Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? (2107 Views)

Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by moriss33(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2021
Government wey never provide basic amenities finish.
Omo 9ja hard...leave talk
Plenty of our guys dey travel to those african countries to make money that they can't make here...e no tell u something?
Am not saying there is no money in Nigeria ooo.
Monogamy:

@ bolded is why one needs to be self independent and self matured when it comes to decision making.

You see for Nigeria eh, things are not really that hard economically compared to other African countries, even some western countries self.

Money flows , some how , some how but the problem is, we spend money on so many unnecessary things.. Let's talk about weekend party itself, some people attend at least 2 weekend parties in a month.. They will buy Aso Ebi, gift present to the person doing the party, spray money to the celebrants all for a plate of rice and chicken and beers.. Something you could afford at the comfort of your house and still save 600%.

Na from there poverty dey start.. Nigeria government should make a law where weddings that do not last up to 2 years, the couples should refund the money for the Aso Ebi..
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Monogamy: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2021
moriss33:
Government wey never provide basic amenities finish.
Omo 9ja hard...leave talk
Plenty of our guys dey travel to those african countries to make money that they can't make here...e no tell u something?
Am not saying there is no money in Nigeria ooo.

They are making the money and able to save cos all those unnecessary spendings are not in Abroad.. Na only Nigeria as a country I know wey dey celebrate all the holidays with party.

If you are talking about African countries, whatever they might be doing there, there are far better opportunities in Nigeria..
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Klass99(f): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2021
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Klass99(f): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2021
smiley

4 Likes

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 8:54am On Jul 14, 2021
No sensible woman will let his man take a loan for her wedding. Most times, the wife is oblivious of that loan.
After the wedding party and the crowd goes home, it will remain only you, your wife and the thoughts of a loan to repay

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by meobizy(f): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2021
It won’t shock me. Nigerians are that foolish. Many of us will prefer to hear about our big wedding which happened donkey years ago while soaking garri today — rather than wedding modestly and using saved up money for better things. Na akatas own worse pass. Lol.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by cayorday89(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

So a man should turn 50 before he marries because he is saving up for it or the parents should give d woman to the man for free because he claims he loves her grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg, if ur woman is not worth taking a loan to do d right thing, rest..marriage is for men not boys unugo
Your points are flawed in so many ways too numerous for me to mention.... Haba, is the wedding itself necessary if you have no means for it... In this particular case of yours, someone that cannot afford to save over a certain period of time for wedding while single will now automatically be able to repay a loan while married with other notable responsibilities, please expantiate on how he will be able to do that, it will go a long way in helping some of us here...

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Frenzy01(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
Why on earth should any sane person take a loan to fund a wedding. A wedding for that matter angry

I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact info

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

A responsible man won't even tell his woman he is taking a soft loan and d reliable way to pay back means a business contract or a good salary

You sound naive and have no understanding of marriage.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

On the first instance, why should a guy go to extra miles to get money for his wedding? To impress/oppress who? The wife, Wife's family? The crowd?

Well, all depends on the type of partner and the future plans they both have cos paparazzi wedding shouldn't be on the list of " I never standard people"

You get time to dey respond ooo. Like the person you quoted stated, it isn't worth responding. Someone like that lady is young and doesn't have an idea about relationship let alone marriage.

Anyone who wants to take loans for marriage isn't worth getting married.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

@ bolded is why one needs to be self independent and self matured when it comes to decision making.

You see for Nigeria eh, things are not really that hard economically compared to other African countries, even some western countries self.

Money flows , some how , some how but the problem is, we spend money on so many unnecessary things.. Let's talk about weekend party itself, some people attend at least 2 weekend parties in a month.. They will buy Aso Ebi, gift present to the person doing the party, spray money to the celebrants all for a plate of rice and chicken and beers.. Something you could afford at the comfort of your house and still save 600%.

Na from there poverty dey start.. Nigeria government should make a law where weddings that do not last up to 2 years, the couples should refund the money for the Aso Ebi..

I still try to understand the rationale behind aso-ebi irrespective of the cost. A family member told me everyone is not like me and not buying sometimes makes it seem you are not happy with the seller. I was wowed because I couldn't fathom why you think I have to buy aso-ebi from everyone just to make them feel good. Good thing is I'm not a fan of it as I see it as a waste particularly, since I don't usually wear native attires.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Smile4mee01: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
Wedding planners, MCs , Make up artist, caterers, event centers, etc have done a good job in convincing the woman she has not married if they are not in any way involved.

If you have to borrow to marry, you should not be marrying in the first place.

In this day and age where divorce are on the rise, save your money for more important things. Infact instead of spending money on weddings. Save for
1. Honeymoon.
2. Buying assets.
3. Save for DNA test, to avoid stories that touch.
4. Save for children education etc.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Karleb(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Loan for wedding is not as bad as you think.

Nothing wrong with it so long the amount would be paid back without really hurting your finances.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by demoBaba: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
The last banker guy from Kogi that took 3m loan for his wedding, the wedding scatter after 2 months, my guy commit suicide one time.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Ishilove: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
My brother's very close friend spent shege banza on his wedding in March, and despite my subtle warning, used up his life savings for the event.

Fast forward to last week, he borrowed 7k from my bro to buy eye drop for his mum. Toh.

He has different debts hanging over his head as we speak.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Ishilove: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
demoBaba:
The last banker guy from Kogi that took 3m loan for his wedding, the wedding scatter after 2 months, my guy commit suicide one time.
Jesus
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Ishilove: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
FaAbokiWithSuit:

No sensible woman will let his man take a loan for her wedding. Most times, the wife is oblivious of that loan.
After the wedding party and the crowd goes home, it will remain only you, your wife and the thoughts of a loan to repay
And God help you if it is Sokoloan you borrowed money from. The same people that came to eat and drink and dance at your wedding will receive a text message that you are a criminal on the run with company money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by armyofone(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Criminal on the run after wedding and on honeymoon vacation grin grin hey baby, see we are on the run lol
Front page punch newspaper grin

No, ladies should never ever allow a guy to take a loan for their wedding.

Ishilove:

And God help you if it is Sokoloan you borrowed money from. The same people that came to eat and drink and dance at your wedding will receive a text message that you are a criminal on the run with company money.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by JovialJune(f): 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

Can't they take this same loan for life time business opportunity?

They can as well use same loan for charity, it is still not your headache.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2021
JovialJune:

They can as well use same loan for charity, it is still not your headache.
grin
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by faithfull18(f): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
Yes, foolish people do.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by lordally(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
meobizy:
It won’t shock me. Nigerians are that foolish. Many of us will prefer to hear about our big wedding which happened donkey years ago while soaking garri today — rather than wedding modestly and using saved up money for better things. Na akatas own worse pass. Lol.

Akatas dey lavish money for wedding
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by NoToPile: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Loolz you are surprised, people even borrow for burials too.

Doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2021
Ishilove:

ishilove come and marry me. We will apply for Grant instead of loan

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Ishilove: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2021
FaAbokiWithSuit:
ishilove come and marry me. We will apply for Grant instead of loan
Lmao! Smh cheesy
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Kiasa: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
SportsHD:

Why can't they both take loans? Must it always be the dude?
If a couple has to take a loan to pay for a wedding they aren't ready for marriage. It would be wise to have a nice humble wedding and invest any extra funds into a home or the future.

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Kiasa: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
wunmi590:
undecided

Loan for wedding?

Some people do it and are still paying the money until now....

Myself and my wife saved up our money togther in a separate bank account, that's how we were able to fund our wedding....

Infact we even shifted wedding when we discovered that the required money is not upto our targeted budget (though we have not printed/announced date then)...

I no fit dey pay gbese after people don chop free food finish go their house cheesy

Imagine still paying a bank loan for a wedding years after a couple has divorced. Don't do it people, just save your money for the wedding.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Kiasa: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Monogamy:

Love your woman? Should people even borrow money for wedding to start with not to talk of loans.

So a guy has means of getting loans all this while and he couldn't take the loans earlier for business that would yield profits to fund the wedding..But waiting until the wedding time to take loams..

Such person can never be responsible in that marriage cos after the wedding, fresh bills would pile up .

And let's look at it this way, someone taking loans for wedding means such person never ready for marriage.. Are there no plans for future?

Must people even do elaborate wedding self if it's something they can't afford comfortably?

Some people are in love with the idea of a flamboyant wedding than the actual person they are marrying or even the marriage itself. These kind of people live to impress others
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Kiasa: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

So a man should turn 50 before he marries because he is saving up for it or the parents should give d woman to the man for free because he claims he loves her grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg, if ur woman is not worth taking a loan to do d right thing, rest..marriage is for men not boys unugo

So are you saying the women are a commodity to be bought and sold to the highest bidder (sounds like a form of slavery?) Having a big wedding doesn't equate to doing it right. A wedding is for one day, a marriage is supposed to last a lifetime and that's where the funds should be invested, by both parties.
Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by wunmi590(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kiasa:

Imagine still paying a bank loan for a wedding years after a couple has divorced. Don't do it people, just save your money for the wedding.

Some people are still in massive debt as we speak due to their wrong move just to impress people who will just eat their rice and spray them only 1k and japa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Take Loans For Wedding? by Kiasa: 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
wunmi590:

Some people are still in massive debt as we speak due to their wrong move just to impress people who will just eat their rice and spray them only 1k and japa cheesy

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Left The House With Our Son To Her Parents House For Almost 2 Weeks / How Many Kids Do You Want To Have? / Man Dies While Sleeping With Neighbors Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.