Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award (60311 Views)

Euro 2020 Golden Boot Standings: Who Are The Top Scorers? / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by paulolee(m): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2021
Ruben225571:

Unah go just de talk!!!
If they give Messi, nah Cheating be that oooo!!

I know very well, they would update ballon de ro list again” why would they give Messi? Cos of cops America?

At it stand..Chelsea Jorginho has more edge this year than Messi!! Fact!!

Cos he won champion league and euro cup this year at the same time — He’s the brain behind the midfielder at club and country aka Italy and Chelsea

Kante would have won if France was the winner of the Euro cup!

To be frank.. giving Messi would be unfair but who am to talk about UEFA Son grin
guy no even start dis argument....jorginho wey flop yesterday by losing dt penalty??
even Mancini self go vote for messi....Jorginho fit jus de among d finalist as a reward for his trophies
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by paulolee(m): 9:12am On Jul 12, 2021
senchibi:

When My ronaldo my Ronaldo won the euros against all odds, where were you ? Remember cr7 is not just the top scorer of this year's euro. He is the all time top scorer since the inception of the euros tournament. He didn't need to bribe his friend in Brazil to let him finally win after years of mediocrity. Let's tell ourselves the truth. Neymar had a good run more than your growth hormone( clone ) induced man
this guys cnt stop amusing me...messi bribed neyma to win d copa?
neyma with less goals n assist had a good run than messi dt with more n won d copa? see Wetin hate dey do all of una

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by paulolee(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2021
kennyamusan:
7th balloon door u mean , because I wonder where u placed De Debruyne and Ngolo Kante
those names no go even reach top3....thier best bet was with country football n dey flopped
kdb dt was badly affected with injury in UCL finals n left wen city needed him?? or na kante dt was exposed in euros after all d ucl hype?? guy talk anoda tin jhare

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Kingcalls: 9:15am On Jul 12, 2021
maxwell530:
calm down, Messi scored only 1 PK in the Copa,the screenshot in which she's showing Messi scored ok against Chile was world cup qualifier and not Copa, Argentina played Chile twice in 3 weeks.

Whats it with penalties...y are they so pained... like penalty is easy... last night, half of the 10 penalties were missed .... penalty is a skilled attribute.... the pressure playing it and expectation of fans.... talking about free kicks, its not pressuring cos expectancy is pretty low

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by charlesm91(m): 9:17am On Jul 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

U cant compare that useless tournament with the euros..euros na World Cup level... copa , the most disorganised tournament in the world...if them no invite other countries from other tournament to complete them , them go change host country within days of to start...dem no de play extra time ... what the 4k is 5 teams doing in a group stage with 4 qualifying.... nonsense cup that loosers were celebrating with winners like say na exhibition match.... European are proud of their Euros and the great players that have won need , brag about winning it... but South American starts dont even brag about it.... who was the tournament top scorer in the last tournament, I bet u dont know... a tournament that they plays 4 times in 6 yrs grin grin grin... this is one thing I see say Africa better pass
hehe...i dey suspect Neymar and co after that match. be like say them just say oya Messi carry thyis one make we no stress you. i won't be surprised the copa would be held every 4 years now that Messi has won. But still, congrats to Messi tho.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by HoluGraze: 9:18am On Jul 12, 2021
Numerouno94:
Penaldians hv finally got something to console themselves with. gringrin

If penalty is easy by now you wouldn't have hear a word again because of England ������� noise

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by maxwell530(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

Whats it with penalties...y are they so pained... like penalty is easy... last night, half of the 10 penalties were missed .... penalty is a skilled attribute.... the pressure playing it and expectation of fans.... talking about free kicks, its not pressuring cos expectancy is pretty low
nothing concern me with who score or miss penalty...the reason I quoted you is to correct the screenshot she's posting about Messi scoring PK against Chile in Copa.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by richie240: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2021
joelbooks:
Penaldo

Three penalties
lolz...e easy??
That same 'ordinary penalty' did england in. If they had 5 penalty takers like cr7, they'll not be weeping as we speak. cool

Respect must be given to whom its due: with d records (past and present), its clear dt he us not an ordinary human being. Same goes for messi.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Kingcalls: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2021
henryozil:

Since 2006 World Cup till the last edition, Europe have been the champions and have more World Cups than their southern counterparts

When the south Americans dominated was in the 50s, 60s and thats because of the WW 2 aftermath that hit Europe.... only 3 South American teams hv ever appeared in a world Cup final...

Germany
ITALY
ENGLAND
FRANCE
SPAIN
CROATIA
NETHERLANDS
Hungary
Sweden
Czechoslovakia

Its just like comparing Afcon to euros or asia Cup with Euros...Euros is a world Cup on its own.... remove Europe from the world cup and world cup will become trash

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by fredoooooo: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2021
Ona Penarity cheesy grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Kingcalls: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2021
Thereddevil:

What I tell people is this "when both players retire and all we have are their video clips, we're gonna know who's the complete player... Goals, assists, playmaking, dribbles, visions, through balls.. All clips created differently to amaze the world"

U are wrong...do u know how many assists and dribbles players of past made...we only remember goals and trophies won... till tomorrow etoo will always be remembered compared the okocha

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Kingcalls: 9:40am On Jul 12, 2021
paulolee:

this guys cnt stop amusing me...messi bribed neyma to win d copa?
neyma with less goals n assist had a good run than messi dt with more n won d copa? see Wetin hate dey do all of una

U are the one with massive hate...u want them to dash him balon for winning that farmers cup ....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by OJEEMAH(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

When the south Americans dominated was in the 50s, 60s and thats because of the WW 2 aftermath that hit Europe.... only 3 South American teams hv ever appeared in a world Cup final...

Germany
ITALY
ENGLAND
FRANCE
SPAIN
CROATIA
NETHERLANDS
Hungary
Sweden
Czechoslovakia

Its just like comparing Afcon to euros or asia Cup with Euros...Euros is a world Cup on its own.... remove Europe from the world cup and world cup will become trash
Oga, first of all, europe is thrice the size of SA. If you had any sense you won't compare them in the first place. According to your stats, only 3 out of 14 SA teams appeared in World Cup final while 8 out of 52 European teams have also made it to a World Cup final. Lets use your logic to analyze, 3 out of 14 SA teams represent about 22.5% while 8 out of 52 teams represent about 18%....This shows SA is better than Europe when it comes to WC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by obonujoker(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2021
Workch:
Ronaldo should come learn dribbling, playmaking, pass accuracies and vision.

Messi is 100times a more complete footballer than that your goalscorer called Ronaldo. Messi touch is so classy and no player carries the ball like him.

You can argue it but he will win the 7th world best and history will attest to it that he was miles better than ororo.

Clown... Who told you Ronaldo can't dribble, playmake or can't pass?? What the hell is wrong with you Pessi fans?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Numerouno94(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2021
charlesm91:
hehe...i dey suspect Neymar and co after that match. be like say them just say oya Messi carry thyis one make we no stress you. i won't be surprised the copa would be held every 4 years now that Messi has won. But still, congrats to Messi tho.

Oga Copa America was never a quadrennial event; never in it's history has it bn a quadrennial tournament, it was even an annual event at the inception. Make una they read history b4 una talk na, this is a public forum pls.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Numerouno94(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Oga, first of all, europe is thrice the size of SA. If you had any sense you won't compare them in the first place. According to your stats, only 3 out of 14 SA teams appeared in World Cup final while 8 out of 52 European teams have also made it to a World Cup final. Lets use your logic to analyze, 3 out of 14 SA teams represent about 22.5% while 8 out of 52 teams represent about 18%....This shows SA is better than Europe when it comes to WC.

That Guy shuld bury his head in shame, South America wit jux 14 countries has won a total of 9 world cup titles while Europe wit abt 52 countries has 12 world cup titles only; Ironically, South America despite being a small continent wit few countries is giving Europe a run for her money.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Seunfretty: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2021
I wonder how u lads will cope wen Messi finally wins his 7th balón d or ...sey una no go drink sniper that day bayi cos theres no way Messi won't win. It
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by tunaxy(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2021
Ronaldo & Messi, I can't help but thank those two for blessing my generation with lots of entertainments, since their abilities are now dwindling, I realized I found it hard to watch football game like previous times when these monsters' amazing superhuman abilities were unmatched.

I promise to always love you both. Please, it's never enough to just appreciate one of'em, appreciate them both.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Iamthoney(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

Someone showed u the scores and history...u are bringing out what Someone typed ... mumu too much for ur head ooo...
He is not wrong cos Messi scores four goals at the just concluded Copa America and it was one penalty, two direct free kick goals and one open play goal. The other penalty he scored against Chile was in a World Cup Qualifier before they started their Copa America campaign. You can use google for more clarification
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Kingcalls: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:

U are the dumb one here... very dull infact... oh so u know Europe is bigger and yet u claim its same with South America... 10 teams battle in SA while over 50 do that Europe , and u say they are the same ...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by DesChyko: 11:31am On Jul 12, 2021
phemmyfour:
Let me explain to you
In 8 teams, no minows
No team to beat 4-0
No best losers qualifications

Noted. Kindly point out the positions of this 8 non-minnow South American teams in this Top 20 teams in comparison to the European minnows. This is despite them having played in more continental tournaments than their European counterparts in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by OJEEMAH(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are the dumb one here... very dull infact... oh so u know Europe is bigger and yet u claim its same with South America... 10 teams battle in SA while over 50 do that Europe , and u say they are the same ...
This cigar wey u dey smoke no good for u.......show me where i said that shit you wrote up there. you too mumu i swear.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by oyatainer(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2021
But Chile beat Portugal the European champions in the last encounter Europe and South America had in confederation Cup. Don't forget the numbers of European teams Argentina crushed en round to last final they got to. Can you say the same for other continents.

Messi will score goals against most less formidable teams that they parade in Eiro

obembet:

Messi Score 2 goal 2 pk

I don't even see anything special about Copa America, imagine the cup played by just 8 teams compare to cup that played by 32 teams.

Agentina can not win France, England, GGermany, Italy, Portugal etc. Euro played by professional teams not Peru or Bolivia or Ecuador.

Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay can not even qualify for group stage not to talk of the Major Matches.

Apart from Chile and Brazil, is there any better team In Copa America?

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by BLoomfrancs(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2021
Lol Ororo is still the greatest of all times. Messi won where you have only 8 teams. Imagine, 8 mediocre teams. Brazil and maybe Ecuador and Chile are the only good teams there. They call him Penaldo but what of Meshit. 2 goals and 2 PK. All these stupid messi fans shd go and rest. Even if Meshit wins the 7th ballon d'or, Ronaldo is still the best player in the history of football.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Equity15(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2021
ojaysam25:

So you mean to say messi has played more than 15 copa america since his playing career for argentina which span 15years+
lmao ��
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Seunfretty: 11:45am On Jul 12, 2021
Before u pple start saying jack......Uruguay dumped out Portugal with ur almighty Ronaldo in the last world cup....it's s high level of insensitivity to say teams like Brazil and Chile are mediocre teams....a team like Brazil with there quality will beat shit out of many European teams...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 12, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Is this not madness??

Messi scores penalties too

Many penalties actually

But you don't call him Pessi

They're both Pessi and Penaldo.
Except that, the 'Penaldo', 'Tapinaldo' nickname of Ronaldo came long ago and it's more obvious because of his selfish ways of hustling for goals for his self glory, reason why he has all the said achievements he keep piling up for himself. If Messi behaved the same way, the gap would have been too much. Funny enough, even with that, Messi still has close, goal record.

Messi is that player great players from past and in the present compare themselves with and compete with, while Messi doesn't compete with anyone. He only competes with himself because he is the S.I. unit of football.
I also used to hate Messi in the past because of sentiments, but one day I realize I can't pretend any longer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by ThierryJay: 11:54am On Jul 12, 2021
BLoomfrancs:
Lol Ororo is still the greatest of all times. Messi won where you have only 8 teams. Imagine, 8 mediocre teams. Brazil and maybe Ecuador and Chile are the only good teams there. They call him Penaldo but what of Meshit. 2 goals and 2 PK. All these stupid messi fans shd go and rest. Even if Meshit wins the 7th ballon d'or, Ronaldo is still the best player in the history of football.

Yes CR will be the greatest only in your mind and that of your fellow cerebrally challenged colleagues.

But to the world at large and official football system, Messi will forever be regarded as number one and that is what truly matters and not the inconsequential opinions of deluded myrmidons. I know it hurts but your opinion doesn''t truly matter in the scheme of things.

Before the Copa, he was already regarded as superior by the majority. After the Copa, his status as GOAT now stands formally cemented. FYI, in the Copa Messi scored only 1 p.k and 3 beautiful goals and not 2 p.k and 2 goals as you lying dunderheads are yapping about.

If South American teams are average how come all the following teams have dumped almighty Portugal with Ronaldo out of FIFA competitions and friendlies in the past ten years:

Uruguay
Chile
Ecuador
Peru
Argentina

You see your life? I know the intense pain you guys felt at Messi's triumph is enough to make you go haywire and that's exactly what we re seeing.

More tears please cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Numerouno94(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2021
Johel:

I swear...see dem chanting "ororo"...lol...no be only ororo,Na groundnut oil.

Kikikikikikikikikikikiki na palm oil gringrin.

Na insecurity they do them. Some of them now they compare Euro to Copa America; jux imagine wetin bitterness done turn them to. Line done finish for their dictionary dem con resort to comparison.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Euro 2020 Golden Boot Award by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

They're both Pessi and Penaldo.
Except that, the 'Penaldo', 'Tapinaldo' nickname of Ronaldo came long ago and it's more obvious because of his selfish ways of hustling for goals for his self glory, reason why he has all the said achievements he keep piling up for himself. If Messi behaved the same way, the gap would have been too much. Funny enough, even with that, Messi still has close, goal record.

Messi is that player great players from past and in the present compare themselves with and compete with, while Messi doesn't compete with anyone. He only competes without himself because he is the S.I. unit of football.
I also used to hate Messi in the past because of sentiments, but one day I realize I can't pretend any longer.

False

Ronaldo has many assists and chances created

The difference between Messi's chances created and that of Ronaldo is negligible.

Messi also hustles for goals selfishly
Nobody can score without selfishness

Messi competes with everyone that plays football

If you think Messi is the unit of football, that's your cup of wine

I don't hate Messi!!!!!!

There is nothing you can say to prove I hate him!!!!

But he's just human and I can never worship any human being!!!!

I don't even believe in God (s)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liverpool Star Mo’ Salah Meets His Lookalike (Photos) / Emmanuel Adebayor's Fleet Of Expensive Cars(photos) / Pictures Of Kelechi Iheanacho From Grass To Grace.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.