Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss (43854 Views)

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SaintUlot: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
tammyf:
Hmm,this ur number dey fear me....y not use ur normal Nigerian number if u mean business

Lol, i reserve my comment.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SaintUlot: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Business that brings daily money.

Example 1: food business. 10 million can make u an owner of a fancy fast food restaurant . People must eat everyday, they put in their stomach infrastructure first before clothes, shoes etc it's daily money. You will also be an employer of labour with everyone answering you 'yes sir' and your wife 'yes ma' if you want to make more profits then dedicate time for the business and deal directly with d financial aspect of the business, that way your sales girls won't rip you off. Whatever happens u must recover your capital within a year or two no matter d location. If you can site it in a student environment (I mean a town with university or college of education), then it's blood money for you.

Example 2: Transport business. Although anyone who has an idle 10 million to invest in Business is surely a big man, if u can swallow ur pride, you will make daily return of nothing less than 30k each (that's 60k daily) being an owner of 2 first grades tocumbor hummer buses, I don't know ur location but running an Interstate (States that re not too far from each other eg Edo/delta, Lagos/ibadan, abuja/kaduna port/bayelsa etc) will definitely brings daily money for u. Just to and fro everyday is ok. People don't stay in one place, they must move about. 10 million should be able to buy you 2 Sharp ones (First grade tocumbor). You drive one yourself and give one out on hire purchase to a responsible trust worthy married man with family, preferably a man in his 50s (Men in this age bracket re more matured, honest and knows how to maintain vehicles, they drive with care) My dear brother, all things being equal, this business under one year should give u double your capital. I mean double, not just your capital.

You think that all other people sharing all the above sorrowful experiences don't have a similar thing sketched on paper?

17 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by brown3: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Example 1: food business. 10 million can make u an owner of a fancy fast food restaurant . People must eat everyday, they put in their stomach infrastructure first before clothes, shoes etc it's daily money. You will also be an employer of labour with everyone answering you 'yes sir' and your wife 'yes ma' if you want to make more profits then dedicate time for the business and deal directly with d financial aspect of the business, that way your sales girls won't rip you off. Whatever happens u must recover your capital within a year or two no matter d location. If you can site it in a student environment (I mean a town with university or college of education), then it's blood money for you.

Example 2: Transport business. Although anyone who has an idle 10 million to invest in Business is surely a big man, if u can swallow ur pride, you will make daily return of nothing less than 30k each (that's 60k daily) being an owner of 2 first grades tocumbor hummer buses, I don't know ur location but running an Interstate (States that re not too far from each other eg Edo/delta, Lagos/ibadan, abuja/kaduna port/bayelsa etc) will definitely brings daily money for u. Just to and fro everyday is ok. People don't stay in one place, they must move about. 10 million should be able to buy you 2 Sharp ones (First grade tocumbor). You drive one yourself and give one out on hire purchase to a responsible trust worthy married man with family, preferably a man in his 50s (Men in this age bracket re more matured, honest and knows how to maintain vehicles, they drive with care) My dear brother, all things being equal, this business under one year should give u double your capital. I mean double, not just your capital.
all these you mentioned are good lucrative business but it is not easy to grow, though it look easy but when you venture into it you will understand what I'm saying.

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
SaintUlot:

You think that all other people sharing all the above sorrowful experiences don't have a similar thing sketched on paper?
Every business has it challenges. Ask the Igbos.
It's all about determination. Am into transport business currently and I know how much am getting on daily bases, to think that I didn't even have anything close to 10 million when I started. I started with one Toyota Sienna Mini Bus. So I know what am saying. My next business venture now is fast food restaurants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
SaintUlot:

There's no where you find money that is easy. You have to work hard. Transport business is very lucrative but stressful. Same with any other business with high Return

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
brown3:
all these you mentioned are good lucrative business but it is not easy to grow, though it look easy but when you venture into it you will understand what I'm saying.
No business is easy to grow. I just gave you a first hand information on businesses you can go into with huge capital like u had where there will be minimal regrets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SavageResponse(m): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
PhilipReigns:

There is no way a bus that was purchased for 5million to deliver 30K everyday will double the capital in just 1 year if you want to be realistic.

There is no way the bus will deliver 30K every single day of the year!

The bus will break down and need servicing from time to time

There are low business periods when passengers will be few and this will affect revenue

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
SavageResponse:

There is no way a bus that was purchased for 5million to deliver 30K everyday will double the capital in just 1 year if you want to be realistic.

There is no way the bus will deliver 30K every single day of the year!

The bus will break down and need servicing from time to time

There are low business periods when passengers will be few and this will affect revenue
2 buses I said, not one.
Of course you will service it, as for low passengers at certain moments affecting revenue, did I mention there re also times ur vehicle are booked/chartered for occasion. I didn't even add that revenue to it monthly earnings, that can make up for the moments when passengers will be few. I only did an average summary of income which is very possible if you're determined enough. There are Saturdays my Sienna was booked for to and fro movement of some wedding guests thru a certain location for 70k full-day booking. I didn't even add that to the total earnings, I see it as bonuses that should be overlooked. A Toyota hiace bus can convey more guests to wedding or burial ceremonies than a seinna and more guests means more money. You can get an average of 5 different trips like that in a month which is even less stressful than d usual pick and drop of passengers during normal working days because you will be fed and well taken care of thru out the lasting hours of the occasion with food and drinks. If I have more money in future I will definitely go into full time transport business like registering a transport company like God is Good motors, Young shall grow etc these are end time billionaires that don't go about blowing Thier trumpet like dangote. So my friend, my analysis is very much in line with reality. a vehicle of 5 million naira should still be at it Very best condition, all the best! Money is not easy to come by, you must pursue it. Hardwork pays, am a living testimony.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by OKB35(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
PhilipReigns:

2 buses I said, not one.
Of course you will service it, as for low passengers at certain moments affecting revenue, did I mention there re also times ur vehicle are booked/chartered for occasion. I didn't even add that revenue to it monthly earnings, that can make up for the moments when passengers will be few. I only did an average summary of income which is very possible if you're determined enough. There are Saturdays my Sienna was booked for to and fro movement of some wedding guests thru a certain location for 70k full-day booking. I didn't even add that to the total earnings, I see it as bonuses that should be overlooked. A Toyota hiace bus can convey more guests to wedding or burial ceremonies than a seinna and more guests means more money. You can get an average of 5 different trips like that in a month which is even less stressful than d usual pick and drop of passengers during normal working days because you will be fed and well taken care of thru out the lasting hours of the occasion with food and drinks. If I have more money in future I will definitely go into full time transport business like registering a transport company like God is Good motors, Young shall grow etc these are end time billionaires that don't go about blowing Thier trumpet like dangote. So my friend, my analysis is very much in line with reality. a vehicle of 5 million naira should still be at it Very best condition, all the best! Money is not easy to come by, you must pursue it. Hardwork pays, am a living testimony.

This your analysis shows you are really not into the Transportation business as you claimed. First let me ask you one major question? What's your location? Are you into Inter State transportation? Do you employed the service of a driver for daily deliver?

If you really want to flush your hard earned money down the drain by a Car/bus and give it to a driver to deliver for you. I am 70% sure it will end in regret.

5 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mariangeles:

They’re just wasting their time living an illusionary life.

I tell you
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
OKB35:

This your analysis shows you are really not into the Transportation business as you claimed. First let me ask you one major question? What's your location? Are you into Inter State transportation? Do you employed the service of a driver for daily deliver?

If you really want to flush your hard earned money down the drain by a Car/bus and give it to a driver to deliver for you. I am 70% sure it will end in regret.
Daily delivery not deliver*, you also didn't go through my previous post before you mentioned me. while I'm tired of talking, I will briefly provide answers to your questions. No more details cos I don't see the need explaining things to anybody any further.
Question 1: Lagos
Question 2: Yes
Question 3: I started first with a single vehicle (Sienna) , drove it myself, then bought another one within a space of 6 months, gave out d former on hire purchase to an elderly man while I retain d new one. From one to two, two to three, three to four. You give them out on hire our purchase, weekly delivery. That way they protect the vehicle knowing it's going to belong to them upon completion of the agreed amount.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by OKB35(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Daily delivery not deliver*, you also didn't go through my previous post before you mentioned me. while I'm tired of talking, I will briefly provide answers to your questions. No more details cos I don't see the need explaining things to anybody any further.
Question 1: Lagos
Question 2: Yes
Question 3: I started first with a single vehicle (Sienna) , drove it myself, then bought another one within a space of 6 months, gave out d former on higher purchase to an elderly man while I retain d new one. From one to two, two to three, three to four. You give them out on hire our purchase, weekly delivery. That way they protect the vehicle knowing it's going to belong to them upon completion of the agreed amount.

Still all your analysis are only bases on Paper. From One to Two, Two to Three, Three, Four.. So easy. You bought your second car six month after, C'mon guy... How much are you really making everyday? You must be commuting between Lagos - Ibadan according to your analysis. How many trip do you do per day for for you to be able to buy your second car within Six Month .

Transportation business is not as lucrative as you are painting it. Car Hire purchase is another Line of business don't mix it Transport Business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SwTeee(f): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Theophinio:

Sorry my dear
Did you run it yourself, or you gave someone to manage it for you
I gave it out to somebody to manage, but I was always going there to supervise his activities...wat really happened was the person in charge of it wasn't irrigating the farm always
It's was all good at first, then everything went sour, the sun was another factor and the little harvest we got, we could not sell at a good price... Cus tomatoes was relatively cheap then

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by timsucess(m): 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
stupidmod3:
yes u interested in buying em?
Am a rabbit farmer
I want to know if you can buy dressed rabbit meat

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by einsteine(m): 4:17am On Jul 19, 2021
PhilipReigns:

You used almost 10 million Naira to open a pure water factory? Ah if I get hold of 10million right now I will never be poor again.

Na so Una go dey cap. Business environment is tough in Nigeria. Don't be so quick to boast that 10 million naira is enough to make you never to be poor again.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by einsteine(m): 4:25am On Jul 19, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Just negodu the businesses you are suggesting and you are the one who believes with 10 million, you will never be poor again? Such simplistic analysis.

Why should anyone leave the eatery they are already patronising for yours? How are you going to get premium space? Or you think landing a restaurant in any old place in a student environment would give you returns? And only foolish people go into business in order to get yes sir/yes ma.

It is also obvious you have not done transport business before. Or indeed any business (hence your idealistic analysis).

For all intending entrepreneurs, successful businesses are not based on how much money you have per se or business ideas you see on the internet. Successful businesses are based on exploiting GAPS in the market. A need or want in the market. A market that's not being served WELL ENOUGH. A loophole that existing businesses are not exploiting. A more efficient business process for certain things. A new product others don't have.

Not use 10 million and open a restaurant, hoping on vibes and Insha Allah in order to succeed.

15 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by cRobo: 5:25am On Jul 19, 2021
If you are willing and ready let's go into pharmaceuticals you will never regret it

obidadon:
I regretted going into pure water business.
I went into it big time with all my life savings.
Bought 2plots of land and built a nice factory that was properly fenced.

I bought some brand new dengli machines (packaging machines), bought two clean tokumbo dyna-150 trucks each for about 3m to be used for sachet water distribution.

The truck drivers were almost complaining of one issue or another. One day one trouble as the truck is always at the mechanic workshop. Mehn.... I almost lost my sanity.
I had to stop production and sold off everything.

I am yet to fully recover from it.

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by cRobo: 5:28am On Jul 19, 2021
brown3:
which business will you go into with 10million

Pharmaceuticals

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Providence2020(m): 5:56am On Jul 19, 2021
descarado:

We almost paid for 3 plots of land to go into that business cos we saw cheap land somewhere in Abuja. I know I will be regretting though I will still have my land. Like 4 yrs down the line, I went to that side for an official assignment and I regret not buying that land as I will be balling if I had.
don't get me wrong, poultry is a good business and in fact I intend to restart with very huge capital. It's capital intensive so don't ever try it without having a huge Capital

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2021
einsteine:

Just negodu the businesses you are suggesting and you are the one who believes with 10 million, you will never be poor again? Such simplistic analysis.

Why should anyone leave the eatery they are already patronising for yours? How are you going to get premium space? Or you think landing a restaurant in any old place in a student environment would give you returns? And only foolish people go into business in order to get yes sir/yes ma.

It is also obvious you have not done transport business before. Or indeed any business (hence your idealistic analysis).

For all intending entrepreneurs, successful businesses are not based on how much money you have per se or business ideas you see on the internet. Successful businesses are based on exploiting GAPS in the market. A need or want in the market. A market that's not being served WELL ENOUGH. A loophole that existing businesses are not exploiting. A more efficient business process for certain things. A new product others don't have.

Not use 10 million and open a restaurant, hoping on vibes and Insha Allah in order to succeed.
Just hear yourself talk
A loophole that existing business are not exploiting? Really? so tell me which business thereof that you're going to be the sole originator in a market environment. Any business you intend to open in a particular environment that's unfamiliar in that location probably have no market, hence the reason people aren't exploiting it.

You sound Very amateur and pessimistic when it comes to business and that's the first step to failure in it hence the reason we have so many regrets here. I'm telling you without missing words that food business is a sure ticket to high returns, ignoring the stress that comes with it... it's a business that blossom even if 15 restaurants re located on the same location let alone when it's sited in a student environment. so there's a legislative law restricting certain customers to a particular shop without having to exploit other new ones around, u re obviously not a businessman. Laziness is not an excuse in business. how do u think the Igbos survive in business where 20 igbo men and women will be selling the same items on the same Spot?

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Osawemwenzereal(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2021
Two important video to watch

Then you can earn up to 200,000 naira plus as I do

Watch both videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuQk89V_Tu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM3jhM276Qc
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2021
OKB35:

Still all your analysis are only bases on Paper. From One to Two, Two to Three, Three, Four.. So easy. You bought your second car six month after, C'mon guy... How much are you really making everyday? You must be commuting between Lagos - Ibadan according to your analysis. How many trip do you do per day for for you to be able to buy your second car within Six Month .

Transportation business is not as lucrative as you are painting it. Car Hire purchase is another Line of business don't mix it Transport Business.

15k daily, after subtracting fuel and agbero money. No police settlements cos I load at d park, all my papers are complete. Bought my sienna direct tuks (2004 model, second generation Sienna) not some Nigerian used car. So no serious issues besides normal oil change, tyre and other minor things u change in vehicles. Kola (Alagbado) to ibadan @2500 per passenger. 7 seaters Sienna(3 people at d back, 3 at d middle,1 at d front) plus driver(myself) that's 8 passengers total.

₦2500 *7 =₦17500 (*2) multiply that by returning trip, that's 35k total. When I subtract fuel and agbero,food, I still have 15k left to go home with. My wife is a goverment worker, so am able to save 10k daily from it in all things being equal. I go to work everyday, have no Reason to be idling away at home. On Saturdays I get bookings/charter sometimes two families I have to choose one. 70k full day, that covers my Saturday and Sundays earnings, even more than but let's just leave it like that. service my car every 3rd of each month from miscellaneous. ₦6500 for my engine's oil, power steering oil ₦3500(Not everymonth)
Let's do our calculations on my compulsory 10k daily savings only, while ignoring d 5k on top.
10*30 =300k a month.
300*6months= 1.8million (An amount for another very clean Nigerian used sienna)

7 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by lebete3000: 9:06am On Jul 19, 2021
TheCalculator:
In my case, starting was the easiest and getting people to patronize, the hardest!!!! cry

Which business was that?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by lebete3000: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2021
Magnumproperty:
You see frozen foods business naaaaa no go area oooooooo if u you don't have sufficient capital. Nepa wan kill me for like a week light no go dey. And I'm the only one selling in that area. I regretted doing that business with low capital. Infact many problem dey follow that business.

The more reason you should have made it...

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by lebete3000: 9:10am On Jul 19, 2021
Providence2020:
Poultry. It's very practical on paper but when it goes live it slowly grows into a drawn out timeline of heavy expenditure, it's not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I know how many times I had to dispose off dead birds that were perfectly normal the previous day. The worst part is the market that's very inconsiderate, someone even priced my fuccing birds at 2,500 each. That's after almost two months(8 weeks) of N23,000 per week. Regretful!!

I admit there's other variables that I won't mention here but remember the op says only businesses that we regret so that's it.

My failure in this business and generally most traditional businesses drove me into internet money, I haven't looked back since

Can you just me more on the internet stuff?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2021
lebete3000:

Which business was that?
Perfumes, not so many people use perfumes as such
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by ADude(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2021
TheCalculator:
In my case, starting was the easiest and getting people to patronize, the hardest!!!! cry
If its not working change to something else maybe you can even get to squeeze in somewhere on the shelf. Cut lose quick and meuve, don't be caught holding on to a dying horse. God bless the good works of our hands and help us execute faster and better

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by ADude(m): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2021
ednut1:
Catfish business.
what happened bro? Pls tell am at the eleventh hour of starting in a weeks time. What went wrong?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by ADude(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2021
YomiOlofin:
I'm a catfish expert. But I borrowed money for the startup of the one owned by me. I borrowed fish ponds for a year duration.

After my stocking of the ponds, diseases hit the ponds at the same time. Being a animal health expert too, I stopped the diseases within a week but what could have accounted for profit died within that few days.

After harvesting at 4 months, I got all the borrowed money back, but none was left to restock the ponds again. That means the leased ponds were not used for 8 months. I would have gotten my profit during the 8 months the ponds were lying idle.

To survive, I went into sport betting. My rule is to bet with lesser amount that I won't feel if lost. I prepare large odds and bet with 100 naira. Fortunately, I lose many and win some. Won bets always swallow whatever lost and I refuse to bet with anything beyond 1k even though I win nothing less than 12k in most cases.
What could have caused the disease chief and peradventure in the future how would you prevent the same occurrence? I'm starting few weeks time I need all you could tell me pls
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by nuelyoyo(m): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2021
Mini importation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Oluwahelpme(m): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price
Where is ur Barbing Salon located? I'm a barber. I can manage it for you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.