Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Is The Missing Link, Caring? A King Explains With A Flower Part - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Missing Link, Caring? A King Explains With A Flower Part (194 Views)

"We Started Out As Flower Boy And Girl” – Man Weds Childhood Crush / The Missing Soulmate / What Is Self Esteem? - A Cook Explains With A Dish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Missing Link, Caring? A King Explains With A Flower Part by WriterX(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2021
THE STORY

You know how a king is supposed to treat his guest with huge feasts and ceremonies all in a bid to showcase that wealth and power he rarely ever gets to show?

Well for king Mesha, his idea of a treat was letting his V.V.I.P's take into his flower garden and this was not just any random flower garden like you already guessed, no it had the rarest flower of all flowers in that garden so that many would journey across the seas and distant lands with golds and silvers, and all the precious things they could get even give up a piece of lands, servants, money just to sit there and inhale its sweet, soul calming perfume in fact many fortunate ones who had seen this flower thought it could heal even the most terrible of afflictions.

THE PROBLEM

But Many a time, people wanted to have these flowers, perhaps the king would be generous enough to let them have its seeds so they too could have this beautiful flower in their gardens but many people tagged king Mesha as a greedy and selfish king because he always refused them never once agreeing to spare a seed even when they would offer so much for it

"am sorry, i can't let you have it, you can come to my garden and see them but i must reject your offer," the king would say.

these began to affect his relationship with other kings and notable men across the lands so much rumors of wars began to make rounds, surely he needed to explain why they couldn't have it and so he decided to do what he would never do.

THE TASK

So the king decides to call everyone who had ever wanted a seed of this flower and gave them as many seeds as they desired to go and plant but on the condition that after a months time which was enough for the flower to germinate and grow that they all would bring a flower each for him.

Sure, it was only a simple request they could all easily fulfil and so it happened, that after a month's time, each came back, all of them. some had just seeds in their hands, some had a badly malnourished flower, some had nothing to show, some had flowers with pungent smells, some had flowers with terrible colourations in fact each was worse than the next as they presented their flower to the king and when he asked what had happened.

"the king gave me bad seeds!"

"I think the soil was bad!"

"it is definitely not the season to plant this flower!"

"i think the flower is cursed!"

"My servants are to blame for not taking proper care of the flower!"

"the flower hasn't germinated yet!"

these were the answers among many other ridiculous things that were said but of course the king hadn't given them bad seeds or cursed them, he knew this was to happen.

"the soil on which this flower grows on has to be replaced daily, its gotten from just one place i know of so far and that is besides a dangerous lake beside the woody valley which you all know is extremely dangerous

the water with which it is been watered is early morning spring water, the servants have to wake up at first sunlight to get this water, i have to kill a calf to supply the earth with nutrients that the flower needs daily, i have to prune every thirteen minutes if not it will dry up and die..."

Now it took over an hour for the king to explain the rigorous and expensive process this flower needed to stay beautiful and adorable and by the end of the day , no one wanted a seed anymore, surely it would be easier to conquer Rome in a day than care for the flower they all agreed.

This is how we see love, sure it is beautiful, its nice, its perfect and like a new toy we want now and we won't take no for an answer but wait can you or do you think you have what it takes to sustain that love BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T like the flowers they brought back its definiely going to be something else other than what you wanted.

sure its easy to blame the world for your misfortunes and how they wrecked that beautiful and wonderful relationship but have you considered for a moment that you didn't just do enough to show that you really care?

many a time, we think care is all about spending, its money definitely but we hear so many times of people with so much of that who still have broken relationships and broken marriages, care is a lot of things, its sacrificing, its irrational, its a show of love, evidence of all that you see in that person.

Photo by <a href="https://unsplash.com/@markuswinkler?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText">Markus Winkler</a> on <a href="https://unsplash.com/images/nature/flower?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText">Unsplash</a>

(1) (Reply)

/ / Paypal Fund / LIVE UPDATES As Bbnaija Season 6 Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.