Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (9034 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 6:54am On Jan 03, 2008
@lai-lai and Akin alabi,
A coach can only win the world cup when he is coaching a national team. You cant expect Fergie or Hitzfeld to win the world cup with Bayern Munich or Manchester

United do you.National team coaches can not be rated alongside club coaches. Onigbinde stands a better chance of winning the world cup in 2002 than Fergie, Hitzfeld ,

Capello and Ancellotti put together. Is it that hard to put together?

@ Akin Alabi,
Bob Paisley is surely better than them based on that. Do you know of Detmmar Crammer who won 2 UCL with Bayern Munich in 1975 and 1976? Stefan Kovacs who won twice with Ajax in 1972 and 1973? but for now we are talking about coaches that are still active.

@ Jackal,

Ferguson sucks big time right now!! and that is a fact. His football depends on players brilliance and he does not have any streak of intelligence in him. He just stay

by the line and chew his cud ( what scientist call regurgitation) man Utd is so boring to watch that lots of people find The man Utd on PS more exciting than the one

in real life. Against West ham the game was so drab that everyone slept off I thought I was the only one till I saw fans at Old Trafford against Birmingham snoring

heavily, eating popcorn a lot of them said there were better ways of spending the new year than getting tortured by Sir Alex Faggotson.

The fans are so frustrated that they can't cheer the team see http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=495015&cc=5739.

Faggotson has obviously lost it (well he never had it). Man Utd spent Millions on Anderson and Nani who are on rampage raping everything in sight.

Millions on Tevez while liverpool got mascherano without drama. millions on Hargreaves an insignificant part of Bayern's team.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by lailai2(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2008
i have lost my respect for u, dayokanu, too much blasphemies about manu

@topic
the topic says best 'football coach' not best 'club football coach'. is it our business hitzfield and ferguson did not coach a national team, it also means a coach like gareth southgate is on their level because he too has not had a chance to coach a team to the world cup which is the ultimate prize

and i've been shouting lippi since, u haven't said anything about him, won the ultimate trophies for both club and international football, beat that
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2008
@ lai-lai,
Blasphemies?? Can you point to one statement that is not true? man Utd is a good club probably one of the best among the second rate clubs in European football. The elites are Madrid, Milan, Liverpool, Munich and Ajax. These are clubs very rich in history and tradition check the players that have played for them. The second rate are Barcelona, Inter, Man Utd, Juventus, Benfica, Porto, e.t.c
Madrid- Zidane, Figo, Puskas, Di Stefano. etc
Milan - Van Basten, Gullit, Maldini, Baresi e.t.c
Pool- Keegan,
Munich- Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Matthaus, Rumminegge etc
Ajax- Cryuff, Neeskens, Rijkaard e.t.c
LEGENDS

Lippi is a good coach a very good one. I still maintain a coach can only win the world cup if he coaches a national team why should Mourinho, Hitzfeld, Benitz and Ancellotti leave their plum club jobs for the national team. I cant expect perreira, Scolari or berti Vogts to win the Champions league. Would you say Onigbinde is better than Wenger because the former has coached at the world cup? You would only use the right Barometer to measure each coach.

I repeat Lippi won the world cup and he deserves respect for that, but you can only table his club performances when you want to compare him with other club coaches I remember Lippi winning in Juventus and left for Inter spent millions in Inter(Vieri for a world record fee) and couldn't win anything when he was interviewed by the press He was asked what would he do if he was the owner/management and he replied that he would sack the coach 24 hours later he got sacked.

I know so much about Lippi he got to 3 UCL finals consecutively so dont think I dont know him but comparing him to Hitzfeld , he is a shade behind.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by lailai2(m): 8:04am On Jan 03, 2008
i tot we've agreed that the world cup was the ultimate trophy, now u see no reason why them mourinho should leave their posts?

don't worry, i'm no more arguing on that topic becos i know the dream of all professionals is to achieve the highest they can in thier area of expertise, nice chattin wit u.

but what makes munich 1st rate and barca 2nd rate, are u just pickin a representative from each country?
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2008
Check the number of Champions league all of them have won and you would see what makes an elite club at least 4 trophies. and what makes a second rate club 2 trophies
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by lailai2(m): 8:40am On Jan 03, 2008
i can see u are really obsessed with the champions league,

so who made the classification 1st rate - 4 trophies, 2nd rate - 2 trophies, let me guess - u abi?
psychologists say people make abstract classifications to make themselves feel better about things they feel other people are ignorant about, i too do it sometimes so i can understand why u rate them such, its all good
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2008
@lai-Lai,
Okay rate them the way you want and they would always be in that order UCL is the best and biggest club competition in Europe.

I mean Man Utd, Juventus, Inter would always be behind the big boys, Real, Milan, Liverpool, Bayern, Ajax etc
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2008
@lai-lai,
Rumour has it that Bayern are on the verge of naming Marcelo Lippi as their coach according to the Italian Media. That shows a club with ambition
see
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=533523
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Its official: You are the biggest schlepp on this forum with ur moronic and spastic comments.
I cannot phatom out why a big-headed monkey like u can spew all these fuckery----you must be an autistic patient.
For Bleep's Sake . . . . .How can any idiot say Hitzfeld is a better manager than Ferguson or Marcello Lippi. . . . are u insane?

Shoot!!!! Shitzfeld was recruited last season to help Bayern secure UEFA Champions league slot, and he FAILED to secure it.
Let it be known he had 4 months to turn things around but the idiot couldn't . . . .Lil wonder he is leaving in May . . .His tactical acumen is Zilch.
Just because he won 2 UCL titles doesn't place him above Ferguson, Lippi or Ancellotti . . . He is the weakest amongst em elite managers.

Ferguson's title haul is the best by a thousand miles . . . .show me any manager that has won more titles than Fergie and i will end this convo with u.
SAF won and won and won and he is still winning . . . .The only manager that stood and broke Chelsea's dominance in the EPL.
Comparing individual head to head between Shitzfeld and Fergie even shows your brain is functioning on a single digit IQ.
Alan Curbishley has beaten Ferguson 3 times in a row with West Ham . . . .OMG, Curbishley is better than Fergie.(thats the way u sound).
Lemme know the outcome of your psycho-evaluation test . . . .U bloody nincompoop.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2008
For your info Bayern is a club with ambition they are going for Marcelo Lippi cos they are gunning for the UCL but Mn Utd would stay with a senile idiot for 22 years (before Anderson was born) and give them 1 UCL
Faggotson and Hitzfeld the moment gay can get to UCL final he would die of a seizure. Hitzfeld is on top of his League the Bundesliga and Faggotson is not top despite looting the treasury to buy players compare that to what the table topper in your league spent. When mourinho spent money he won the league.

faggotson has succeeded in hoodwinking Scumite into believing that EPL is enough a trophy shallow minds!!!!!

CURBISHLEY GIVEN THE KIND OF RESOURCES WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE PERFORMED BETTER THAN gay So why wont Ladan Bosso?

N.B Jackal , Go to the nearest vet doctor to take your monthly Anti rabies. You are 8 months due.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hitzfeld is on top of his League the Bundesliga and Faggotson is not top despite looting the treasury to buy players compare that to what the table topper in your league spent. When mourinho spent money he won the league.

Those who will win the league will be known by the end of the season, not when its half way.

When mourinho spent money he won the league.
whats this? isnt Fergie the defending champions of the EPL? was Mourinho dead that time?
are you insane or what?

@topic
by what Akin Alabi has posted, my verdicts

1) Marcelo Lippi
2) SAF
3) Hitzfield

Lippi cos he has won everything!!!
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Nairaland's resident retard, when will u stop smoking ur missus' pubic hair?
One UCL title in the last 22 years . . .Its remarkable if u think Ferguson has to win in the most competitive league in the world.
We are talking about a manager who is yet to finish below the top 3 in the 15 years of the Premiership and has won it 9 times.
Ferguson has spent millions . . .why shouldn't he? He made the money for Man Utd so he is entitled to spend HIS OWN MONEY.
This is a manager that turned Man Utd from a relegation-bound team to the most succesful club in the world . . .need i say more?

U also seem to have forgotten Man Utd are the champions and will retain the title.
I have told u several times to sort ur failing nervous system who has made u the laughing stock on the sports section.
What has Shitzfeld turned Bayern into since joining in Feb? Why is he leaving at the end of the season? grin grin grin grin
U gast to be ashamed of urself, u lamer . . .I still dunno the kinda virus affecting ur brains . . .
It seems the older u get . . . .the dumber u become.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by holythug(m): 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2008
seun will b a good 1 if he was a coach
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ TKB,
What is the rationale for putting SAF ahead of Hitzfeld if I may ask obviously not for any logical reason.

Those who would win the league would be known at the end of the season Agreed But why are the fans at OT so disgruntled. Man utd is so boring to watch the fergie had to complain.

@ The most exciting league it has never been the most competitive league when the top 4 are as predictable as December 25 would be Xmas.

Hitzfeld joined Bayern in February and at the end of the year bayern is topping the Bundesliga. In his European night he eliminated Real Madrid for the umpteenth time

What has faggotson done in 22 years winning that local trophy. mourinho came there and won it at first attempt what he could not do in Portugal to show how competitive the EPL is.

Jackal I still maintain, go and take your anti rabies shot you have been avoiding that stuff for the past 8 months
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2008
mourinho came there and won it at first attempt what he could not do in Portugal to show how competitive the EPL is.
yeah right!!! Mourinho will win the Bundesliga at first attempt at Bayern. Dont you think so?
he had the resources to fight for the EPL and he won. No storiez

Rationale behind putting SAF ahead of Hitzfield??
Read Akin alabi's posts. I based my judgement on the comparison between the duo( All Trophies won)
Simple

In terms of competitiveness, the EPL is better than the Bundesliga. Innit?
we all know Bayern are the uncrowned champions, but presently in the EPL, four teams are competing.

In the La liga, just two are competing, in the Seria A, only Inter is in the fray shocked shocked shocked

So, how on earth do you think the EPL isnt the most competitive league in the world? Arsenal isnt sure of winning yet with United, Chelsea and Liverpool trailing. I'm sure Bayern will fancy Werder trailing them than having United, Chelsea and Liverpool trailing grin grin grin
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

U are a bloody ninny.
So u want to compare the bottomless resources Jose had when he joined the Prem to what Ferguson had in 1986?
Its now official, u are the dumbest sonofabitch on this forum.
What should one expect . . . . .rational thinking is impossible with a retard like u.

Ferguson is the most successful coach in the world.
He has the highest collection of titles in the world and managers are judged on the number of titles they have won.
Hitzfeld joined Bayern in February and he couldn't take the team to the UCL . . . This gaffer must be good.
What is to say Shitzfeld would win by MAY 2008?
You are so spastic its not true . . . . .The only word that fits ur behaviour in the last 30 days is . . . . LUMMOX.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2008
Bottomless resources

fergie spent Millions on players Nanny, Anderson, Hargreaves, tevez he has not business losing to City, West ham and co. No doubt Faggotson is the coach with

most local laurels but Trophies that matter are scant in his cabinet. Thats why the fans are so frustrated that after all that signing that is the best they could get.

Man Utd are on the trail of Ladan Bosso to take over from the ailing, senile, cud chewing self acclaimed gay.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2008
Bottomless resources

fergie spent Millions on players Nanny, Anderson, Hargreaves, tevez he has not business losing to City, West ham and co. No doubt Faggotson is the coach with

most local laurels but Trophies that matter are scant in his cabinet. Thats why the fans are so frustrated that after all that signing that is the best they could get.

Man Utd are on the trail of Ladan Bosso to take over from the ailing, senile, cud chewing self acclaimed gay.

according to what Akin Alabi posted, SAF has got european titles more than Shitzfield!!!
are you for real or just kidding?

losing to City and blah blah grin grin grin you wont kill me with lafter. will that stop United from winning the EPL?
But, chill losing to city and Bolton shoudnt give you concerns. Your arguments have always been that United always fumble playing in europe. innit? this time, we havent lost in europe!! are you just tryin to ignore that FACT!!
we had the highest number of points at the prelims!!!
Isnt that better than your City and Bolton shits? tell me
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

Jose Mourinho spent 300 million pounds and lost the Prem title last season.
Whats more? He lost to Boro, Spurs and Liverpool so does that mean he is not a good manager?
Are u this idiotic? How many teams has AC MILAN lost to this season? Does that mean Ancellotti is a wack manager?
I have told u times without number that ur IQ is functioning on a single digit IQ . . . .
Matter of fact, i will place ur IQ below 5 which is equivalent to that of a cockroach.

Most local laurels? Hahahahaha I am having a laugh.
He has won more continental and intercontinental titles than Shitzfeld?
Ferguson has won everything in club competition . . . . .He is miles better than Shitzfeld even though Mr Shitzfeld won 2 UCLs.
He has 9 league titles in 15 Premiership season . . . . . the closest to him is Wenger with 3 titles.
Comparing Fergie to Shitzfeld is an insult to the Scot . . . . .
Ma advice: Tell Shitzfeld to come to OT and learn under Ferguson.
While you are it, stop smoking ur woman's pubic hair . . . . .Seems u smoke lice with the hair and its making ur mouth dribble fuckery.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2008
Once again, let's compare the trophies both Sir Alex
and Ottmar Hitzfeld have won so the neutrals can draw
their own conclusions.

I reckon that is better than talking from morning till
night. If anyone says Hitzfield is better with this record,
so be it.

League Tiltles

Hitzfeld: 10 times. 2 with Grasshoppers, 2 with FC Basle, 2
with Borussia Dortmund and 4 with Bayern Munich.

Sir Alex: 12 times. 3 with Aberdeen and 9 with Manchester United.

Champions League

Hitzfeld: 2 times. 1 with Borussia Dortmund and 1 with Bayern
Munich.

Sir Alex: 1 time. With Manchester United.

Intercontinental Cup

Hitzfeld: 1 time. With Bayern Munich

Sir Alex: 1 time. With Manchester United

European Super Cup

Hitzfield: Zero.

Sir Alex: 2 times. 1 with Aberdeen, 1 with Manchester United

European Winners Cup

Hitzfield: Zero.

Sir Alex: 2 times. 1 with Aberdeen, 1 with Manchester United

Domestic Cup (Called FA Cup In England)

Hitzfield: 5 times.[/b]1 with Aarau, 2 with Grasshoppers, 2 with
Bayern Munich.

[b]Sir Alex: 9 times.
4 times with Aberdeen and 5 times with
Manchester United.

Like I said, neutrals can draw their own conclusions.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by tkb417(m): 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
the onlly place Shitzfield is better is the UCL.
SAF is better on other areas. . .SAF is the best grin grin grin

im neutral
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

There's nuthing to draw here. . . .
Fergie beats Shitzfeld hands down.
Only an idiot like Dayokanu would say Shitzfeld is a better manager than Ferguson.
Thanx for even letting us know Ferguson has won more EUROPEAN TITLES than Shitzfeld.
I started RESPECTING Ferguson when he broke into the "Auld Firm" schitzo in Scotland . . . . .
Winning the Scottish league with Aberdeen is like Sunderland winning the Premiership and silencing Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea.
Ferguson is god.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by holythug(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
but 4get it morinho was a very good coach
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by lordimpaq(m): 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
@holy thug

that is a very funny name,

can a thug be holy, ??

nice one there by the way,
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2008
There is no thing as big as winning the UCL with first timers Dortmund. Despite all the money Mourinho had in Chelsea he couldnt win UCL . Same with gooners

He had to instill a winning mentality into Dortmund who have never won before.

TKB,
Hitzfeld is better in the UCL which is the best and biggest trophy in club football.

Hitzfeld cant win winners cup because cos he never got to play in it.

Real and AC are the biggest team in Europe why? The number of winners cup? or Super Cup or Intercontinental? Obviously not The NUMBER OF UCL TROPHIES stands you out.
Juve, Inter, Barca and Valencia have won 3 UEFA cups; Barca has won 4 Winners cup but just 2 UCL whilst Real, AC, Bayern and Pool have won less UEFA and Winners

but are all bigger than Barca figure that out jerk!!!!
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by shiznit(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2008
Hitzfeld is tha Shiznit!!! shocked shocked shocked

With 1st timers!!!!! How did he do it?

He did it twice at a dif club again? Now why can't Mourinho do that with all da money?

His profile is excellent.
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by shiznit(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2008
[size=14pt]But Arsene Wenger is still da best[/size]. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by ritchboy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
damnn, yall bin on dis hitzfeld/fergie ish since mandela was still president
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by akinalabi(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
dayokanu:

There is no thing as big as winning the UCL with first timers Dortmund. Despite all the money Mourinho had in Chelsea he couldnt win UCL .

Like he did not win it with Porto. Where
was the money at Porto.

The truth is that things happen in cup competetions. One
mistake and you're out. It's not necessarily a yardstick
for measuring the best team at a particular time.

Rafa won it in his debut season at Liverpool. Got to the
final again last season yet we all know he doesn't have
the best team in England.

Liverpool fans are frustrated. Rafa can win the Champions
League every season for all they care.

HE MUST DELIVER THE PREMIERSHIP!
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by lailai2(m): 1:41am On Jan 04, 2008
dayokanu, so u are a bayern supporter, no wonder, u should have told me earlier
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Jan 04, 2008
@Akinalabi,

A cup competition is the ultimate test of superiority one mistake and you are out. That is why cup competitions are more prestigious. wonder why the world cup is more important than qualifiers? In the world cup, you have to hold your cool and be consistent in qualifiers you can lose some games and still win.

Porto has it in them. They have a tradition of winning cos they have won it before. Its easier for a cash strapped Porto to win than for Money bags; Arsenal or Chelsea to win the Holy Grail.

There is nothing as difficult as winning a trophy for the first time i.e Breaking the Jinx. That is why only an elite group of countries have won and would continue to

win the world cup. Despite all attempts and exceptional players Holland has they have not won it.

Do you remember how many attempts it took a Nigerian club to win the Caf Champions league/Sekou Toure cup?

Why do you think Chelsea, Arsenal are always falling short while the likes of Real (2000), AC(2007), and Liverpool(2005) even when they are shambolic still get to finals and win.

Check it when was the last time a club won the UCL for the first time, 1997 Dortmund and Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Ask yourself why did Benitez has not been sacked? cos he won the UCL something Man Utd can only manage once every 31 years. Thats why liverpool fans

would always ask Mancs "Where were you at Istanbul?" and they would always put up 5 fingers as against Man Utd's 2.

@ Lai-Lai, I am a Bayern supporter didn't you notice my signature? Do you know that Marcelo Lippi is being tipped by the Italian press to take over from Hitzfeld at

Bayern? That is why we have big teams and upcoming teams the BIG team do hesitate to sack anyone. Real sacked capello despite winning the league, Sacked del

Bosque, despite winning several titles. Milan has sacked a lot of coaches from Fatih Terim, to Zaccheroni, to Capello, Bayern also Trapatoni, Hitzfeld and Magath

but some ambition less clubs like Man Utd, Auxerre and Arsenal would stick to an underperfoming coach for centuries. tongue tongue

Which team do you support?
Re: Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? by Jackal(m): 11:45am On Jan 04, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

If STUPIDITY is selling at 1 pesewa each, u are a trillionaire in GB POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your breath, sweats and odour reek of the best quality of STUPIDITY.
Rafa will be sacked if he fails to deliver the Premiership this season . . . .Thats a known fact.

Benitez might have won 50 UCL but that cannot save his job.
Man Utd made money as EPL champions than AC Milan that won UCL so u can shove the HOLY GRAIL up your asses.
Blimey. . . . Sheffield United made more money RELEGATING in the EPL than AC Milan who won the UCL so u can draw your inference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Neymar To Extend Stay At PSG, Wants Mbappe To Do The Same / Football Pools Fixtures || ukfootballpools.com / Free Games ( Select Wisely And Play Save)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.