Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss (43917 Views)

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Utchaykuku(m): 7:46am On Jul 17, 2021
Hamzaay:
Delivery business. People over here no won pay for jobs ooo and the delivery thing is risky so I have to opt into my long time business freelancing and I am making noting less than $1k in a week for a bad days and $4k in other good weeks.

Hello boss I'd love to learn more about this is there anyway we could talk
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Itzi8(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2021
Dove18:

Where is your location?
I do palm processing.... There's a huge plantain potential in my domain with zero processing companies at d moment...
Text me (sms) 07030423588

Anambra State, please where do you reside?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Slyjay1(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2021
Good morning! Pls how can I do the market survey and requirements gathering? I’m venturing into a bar business and I have no idea. I got someone who’s very creative and extremely good at the business but he doesn’t have capital. I’m dropping capital and also partnering with him so I’m almost like the owner. How can I survey this kind of business and understands it.

CelestineNelson:
None...because I always do enough market survey and requirements gathering before I venture into anything. It is said that he who does not plan actually plan to fail...

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Extremefiles(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2021
Virus99:

What happened to your dispatch bike ?

The Rider was a thief

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by tammyf: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2021
OKB35:

OK. Are u interested in a partnership?
Drop ur cell let's talk
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by psucc(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
The ability to forsee the end of an a business before starting is the major reason why people fail in business, I see more people failing miserably in business because they lack this gift.

This I have seen.
Lies. Man is not given to know his tomorrow or else everything would've worked according to plan.

Even those "Edo Brethren" who use to fly do not land at the appropriate "airport".

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by ablejesus26(m): 9:00am On Jul 17, 2021
dancok:
bro you should not have,I school in unad now ESKU the type of student living in iworoko is not the type that can patronize eatery, sorry for the loss.

Men the competition is extremely choky, everyone wants to run an eatery.
I initially planned on just openly a shawarma and spaghetti business in Satellite,but I was convinced by a Chef to go full time into eatery.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by WriterX(m): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2021
This thread has been one of the best i have read so far on NL this 2021, i won't lie , I read all the comments from 1-11 and intend to read on, so much to learn .

MY IDEAL BUSINESSES ARE POULTRY OR A GAME CENTER OR A VIEWING CENTER

I intend to go into POULTRY because i have been assisting many people over three years now to raise birds, I don't eat chicken or any meat so i won't be bothered about eating them lol like someone mentioned which i understand how tempted one can be.

Its not going to be side hustle, i am a gemini and i always have that believe in what i do can prosper giving the right approach, yes feeding has been a pain in the asses of bird keepers but i intend to approach my business in a different way that can help minimize the cost.

its a good business and sadly i have seen so many failed at it , some reasons they caused and some that just happened, getting bad birds, poor feeding, maintenance and so many.
i like to think out of the box and experiment, i read alot and watch videos on fields i am keen on, hopefully knowledge isn't just power but profit as well.

i am still learning and i hope it can help me perfect my business when i start it eventually, i am sincere and honest atleast that is what i think lol (i know it kills some businesses lol)

at heart i am a gamer, i know alot of game houses around the neighborhood who make alot back then and the kids who spend nothing less than 3k on games, my ideal set up would be to introduce not just playstations (2,3,4 and if possible 5) but xboxs and internet gaming PCs but thats alot of money i will be putting in right? well i am also thinking of gaming subscription services and normal pay as you go, weekly competitions and monthly , to spice things up, i have asked around and the feed backs and surveys are actually good at the moment.

i read here about a guy who owns a game truck and goes to event to offer his services, its also a thing i would like to think of incorporating all this is money talk and that for now i am currently working on.

the viewing center is something that is poorly done in the area, i have made my own designs of what i think would be nice, its a student area and lots of youths around, i know what i can do if i get the right capital and i am extremely patient so hopefully it can help cope if difficulties arises.

all three are good businesses for me, but my heart is with poultry, i love keeping birds , have done it for years, i have seen the pros and cons, i have learnt alot of tricks and techniques from different people so its my focus point for now, but the other two are there and if iget the right support then i am good to go.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by adonainana: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
tammyf:
Hmm,this ur number dey fear me....y not use ur normal Nigerian number if u mean business

WhatsApp 0806 321 4473
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 10:58am On Jul 17, 2021
ford101:
no business can strive in ado ekiti. A town that wake up by 10am.
Lol
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by criuze(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price

Were is the location
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by oguns222: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2021
ijeshaboy:
Poultry my wife was dashing people eggs, and life chicken, i have to close down.

That woman is your enemy. Except if she is the owner of the business

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by wonyi: 11:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Providence2020:
Poultry. It's very practical on paper but when it goes live it slowly grows into a drawn out timeline of heavy expenditure, it's not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I know how many times I had to dispose off dead birds that were perfectly normal the previous day. The worst part is the market that's very inconsiderate, someone even priced my fuccing birds at 2,500 each. That's after almost two months(8 weeks) of N23,000 per week. Regretful!!

I admit there's other variables that I won't mention here but remember the op says only businesses that we regret so that's it.

My failure in this business and generally most traditional businesses drove me into internet money, I haven't looked back since

Good day, please what is the calculation? "23, 000 per week for how many birds?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by wonyi: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2021
MrOkenwa:
1) Selling of floor and sugar to bakeries around me. Many of them bought on credit without paying back.
2) I did irrigation farming with my friend. It was a huge success but I resumed back to school before the harvest period. The guy sold everything and refused to give me shishi. embarassed

WHAT did you cultivate please?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by CelestineNelson: 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
Slyjay1:
Good morning! Pls how can I do the market survey and requirements gathering? I’m venturing into a bar business and I have no idea. I got someone who’s very creative and extremely good at the business but he doesn’t have capital. I’m dropping capital and also partnering with him so I’m almost like the owner. How can I survey this kind of business and understands it.

You are asking for a business plan. That will take me at least 3days to prepare I don't know if you will wait till then!
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by showafrica(m): 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
Overthemoonman:
Can I message you, sir?

sure... showafrica at gmaildotcom
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by calcal: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
he was the only one being paid, i was always asked to bring in more money. the farm folded when i refused to bring in more money.

hope my business partner is here on NL reading this

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by hansomb: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
Magnumproperty:
You see frozen foods business naaaaa no go area oooooooo if u you don't have sufficient capital. Nepa wan kill me for like a week light no go dey. And I'm the only one selling in that area. I regretted doing that business with low capital. Infact many problem dey follow that business.
also ice cream, drinks, snacks, chicken, yourghurt etc included

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by criuze(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
MamaFryo:
Meat delivery biz. It ended in tears. I started building my customer base from family and friends; they ruined the biz with debt.

However, I won't give up because I have the brand name registered already. I will repackage and come up with new strategy. I never say die.

Never say die

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
SwTeee:
Tomatoes farming
Almost 500k enter water
What happened?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Promiseibritam:
Last year, during the lock down I Used 11k and runs this Roasted Chicken

My uncle has a drinking palour which he's still running now

I Decided to roast chicken to provide more market for him and for me.

But debtors made me run and leave the business.

Start again. It’s a good business.

At least, now you know what not to do.

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by fergieboy: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Someone should do a counter thread on which business you didn’t regret starting

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by waywardpikin: 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
mattmogan88:
Video game center.
lasted just a year.

2019-2020.

Coupled with COVID-19

Minus the COVID-19 situation, what else did you think went wrong? I'm curious to know please.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Owain: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
10kgod:

Yeah.. You can select daily or weekly. Anyhow you like it. But it's investment oooo. You can't start with zero # or $

This is not crypto trading(spot trading and the other one) or what are they calling it.
I for like learn oo bro, the daily aspect or weekly at most. Is that what you do also??
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SKhanmi: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
WriterX:
This thread has been one of the best i have read so far on NL this 2021, i won't lie , I read all the comments from 1-11 and intend to read on, so much to learn .

MY IDEAL BUSINESSES ARE POULTRY OR A GAME CENTER OR A VIEWING CENTER

I intend to go into POULTRY because i have been assisting many people over three years now to raise birds, I don't eat chicken or any meat so i won't be bothered about eating them lol like someone mentioned which i understand how tempted one can be.

Its not going to be side hustle, i am a gemini and i always have that believe in what i do can prosper giving the right approach, yes feeding has been a pain in the asses of bird keepers but i intend to approach my business in a different way that can help minimize the cost.

its a good business and sadly i have seen so many failed at it , some reasons they caused and some that just happened, getting bad birds, poor feeding, maintenance and so many.
i like to think out of the box and experiment, i read alot and watch videos on fields i am keen on, hopefully knowledge isn't just power but profit as well.

i am still learning and i hope it can help me perfect my business when i start it eventually, i am sincere and honest atleast that is what i think lol (i know it kills some businesses lol)

at heart i am a gamer, i know alot of game houses around the neighborhood who make alot back then and the kids who spend nothing less than 3k on games, my ideal set up would be to introduce not just playstations (2,3,4 and if possible 5) but xboxs and internet gaming PCs but thats alot of money i will be putting in right? well i am also thinking of gaming subscription services and normal pay as you go, weekly competitions and monthly , to spice things up, i have asked around and the feed backs and surveys are actually good at the moment.

i read here about a guy who owns a game truck and goes to event to offer his services, its also a thing i would like to think of incorporating all this is money talk and that for now i am currently working on.

the viewing center is something that is poorly done in the area, i have made my own designs of what i think would be nice, its a student area and lots of youths around, i know what i can do if i get the right capital and i am extremely patient so hopefully it can help cope if difficulties arises.

all three are good businesses for me, but my heart is with poultry, i love keeping birds , have done it for years, i have seen the pros and cons, i have learnt alot of tricks and techniques from different people so its my focus point for now, but the other two are there and if iget the right support then i am good to go.

Nice. But from previous experience & observations. I'll rather sell/produce feed than rear chickens. It's the same with humans, we must eat no matter the condition.

The game center idea is also a good one, there's even a good thread on it with relatable experiences somewhere around on nl. Location & innovation matters though.

Viewing centre? Do they ever last?

8 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kingsolar: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
10kgod:

Either you did it at the wrong time or you invested on wrong coins. I did my investment last year and it's what's keeping me up till today. Just that market is down for cryptocurrency right now... Still yet, profit dey enter
Oga help us abeg
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kingsolar: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
lelvin:
I'm planning on starting a gas retail business in August.

If it's not too much to ask, can you put me through?

Thanks.

I can if u want

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kirkman: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
CelestineNelson:

You are asking for a business plan. That will take me at least 3days to prepare I don't know if you will wait till then!

Boss pls kindly drop your watsapp digits, I need you for something very urgent.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by CelestineNelson: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kirkman:

Boss pls kindly drop your watsapp digits, I need you for something very urgent.
Let me drop my email address instead...
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by timsucess(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
stupidmod3:
i can sell rabbit meat
Do you mean you sell rabbit meat?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kingsolar:

Oga help us abeg

Oga... It's an investment. I will just explain the steps it involve. Let me know when you are ready.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Owain:

I for like learn oo bro, the daily aspect or weekly at most. Is that what you do also??

Weekly stuff... You can opt in for daily. It depends on what ur investment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin / How To Create Perfect Money Account, Fund And Withdraw / Innocent Chukwuma's Wife: "I Was Slapped By EFCC Official" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.