Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . (12621 Views)

What Skills Can A Sickle Cell Patient Acquire That Can Fetch Him Good Money / What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Electrical Engineering Aquire To Boost . / Elect/elect And Mechatronics Engineering Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by shegzhkn: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Oh.
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by GoodBoi1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Learn to code and build web application, learn software development
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by seunny4lif(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
grin grin
Best advice cheesy
ignis:
Don't be deceived by the heavy name "Mechatronic Engineering". I advice you to humble yourself and attach yourself to any good road side mechanic in your street and learn under him.
That is what will put food on your table and not big grammars.

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by thekingofafrica: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
ignis:
Don't be deceived by the heavy name "Mechatronic Engineering". I advice you to humble yourself and attach yourself to any good road side mechanic in your street and learn under him.
very mumu advise
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by kennylesy122(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

What can I do as an undergraduate student studying Mechatronics Engineering to augment my resumé?
Any professional courses, certifications??

Mine just dey there

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by everythinggirly(f): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nice one
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by abike12(f): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
look into coding and artificial intelligence courses online. do you plan to leave the country at some point?
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by malkomchris: 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
Auto Mechanic
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Dpaulie(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
ignis:
Baba.. you be realist
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by ogododo: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

What can I do as an undergraduate student studying Mechatronics Engineering to augment my resumé?

Mechatronics is already an AI space, Data Science, Mechanics and so on. Your future is bright. Join the Aerospace organisation.

5 Likes

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by seunla84: 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Dechief:
There's these institute in Lagos call iit they run 6months intensive automation programme.. they also have the one year part time programme. The training n certification is 650k.. you will have an hands on experience or u can intern in brewery industries as and get free training in automation.. but to be frank start thinking of ways you can generate money for your self this will make u independent and able to face the Nigerian economy and also have small funds to follow your dreams.. Goodluck

I agree with this 100%. As an Automation Engineer with more than 10years experience, try and pursue course in automation and instrumentation. But if you can't afford IIT for now, u can buy courses on udemy.com

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Deicide: 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
The answer to everything Na programing
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by jimmyjohn: 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
[quote author=Christology post=103588386]

[Am studying mechatronics as well.

The area of specialization in mechatronics is vast.
1) Embedded systems and field busses
2) Logical control and automation
3) Mechatronic drives, Actuators, and simulation
4) Cryptography and Digital hardware design
5) Robotics and production
6) Applied machine learning and design of experiments.

So, you can make your choice depending on where your passion is.

But know this, if you are good, bro travel to where your skills will be appreciated. Peace.
]

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Writercruze: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
It's a good thing you are realistic to yourself. I would advise you to learn copywriting and other digital marketing skills. It will go a long way to help you in your career. Gone are those days when engineers work in oil and gas companies, manufacturing companies, et al.

There's a paradigm shift. There's a new job description in the engineering niche today, and it's called Sales Engineer.

In its simplest term, a sales engineer is someone who sells products and services for a scientific, technical, and engineering company. Interestingly, to succeed in this niche, you need to have a blend of sales and engineering skills.

The beauty of being a sales engineer is that you aren't exposed to the everyday hazard engineers face. But because of your technical background, you can easily bring in some real figures (in terms of cash) to the company.

There are several companies in Nigeria that would employ you without stress once you have sales skills as an Engineer. We are looking at companies like SKF, BOSCH, ABB, etc. In fact, there are many engineering companies out there that would pay you very well as a sales engineer.

Then again, if you don't want to be a sales engineer, being a copywriter would help you to sell anything to anybody including a politician that just lost election. I mean anything to anybody.

Trust me, if you learn copywriting skills and you are good at it, you will 'NEVER' be broke in your life...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Echowas: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
Try and learn AutoCAD
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by KrazyDave16(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Look for something to do first. This will make your resume look good.

Secondly, Artificial Intelligence is a field you should go into as a second degree or get certifications.

If you're done, go hunting on international grounds, especially countries in Europe or Asia.
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
Betensure:
grin. Pick up your device and start a Phishing Career…..made $2000 since I started….though not a financial advise
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by lapazi(m): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Embedded programming

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Kingpin1000: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
ignis:
Oga oil dey your head.. those roadside mechanics even make money more than some engineers working in some companies.
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by EngrXrix(m): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Instrumentation and controls, plc

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Kenzboi1(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
If you can do your IT in brewery it'll really help.
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by crafteck(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Ahmed4002(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Artificial intelligence.
Python
Auto CAD
Excel

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Officer4: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

www.raiNIGERIA.com/available-courses

thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by anyilalaz: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
Tdotbluejays:
Programming and learn about automation HMI with PLCs

Precisely what, PLC: Ladder diagrams , function blocks diagram etc In the industries most popular : Allen Bradley plc , Siemens plc
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by vickydevoka(m): 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2021
Betensure:
grin. Pick up your device and start a Phishing Career…..made $2000 since I started….though not a financial advise
Wic one is phishing
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by pjmoa(m): 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
Betensure:

Can you drop your details?
Like whatsappp
I want us to talk please
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by Betensure: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
pjmoa:

Can you drop your details?
Like whatsappp
I want us to talk please
About?
Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by BigDawsNet: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Go and learN A.I and Algorithm if you wanna make it big with this field

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by martinsaba: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Learn programming meshed with artificial intelligence, you are then good with robotics. At masters level, go for embedded systems or microelectronics or photonics. R&d Jobs will chase you

2 Likes

Re: What Skills Can An Undergraduate In Mechatronics Engineering Aquire To Boost . by madridsta007(m): 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
Christology:

Python.
R.
Simulation Modelling & on WITNESS or MATLAB
Big Data Analytical tools for multilevel modelling and analysis- Mathematica or STATA (would advise Stata).
Then your good old Advanced Excel and SPSS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Memoir Of A Job-seeker: A Nairalander’s Job Search Experience / 4,000 Ghost Voters Participated In NBA Election - South-West Lawyers' Forum / Plant Sciencists And Biotechnologists, Wat Career Opportunity Do Dey Ave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.