Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,725 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ (712 Views)

Christ, Not Trump, Is The Solid Rock On Which We Stand / Father Mbaka Catches His Impostor, Disgraces Him In His Church (Video, Photos) / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ

Jesus said:

Matthew 16:18 (KJV)

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So Jesus built His church upon a solid rock which made it impossible for the devil to be able to prevail against it. And Jesus also said he that keeps His Sayings is like a house built upon a rock.

Luke 6:46-48 (KJV)

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

So just like it was with His church, the devil who represented the storms and flood that beat vehemently against the house, could not prevail against the man who kept His Words because He was "founded upon a rock".

And the disciples of Jesus who He use to found His church, were as the wise man who kept His Word hence the devil couldn't prevail against him despite all his attempts, because according to Jesus, they had also kept His Word!

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

The Word (of Jesus) which God gave to Jesus that His disciples had kept is the Law of Christ, hence the Law of Christ was the rock upon which He built His church that made it to be rock-solid and impossible for the devil to prevail against.

To ensure that the church remained as rock-solid as He made it to be, and not diminished or be weakened even after He left, He instructed His disciples to also teach all men to also keep the same Law of Christ.

Matthew 28:20 (KJV)

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The reason the church has become much weakened and diminished from how invincible it was when Jesus built it, that the devil could prevail nothing against it regardless of how he tried, is because they have deviated from the Law of Christ which made the church to be rock-solid.

It's for this reason the devil was able to come into the church and sow his own 'tares' among the 'wheat".

If the church really wants to become rock-solid again as it was when Jesus built it, it needs to go back to the Law of Christ and start keeping it again as the disciples of Christ did then.

That's the only way it can get its invincibility to the devil back!

God bless.
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by chatinent: 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
Nice one..but do you know Jesus was against pharisees and..especially, fake Jesuses who don't mind calling themselves Jesus Junior?
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:21am On Jul 11, 2021
chatinent:
Nice one..but do you know Jesus was against pharisees and..especially, fake Jesuses who don't mind calling themselves Jesus Junior?
True Jesus was against the pharisees... He even called them "children of the devil" because they couldn't comprehend His speech, and hence wanted to stone Him because according to them He made Himself equal with God. John 8:44

That sounds like what you JWs do, as you've reduced Him to the level of angel Michael who is a servant of Jesus and would even stone Him if He dare says He's God, so do you know that you JWs are actually the ones like the pharisees who Jesus was against?

Jesus was never against anyone that called himself by His name, that does the Will of God, and preaches His Word in compliance with the instruction He gave His disciple. Jesus even called them His brothers. Matthew 12:50

So please stop using the name of Jesus to lie because that's what Jesus is actually against.
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by AntiChristian: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2021
Law of Jesus vs Law of Moses
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
AntiChristian:
Law of Jesus vs Law of Moses
Law of Mohammed = 73 different Islamic sects.
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by AntiChristian: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Law of Mohammed = 73 different Islamic sects.

Sorry, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam does not have a law. Allah is the law maker!
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

Sorry, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam does not have a law. Allah is the law maker!

Whatever... = 73 different sects! that's all that matters.
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by AntiChristian: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Whatever... = 73 different sects! that's all that matters.

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given!
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

That’s a nice thought, but has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Christianity is more than just Roman Catholics and Baptists and Methodists, Presbyterian, 7days Adventists, Anglican, Redeem and maybe a few more—there are now 45,000 denominations, and Christianity is fragmenting at a rate of two new denominations per day.

Has any prayer failed more spectacularly? Jesus said ask and you shall be given Mathew 7:7.

But here Jesus asked but was not given!

Your one Law of/by prophet Mohammed = 73 different sects.

Now how's that not the perfect illusration of the spirit of confusion going by your own logic?
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by AntiChristian: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Your one Law of/by prophet Mohammed = 73 different sects.

Now how's that not the perfect illusration of the spirit of confusion going by your own logic?

Chai! Diversion tactics!
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:09am On Jul 13, 2021
AntiChristian:

Chai! Diversion tactics!
Oh you're now tired?

Next time you'd carry the mountain in your eyes and come and point at the mole in the eyes of others.
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by AntiChristian: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Oh you're now tired?

Next time you'd carry the mountain in your eyes and come and point at the mole in the eyes of others.

Ah! This guy is so local!

You are diverting the convo!
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Re: The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2021

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Power In The Bible It Just A History Book. Politician Osofo Abasom / There Is Nothing Like A Liberal Muslim. / A Crowd Of Spirits Follow Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.