Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? (15152 Views)

What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Yungmil: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2021
Pk01:
3l..baba just the get E. The pass dey go.. With only two c.o's we move!
Bro u have no p. Just manage graduate even with the E.

This country no be only by cert ooo. U fit blow pass others. Just manage graduate
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Creeknigga(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2021
Mine is a different case entirely.
When seeking to admission, never thought of making a first class since I was going for Mech. Engr.
But when I was given Forestry through supplementary I knew first class could be possible.
So, I'm working towards it.
#OnGod

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by colestephan86: 8:09am On Sep 19, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Gaining admission into any tertiary institution comes with much expectations from an undergraduate student and his/her sponsors. Expectations like graduating with a first class honours degree, coming out as the best graduating student of the Department/Faculty/Institution etc.

As the journey begins, the work begins to achieve the goal of being the best in the academic pursuit, but in some cases the student can start realizing that he/she isn't really up to the task of being a first class student after getting to a certain level with different challenges which can lead to the student settling for whatever comes his/her way.

So, at what level in the University did you realize that you won't be graduating with a first class degree?
From the very first day I gained admission, I knew I wasn't going to get a first class cos I wasnt interested in it
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 8:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Codingenthusias:

Yeah but you'll have to work harder.

I got 2.67 as my 100lvl CGP. Ended up with 3.10 In my 200lvl and then in my 300lvl, I ended with 3.21. I'm in my final year right now, and my CGP is at 3.62. I just need to maintain my CGP and graduate with a 2:1.

So, you have a good chance of making a 2:1 than me sef
Do you know about Elective courses?
Did you attempt it in year 3?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Gerrard59(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2021
After the second semester's results during my sophomore, I knew it wasn't possible. I recall rolling on the floor in my room endlessly. I wept cry Na so e go be? The results was devastating across the board. Those who escaped eventually graduated with a first class. In retrospect, one's first year is very important. If my first year results were stellar, regardless of what happened during that semester, the effects would have been minimal. On the brighter side, I got relived of the pressure to attain a first class and put in the energy into developing extracurricular skills and meeting people.

I must confess though, I regret not having a first class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Gerrard59(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2021
Creeknigga:
Mine is a different case entirely.
When seeking to admission, never thought of making a first class since I was going for Mech. Engr.
But when I was given Forestry through supplementary I knew first class could be possible

So, I'm working towards it.
#OnGod

Interesting.. How did you get Forestry instead of say Mathematics or Physics since your initial course was Mechanical Engineering?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by lajid: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2021
Organicist95:
hmmm I like your spirit

Can we chat on whatsapp?
Sure, no problem about that.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ephemerallife: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2021
1st semester, 400 level.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by v2: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2021
At 400level.
I needed a CGPA of 5.02 in my 500level to get a first class which was impossible grin
I actually started poorly because during my early years I was sick during 2 of my exams and I had to struggle to write them which seriously affected my grades with some COs.
I cleared all my COs at 300level and at 400level I was a 4pointer. Funny enough, 400level was when we had the worse result in my set and that was when I shone.
School no easy cha, especially Nigerian schools.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Craggybogg: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2021
2nd Year, first semester. Those grades gave me depression ehn! G.P. sha balance las las! We thank God!
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Lugianostar(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2021
It was when i saw the uncircumcised daughters of jezebel every where on campus

At what level ke??

Ndiala Ndiala
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by EnnyGr: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2021
Local Man never worked for it. Just wanted my 2:1.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by bezimo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
Drella:

You don't feel like one?
If it is "Medical",I hope you aren't practicing?

Don't be stupid by making uninformed assumptions.Ok! Besides when you become one you can come back to ask me questions.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by DamnnNiggarr: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Suspect33:
Yes
Well! Well!! Well!!!
What level and which department?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Codingenthusias: 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
dahgifted:
Do you know about Elective courses?
Did you attempt it in year 3?

I did 2 elective courses (1 in 1st semester and 1 in 2nd semester).

Then, I did 1 elective in 400lvl 1st semester.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 8:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Codingenthusias:

I did 2 elective courses (1 in 1st semester and 1 in 2nd semester).

Then, I did 1 elective in 400lvl 1st semester.

I heard it boost cgpa if one get an A or B?
Is it worth trying?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Codingenthusias: 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
dahgifted:
I heard it boost cgpa if one get an A or B?
Is it worth trying?

Definitely Worth it!. It's like writing an extra course.

There's no difference between an elective course and a core course, as it gives you the same perks.

But be careful though, as doing an elective course might take a toll on your brain especially when you have enough course to deal with already.

I did 11 courses (2 elective) in my 400lvl 1st semester and was able to still end up with 4.46 as my CGPA
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
Codingenthusias:

Definitely Worth it!. It's like writing an extra course.

There's no difference between an elective course and a core course, as it gives you the same perks.

But be careful though, as doing an elective course might take a toll on your brain especially when you have enough course to deal with already.

I did 11 courses (2 elective) in my 400lvl 1st semester and was able to still end up with 4.46 as my CGPA
I'm to write 7 courses this semester, all 3 credits can i still add 2 elective or is elective course limited to just 1 per semester?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Codingenthusias: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
dahgifted:
I'm to write 7 courses this semester, all 3 credits can i still add 2 elective or is elective course limited to just 1 per semester?

Elective courses are not limited.

In my school, you're to take an elective course worth 8 credit unit before graduation.

So, if it's 2 credit units, that's like 4 elective courses.

How many elective courses have you taken so far? I believe it should be the same in other federal universities.

After you're done with your elective, you're still allowed to take on other electives if you're in good standing (say 3.0 upward) else, the level adviser will decline your course form you registered online
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
Codingenthusias:

Elective courses are not limited.

In my school, you're to take an elective course worth 8 credit unit before graduation.

So, if it's 2 credit units, that's like 4 elective courses.

How many elective courses have you taken so far? I believe it should be the same in other federal universities.

After you're done with your elective, you're still allowed to take on other electives if you're in good standing (say 3.0 upward) else, the level adviser will decline your course form you registered online
I'm currently in my 2nd year and just commenced 2nd semester...
I'm studying in a state university and to my findings one can take an elective course starting from 3rd year.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ElMekuz: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Suspect33:
100l

Wrote igbo language in my GS courses when I'm not igbo, that was a bold F

2nd Semester, forgot books and focused on babes and hustle cool ,well the result isn't out yet but ...........
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ElMekuz: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
[quote author=Suspect33 post=105946088]100l

Wrote igbo language in my GS courses when I'm not igbo, that was a bold F

2nd Semester, forgot books and focused on babes and hustle cool ,well the result isn't out yet but ...........[that must be UNN]
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Codingenthusias: 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
dahgifted:
I'm currently in my 2nd year and just commenced 2nd semester...
I'm studying in a state university and to my findings one can take an elective course starting from 3rd year.

We started our elective courses in 2nd semester 200lvl here sha.

When registering for elective courses, you should also try to make an enquiry from your seniors if the course material is bulky or the lecturer taking the course is friendly or not, so as to avoid such courses.

Every semester, we had like 3 elective courses to choose from, so we had our own choices to make.

Be serious with elective courses the way you're with core courses as I've mentioned before, there's really no difference.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by dahgifted(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Codingenthusias:

We started our elective courses in 2nd semester 200lvl here sha.

When registering for elective courses, you should also try to make an enquiry from your seniors if the course material is bulky or the lecturer taking the course is friendly or not, so as to avoid such courses.

Every semester, we had like 3 elective courses to choose from, so we had our own choices to make.

Be serious with elective courses the way you're with core courses as I've mentioned before, there's really no difference.
Thanks for the tips!
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Codingenthusias: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
dahgifted:
Thanks for the tips!

You're welcome, mate!
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by chinchum(m): 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
100 lv first semester, i knew i had what it takes to get a 2:1, and i used the optimal effort to achieve that instead of chasing a first class. I was always in the top 20th percentile , but i knew i could not make the sacrifice to be in the top 5th percentile a first class needs.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by GetMeRight: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
Brandonx:

Where’s the lie ? From day one I knew first class wasn’t my calling.
You said that you are here to read lies and then went ahead to tell your own story. I didn't say you lied, just asked you based on what you put forward. Lol
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Etinosa1234: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Since 200lvl

Na so so C full my result ..

I dey 4l now...

Make i just struggle enter 2.1
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by lajid: 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
lajid:
I just graduated, I really do hope I graduate with a first class.

I have maintained a first class from level 1 to level 4. Although I dropped out in second semester level 3, first time I was out of the first class zone (had 4.24 I think, devastating for me).

I entered my level 4 with a 4.59 CGPA, our final results are yet to be out but I was afraid because one course really gave me tough time, the lecturer didn’t help matters too.

It’s a 3 unit course and I think I might have a D (God forbid sha) but I’ve made peace with myself in case anything happens.

Although I’m hoping for the best. But I won’t lie, the thoughts of not getting a first class after the efforts is crazy. I even Had a 5.00 GPA in my level 1 second semester.

I just hope I graduate with a first class despite the trials. Our results will be out hopefully within the next two weeks so fingers crossed.
So about this, I did finally graduate with a first class. Thanks to God, our result just came out.

Just for the records, the main aim isn’t the result, it’s to find Favour from God.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by MrJavaS: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2021
lajid:

So about this, I did finally graduate with a first class. Thanks to God, our result just came out.

Just for the records, the main aim isn’t the result, it’s to find Favour from God.

My case is similar to yours. I started 100 level with 4.14 at first semester and 4.79 in the second semester which brought me to 4.45CGPA. I just finished 300 level 2nd semester but our results are not yet out. Though after 300 level first semester CGPA dropped to 4.53. After my IT I may enter 500 level with 4.59 or 4.61 CGPA if I get 4.86 or 5.0 respectively if our results are out.

I'm still not sure if I'll graduate with first class because 4.5 is a very weak first class with no security
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by lajid: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2021
MrJavaS:

My case is similar to yours. I started 100 level with 4.14 at first semester and 4.79 in the second semester which brought me to 4.45CGPA. I just finished 300 level 2nd semester but our results are not yet out. Though after 300 level first semester CGPA dropped to 4.53. After my IT I may enter 500 level with 4.59 or 4.61 CGPA if I get 4.86 or 5.0 respectively if our results are out.

I'm still not sure if I'll graduate with first class because 4.5 is a very weak first class with no security

Yeah, with 4.5 you can fall out any time. Just give your best. Hopefully it works in your favor.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by MrJavaS: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
lajid:

Yeah, with 4.5 you can fall out any time. Just give your best. Hopefully it works in your favor.
I'm positive of an increase in CGPA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Use Of English JAMB Past Questions And Answers PDF Download / Christopher Ndubuisi Trains Youth On ICT, Donates Hundreds Of Laptops / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.