Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom (30977 Views)

IPOB's Statement On Clark Idiotic, Igbo Must Apologize - PANDEF / Why Igbo's Must Ignore The 31st Sit At Home Order. / Orji Kalu: Awolowo Told Me He Did Not Trust Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by biggie73(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
macof:
fulani man we have heard. Now move along
Nothing is stopping southern unity
....unfortunately, I am a non-fulani.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Ten06(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2021
They end up betraying each other
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by macof(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:

Waking up to what? Who supports killings of either people or in any region? Addressing killings has nothing to do with ruling or current politics. The south and north must still forge a government together and address issues lawfully and objectively.

If my option isn’t good what’s ur better solution or argument cos either ways Nigeria will move forward or backward with Smtn or anything.
Solution is - let everyone answer his fatherland
Yoruba desire their sovereignty, so do igbo. Any other ethnicity that is ready should join the alliance and move for Independence away from the accursed abomination called Nigeria
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by sultry69(m): 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

The questions Igbos should be asking Yoruba people singing and screaming southern unity ..

What will southern unity benefits igbos...

Why now .. and even all of sudden .. southern unity

Why is the baba talking now after years.. the man is lying.. he’s just looking for front for emotional blackmail..
Why didn’t Awolowo public announce this..

Awolowo lived his trying fighting to separate igbos from southern minorities..
Yoruba have been doing .. and more before every elections

Today Yoruba people are screaming southern unity and some igbos are falling for this

Are yoruba people united in Yoruba land

How is yoruba Muslim dealing with Yoruba Christians .. in same Yoruba land .. talk more southern unity

Same Yoruba mock igbos on how they can never rule Nigeria .. same Yoruba people are telling us that any southerner that vote for a Northerner is a fool?
Same Yoruba are supporting Tinubu and osibanjo as southernerra

Why cant same Yoruba forget their ambitions and support igbos for presidency since no southerners are forbidden to vote Northerners

Yoruba are stylishly positioning the south to vote Tinubu or osibanjo.. that’s what they call political Sophistication.. same Yoruba will turn to abuse and mock you

There’s no aboki enemy anywhere .. it was same Yoruba that brought Fulani and bandits to Nigeria .. same Yoruba now wan use igbos brain to geh President.. why are they not shouting unity with ijaw a and southern minorities.. because they know say where igbos go are where this people will go..

Igbos should wake up .
Southern unity is Yoruba way of fightin Apc in case they deny Tinubu ticket ..

Na very huge blackmail
So this guy is a terrorist Fulani pretending as Igbo,if you have lived in the North before, you will know by his first phrase that he was one of the Fulani terrorist.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by 7lives: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
kayjay69:
Well, as much as i would like to believe Prof Akintoye as a casual observer of Nigeria's history, i would note that it is funny Awo said this.

In my view, as much as i hold Awo in high regard for a lot of things he did, the man was far from perfect and had his failings as any normal human being.

I have often criticised his role in the Biafra war particularly the policy of starvation against Biafra. Some may argue it is all fair in love and war but that was extreme and alot of innocents who played no role in the coup died for no reason.

However, the worst for me was the 20 pound rule and the economic isolation policy that Nigeria, under Awo's leadership (take note Awo was Coordinating Minister of Economy under Gowon and the 2nd most powerful man in that administration).

Now according to rumours, Awo was promised the North's support for presidency whenever democracy was restored. This same Northern elements truncated his ambition using other Yoruba men (Obasanjo and Abiola). So i guess baba finally realised in 1984 what he knew all along to be true since the 1950s, that the Hausa-Fulani were not good faith actors and they always hated his guts.

And i guess in hindsight, we all can see Ojukwu was right for wanting to seceed at the time, never mind his ulterior motives. And the craziest part of this is Awo was always for regional government, states built around sub-ethnic groups and so forth, why not throw his full weight behind Ojukwu, at that point he had nothing to lose. Well, i guess baba took the shortcut and in his latter years he must have realised just how treacherous and devious these northern elements were.

E ma tan ara yin.
Which sensible leader will willingly sign his people into subjugation?.
Awo refused to work with Ojukwu because he already knows what lies ahead grin grin grin.
Okay of recent, SS people have also rejected the idea of being dragged into Biafra, are you saying they didn't learn anything from Awo's supposed mistake?.
Let me tell you people the truth, I personally won't want to do any kind of business, with those who will blackmail me, because I refused to be subservient to them.
Awo is a tribalist because he didn't allow Zik become the premier of the West, was that not how Igbos labelled him?, okay so what was Akintola's offense? why did he had to die?.
The reason Akintola was killed, was it not the same reason Igbos hide under end sars to make an attempt on Tinubu's life. grin cheesy grin rada rada, you people are being watched with keen interest in Yoruba land, last last e ni duro.
Igbos labelled Tinubu a local champion before 2015, after 2015 you people labelled him the most corrupt Nigerian alive, you people are currently calling him drug baron.
And you expect people to co-operate with Igbos, you guys should go and love your SS neighbors, Yorubas can live without Igbos.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by 7lives: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kinobi:

It's a big JOKE if the South West are still contesting for presidency despite the fact that the South East hasn't had a president in ever.

Stale.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by 7lives: 11:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
Jonathan39:
The guy you quoted is not Igbo, you can check his profile and go through his old comments.

But for Southern unity to work, the Yorubas have to support an Igbo man same way Igbos supported OBJ. Else the whole thing is a joke

Yorubas owes Igbos nothing, this is why people like me will not be easily manipulated by Igbos.
Igbos voted whom they like but Yorubas don't have such right?.
Igbos voted Obj, Yorubas voted Falae and Falae's vp was even an Igbo man.
Between Obj and Atiku, which one of them is related to Igbo?, selfish money lovers.
Have you people not been paid for supporting OBJ?, your politicians got paid jor.
You people needs to wake up already, believe that shakabula professor at your own peril enough said.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
Baba you will live long;ur children children will be favored by GOD.long live Yoruba nation &Igbo nation
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Jonathan39: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2021
So all Igbos were paid to support OBJ? grin grin

So all Yorubas were paid to support Buhari? grin grin

We are waiting for you guys in 2023 sha.
7lives:

Yorubas owes Igbos nothing, this is why people like me will not be easily manipulated by Igbos.
Igbos voted whom they like but Yorubas don't have such right?.
Igbos voted Obj, Yorubas voted Falae and Falae's vp was even an Igbo man.
Between Obj and Atiku, which one of them is related to Igbo?, selfish money lovers.
Have you people not been paid for supporting OBJ?, your politicians got paid jor.
You people needs to wake up already, believe that shakabula professor at your own peril enough said.

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by 7lives: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Jonathan39:
So all Igbos were paid to support OBJ? grin grin

So all Yorubas were paid to support Buhari? grin grin

We are waiting for you guys in 2023 sha.

Do your worst in 2023, inconsequential 5%.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Jonathan39: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
You will still cry about Igbos supporting who yorubas don't want grin grin
7lives:

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Jonathan39: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
grin grin grin
7lives:

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by hansomb: 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
stayreal:

Are you slow minded? Stop talking about presidency. Who is president doesn't matter. The country is ruled by a Fulani at the top who also control the military. A president from the South cannot change the system of northern control. If he dares to take anything away from Fulani interest...he will meet certain death.
I disagree
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by kayjay69(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
there is a difference between working for someone and working in parallel with someone.

Ever heard of the popular saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The igbos were never a threat nor a mortal enemy to we Yorubas, but the Fulani have always and will ever be forget the facades of humility and the garment of deceit they always adorn, they are a marauding, scavenging dangerous tribe.

Awo had a choice between a long term common sensical solution and a short term meaningless one. In hindsight, I believe we now know what he chose and why he chose.

One of our greatest failing as a people has been to always ignore the enemy at the gate whilst we squabble amongst ourselves over seemingly irrelevant things. It was how we lost ilorin, it is what we are still doing till date. And you dare not tell me that a person will continue to do the same thing over and over again whilst yet expecting a change.
7lives:

E ma tan ara yin.
Which sensible leader will willingly sign his people into subjugation?.
Awo refused to work with Ojukwu because he already knows what lies ahead grin grin grin.
Okay of recent, SS people have also rejected the idea of being dragged into Biafra, are you saying they didn't learn anything from Awo's supposed mistake?.
Let me tell you people the truth, I personally won't want to do any kind of business, with those who will blackmail me, because I refused to be subservient to them.
Awo is a tribalist because he didn't allow Zik become the premier of the West, was that not how Igbos labelled him?, okay so what was Akintola's offense? why did he had to die?.
The reason Akintola was killed, was it not the same reason Igbos hide under end sars to make an attempt on Tinubu's life. grin cheesy grin rada rada, you people are being watched with keen interest in Yoruba land, last last e ni duro.
Igbos labelled Tinubu a local champion before 2015, after 2015 you people labelled him the most corrupt Nigerian alive, you people are currently calling him drug baron.
And you expect people to co-operate with Igbos, you guys should go and love your SS neighbors, Yorubas can live without Igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ayu’s Gaffe: 'PDP Has Brought Us Shame' - PDP Chairman At Kano Rally / APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu / Female Soldier, Blessing Ene, Buried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.