Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,842 members, 7,824,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom (31034 Views)

IPOB's Statement On Clark Idiotic, Igbo Must Apologize - PANDEF / Why Igbo's Must Ignore The 31st Sit At Home Order. / Orji Kalu: Awolowo Told Me He Did Not Trust Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by slowice(m): 6:48am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

The questions Igbos should be asking Yoruba people singing and screaming southern unity ..

What will southern unity benefits igbos...

Why now .. and even all of sudden .. southern unity

Why is the baba talking now after years.. the man is lying.. he’s just looking for front for emotional blackmail..
Why didn’t Awolowo public announce this..

Awolowo lived his trying fighting to separate igbos from southern minorities..
Yoruba have been doing .. and more before every elections

Today Yoruba people are screaming southern unity and some igbos are falling for this

Are yoruba people united in Yoruba land

How is yoruba Muslim dealing with Yoruba Christians .. in same Yoruba land .. talk more southern unity

Same Yoruba mock igbos on how they can never rule Nigeria .. same Yoruba people are telling us that any southerner that vote for a Northerner is a fool?
Same Yoruba are supporting Tinubu and osibanjo as southernerra

Why cant same Yoruba forget their ambitions and support igbos for presidency since no southerners are forbidden to vote Northerners

Yoruba are stylishly positioning the south to vote Tinubu or osibanjo.. that’s what they call political Sophistication.. same Yoruba will turn to abuse and mock you

There’s no aboki enemy anywhere .. it was same Yoruba that brought Fulani and bandits to Nigeria .. same Yoruba now wan use igbos brain to geh President.. why are they not shouting unity with ijaw a and southern minorities.. because they know say where igbos go are where this people will go..

Igbos should wake up .
Southern unity is Yoruba way of fightin Apc in case they deny Tinubu ticket ..

Na very huge blackmail

Aboki, once again, shut up

3 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nukilia: 6:51am On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:
[s]The British didn’t like the Yoruba bt it’s same Yoruba that are the most in population from Nigeria in Britian. undecided
These people fail to realize we are not in 1960 anymore. We are not even in military/civilian rule. We are in democracy with a democratic constitution of sort.
Nobody said Yoruba and Igbos shouldn’t unite as south bt it doesn’t have to look like a gang up against the North. Nigeria as a whole should unite with all parties being and feeling equal. And mind u there are other tribes out these three tribes especially in modern Nigeria[/s].

Go back to your suya business and leave the internet for us all

2 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 14, 2021
dragunov:

You must remember that zik betrayed Awo by joining forces with Balewa. He was partly instrumental to creating trumped up charges against Awo which led to his incarceration one and a half years after independence. It was soldiers of Igbo extraction that Balewa used to kill 14000 Yoruba protesters who were incensed by Awo's imprisonment. When you want to discuss matters like this, take it from the foundation and stop spewing trash and spawning hatred here

Oga Zik and Awo didn't betray anyone. The British gave a prerequisite for indepence that all regions must be together. it was a patsy that was sold and Zik and Awo because they all wanted independence without bloodshed fell for it. The real architects of this quagmire are the British. Zik had no choice because he desperately wanted independence that was why he pushed for independence with all regions together. Operation wettie was not igbo soldiers that killed yoruba people in the west. it was soldier of the batallion in Ibadan commanded by Lt Col Abogo Largema who is a northerner(he was killed in the Jan 66 coup by Ifeajuna). i think you need to really study your history very well. so much lies have been said to reinforce the igbo yoruba hatred and Nigerians do not like to properly research. Considering Awo's imprisonment who was the judge that handed down the sentence to Awolowo? It was a Yoruba? who was the Chief Justice of Nigeria at that time? Justice Adetokunbo Ademola a Yoruba man? So how in God's name did Zik have a hand in Awolowo's imprisonment?

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by dmbb: 6:54am On Jul 14, 2021
You mean the way they did in 1967-1970?
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by jaxxy(m): 6:55am On Jul 14, 2021
Nukilia:

Go back to your suya business and leave the internet for us all

I’m not a northerner if u most know. Use the internet for good not escalating confusion.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by stasius: 6:58am On Jul 14, 2021
But na dem quarrel pass for nairaland.

Anyway what is a relationship without a quarrel?
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Trustedpronet: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

The questions Igbos should be asking Yoruba people singing and screaming southern unity ..

Why is the baba talking now after years.. the man is lying.. he’s just looking for front for emotional blackmail..

Today Yoruba people are screaming southern unity and some igbos are falling for this

How is yoruba Muslim dealing with Yoruba Christians .. in same Yoruba land .. talk more southern unity

Same Yoruba mock igbos on how they can never rule Nigeria .. same Yoruba people are telling us that any southerner that vote for a Northerner is a fool?

Why cant same Yoruba forget their ambitions and support igbos for presidency since no southerners are forbidden to vote Northerners

Yoruba are stylishly positioning the south to vote Tinubu or osibanjo.. that’s what they call political Sophistication.. same Yoruba will turn to abuse and mock you

There’s no aboki enemy anywhere .. it was same Yoruba that brought Fulani and bandits to Nigeria .. same Yoruba now wan use igbos brain to geh President.. why are they not shouting unity with ijaw a and southern minorities.. because they know say where igbos go are where this people will go..

Igbos should wake up .

Na very huge blackmail

Sorry to say this...you are too petty. How do people arround you cope with your nagging.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by omenka(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2021
MadamV.anessa:
True.

The uncircumcised north cannot divide us again.

They're smart enough to shield their own terrorists , defend their own terrorists at any given opportunity.

But the south will spite on people who fight for their emancipation. Tell me any crime committed by MNK and Igboho? Tell me i want to know. But it was so sad to see even our southern brothers rejoice over the kidnapped of MNK and Igboho house raid.

When shekau was killed by Iswap, how many northerners rejoice over shekau's death despite several years of terror unleashed by this shekau on them? Gumi is collecting a huge amount of money to bandits everyday and this fulani government is so happy paying any amount needed by Gumi.

Southern Nigerians should wise up, let's rise and fight this common enemy.

There is almost no ibo poster on this forum who talks about Southern Unity or "unity with Yorubas" when it suits that, that you won't find on their timeline insults against the same Yorubas.

Below is a comment from someone talking about the North dividing South..

MadamV.anessa:
Afonjas with their endless hatred for Ndigbos, for they seems to forget that all southerners are one. But they will say anything to demeaned Ndigbos just to please some terrrorist up north.

Shame on all of you. Ibos hate Yorubas way more than the North ever can, especially with the appearance of that terrorist called Kanu in the picture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Asgard73: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2021
Yoruba can cry all this world...

Igbos won’t unite Yoruba ... it’s impossible.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Kinobi: 7:07am On Jul 14, 2021
ShadowCracker:
I am open-minded to anything.

if working with Igbo's will get us Yoruba nation quicker, fine by me.

But they should remeber "No permanent Friends, or Enimies, Just permanent interests".

Powerful nations always have allies. That's one thing Nigerians don't understand. As much as the British and French diss each other, they'll immediately become allies should any if their interests be threatened. Remember, we are the South. South East or South West, but we are the South. Divided we are 50 million 60 million strong apiece. But together we number more than the North

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Asgard73: 7:08am On Jul 14, 2021
Why are yoruba people crying for southern unity?
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by jaxxy(m): 7:09am On Jul 14, 2021
obynzo:

Oga Zik and Awo didn't betray anyone. The British gave a prerequisite for indepence that all regions must be together. it was a patsy that was sold and Zik and Awo because they all wanted independence without bloodshed fell for it. The real architects of this quagmire are the British. Zik had no choice because he desperately wanted independence that was why he pushed for independence with all regions together. Operation wettie was not igbo soldiers that killed yoruba people in the west. it was soldier of the batallion in Ibadan commanded by Lt Col Abogo Largema who is a northerner(he was killed in the Jan 66 coup by Ifeajuna). i think you need to really study your history very well. so much lies have been said to reinforce the igbo yoruba hatred and Nigerians do not like to properly research. Considering Awo's imprisonment who was the judge that handed down the sentence to Awolowo? It was a Yoruba? who was the Chief Justice of Nigeria at that time? Justice Adetokunbo Ademola a Yoruba man? So how in God's name did Zik have a hand in Awolowo's imprisonment?

The British gave the Nigeria independence, the 3 regions started to fight over who will lead the other. It now becomes at outsmarting game of wits rather than a proper union then we go back and blame the British for our insufferable attitude.

The fact remains there where alliances, seeming betrayals, backtracking and seemingly counter betrayals in an ignoble quest for power and control.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nukilia: 7:11am On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:

I’m not a northerner if u most know. Use the internet for good not escalating confusion.

Nobody called you a Northerner! grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Kinobi: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Before the two tribes can unite, one needs to leave the 2023 presidential position for the other.

It's a big JOKE if the South West are still contesting for presidency despite the fact that the South East hasn't had a president in ever.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Asgard73: 7:14am On Jul 14, 2021
And they are wailing on top igbo matters .. igbos are not foolish

You hate igbos all your life .. then suddenly you remember Awolowo told you rubbish..

What if you’re dead..

Southwest and propaganda

To your tent oh isreal
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:

The British gave the Nigeria independence, the 3 regions started to fight over who will lead the other. It now becomes at outsmarting game of wits rather than a proper union then we go back and blame the British for our insufferable attitude.

You still miss the point the avenue for regional rivalry was created by the British it was a clever patsy game. when independence came in the rivalry was further enhanced when politically no regional policy at federal level can more forward without the majority north hence the game of how to outsmart each other started which came to a head in Jan and July 66 and ultimately the civil war.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Asgard73: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Yoruba people packaged Buhari and his Islamic party...
We warn them... but the greed for President and political correctness held Tinubu

He wan be kingmaker and king.

Buhari brought his brothers in Chad Niger .. they’re here in Nigeria disrupting security and taking over land

Same Yoruba now want igbos to unite and fight North grin

Which.North

Na Yoruba brain Dey take build Rome ?

Na only them ?

Yoruba e no go work

Who ever believe that one day ... Yoruba people will be crying for igbo unity

Life eh
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Danzakidakura(m): 7:19am On Jul 14, 2021
alphaeus212:
THE ONLY SURE FREEDOM WILL COME FROM THE UNITED SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH WEST. WORKING TOGETHER . The greatest fear of the north is a united south.
I wish south can unit and the middlebelt we are ready to align to south, kaduna South, Benue, Taraba,and some parts of Nasarawa. But with Yoruba Muslims the likes of Muric and his brothers the unity may not come.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by michoim(m): 7:20am On Jul 14, 2021
When did he told you that? Liars that dance to the gallery. Is it the same Awolowo that sold the Igbos out during Biafra war? You must think everyone is stupid. Nonsense...
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Danzakidakura(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

Igbos should wake up .

Na very huge blackmail
you are intelligent bro and that's true, Awolowo of a cursed memory leave his life separating Igbos from south South.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Kinobi: 7:23am On Jul 14, 2021
One thing I'm certain of is that I'm not voting for any South Western presidential candidate. Especially Tinubu. The South West already had a president and VP. If they can't unanimously vote a South Eastern man for the president in 2023 (South East that hasn't had a president since the time of Azikiwe), then I know they're all words but still at heart, betrayers to the South.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by jaxxy(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2021
obynzo:

You still miss the point the avenue for regional rivalry was created by the British it was a clever patsy game. when independence came in the rivalry was further enhanced when politically no regional policy at federal level can more forward without the majority north hence the game of how to outsmart each other started which came to a head in Jan and July 66 and ultimately the civil war.

Ok I understand the imbalance created by the British then due to self interest caused the confusion, competition and disaffection.

Thankfully times have changed and the systems are more transparent and obvious due to better awareness and sound retrospective judgement. Nigeria has grown as an independent state and can/should find her feet based on the right system and policies for her advancement.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:

Ok I understand the imbalance created by the British then due to self interest caused the confusion, competition and disaffection.

Thankfully times have changed and the systems are more transparent and obvious due to better awareness and sound retrospective judgement. Nigeria has grown as an independent state and can/should find her feet based on the right system and policies for her advancement.

It is up to us the youth to chart a new course for the nation. these old men in power are products of the patsy designed in the 60s by the colonial masters and they need to leave the stage.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by chiedozie198100: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2021
zinizta:

Oya work with those who killed Aguiyi Ironsi and still continue to butcher Igbos up north

Same way you guys worked with those that have abiola poisoned tea n brought this raving lunatic in 2015.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Johel(m): 7:39am On Jul 14, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom – Prof Akintoye Recalls Conversation With Awolowo In Video

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/13/yoruba-igbo-must-work-together-freedom-%E2%80%93-prof-akintoye-recalls-conversation-awolowo-video

Igbos and Yorubas should work together,they are good to go,though the old dull headed (illiterate) Yorubas hate Igbos so much....but those bambiala cows are total disease to our great nation..

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by true2god: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

Igbos should wake up .

Na very huge blackmail
A bad Yoruba is better than the best Fulani...Albert Einstein.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by EBODMAS: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2021
mooremoney:
This one na lie. We the igbos can't work with the backstabbers and betrayals
your father zik na betrayal, u don 4get d time zik call awo 4 meeting in yaba to collate their vote 2geda so as to overwhelm their northern counterpart(ahmadu bello) but unfortunately zik snub awo n went to nort to coalise with them while awo is waiting for zik in yaba, now who is the betrayal, e be lyk say d sofaness wey u dy get under nigeria no reach make fulani put more.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Asgard73: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Danzakidakura:
you are intelligent bro and that's true, Awolowo of a cursed memory leave his life separating Igbos from south South.

Southern unity would have been fun .. but Yoruba no like igbos at all.

And everyone know their allegiance is with the. North..

Funny people preparing for election... igbos go Dey dia they shout Kanu Biafra .. Yoruba Dey plan next election..

All noise Na next election

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by olamidedivotee(f): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

Igbos should wake up .

Na very huge blackmail

Nah people like you dey cause division in southern Nigeria

We don't fall for shit like this again.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Silentflute1234: 8:04am On Jul 14, 2021
[TEMPORAL INTERESTquote author=ShadowCracker post=103676651]I am open-minded to anything.

if working with Igbo's will get us Yoruba nation quicker, fine by me.

But they should remeber "No permanent Friends, or Enimies, Just permanent interests".[/quote]
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Gambit23: 8:40am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Yoruba begging for southern unity

Who would believe this grin

Your divide n rule wont work again...we have opened our eyes to fulanni tactics
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by olmoRoc: 8:48am On Jul 14, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom – Prof Akintoye Recalls Conversation With Awolowo In Video

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/13/yoruba-igbo-must-work-together-freedom-%E2%80%93-prof-akintoye-recalls-conversation-awolowo-video

There's too much tribalism and distrust between both tribes for that to happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LP Replies Tinubu Over Threat Of Anarchy, Reveals Next Move / Bisi Alimi Slams Senators Behind Anti Same Sex Bill (Photo) / Tompolo Writes Last Letter To Buhari, Laments Harassment, Intimidation Of Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.