Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

What Is Self Esteem? - A Cook Explains With A Dish - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Self Esteem? - A Cook Explains With A Dish (282 Views)

If She's Prepares A Dish, Make Sure She Eats It With You From Same Plate / What Is The Missing Link, Caring? A King Explains With A Flower Part / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Self Esteem? - A Cook Explains With A Dish by WriterX(m): 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
THE STORY

A promising junior chef was in a dilemma, He had been given the opportunity to take the Quarter Back in his school's football team who were preparing for a final game, if they won it was going to be their first trophy and this was troubling so much that it was ruining his work at the restaurant where he worked with a master chef; obviously, the master noticed the kid wasn't happy and so he asked what the problem was.

"I really want to play, the coach has seen me practice and is confident that i can pull it off but everyone else doesn't think so, they say I don't have what it takes, they Say I am way too fresh and wouldn't do a thing when i need to, i don't know, they think is best i drop the offer, I think so too but sir, what do you think about my chances?"

The Master Chef could have just said something easy and quick or ignore the kid and remind him of his duty but the master chef realized this could affect on the boy's long-term career plus he was a good kid who he liked and so he asked for something.

THE TASK

"Cook me any dish of your choice, i want a plate of it, I'm going to stand here and watch you cook though if you don't mind, feel free to use whatever ingredients and cooking method you wish, it's YOUR DISH"

this was a simple task but unsure why the master chef asked of this, the young chef decided to cook anyway, his dish was a signature dish only he knew how to prepare and so he began preparing the dish while his Master watched.

"Oh no, don't use that ingredient, use the onions instead," the Master Chef said, quickly spotting the kid trying to dice up some garlic into his dish.

for the kid, this wasn't his intention, he didn't need that ingredient at that time but he had decided to do as he was told.

"Oh no, use butter instead of cheese!" again the master chef reminded the kid, who was now a bit frustrated and this went on and on and on until he was done with what resembled leftover from a garbage truck, the kid served it and after one spoon of it, the master chef threw the plate and the contents away, right in front of the kid.

"Why did you do that?" a frustrated kid asked his master.

"because it was bitter, tasteless and pungent, no one should eat such nonsense!" the master chef said angrily.

"But you TOLD ME to PUT THOSE INGREDIENTS, YOU TOLD ME TO!" the kid protested.

"Exactly the point, That dish was yours to cook, that dish represented who you are, no one had the right to tell you how to cook it, you have cooked the same dish over and over again, you must have tasted it and liked it, which means you approve of it, enough that you wanted to cook that dish for me but still that one important moment you needed to show it to the world, you let others dictate how it was going to look like and in the end the same people you let decide your choices became the ones who spit you out, criticize you, persecute, hurt you because in the end That dish is still yours.

you could have at any time, tell me no, you could have reminded me that it was your dish but you didn't, you just accepted my suggestions because you think i know better than you it doesn't matter if they believe you can do it or not, it doesn't matter if I thought onions would be better than garlic, it doesn't matter if they think you are too new to the game, my years as an experienced chef isn't enough for me to tell you how you should cook your food, it's your food, it's your choices, the ones that you make, the ones that you stand by, those are the ones that count, whether they be good or bad, cook your dish with your ingredients and be proud of it.

the world is only a bystander, an on-looker, a passenger in your life, a tag-along in your journey, a sidekick to your adventure don't let it ruin your life if you think you are capable of playing then go for it because if you don't you would never be happy that you didn't, give value to who you are and what you can do at all times!"

CONCLUSION

GIVE VALUE TO WHO YOU ARE WHAT YOU CAN DO AT ALL TIMES, LOOK AT THE MIRROR AND TELL THAT PERSON YOU SEE, THAT HE OR SHE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH AND CAPABLE.

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: ‘try To Make Your Supporters Happy Sometimes,’ Bbnaija’s Leo Da Silva A / Sex / 30 Interesting Things To Talk About With Your Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.