Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... (41545 Views)

My Stingy Elder Brother / Lockdown With Parents: Share Your Experience / Have Your Neigbour Ever Reported You To Your Parents?? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by NoToPile: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
How can you say that someone who is paying almost a million naira as school fee for you annually is stingy?

The mata just taya me
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by MediMedi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
You're lucky....
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by NoToPile: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
bosman4u:
Your head is not correct. Why don't you tell your parents not to pay your school fees and rather give you the 950k to ball.
If your parents had not invested what they had, where so you think your fees would have been coming from?
The small money that entered your hand, how did you manage it? BET9JA. And the result?
It's like you fell down from your mummy's back at infancy.
Tell me the basic necessity that they deny you.
STUPID BOY.

Loool

His parents are providing the essential things for him he is complaining .Orishirishi.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Bitcion(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Contact me for your sure games
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Sunkyapogee(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Visual (baby) Don finish you
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by OLRAYS(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...
Yoruba will say o n yo bi obe Ila..i.e u dey draw like okra soup...them dey help ur future but u wan quick lick hot soup...u better calm down urself, focus on the success ur parents want you to achieve and have it in mind that some children are craving for better education or even go to any kinda school..ur parent are not stingy they are God sent...u ll understand better when they are no longer Available...u can dm me I have a related story...my dad is late now but right now I am independent and chilling.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by AfroKnight: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
How can you say that someone who is paying almost a million naira as school fee for you annually is stingy?

You don’t realise that some parents try to live their dreams through the lives of their kids. They would spend on anything that aligns with their personal goal for their kids but will not give money for anything else.

A teenager in a university where the school fees are that high should not be forced to be personally broke else they will become something else.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by AlongCamePollie(m): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:

You are as wise as a sage. My point, exactly. OP is learning the ropes of life. It is purely normal. The parents' point of view should, normally, explain how they are parenting their kids. I don't think that your parents are stingy. They are simply toughening up your development mechanisms, having good thoughts for you in preparing you for life ahead. I see that you have a bright future ahead of you. Just endure it, even if you don't quite understand that their love is stronger than to let them be stingy towards you. The coast of life, if we are fortunate to live long enough to realize it, naturally opens our eyes to the understanding of what our parents actually were doing for us, and on our behalf. We can only be thankful to them. Let's be thankful to God for them, especially while we are lucky to have them on this side of the grave. Best wishes, OP.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by drololaaof: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your parents are trying to teach you that for you to succeed and be rich and manage your wealth ,but they made a mistake by not cross checking on your demands and occasional impromptu visits
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by DLSReigns: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
The term stingy doesn't include someone paying your tuition to the tune of 950k.They simply don't want to ruin that feat with a 12k android. I feel you might need to prove to them you appreciate their effort and won't Indulge in anything to ruin their hope for your bright future .

2 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Seniorwriter(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hezzyluv:
My parents where not stingy, they where just poor. however, my dad manage to pay my WAEC fee after the SSCE, I go do mistake further my school instead of learning hand work embarassed
Hell no that's not a mistake...
BTW what is your field of profession?

@OP if you want to get their mumu botton for complete access to their monies and wealth try focus on your studies and start a legitimate side hustle that will make you less dependent on your parents.

texazzpete:

You have said it all. As soon as he can prove he is a wise manager of money and can stand on his own two feet, they will shower him with largesse.
Even approaching them with business ideas etc could work.
But they probably can see their son no dey serious. Imagine going into playing sports betting as a 19 year old student as a 'business idea'. What a disappointment
I hope he sees the bigger picture and retrace his way of life.

Deep Quote
No matter what blood will always be thicker than water.

@Seniorwriter
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Ekpekus(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...
I pray you understand early enough their reason. From your write up, I would say appreciate them for all your parents are doing. Soon you will understand.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by texazzpete(m): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
May God bless the OP's parents.

Imagine having a son who is so fixated on their wealth that he becomes a lazy degenerate. Instead of the OP to ask questions about how they made their money and start looking for ways to key in. or to excel so much in his studies that they are left wit no choice but to reward him.

Why would they give him money when they know he's the type to fritter it away on sports betting?

I fully support them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Obviously from your write up, your parents are not stingy . They are just being careful especially with your age. A man who can spend 950k for your school without looking back shows that he knows his priority. He wants to give you the best education. Back then in school, a first class student did all he could to stop me from buying laptop and Android phone. He was my room mate and he saw them as distraction. Yeah, you could argue that need the device for research but for a final year first class student to tell me that i don't need those device, it means he knew what he was saying.
You are a very young lad, you will one day appreciate what your parents are doing for you.
At your age, what we saw as wickedness back then was merely for our advantage. Now we make our money ourselves, so we know how it feels to demand things from parents.

Even if you still think they are selfish, look at it this way; everything your parents got belongs to you . He ain't taking anything out of this planet.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
SocialJustice:
No go hustle, dey here dey cry and feeling entitled.

I didn't drive in secondary school despite living in a house with 7 cars scattered all over. I eventually learnt to drive when I bought my first car 2017.

You should stop gambling. The way you collect money with school expense that's what I did too. Inflate your academic expenses and live on the surplus. If you need something big then create a big academic expense, DO NOT GAMBLE.

Also read your books, I was a very excellent undergrad. No go take all the money finish at the end of the day you'll be failing in school.

Don't do drugs too and don't compete with anyone, there are kids whose parents wrote them a blank cheque while coming to school, no go dey want form rich kid, eye go turn you.
@First bolded, You guys never say how to hustle, what side hustle do you want to start when you don't have any money?
@second bolded, I agree but humans are social animals we love to compare ourselves with others consciously or not, if his parents knew they are not rich enough why send him to a place surrounded by wealthy kids... that sounds like torture.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by texazzpete(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Hell no that's not a mistake...
BTW what is your field of profession?

@OP if you want to get their mumu botton for complete access to their monies and wealth try focus on your studies and start a legitimate side hustle that will make you less dependent on your parents.

Deep Quote
No matter what blood will always be thicker than water.

@Seniorwriter

You have said it all. As soon as he can prove he is a wise manager of money and can stand on his own two feet, they will shower him with largesse.
Even approaching them with business ideas etc could work.
But they probably can see their son no dey serious. Imagine going into playing sports betting as a 19 year old student as a 'business idea'. What a disappointment
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by LikeAking: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
ekerensima:
parents gat teach their children to build business, watin we for dey hear Na "my parents refused to fund my farming career"

Stingy parents will still not fund.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by blacknoir: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Yeah I get u but u need to also understand they might have other responsibilities that u are currently unaware of.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by IMASTEX: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

If both your parents are acting the same way towards you when you make a non-academic demands, yet they are willing to part away anything for essential needs. Isn't it already enough pointer that you need to review your lifestyle and choice of interest? Just a little cash gotten and you're already into gambling. What will then happen if more is available. Lastly, you're just been carried away with your wants. And your parents only show concern towards your needs which everyone in their shoes should do, especially knowing that you could be fully distracted. Recommendation, try to adjust your choices, pattern and ways you address issues to show high level of maturity. Only then might they be willing to fund your pleasure. Or simply hustle yourself and spend as you will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Donzychris: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
am very proud of my parents especially my mum and my siblings. they are God sent and i have also promised to give them back in my own little capacity.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Qatar2022: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Let me no insult you but I think you're very stupid, what if you come into this world and they're very poor will be talking this nonsense? It's your turn now to work for your children because if don't they will trash talk you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Dreadlock69(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
I'm 19 also I'm downloading lies grin
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by aribisala0(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nigerians hhave an entitlement mentality
In the US UK most MOST kids get a loan to go to university which they pay for years after graduation

NO ONE OWES YOU anything in this life.

Remove the word stingy from your vocabulary when talking about ANOTHER PERSON's money.
That is the language of covetousness. Your father is not obliged t leave his money to you in his will. The moment you internalize that your life will change
If you need money get a part time job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by chukel(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

you are an ungrateful child and your parents know it. You have already started wasting your life on bet and making so many demands for money for bet in guise of needs. They know who you are trying to become. That's the reason they are investing so much in your education. But you are interested in frivolities. Some have parents who cannot afford even 30k for fees. Some have parents who have so much money but have blantantly refused to send their children to school. You have parents who spend 950k yearly on your education and you are here typing rubbish. You are not just silly but very ungrateful.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Jerryherd: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your parents grew up poor and probably worked hard to where they are now, they won't spoil you with money, you just have to keep scamming them with sense
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by benson81(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

They are trying to make you understand that life is not as easy as it seems.you are still very young.be relaxed and take life as it comes.don't be swayed by all you see around you.As far as small thing dey come from all those small small school lies,be content with it.play along with your parents you will not regret it in the long run.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Ekpekus(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
ekerensima:

something like this was mention in the book "millionaire next door"
NB
If I were your parents, i'd do the same minus the cloths and personal stuff part though
A very good book
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by dingbang(m): 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
Very entitled prîck.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by joyandfaith: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Many children will want parents swap.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by SmartyPants(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:

He's a spoilt and immature child.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Pablodtotti: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
They want you to understand the money comes from hardwork

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm Having A Baby! Any Yoruba Name Suggestions? / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / Arab Woman Places Advert In Newspaper To Praise Her Kenyan Househelp (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.