Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? (6011 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
shadeyinka:

Some people are born liars!

Exactly my point! smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
Emusan:

We understand Mr cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Abi oooo coming from the head of show us a better performing group who loves comparing his religious organization all over nairaland. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
haddeylium:
Many people claimed that JWs do not believe in the gift of prophesy as seen today and they also say that JWs are false prophets because they suppossedly have prophesied things that didn’t happen. Yea, this inconsistencies do not flow together.
Out of fairness to the honesthearted people that might be interested in answer, let's examine the facts more closely.

Are Jehovah's Witnesses prophets?

The simple answer is NO!
Never have we claimed to giving out a prophesy ‘in the name of Jehovah'. Infact many of our official journal have said the following;

"We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425)

“Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306)

And Our Watchtower article, however having Jehovah's holyspirit -;

does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157)

“The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263)

“The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers.-2 Timothy 3:16 And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. Proverbs 4:18 ”​—February 15, 1981, page 19.

Closer examination shows that never once has the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization claimed to be prophets.

But? Why do people call them a Failed prophets? Do they want to make them one so they can use that adjective? Have they prophesied wrongly in the past?

When you are asked to go back and find out more about the kind of religious organization you belong, based on your numerous publications over the years. You will not heed the direction knowing you will eventually get to come across the numerous lies, denials and admittance those lies and denials grin cheesy cheesy

Your Jehovah is behind all the prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale done by the present day Christian congregation. I believe you know those the word Christian congregation refers to there..... Jehovah’s witnesses.

Don't come and tells us you were only predicting and forecasting like those involved in sporting bets or meteorologist grin grin grin grin

The below image is from your .....

June 15, 1964, Watchtower on page 365 grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
achorladey:

When you are asked to go back and find out more about the kind of religious organization you belong. Even based on your numerous publications over the years. You will not heed the direction knowing you will eventually get to come across the numerous lies, denials and admittance those lies and denials grin cheesy cheesy

Your Jehovah is behind all the prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale done by the present day Christian congregation. I believe you know those the word Christian congregation refers to there..... Jehovah’s witnesses.

Don't come and tells us you were only predicting and forecasting like those involved in sporting bets or meteorologist grin grin grin grin

The below image is from your .....

June 15, 1964, Watchtower on page 365 grin grin grin grin

Last time I checked, WAILING on this forum is not a crime.

Achorladey,Please continue WAILING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Janosky:

Last time I checked, WAILING on this forum is not a crime.

Achorladey,Please continue WAILING

Latest update reaching me states Janosky the NO GET SENSE PEDDLING PEDDLER on nairaland loves to peddle wailings alongside Shamelessness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved / Misconceptions About The Issue Of Being Born Again In Christianity. / Write The Lyrics Of Your Favorite Christian Worship Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.