Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? (15153 Views)

What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by OcMichaels(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
When I got 4.5/30 in my first test ever..
I just left the wheel for Jesus to take over.

Though I'm in 300L now.
CGPA 4.23 currently

5 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by arthurwillia(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2021
samuelpeters:

That your school no try oh...

E better make i graduate with 4.0 than nearly first class.

©️2021.

I Dey tell you
This one go hunt person forever

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by bezimo(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
That level never came because I ended up with one by the favour and wisdom that came from above. That was 11 years ago.lol Today I am a Dr. even if I don't feel like one.Lol!
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by 2021Humanbeing(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
saasala:
You must first be in school before aiming first class.

When I was in SS2, I stood up in front of the class and told my class mates I wouldn't be going to the university but they should watch out for my success story. I stopped right at SS3 and didn't even pass my WAEC.

Whilst my friends were in school, I was busy learning on the streets. I have made money and lost money. I have started businesses and lost businesses. I have been betrayed by business partners; one even sold our office and everything in it. I have learnt several skills including web programming, video editing etc. I have also become a film maker, producer, script writer and story board developer, not to mention I was a professional bricklayer and plumber before learning the digital skills.

I have bought cars and landed properties; even sold some properties to invest in new businesses only to lose all the money, I learnt and moved on.

I believe in learning on the go, learning on the street

First class from the uni? No, I don't have that. But I have have successfully sent my younger one to the uni and she graduated with first class.

I went to the university of the streets and studied hustle and bustle. So I have first class from the University Of The Streets.

Congratulations B.Sc hustle and bustle, University of Streets

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by MrJavaS: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
My problem with being in first class... especially first class lower (4.50 - 4.55) is that you'll always be afraid of dropping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by SUMMIE23(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
I was never determine to have it, though I believe I can(with the potentials) but ain't wanna be a bookworm.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by venabili: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
When was that ooooo.

Actually, i always knew i'll get first class. grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Skinkerjnr(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Na mumu d find ist class grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Drella(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
bezimo:
That level never came because I ended up with one by the favour and wisdom that came from above. That was 11 years ago.lol Today I am a Dr. even if I don't feel like one.Lol!

You don't feel like one?
If it is "Medical",I hope you aren't practicing?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Drella(m): 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
MrJavaS:
My problem with being in first class... especially first class lower (4.50 - 4.55) is that you'll always be afraid of dropping

First class lower...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by femi4: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Gaining admission into any tertiary institution comes with much expectations from an undergraduate student and his/her sponsors. Expectations like graduating with a first class honours degree, coming out as the best graduating student of the Department/Faculty/Institution etc.

As the journey begins, the work begins to achieve the goal of being the best in the academic pursuit, but in some cases the student can start realizing that he/she isn't really up to the task of being a first class student after getting to a certain level with different challenges which can lead to the student settling for whatever comes his/her way.

So, at what level in the University did you realize that you won't be graduating with a first class degree?
Before the first lecture. I deliberately wanted to see the other side of life
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by shigo20(m): 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
I knew that even before starting class. My target from day one is second class lower which i achieved with no single spillover. I didn't regret it because i have my reasons
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by HiideaConsole(m): 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2021
300L
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Ahmad62(m): 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Suspect33:
100l
rote igbo language in my GS courses when I'm not igbo, that was a bold F

2nd Semester, forgot books and focused on babes and hustle cool ,well the result isn't out yet but ...........

Compact tears loading... grin

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Codingenthusias: 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
dahgifted:
I'm currently in my second year in a state university, i just commenced 2nd semester and so far I've seen my 100 level results.
I've 3.00 in 100 level First semester and same 3.00 in second semester, I'm yet to see 200 level first semester result as i just resume second semester.
Can i still make 2nd class upper at the end?

Yeah but you'll have to work harder.

I got 2.67 as my 100lvl CGP. Ended up with 3.10 In my 200lvl and then in my 300lvl, I ended with 3.21. I'm in my final year right now, and my CGP is at 3.62. I just need to maintain my CGP and graduate with a 2:1.

So, you have a good chance of making a 2:1 than me sef

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Dollywood(m): 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
Genea:
Before I entered the university, I had already made up my mind that I wouldn't graduate with a FirstClass as I wouldn't put in the required reading effort. PS: I finished every semester and year with a CGPA of over a 4pt. Just didn't want it.

Abeg shut up.

3 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by GetMeRight: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
At the end of the second semester, 100 level.
I had 4.48 over 5.0 during the first semester, highest in the class. By the time the second semester results were released and I saw my cgpa, I knew I had lost the race, it dropped to 4.0
No one in my class graduate with first class

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by GetMeRight: 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
Brandonx:
Here to read lies!
Even whilst in high school I already knew first class isn’t for me and I turned out just fine.
Me that like enjoyment.

Is this your own lie? Lol
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Farid24224(m): 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
Maryjane001:
Mine was from 1st year. I got into my current course with the hope that I would be able to get into medicine from there. It turned out that it wasn't as easy as they said it would.
I needed to have a lot of right connections and have money to spend too. My parents would do anything so I could fulfill my dreams but I didn't want them to spend on something that might not work out if it doesn't turn out right. Writing another jamb was out of question as the nature of my parents' occupation won't give me time to read at home and i 'm so bad at multitasking (if I should write jamb while in school).

Besides I was the 1st out of five and didn't want my bills to hinder that of others. The burden on my parents was much so I decided to stay back. I never liked my current course in first year. It was so disorganized and burdensome. Was always taunted by people in other departments especially Pharmacy students cuz we did some courses together. Saw my dreams wither away but I m fine with it now.
Currently in my finals, hoping to finish with a 2.1.

God!!!

So me....This is just a copy of what am experiencing now..I wrote JAMB 2018 and registered for Medicine but got Physiology instead. From day one, I was disheartened because this Physiology of a course has no future.... And coupled with my strict university my point was very low since from day one...2.27 I read like never before but to no avail..Am currently a lvl300 student, I am no longer pushing myself like a mad man again..I just want to graduate from the university and keep trying for Medicine... Luckily am young. 19 years at level 300...Will be 20 during my final year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
AloyalNigerian:

Hi! Good evening
Hi... Good evening to you
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by chocboi78(m): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
300l first semester
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Brandonx(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
GetMeRight:

Is this your own lie? Lol
Where’s the lie ? From day one I knew first class wasn’t my calling.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Adjovi: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
Omo na 200 level 2nd semester o. Had f in bss 101 3 unit course in 100 level and also in bss 201 3 units again. God I hate maths ehn. I just managed my 2.1 dey go but made sure I graduated with 4.07 political science and international relations.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Fembleez1(m): 12:25am On Sep 19, 2021
At the beginning of 500L embarassed
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 19, 2021
lajid:
I just graduated, I really do hope I graduate with a first class.

I have maintained a first class from level 1 to level 4. Although I dropped out in second semester level 3, first time I was out of the first class zone (had 4.24 I think, devastating for me).

I entered my level 4 with a 4.59 CGPA, our final results are yet to be out but I was afraid because one course really gave me tough time, the lecturer didn’t help matters too.

It’s a 3 unit course and I think I might have a D (God forbid sha) but I’ve made peace with myself in case anything happens.

Although I’m hoping for the best. But I won’t lie, the thoughts of not getting a first class after the efforts is crazy. I even Had a 5.00 GPA in my level 1 second semester.

I just hope I graduate with a first class despite the trials. Our results will be out hopefully within the next two weeks so fingers crossed.
hmmm I like your spirit

Can we chat on whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by The5DME(m): 12:56am On Sep 19, 2021
airsaylongcome:
PostUME o
L ;Dbad guy
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 19, 2021
samuelpeters:

UNN right?

©️2021.
Yes
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by bmasz(m): 3:49am On Sep 19, 2021
I realized that first class was not for me just before my year one first semester examination.

When I saw the amount of reading people had to do to pass exams, and knowing who I am. Someone that hates stress. I just jejely opted out of that fantasy.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Sirmikky1(m): 5:24am On Sep 19, 2021
Been seeing the signs in 100L, second semester.
But the signs show wel wel in 200L, when we do ECN 201 test
I just lock up
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Genea(f): 6:56am On Sep 19, 2021
Dollywood:

Abeg shut up.
why you are so emotional, I don’t know. Probably it’s due to the fact that you are a f*ilure emotionally, physically and career wise. Don’t blame me for your life issues
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by h0pze3: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Gaining admission into any tertiary institution comes with much expectations from an undergraduate student and his/her sponsors. Expectations like graduating with a first class honours degree, coming out as the best graduating student of the Department/Faculty/Institution etc.

As the journey begins, the work begins to achieve the goal of being the best in the academic pursuit, but in some cases the student can start realizing that he/she isn't really up to the task of being a first class student after getting to a certain level with different challenges which can lead to the student settling for whatever comes his/her way.

So, at what level in the University did you realize that you won't be graduating with a first class degree?

immediately i got admission into the university
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Yungmil: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2021
First day in school undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christopher Ndubuisi Trains Youth On ICT, Donates Hundreds Of Laptops / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management / NECO Records Another Mass Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.