Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss (43816 Views)

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

Exactly my thoughts. Some people no know for business, there are things that are way beyond our control, no matter what.

The worst of all external factors that are against the success of a business is the political factor. Take for instance, the recent lootings going on in South Africa, so many businesses are gonna close down cos of that shit. This have nothing to do with proper planning.
Three things usually affect business
1) Physical/External factor.
2)spiritual factor
3)Location.

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
iramure:
Haulaging/transport business. The vehicle is always giving issues. Ended up spending close to #2.2 million to repair which included changing the engine to tokunbo, yet no breakthrough. Las las, the vehicle is in mechanic workshop for the past 2 months. What a huge loss!

Pele.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by ogkrakkid(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
CelestineNelson:

Keep Celebrating and anticipating Business Failures oo...is like it is a Normal and common thing in your area there...the world has thought you to believed that there is no business without failure...you don't know the man behind this theory of failure and yet you follow it blindly, and you want everyone to understand why you should be a failure.
Shut up again loose cannon.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
id4sho:

My Guy's Roth (female) no gree carry belle, he has crossed with several males in jos. She's eating free food 4years and counting, very infertile bit¢h

Too many crazy comedians dey this nairaland

That dog is the typical example of a useless Nigeria girl. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Dam417:
Forex,crypto & betting ...lost a car I intended to use to start a new life buy uber/bolt to thieves.. God please don't let me die in depression.

Chai! Sorry!

Don’t give up.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by PhilipReigns(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
lazkizz:
Beer parlor,
my friends and my girlfriend Drank both the Capital and interest

Can't even pay the shop rent cool
Lol , what kills business is credit.
Buying things on credit by relations and friends, I will pay u tomorrow, tomorrow turns to 2 months, and then one year,...Lol
Nigerians are terrible at repaying debts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hamzaay:

Do you think I need to convince you. Poverty is in the mind bro. You are limitless.

That’s my account

Scammer alert!!!

Beware people!
Hold on tight to the little money you have!

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by praiseneo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
SecretReporter:
what is your location ?
abulegba Lagos
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by grandpoh(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
Providence2020:
Poultry. It's very practical on paper but when it goes live it slowly grows into a drawn out timeline of heavy expenditure, it's not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I know how many times I had to dispose off dead birds that were perfectly normal the previous day. The worst part is the market that's very inconsiderate, someone even priced my fuccing birds at 2,500 each. That's after almost two months(8 weeks) of N23,000 per week. Regretful!!

I don’t know about you but this has been the best business I’ve vested my time all thanks to my woman

I admit there's other variables that I won't mention here but remember the op says only businesses that we regret so that's it.

My failure in this business and generally most traditional businesses drove me into internet money, I haven't looked back since
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by hollywater: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
Bus business it's a big scam. The Driver scam me.

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Bouncin(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
Damn!
So I managed to save 1ml from a contract job. As the contract was about coming to an end, I tried creating another source of income that could replace it so I could continue to enjoy grin But it all ended in premium tears when I was advised to start a transport business.
In the process, I bought a Nigerian used Sharon motor. Omo na so this vehicle gave me the shock of my life. There's no single day it won't break down. I nearly repaired my life out cry . When it became clear to me that I was dieing, I had to sell it not even up to one tenth of what I bought it cry. I almost became hypertensive then. Mehn, it was really a horrible experience for a very young guy like me. What killed me the most is the fact that the person that sold this vehicle to me happen to be someone that I look up to as a father. He assured me that the vehicle is in very good shape. He worked with my mechanic to commit that atrocity. I hate them with passion but I have to move on. I will rise again by grace of God!
Lession: do not trust anyone.

64 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by osazsky(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2021
beaversticks:
Betting... It will ruin your life... Just picking up the pieces of my life ... And very outspoken in advocating for those betting ...

Please stay away from it !!!!
is betting a biz? Or u be vendor way open shop for north..pls specify
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
jirehUB:

If you wan old quick, do rice milling... nof said

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
Owain:

Do you make profits on a daily or what??
Is it possible to make daily profits on crypto pls??

Yeah.. You can select daily or weekly. Anyhow you like it. But it's investment oooo. You can't start with zero # or $

This is not crypto trading(spot trading and the other one) or what are they calling it.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mariangeles(f): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
hollywater:
Bus business it's a big scam. The Driver scam me.
It’s not a scam when you do it yourself.
One thing I’ve learned through this thread is that most people want to make money by letting others run their businesses for them.
If you want your business to grow, you have to be involved.

27 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by tammyf: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
OKB35:
Frozen Chicken Production. Was not really a Huge Loss cos it was only placed on hold. I rear the chicken and processed it supply to major market in Lagos and Ibadan. The high cost of Feed and DOC makes me to pause for now. I have my pen and semi automated processing plant. The capital requirements is too much for me now. I raise at least a thousand birds for slaughtering. If you have the capital my facilities is available for lease.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by TheSparrow: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
preciousMI1:
for free?
Not free sir. 10k only.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Darkmode64: 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
TheSparrow:
There are several businesses you can start and run profitably in Nigeria. Below are six that readily comes to mind:

1. Rice Milling

One of the best businesses one can venture into in Nigeria today is parboiled rice production (Rice Milling).

Nigerians currently consume over 5 million metric tons, which is equivalent to over 100 million 50Kg bags of rice annually. With the current population growth rate of Nigeria, the consumption of rice is estimated to reach about 35 million metric tons (700 million 50Kg bags) by the year 2050.

There is high demand for rice in Nigeria. With a population of over 180 million people and an estimated national population growth rate of 5.7% per annum ,an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five {5} years, Nigeria has a large and growing market for rice.

As it stands, the current producers of good quality rice in the country cannot even meet up to 50% of the current demand. This is the reason why the market is flooded with poorly produced and low quality rice.

New entrants into the rice milling industry that can produce good quality parboiled rice will have an evergreen market waiting to be sold to.

2. Drinking Water Production

Another good business that does very well in Nigeria is drinking water production (Bottled water and Sachet Water).

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically produced and well packaged food products like bottled water.

The market for packaged water is high and cut across all parts of the country. With a population of over one hundred and eighty million (180,000,000) people, and an estimated national population growth is 5.7% per annum, Nigeria has a large and sustainable market for packaged water.

3. Poultry Farming

Poultry farming is yet another business that gives good returns on investment.

Poultry farming has risen to become one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria today. This aspect of livestock farming, if set-up and managed properly, provides legitimate continuous income for entrepreneurs within a short period of time. There are over 160 million consumers in Nigeria and over one billion in Africa. This provides a large, growing and sustainable market for poultry farmers in Nigeria, and Africa in general.

4. Pounded Yam Flour Production

Pounded yam flour is another product that you can chose the invest in its production.

Pounded yam is a popular delicacy produced from boiled yam tubers, and is consumed by many people across Africa. However, a lot of people, especially the middle class find it difficult to prepare pounded yam the traditional way which involves boiling yam, pounding it in a mortar using a piston, until it becomes a succulent dough.

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically processed, easy to prepare and well packaged food products like yam flour.

5. Maize (Corn) Flour Production

This is another business that you can quickly setup and make good money with.

Maize can be processed into several products including Maize Flour, Maize Grits. Starch, etc.

With few producers focusing on the production of maize flour in Nigeria, there exists a large gap that needs to be filled by aspiring entrepreneurs in the country. This supply gap will continue to grow as the population of the country grows.

6. Cooking Oil Production

The production of Cooking oil, also called Vegetable oil is yet another viable business you can quickly setup and make good money in Nigeria.

The present production level of Vegetable Oil in Nigeria is yet to meet the demand of Nigerians. There is currently a ban on the importation of vegetable oil into the country. The ban was placed in other to encourage local producers to expand their operations, and new investors to go into the production of Vegetable Oil. This has made the business to be very lucrative.

Wishing you all the best in your quest.

Source: To read more, Visit: https://planbiz.com.ng/five-lucrative-businesses-you-can-start-in-nigeria-today-and-make-big-money/

Note: I can prepare a business plan for you on any of the above businesses for 10k only. Reach out via Call/WhatsApp: 09022106607
Why did you deviate totally from what the OP posted?

13 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Zealme: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
Na fish business I regret why I invested in the business I no see money wey I invested not to talk of gain

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by BOSMANARIS(m): 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
hardon1:

If the dog no grew get belle, give am belle ur sef na grin

Abeg, come help me do am for am

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
Zealme:
Na fish business I regret why I invested in the business I no see money wey I invested not to talk of gain

LOL... grin grin
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 10kgod(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Ekg911:
boss teach me this freelancing stuff na.. 08153376625

Freelancing... Hmmmm. Them no dey teach person. It only make sense if you have skill. No enter one chance ooooo

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Beava: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Share your experience pls so we can learn. Thanks
Blackman7:
Fish farming
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Iyasaburi: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
Legalcriminal:
Maybe the male dog is always putting on condom everytime he knacks or he has low sperm count.

You are wicked o which kind comment be this na

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by tammyf: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
adonainana:
Hotel business

At first i chopped money like there was no tommorrow, it a low budget hotel with sales of about 5k per night. Was banking in about 30k per day. It was like blood money for someone who has never made that much money from anything for like the first 6 months.

Mistake 1
About late last year, Nigeria happened and Buhari proved himself to why he was Buhari, inflation and purchasing power, i noticed people who still wanted to bring babes didnt have enough money left like that cos of food inflation etc. Most were now going for short time service which was 1500 naira for 2 hours. And as a man once you are done with what you want to do, your eye go clear till next time konjiii hooks you and you are back again.

So in essence i was cashing in more 1500 naira bookings instead of the 5,000 naira bookings resulting in less income per night

Mistake 2
When i was making crazy money per day, i too was forming big boy dashing people around money and acting like i had money, what people came to the hotel to do, me too i carried people to other expensive hotels to do.

Also i was repairing almost everything in the hotel customers will spoil, anything be painting the same wall over and over again

Meanwhile price of emulsion went from 4k to 12k minimum, i still would be doing renovations non stop

I even wanted to buy diesel generator at one point in time and give customers AC, Rooms that i know they wont still sleep in for less than 5k a night. Thank God i couldnt afford the diesel generator

Mistake 3- Ramadan period
Chai this period for like 2 months was hard ooo, its like everyone was holy and no one wanted to spoil thier fast, but once Ramadan ended, things went back to normal.

Conclusion
Save your money and put your money where your mouth is.

Now im still back but more clever now, I have stopped pointless renovations. And i have started saving my money,

Even now i have started lying to my staff that there is no money for renovations, lol the same people that remit 30k per day room bookings for me every day haha

Also im trying to do a palmwine lounge thing. I have noticed one thing its when people are drunk or tipsy thats when they start wanting to do the obvious.

Lead city university students too that always came to camp at the hotel and be doing party around the night looool

Chai

We can partner if you wish
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by beaversticks(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
Mariangeles:

Betting is not a business.
Thankfully, you’ve learnt your lesson.

Ask those that do it... Business isn't what you put money into for profit
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Katridge2021: 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
BluntTheApostle:
At first, it was blogging. I heard that one could make a lot of money. I researched niche, and started a blog. For a year, I posted consistently. Nothing came out of it. I rebranded, self-hosted my blog and invested on promotions. Still nothing. I only became poorer.

Then I saw Okadabooks talking about how profitable ebooks are. I began to write an ebook on mathematics. I paid for quality book covers, energetically advertised my book. NOTHING came out of it.

So what business are you into now and it's paying off?

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by HolyTitus(m): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hamzaay:
Delivery business. People over here no won pay for jobs ooo and the delivery thing is risky so I have to opt into my long time business freelancing and I am making noting less than $1k in a week for a bad days and $4k in other good weeks.
Do you teach people this stuff? if yes.. please kindly drop your contact make I holla bro. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by dalass(f): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hamzaay:
Delivery business. People over here no won pay for jobs ooo and the delivery thing is risky so I have to opt into my long time business freelancing and I am making noting less than $1k in a week for a bad days and $4k in other good weeks.
enlightenment is needed on this freelance business please grin

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by WoundedLamb: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
beaversticks:
Betting... It will ruin your life... Just picking up the pieces of my life ... And very outspoken in advocating for those betting ...

Please stay away from it !!!!

Advocating? You mean before you stopped betting?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by bembojay12(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price
drop your location and number

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by 2020Experience(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
Cosmetic business ruined millions for me. This business needs a low temperature room 24/7. So electricity is very important. It also needs a rich environment or area where people eager to maintain their skins live. You first eat before wearing perfumes, you know?

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.