Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss (43808 Views)

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by chloride6: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Gas retail at Ibadan
Dem no gree buy from me as I no be indigene.
Last last I use the money drink beer and catfish.
As losses dey enter I kuku use am chow make I no get ulcer join.

Dumped it and started afresh and boom!!!!!!

Are you joking?

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Enoch07: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Arizona (AZ)

I chop the money, smoke the AZ finish

Lol no wonder you be rapist

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Kirkman: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
iramure:
long frame Ford bus. I regretted venturing into it. Now I am indebted to my creditors.
But ford bus parts are readily available at Ladipo, maybe it was the mechanic you had that was trying to fleece you. You should have just closed eyes and bought a tokunbo engine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
Overthemoonman:
I invested over 200k in crypto, now my money no even each 10k for all my wallets again.. All the coins din turn 00

Either you did it at the wrong time or you invested on wrong coins. I did my investment last year and it's what's keeping me up till today. Just that market is down for cryptocurrency right now... Still yet, profit dey enter

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
beaversticks:
Betting... It will ruin your life... Just picking up the pieces of my life ... And very outspoken in advocating for those betting ...

Please stay away from it !!!!

Betting is not a business.
Thankfully, you’ve learnt your lesson.

10 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hamzaay:
Delivery business. People over here no won pay for jobs ooo and the delivery thing is risky so I have to opt into my long time business freelancing and I am making noting less than $1k in a week for a bad days and $4k in other good weeks.

Bait!

Nobody asked for a screenshot.

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SpartanJ: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
Piggery!

The cost analysis was so perfect on Paper.

Unfortunately I was not available 100% because It needs the presence of the owner or a dedicated staff.

Mehnn Dedicated staffs are hard to find o. am used to dealing with educated folks but dealing with uneducated folks is crazy!

No friends in farming, Please plan very well and engage consultants if you intend going into farming! Logistics is key as well.

Lost millions but I have since moved on.

Lessons learnt!

God's grace!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by lelvin(m): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
I'm planning on starting a gas retail business in August.

If it's not too much to ask, can you put me through?

Thanks.

southniyikaye:
;Dso it means I WAs lucky mine picked cos I no be indigene o, but got a good location

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
ablejesus26:
Eatery business in Iworoko Ado Ekiti,it was a blunder ��
bro you should not have,I school in unad now ESKU the type of student living in iworoko is not the type that can patronize eatery, sorry for the loss.

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
MamaFryo:
Meat delivery biz. It ended in tears. I started building my customer base from family and friends; they ruined the biz with debt.

However, I won't give up because I have the brand name registered already. I will repackage and come up with new strategy. I never say die.

That is the spirit!

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by OKB35(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
Frozen Chicken Production. Was not really a Huge Loss cos it was only placed on hold. I rear the chicken and processed it supply to major market in Lagos and Ibadan. The high cost of Feed and DOC makes me to pause for now. I have my pen and semi automated processing plant. The capital requirements is too much for me now. I raise at least a thousand birds for slaughtering. If you have the capital my facilities is available for lease.

9 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
I started pop corn making immediately I finished my service.... Last year stuff. I had to close down because of location. Sold the machine and other things. Didn't make profit from it. I thank God for crypto today. But right now, world power is trying to destroy this same cryptocurrency.... May God not let this their determination become reality embarassed embarassed embarassed.

Presently, I'm trying to dive in to frozen food biz. I'm afraid to start this because of inflation out there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
SamPeeLamen:
You see poultry biz? Run away from it. I started the biz well but 12 weeks later, i started getting fat while the biz was dying without reason, or so i thought. Turns out the biz died cos i ate most of the chickens.

You ere a comedian. grin grin grin grin grin grin
How you go chop chop your chickens. Chai grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
3rdavefarms:
Betting , even though I regain 40k yesterday , is still a loss

Betting no be work!

7 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Owain: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
10kgod:

Either you did it at the wrong time or you invested on wrong coins. I did my investment last year and it's what's keeping me up till today. Just that market is down for cryptocurrency right now... Still yet, profit dey enter
Do you make profits on a daily or what??
Is it possible to make daily profits on crypto pls??

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price

No sell your equipment. No give up yet!

The business get prospect, but if your skills dey outdated, customers no go come.
Just up your game. Sharpen your skills using YouTube videos.
Good luck.

10 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Lamanii22(f): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
Mustiboy:

Wetin concern me with your account?

You've probably not made the amount I've made.

I'm just telling you that it's not impossible to make $4k a month. I know a guy who's was featured on Upwork last year. Yes, they interviewed him and Wanted him to be one of the faces on their cover. His name is Ayobami Paul. Nigerians are doing well.

Please what's freelancing all about.... I'm interested
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by ford101: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
ablejesus26:
Eatery business in Iworoko Ado Ekiti,it was a blunder ��
no business can strive in ado ekiti. A town that wake up by 10am.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
Themarkethere:

No mind the small boy. Small pikin never see market, e say gain too much.

Exactly my thoughts. Some people no know for business, there are things that are way beyond our control, no matter what.

The worst of all external factors that are against the success of a business is the political factor. Take for instance, the recent lootings going on in South Africa, so many businesses are gonna close down cos of that shit. This has nothing to do with proper planning.

27 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Lamanii22(f): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
Ekg911:
boss teach me this freelancing stuff na.. 08153376625

Me too 09071360935
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by showafrica(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
IamGreen1:

You go use 200k gather shit coins I guess, all these coins that you'll use $50 buy 100trillion units of it. I'll advise you to just try forget your password for your mind for now, something good will definitely still come out from some of them. I'm also hoping for the best in years too,

With 200k you can monitor btc and make your profit. Unless you really want to fire and forget.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
BlueBanana:

Pls What service do you render on the freelance site
You took the bait!

Beware of scammers!!!

7 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Jaystye34: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kindly add me on WhatsApp 08186374636..

Itzi8:
I was into Beans flour and plantain flour Productions respectively, but the aftermath of the EndSARS protest changed the whole narrative for me, particularly in affording the raw materials for production. Many credit sales,and nothing to show for it today, and now, I've closed down the process, what used to be the talk of the people.
A bag of beans Rose from 35k - 40k - 49k - 55k - 60k - 70k, and the price of a bunch of plantain Rose to 7k per bunch. I had to run for my dear life, cuz it was way beyond what I can manage to operate with, and the worse part is that the customers will never listen to you when there's increment, until then, they will tell you, if you don't want to sell, you should keep it now.

My products stood out amongst major companies within, cuz of it's unadulterated nature and zero preservatives, but it's no more today.

How I wish there's someone, who is willing to partner with me, or willing to tap into the business, with my knowledge, we can do a great job.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Mukah1234:
Well for me, every business I started and left had a purpose. I started a photocopy and printing business in school, business income went into my upkeep and that was the purpose. Business lasted while I was in school and I sold off when I was leaving school.

That is not business but rather occupation.
You do business with the intent of sustaining it for generations on end.

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by yetty247(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
I sell Original Honey and No regrets so far

I want to go into Cat fish smoking

Any advice?

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Okunrinogun: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
I started poultry business(broiler) last year and the business was doing good until when the price of Feed skyrocket and the business begin to go down, now I want to try layers hopefully it will go well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nicoddemus(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
iramure:
Haulaging/transport business. The vehicle is always giving issues. Ended up spending close to #2.2 million to repair which included changing the engine to tokunbo, yet no breakthrough. Las las, the vehicle is in mechanic workshop for the past 2 months. What a huge loss!

You would had bought a direct foreign used
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
ford101:
no business can strive in ado ekiti. A town that wake up by 10am.
you know this side is not as Lagos,so Eatery is not their thing,u should have convert to buka sharply when you don observe the market.

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
Overthemoonman:
I invested over 200k in crypto, now my money no even each 10k for all my wallets again.. All the coins din turn 00

For real
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by CelestineNelson: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
ogkrakkid:

Shut up i too know. shocked u talk too much.
Keep Celebrating and anticipating Business Failures oo...is like it is a Normal and common thing in your area there...the world has thought you to believed that there is no business without failure...you don't know the man behind this theory of failure and yet you follow it blindly, and you want everyone to understand why you should be a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nicoddemus(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2021
BenedictStinson:
If you're not careful transport business can wreck you. Banks won't even give you loan because to them vehicles are "diminishing assets" so it can't be used as collateral. You will just be using money on expenses. At the end of the day when you finally give up, the condition of the vehicles won't even attract reasonable offers so you will be left with nothing

Please what are the precautions to take? I just bought a car for transportation (foreign used). What you just said somehow raised my fear

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
Afriqan:

Just say you were a bad business man and stop using ur indigeneship as an excuse. No matter your tribe, if you are nice and have a good attitude, people will patronise you, especially Yorubas cos they are not tribalistic. There are Igbos and Hausas flourishing in IB and every other place in the southwest.

Some of you have very bad customer relationship and yet u want people to bring their money to you, it doesn't work that way.

You said it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.