Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? (15150 Views)

What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by sirsholley(m): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
I never bargained for first class, i got my second class upper and I'm ok with it

3 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by thamilet(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
I go get First class, my mind dey tell me, just graduated though
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Hillarie(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
arthurwillia:
Lol imagine person wey carry 4.4 enter 400l still get 4.47 in the end! Guy school tire me

Exact story of my life, boss. Department of English can frustrate ehn!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by iamtardey: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
300level I knew I was gon have to drop out school for good . for reals tho

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
Maryjane001:
Mine was from 1st year. I got into my current course with the hope that I would be able to get into medicine from there. It turned out that it wasn't as easy as they said it would.
I needed to have a lot of right connections and have money to spend too. My parents would do anything so I could fulfill my dreams but I didn't want them to spend on something that might not work out if it doesn't turn out right. Writing another jamb was out of question as the nature of my parents' occupation won't give me time to read at home and i 'm so bad at multitasking (if I should write jamb while in school).

Besides I was the 1st out of five and didn't want my bills to hinder that of others. The burden on my parents was much so I decided to stay back. I never liked my current course in first year. It was so disorganized and burdensome. Was always taunted by people in other departments especially Pharmacy students cuz we did some courses together. Saw my dreams wither away but I m fine with it now.
Currently in my finals, hoping to finish with a 2.1.
What did you study BTW......I just think you felt humiliated by them not that they was actually rubbing it to your face ..pharm weh hard like wetin sef ..dem just dey withdraw boys anyhow grin grin grin grin angry
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by cletz991(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2021

In
My
Dreams
grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Ghostrye: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
200l first term, as per say I know say I no too get strength for over reading

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Samjaza(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Can't relate
cool
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by KushLyon(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
During my 100lvl clearance....abeg I no fit kill myself

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ProfChris10(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
That was after 300l results for a 5year course. That is passed now. Graduated with a 2.1.

I understand better now that building values on yourself and getting key skills is far more important than grades. Get the good grades but build values on yourself. It is what pays now.

Keep learning new things.

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
I'm currently in my second year in a state university, i just commenced 2nd semester and so far I've seen my 100 level results.
I've 3.00 in 100 level First semester and same 3.00 in second semester, I'm yet to see 200 level first semester result as i just resume second semester.
Can i still make 2nd class upper at the end?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
during my first lecture ..physics 102 .as enter Hall heat wan carry me commot everywhere been chooke ..I just carry my books dey go back house
..never attended class in 100l I only show face when assignment dey to submit or test to write ..I been get guysssss well well
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by gnykelly(m): 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
At the point I had no hostel to stay I was couch surfing. I sga graduate with 2.1

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by YelloweWest: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
Your 100 level results is a picture of what you'll end up with if you work hard.

Your cgp will only drop and bearly increase
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Asiseeit: 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
After 200l... Had Bs (68,69)in over 90% of my courses, I was depressed. Others C. I just locked up.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Herbephe1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
when I met a Prof in 200L telling us that he used to do tdb to set questions so students must do tdb to pass/ cross over...

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Slizzords: 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
If you studied elect-elect or any other engineering course in the university of ibadan in the late 90's/ early 2000's you will know that you can't graduate with first class. Dem never born you well , lots of sadistic lecturers back then . I just wonder how students make 5.0gp this days . The thing be like scam for my eyes sef

4 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
[quote author=33bandit post=105946839]
What did you study BTW......I just think you felt humiliated by them not that they was actually rubbing it to your face ..pharm weh hard like wetin sef ..dem just dey withdraw boys anyhow grin grin grin grin angry[/quote
Lol. A combined course. Combined biological sciences (CBS). You get to combine two courses in biological sciences. school, they refer to us as confused brothers and sisters...lol. most of the pharmacy guys never had it easy on us, they treated us like we didn't know anything. Even in class then sef, there was massive discrimination.
I just felt I never belonged. But I got used to it.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
dahgifted:
I'm currently in my second year in a state university, i just commenced 2nd semester and so far I've seen my 100 level results.
I've 3.00 in 100 level First semester and same 3.00 in second semester, I'm yet to see 200 level first semester result as i just resume second semester.
Can i still make 2nd class upper at the end?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Anhifowhoshe(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
Before I wrote jamb... I can’t kill myself that’s what I always say to myself
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Ddream6627(m): 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
100lv second semester,since then gp just dey drop anyhow.... unilorin all am praying for right now is to graduate next year insha Allah.

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by digitalgeorgy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2021
I knew I was not getting a first class before I bought my jamb form

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nwaotu10(m): 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
The first day I stepped foot in UNN grin grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Vickho: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
HydraFeeds:
lol na so I drop out on,I Dey like to be the best in any situation I find myself �
why did you drop?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Vickho: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
money121:

100Level grin grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
[quote author=Maryjane001 post=105946987][/quote]
I can relate actually ..we been do agric economics guys that thing dat year ..we didn't want to even become friends with them ..sha it was 100l thing I think we was just bing childish and our head been dey hot.. undecided
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nwunwa: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Before I got the admission

I know what I'm capable of...

So i really dint give maself much hope on first class

I know everything I should have done to acquire it then...but I just think it's best to keep it close to first class
why do you think it was best to keep it close to first class and not first actually
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by iomoge2(f): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
When someone told me he dreamt of me struggling to climb a mountain but I couldn’t.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Pk01(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ddream6627:
100lv second semester,since then gp just dey drop anyhow.... unilorin all am praying for right now is to graduate next year insha Allah.
xame hear bro.. Na to graduate

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ofiko123(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamyemiakins:
School na scam and who school help people, please avoid this thread! grin

Why Na, some people love Education you know..
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ofiko123(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
I realised I won't graduate with a first class degree in my 100 level...
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Mckeni007: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Before I took my jamb form

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do I Quit My Job Or Keep Getting Distracted In Medical School? Help Me / Use Of English JAMB Past Questions And Answers PDF Download / Christopher Ndubuisi Trains Youth On ICT, Donates Hundreds Of Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.