Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land (43993 Views)

Picture Tour Of Alvan Ikoku Federal College Of Education Owerri / Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall / Alvan Ikoku Hostel UNN After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by ClassicMan202(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Depressed101: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:
Lol. All these superstitious beliefs should be abolished abeg. Imagine a python that can swallow two goats. What if it had swallowed a human being?

did it swallow human, I think the students who disembowelled that innocent snake are idiots
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by dynicks(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lala on sighting the snake while it's being dished out to him!!......wait! Na me get all these delicacies?....so like this now, na snakie sauce una use dey celebrate me!!...How wonderful u guys are....how nice u guys are....how caring you guys are.....wish I could hold back these tears of mine....it ain't tears of anguish buh tears of joy I must say!!

Thanks to u all friends!!

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Xucxex1997: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
OK
Una no know say them no dey kill python for some village inside south east?
Una wan do lala model by putting the creature inside pot, lol
Una plan don fail na grin
Na to bury the python like human being be the penalty
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by slivertongue: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
bull crap
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by ignis: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
Very funny
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by jiregr8(m): 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
Great! I agree with you
Doradorwa:
Personally I believe cultures and traditions should not be undermine irrespective of what civilization has offered us.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by whippersnapper(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
I hate snakes with passion
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by cmecproblem(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
The goats may have been fed to the Python as sacrifice. Cos a Python is already full and heavy after swallowing one goat how did it trap the second goat with that heaviness? except two goats were offered by someone.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Looking for a side income
As a student and low income earners via Afillated marketing

COME LET ME SHOW YOU A SITE THAT PAYS 10K-15K EVERY 2WEEKS WITH or WITHOUT REFERRALS
DM ME ON WHATSAP

Check my signature for digit.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Abascoh: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Story for the gods.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Chiden(f): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hmmmm... Lala land grin

Please follow me on Instagram @chidencollections
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Anna77: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
The college doesn't have option than to obey them because they have killed one of them according to their tradition.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Na the chief priest and his cabal go still cause problem for Alvan college of education and then blame it on the gods.make school management kuku settle them.
But why will the snake swallow another person goat two at once? Even Animals in Nigeria too gready
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
But we all know this is bullshit, people are just too stubborn to let go of old beliefs

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Chris525: 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
My thoughts exactly. The python stole grin grin grin

MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Superstitious fools and imbecilles!

Same python deity that couldnt protect our ancestors against Nigerian soldiers from 1967-1970

Those who made this statement about cleansing should be ordered to pay for the goats swallowed by the python.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by mosaicafrique: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market Ojo lagos.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by tujays(m): 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:
Lol. All these superstitious beliefs should be abolished abeg. Imagine a python that can swallow two goats. What if it had swallowed a human being?

Python just acting on its natural instinct, that's how its feeds to survive just like the way humans prey on other animals for food and survival. black people are far away from real spirituality and understandings of the world. no wonder we keep running in circles with no improvement to our society. how you treat animals says a lot on how you treat your fellow humans.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by greymiles: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
I thought we are Jews, why are we worshipping python again

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by yemmight(m): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
That is why the people from that region will remain backward.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by SonofGod231: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
BigSarah:
thought things like this is akin to idemili in Anambra....
Weird things everywhere, the pulling down of an iroko tree caused 6 deaths in ogun state, now a dead python will hunt vehicular equipments in imo state...
Odi egwu
My dear,Forget this is an outdated believe. Even in Anambra, Madonna University Okija we once killed a big python inside the school premises and nothing happened. The Villagers only cried for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by ultimateprof: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
Religion will come and go, but tradition will remain. The land should be cleanse Immediately.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Karemarealty288(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
Python that ate someone's goat? So Animals and reptiles are so divine and constitute authorities in our dearest Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu is busy calling Nigeria Zoo? What an irony

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by akdjr(m): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2021
Very correctquote author=Doradorwa post=103669937]Personally I believe cultures and traditions should not be undermine irrespective of what civilization has offered us. [/quote]
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
This python is very greedy, swallowed two goats at a time habana
That python should cooked for the whole community and students to enjoy as cleansing
Cleansing should not be for only chief priest to enjoy o, everyone needs to participate in the cleansing party

Every spirit of greed must die

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by CharleyBright(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Doradorwa:
Personally I believe cultures and traditions should not be undermine irrespective of what civilization has offered us.

Aunty, what has traditions offered you other than slavery to demonic beliefs?
By the end of it, they will ask the school to pay monies to appease the dead and non-existent gods and one dirty old dibia will collect the money and wack.
Fvck traditions.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Amah70: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
milann:
Killing of Python: Alvan Ikoku college asked to consult Chief priest for cleansing

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/killing-of-python-alvan-ikoku-college-asked-to-consult-chief-priest-for-cleansing/

Bunkum. Appeasement of the gods or extortion?

Extortion by Owerri from everyone in Imo state. Try to buy land here and see how many Owerri groups you must compensate with heavy payoffs before you use the land.

Well , don’t blame them, blame governors from other zones in Imo state who never see any need to open up other towns in the state; because they don’t come from those other major towns in the state - myopia.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by MansoryMX(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
Doradorwa:

No offense, even if you are the daughter of Otedola or Dangote I can’t marry someone like you with this kind of mentality.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by socialmediaman: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
Doradorwa:

Well maybe if we did an audit we may find that the money meant for the machines ended in someone’s personal pockets and was used to send kids abroad for school, and also build a family house somewhere in the village. We should separate traditions from our tenacity to use anything to cover up fraud and incompetence
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by Fcwilly: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
But this is weird, Phyton swallowing two goats, how did it managed to do that? This is horrible.
Re: Killing Of Python: Alvan Ikoku College Asked To Cleanse The Land by AntiBeEmCe(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

It's superstition belief? But the second coming of Jesus is not superstition belief?
The adventures of Mohammed is not superstitious belief undecided undecided

Just face what you believe in and leave what doesn't concern you.

Oga that's my opinion and I own it. You are free to believe what you want...but don't force ur opinion on me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Represent Your Primary, Secondary And College / Pictures Of Rivers State University / JAMB Staff’s Housemaid, The “Snake Girl” Accused Of Swallowing N36m Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.