2011
@Ink, why are you asking me those questions? I do not approach women and diss them
Re: What Do You Think? by kokoye(m): 6:13pm On May 10, 2011
I do not random support toasting on the street but I agree with what inked said here - be polite until the guy starts acting up - cos you never know.

Years back in Lagos while waiting at a bus stop, this lady dropped her pause without knowing it. I walked up to her and said 'excuse me' . . she just walked away without looking at me. I smile and walked back to my initial spot and others saw what happened. Some guy picked up the purse and walked away.

whose loss?
Re: What Do You Think? by InkedNerd(f): 6:16pm On May 10, 2011
Bitablet:

@Ink, why are you asking me those questions? I do not approach women and diss them

I never said that you do such things but the way you worded your response makes it seem like its ok for a man to treat a woman like that.
Re: What Do You Think? by BABE3: 6:17pm On May 10, 2011
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 10, 2011
D-sense:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

*******Singing********

Where was I when the rockets came to life
And carried you away into the alligator sky?
Even though I'll never know what's up ahead
I'm never lettin' go, I'm never lettin' go
Where was I when the rockets came to life
And carried you away into the alligator sky?
Even though I'll never know what's up ahead
I'm never lettin' go, I'm never lettin' go

grin grin like I said, go to bed sweery!  cheesy

kokoye:

I do not random support toasting on the street but I agree with what inked said here - be polite until the guy starts acting up - cos you never know.

Years back in Lagos while waiting at a bus stop, this lady dropped her pause without knowing it. I walked up to her and said 'excuse me' . . she just walked away without looking at me. I smile and walked back to my initial spot and others saw what happened. Some guy picked up the purse and walked away.

whose loss?

hahaha! now that's IRONY for ya!  grin

Inked_Nerd:

Yes, indeed.

cool cool
Re: What Do You Think? by Bitablet: 6:29pm On May 10, 2011
@Ink, I think you should read them over again.

I did not "ok" it. ( I am going to defer from using BUT because seems like that is what brings the disagreement)

Men have a different mindset to women.
They will assume a woman is a "ho"for unnecessary reasons.
Unless you do not care, if you care dress "a bit appropriate" to reduce that assumption.

If you are dressed "inappropriately" just be on the lookout.
Re: What Do You Think? by tosyne007(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2011
Bitablet:

I did not "ok" it. ( I am going to defer from using BUT because seems like that is what brings the disagreement)

Unless you do not care, if you care dress "a bit appropriate" to reduce that assumption.

really? on the lookout for u?

all i could deduce from ur responses is that u seem like a guy dat will harrass or embarass a lady cos she's scantily dressed but i can bet u that u will get wat u deserve.

a very hot slap if not more than that. angry
Re: What Do You Think? by InkedNerd(f): 6:35pm On May 10, 2011
Bitablet:

Once again, I never said that you said it was ok. I said that they way worded your responses make it seem like its ok.
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 10, 2011
tosyne007:

really? on the lookout for u?

all i could deduce from your responses is that u seem like a guy dat will harrass or embarass a lady cos she's scantily dressed but i can bet u that u will get wat u deserve.

a very hot slap if not more than that.  angry

GBAM!  cool
he is clearly a 'man-shell' who has no respect for women.
Re: What Do You Think? by Dsense(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2011
OP.
There was a time i helped a lady to get her residential stay done and she politey gave me coochie in return undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 10, 2011
^^An ex. of an 'Oloshi fairy tale' undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think? by InkedNerd(f): 6:45pm On May 10, 2011
D-sense:

OP.
There was a time i helped a lady to get her residential stay done and she politey gave me coochie in return undecided undecided

lol, ok well I guess you were rewarded for your actions but what does that have do with street harassers? grin
Re: What Do You Think? by InkedNerd(f): 6:51pm On May 10, 2011
This discussion just reminded me of this "catcall form" I found on an online magazine.

Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 10, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think? by Dsense(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol, ok well I guess you were rewarded for your actions but what does that have do with street harassers? grin

Is that all i can get ? . .No kisses? After spending hours thinking of something happened and relevant to the topic and was able to vommit one but your compliment was horrible cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Do You Think? by Dsense(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

This discussion just reminded me of this "catcall form" I found on an online magazine.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think? by InkedNerd(f): 7:21pm On May 10, 2011
D-sense:

Is that all i can get ? . .No kisses? After spending hours thinking of something happened and relevant to the topic and was able to vommit one but your compliment was horrible cry cry cry cry cry

Horribly?!?! Wettin I go do? You wan make I yell at you? From what you said, it seems like you both won grin
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 11, 2011
@OP
personally i don't do road toasting,

but a man who embarrasses a woman for not listening to him is wrong

and a woman who insults a man for approaching her is dead wrong

and they both deserve what ever they get outta the situation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies And Gents. What Will You Do In This Situation? / Why Do The Guys I Like Turn Out To Be Gay / Hw Would U Feel If Ur Partner Lied 2 U Dat She Is A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.