Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? (15133 Views)

What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by GeeBeeOfficial(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by oladipupo2234: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Even before i gain admission.

Not that i am intellectually lazy or dull, i just realized early in life that being wealthy has nothing to do with First class.

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Saaraalyn20: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Omo, na 300L oo when I see my first semester results and the drastic change it had on my cgpa. On God shaa las las we shall conquer ;�
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by TheLasyBuddha: 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
Personally, I didn't aim for a First-class degree because my department hardly awards that classification. I quickly aimed for the next best available price. Along the line, I cared less about being the best student because, as passionate I was towards my discipline and not my study, no one could compete.

I gave in extra hours to my studies and I loved every bit of it. I graduated as the best in my class and no one came close; not CGPA-wise but knowledge-wise.

In the end, it was never about being the best, it was about having fun with learning.

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by whippersnapper(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nna mehn
Omo na for orientation day. our dean tell us say for the history of the school since 1962 den never comot first class

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by genii96(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
Never, I was the valedictorian in my set
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Demigod22: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
I am in my second semester final year. My current CGPA is 4.42, but my 300 level second semester and 400 level first semester results are not out yet. I am still hoping if I can succeed, not for anything serious but for the fun of it.

3 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by BigDawsNet: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nwunwa:
why do you think it was best to keep it close to first class and not first actually

First class is great and cool

I'm not a genius, but I can achieve it.
I don't want to because it's going to take everything little from me...I mean!! I wouldn't be able to have one single experience or meet people or do anything special other than Extreme studies for good five years ....

Like I said first class is cool but it's won't determine your success or wealth in life...

Note: I graduated in good condition
My CGPA was very close to first class...and I was satisfy with it.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by AloyalNigerian(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
Doradorwa:
200lv first semester

I swear nah so I go night class like mad for 100lv but as time goes on, my zeal start to dey drop. Nah 400lv I dey now... I sha dey nuture my 2.1 like boiler , make he no drop.

Hi! Good evening
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by chidifrank(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
After my 4th cgpa.. I just kukuma decide to flex my final year jooo. At least
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by DamnnNiggarr: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
Suspect33:
100l

Wrote igbo language in my GS courses when I'm not igbo, that was a bold F

2nd Semester, forgot books and focused on babes and hustle cool ,well the result isn't out yet but ...........
are you a UNIZIK student?
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
What I set out to achieve, I achieved.
Negroes tried to distract...fish heads instigated with bitterness. I didn't flinch.

I got what I wanted and left in silence. grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by novaris(m): 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Gaining admission into any tertiary institution comes with much expectations from an undergraduate student and his/her sponsors. Expectations like graduating with a first class honours degree, coming out as the best graduating student of the Department/Faculty/Institution etc.

As the journey begins, the work begins to achieve the goal of being the best in the academic pursuit, but in some cases the student can start realizing that he/she isn't really up to the task of being a first class student after getting to a certain level with different challenges which can lead to the student settling for whatever comes his/her way.

So, at what level in the University did you realize that you won't be graduating with a first class degree?

I attended a federal polytechnic. My HND1 second semester result was so horrible that those who checked the result doubted whether its mine

how I went from getting the the highest G.P in first semester to the worst result in second semester is what I can never explain

i
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Bnladan(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Lamasta(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2021
My first semester GPA told me even if I befriend the VC I can never graduate with a first class again, I just chill work hard for 2.1

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by MsFaith: 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
300 level, and I was really scared that I won’t survive after school because of my lower grade.

Now look at me now. I still dey breathe.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by denvers: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
At 300 level second semester, close to my final year.
I observed that anything I do won't take me to that class of degree after working so hard.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Athemisia: 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Honestly,my first semester result that year almost make me quit school.....

Omo no be small... After many tutorials and night reading I even skip social events and lashing from babes only for baba to end up with 2.73 in first semester... Chai!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Dapson73(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Before I gained admission. The school/departmental history is clear enough.

1 Like

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Athemisia:

Omo no be small... After many tutorials and night reading I even skip social events and lashing from babes only for baba to end up with 2.73 in first semester... Chai!! cheesy
grin grin grin Chaiiii,e no easy oh grin

3 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Tonyx5(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
During my main stream at all nation university Accra Ghana when I saw my collegue solving a question with 3 full scarf paper and I have gotten my answer at just half page then I heard d lecturer screaming don't just give me the answer break down to the minimum level that when I gave up
Full scarf bawo grin

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by izubext007: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
1st semester. After my first test.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by samuelpeters(m): 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
arthurwillia:
Lol imagine person wey carry 4.4 enter 400l still get 4.47 in the end! Guy school tire me
That your school no try oh...

E better make i graduate with 4.0 than nearly first class.

©️2021.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by samuelpeters(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
[quote author=Maryjane001 post=105946987][/quote]
UNN right?

©️2021.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by TheWolfen(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
When first semester result came out because I no like maths. Las las graduated with second class.. Thank God
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by ismodiwa(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
After scoring C in six unit IT
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by DonEvarest(m): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
princeraymi:
I discovered I won't be graduating with a first class after my 400L results came out, I cried like a baby that day. I was really disappointed.
this exactly is my experience. Saw my 400l results last week. Dropped my 4.42 to 4.39. Despite the unalloyed efforts I made to improve on the CGP. But, I guess public Unis just have aversion for good grades. I've settled not to kill myself with studies again but combine it with side hustles.. Wish I had this resolution since 200l, since Las Las, Na 2'1 go still show.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Toks2008(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lol!

That never crossed my mind for a sec.
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Maconstruct(m): 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
After final year paper, dats when I knew how to calculate CGPA
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by lajid: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
I just graduated, I really do hope I graduate with a first class.

I have maintained a first class from level 1 to level 4. Although I dropped out in second semester level 3, first time I was out of the first class zone (had 4.24 I think, devastating for me).

I entered my level 4 with a 4.59 CGPA, our final results are yet to be out but I was afraid because one course really gave me tough time, the lecturer didn’t help matters too.

It’s a 3 unit course and I think I might have a D (God forbid sha) but I’ve made peace with myself in case anything happens.

Although I’m hoping for the best. But I won’t lie, the thoughts of not getting a first class after the efforts is crazy. I even Had a 5.00 GPA in my level 1 second semester.

I just hope I graduate with a first class despite the trials. Our results will be out hopefully within the next two weeks so fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by snoopz: 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2021
The day I got my admission message...
English education grin grin
Re: At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree? by Suspect33(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
are you a UNIZIK student?
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apply For Free Tuition In Sweden Without Toefl,ielts / 10 Crazy Things We Do During Examination Period / Anambra University Lecturer Gives Free Textbooks To Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.