Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss (43910 Views)

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kingsolar: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
10kgod:

Oga... It's an investment. I will just explain the steps it involve. Let me know when you are ready.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kirkman: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
CelestineNelson:

Let me drop my email address instead...

Allright then; I will be waiting.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Theophinio(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dam417:
Forex,crypto & betting ...lost a car I intended to use to start a new life buy uber/bolt to thieves.. God please don't let me die in depression.

Be Strong
Don't keep thinking about your loss, if you do, you attract more losses
That's how the mind works
It attract to you what your mind dwells upon frequently in no distant time
God almighty will put Smiles in your life now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SavageResponse(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
WriterX:
This thread has been one of the best i have read so far on NL this 2021, i won't lie , I read all the comments from 1-11 and intend to read on, so much to learn .

MY IDEAL BUSINESSES ARE POULTRY OR A GAME CENTER OR A VIEWING CENTER

I intend to go into POULTRY because i have been assisting many people over three years now to raise birds, I don't eat chicken or any meat so i won't be bothered about eating them lol like someone mentioned which i understand how tempted one can be.

Its not going to be side hustle, i am a gemini and i always have that believe in what i do can prosper giving the right approach, yes feeding has been a pain in the asses of bird keepers but i intend to approach my business in a different way that can help minimize the cost.

its a good business and sadly i have seen so many failed at it , some reasons they caused and some that just happened, getting bad birds, poor feeding, maintenance and so many.
i like to think out of the box and experiment, i read alot and watch videos on fields i am keen on, hopefully knowledge isn't just power but profit as well.

i am still learning and i hope it can help me perfect my business when i start it eventually, i am sincere and honest atleast that is what i think lol (i know it kills some businesses lol)

at heart i am a gamer, i know alot of game houses around the neighborhood who make alot back then and the kids who spend nothing less than 3k on games, my ideal set up would be to introduce not just playstations (2,3,4 and if possible 5) but xboxs and internet gaming PCs but thats alot of money i will be putting in right? well i am also thinking of gaming subscription services and normal pay as you go, weekly competitions and monthly , to spice things up, i have asked around and the feed backs and surveys are actually good at the moment.

i read here about a guy who owns a game truck and goes to event to offer his services, its also a thing i would like to think of incorporating all this is money talk and that for now i am currently working on.

the viewing center is something that is poorly done in the area, i have made my own designs of what i think would be nice, its a student area and lots of youths around, i know what i can do if i get the right capital and i am extremely patient so hopefully it can help cope if difficulties arises.

all three are good businesses for me, but my heart is with poultry, i love keeping birds , have done it for years, i have seen the pros and cons, i have learnt alot of tricks and techniques from different people so its my focus point for now, but the other two are there and if iget the right support then i am good to go.

Some of these businesses look good on paper, it's when you actually start it that you'll realise that you don't know as much as you think you do about the business!

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Emmanuelhector(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lekobans21:
A boutique shop back then during my university days, my greatest mistake is venturing into females wear. Let me drop here because the rest Nah epistle ��
Bro wetin female wears do?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by stupidmod3: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
timsucess:

Do you mean you sell rabbit meat?
yes u interested in buying em?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Slimzzy00: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hamzaay:

Do you think I need to convince you. Poverty is in the mind bro. You are limitless.

That’s my account

Brother show me way abeg
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by solaiphones: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
Did poultry farming of about 500 layers spent more than a million. But the biz was ruined by theft.A neighbor started stealing my eggs and birds. Even exchanging my layers with culled layers. Learnt my lessons. Preparing to start again soon

Invested over half a million in fish farming. Fulani cattle invaded the earthly pond overnight entered into the pond drank all the water, just two months to harvest. Almost all the fish died.

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Dubetex96(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hello boss I'd love to learn more about this business is there anyway we could talk.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Promiseibritam: 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mariangeles:

Start again. It’s a good business.
At least, now you know what not to do.
Thanks.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kirkman: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
solaiphones:
Did poultry farming of about 500 layers spent more than a million. But the biz was ruined by theft.A neighbor started stealing my eggs and birds. Even exchanging my layers with culled layers. Learnt my lessons. Preparing to start again soon

Invested over half a million in fish farming. Fulani cattle invaded the earthly pond overnight entered into the pond drank all the water, just two months to harvest. Almost all the fish died.
If you can spend millions just to invest in such a business also set money aside to install CCTV cameras to catch thives and strays. At least you know where you erred before.

8 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by mattmogan88: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
waywardpikin:

Minus the COVID-19 situation, what else did you think went wrong? I'm curious to know please.

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kingsolar:

OK... Have messaged you.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by psucc(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Emmanuelhector:
Bro wetin female wears do?
hahahah haha. This reminds me of 2008/2009 (NYSC). One Mallam that dealt with female wears hear am. In fact, once he arrives with his wares, the female folk will toast Mallam. Dem go carry like say 5 pants enter room to see if e go fit only to return 2 tell Mallam na one fit am. That is, e go don wear like 3 for waist but pay for 1. Na same same dem go do with braissiere and if you see the way Mallam go d laugh, you sef go think say him win jackpot for America.

Mallam dey open bale every time but him no change kaftan for 6months.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
obidadon:
I regretted going into pure water business.
I went into it big time with all my life savings.
Bought 2plots of land and built a nice factory that was properly fenced.

I bought some brand new dengli machines (packaging machines), bought two clean tokumbo dyna-150 trucks each for about 3m to be used for sachet water distribution.

The truck drivers were almost complaining of one issue or another. One day one trouble as the truck is always at the mechanic workshop. Mehn.... I almost lost my sanity.
I had to stop production and sold off everything.

I am yet to fully recover from it.

You used almost 10 million Naira to open a pure water factory? Ah if I get hold of 10million right now I will never be poor again.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Theophinio(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
hollywater:
Bus business it's a big scam. The Driver scam me.

I was about venturing into it last year, but i keep hearing bad news about how bus owners keep lamenting about fraudulent drivers, so i decided to delete this business idea from my mind permanently
Wait a minute, did he run away with your bus

7 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Theophinio(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
SwTeee:
Tomatoes farming
Almost 500k enter water

Sorry my dear
Did you run it yourself, or you gave someone to manage it for you

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Owain: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
10kgod:

Weekly stuff... You can opt in for daily. It depends on what ur investment.
Make we chat na abeq.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
Owain:

Make we chat na abeq.

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by virginboy1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nice thread
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Yungmil: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2021
Hamzaay:
Delivery business. People over here no won pay for jobs ooo and the delivery thing is risky so I have to opt into my long time business freelancing and I am making noting less than $1k in a week for a bad days and $4k in other good weeks.
bro na u go help me 4 online biz oooo
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Ryan03(f): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
grin you are kidding right ?
I don laugh tire

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SaintUlot: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price

Your location
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by brown3: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2021
PhilipReigns:

You used almost 10 million Naira to open a pure water factory? Ah if I get hold of 10million right now I will never be poor again.
which business will you go into with 10million
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by adetayoonas(m): 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
newmoney133:
I discovered a market that has high demand.ice block and cold pure water.I di my market survey .Asked necessary questions.satisfied with my findings.i started going from one coldroom manufacturer to another.A guy in nairaland staying at Ibadan even promised to construct one for me at a high price but I was scared because my location is more than 7hours away from Ibadan.wasnt sure he will be willing to come to my location if it develop fault.I kept telling people till sonebody introduced me to an engineer.I went to the engineer house and saw about 3 powerful coldrooms that he said he constructed for himself.He said he decided to take the bull by the horn when people duped him when he needed a coldroom.we agreed and I pointed the exact one I wanted.when he delivered the coldroom the material he used was different.The takes more than thrice the hours I was told to freeze,started shocking me(I mean shock me when I touch it without a glove)Because my shop was located in a big market In a hot town.customers were already to book but no block to sell.The coldroom started giving problem from day 1.wasted money to repair and NEPA people use me chop me well well.I just wike up one day and i said enough is enough and I closed the business.i think the best business to do in Nigeria is buying and selling

On point buying and selling

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 3rdavefarms(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mariangeles:

Betting no be work!

Many people sit with it from morning till night

So it is like a work now

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
3rdavefarms:

Many people sit with it from morning till night

So it is like a work now

They’re just wasting their time living an illusionary life.

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by descarado: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
Providence2020:
Poultry. It's very practical on paper but when it goes live it slowly grows into a drawn out timeline of heavy expenditure, it's not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I know how many times I had to dispose off dead birds that were perfectly normal the previous day. The worst part is the market that's very inconsiderate, someone even priced my fuccing birds at 2,500 each. That's after almost two months(8 weeks) of N23,000 per week. Regretful!!

I admit there's other variables that I won't mention here but remember the op says only businesses that we regret so that's it.

My failure in this business and generally most traditional businesses drove me into internet money, I haven't looked back since
We almost paid for 3 plots of land to go into that business cos we saw cheap land somewhere in Abuja. I know I will be regretting though I will still have my land. Like 4 yrs down the line, I went to that side for an official assignment and I regret not buying that land as I will be balling if I had.

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by descarado: 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Theophinio:

I was about venturing into it last year, but i keep hearing bad news about how bus owners keep lamenting about fraudulent drivers, so i decided to delete this business idea from my mind permanently
Wait a minute, did he run away with your bus
They may not run away but will disappear today, come back with loads of problems tomorrow.
Some do disappear too.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by descarado: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
adetayoonas:

On point buying and selling
Many don't know that yet. Do you see traders complaining? Unless they don't have the sixth sense used in engaging in buying and selling.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
brown3:
which business will you go into with 10million
Business that brings daily money.

Example 1: food business. 10 million can make u an owner of a fancy fast food restaurant . People must eat everyday, they put in their stomach infrastructure first before clothes, shoes etc it's daily money. You will also be an employer of labour with everyone answering you 'yes sir' and your wife 'yes ma' if you want to make more profits then dedicate time for the business and deal directly with d financial aspect of the business, that way your sales girls won't rip you off. Whatever happens u must recover your capital within a year or two no matter d location. If you can site it in a student environment (I mean a town with university or college of education), then it's blood money for you.

Example 2: Transport business. Although anyone who has an idle 10 million to invest in Business is surely a big man, if u can swallow ur pride, you will make daily return of nothing less than 30k each (that's 60k daily) being an owner of 2 first grades tocumbor hummer buses, I don't know ur location but running an Interstate (States that re not too far from each other eg Edo/delta, Lagos/ibadan, abuja/kaduna port/bayelsa etc) will definitely brings daily money for u. Just to and fro everyday is ok. People don't stay in one place, they must move about. 10 million should be able to buy you 2 Sharp ones (First grade tocumbor). You drive one yourself and give one out on hire purchase to a responsible trust worthy married man with family, preferably a man in his 50s (Men in this age bracket re more matured, honest and knows how to maintain vehicles, they drive with care) My dear brother, all things being equal, this business under one year should give u double your capital. I mean double, not just your capital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin / How To Create Perfect Money Account, Fund And Withdraw / Innocent Chukwuma's Wife: "I Was Slapped By EFCC Official" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.