Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... (41502 Views)

My Stingy Elder Brother / Lockdown With Parents: Share Your Experience / Have Your Neigbour Ever Reported You To Your Parents?? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by TOTOnigga: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lamanii22:
Do you have a laptop?
no..why?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Smartjob1(f): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...

This exact mindset is why your parents are not giving you what you ask for financially. You are far from being mature!
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by jaxxy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...

Not all parents spoilt their kids at an early age. Don’t let social media and most especially peer pressure deceive u. Yes they might be stingy and it may be for a good reason or it’s just their mentality. Learn to make u own money at 19 Also in a postive manner so u don’t become too dependent on them. On the flip side Some kids send themselves to skol and still get their personal effects themselves.

Probably it’s time u grow up. Secondly don’t and never rely so much on sports betting it’s a game of odds, luck and tricks and can become an extremely bad and wasteful habit. If u must do it, take it with a pinch of salt at best and be very careful or avoid it.

When I was in skol and needed more money than my parents wanted to give me I got a job at a time 2 jobs, legit jobs with the skill I had acquired. What money making skills do u have?

When Ur parents see u are mature I’m sure they will open up the vault some more. Ure just 19 jeez. Go make ur own money. tongue

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by jara: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
It is encouraging that we still have young people who appreciate hard work and discipline in this country. Not all Youths are lazy.

This guy has enough sensible peers to point him to the right way.

His sense of entertainment is scary and explains why this country is in poverty.

I fear for the parents. He might arrange for kidnappers to share money with them. Usually, it ends in the death of the father.

Very scary young boy.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by jeffsummers(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
You should WORK to get a phone for yourself and not depend on them to get one for you. It's NOT their responsibiliy.

I've been buying phones for myself since I was 19 and my brothers have been buying for themselves since they were much younger. in as much as i don't encourage betting of any kind, his parents ought to have bought a brand neW phone for him. They owe him that. Even if it is not iphone, he deserves to use a decent phone. Am sure ur parents are not as wealthy as his parents are. They shouldn't spoil him with money some things are just suppose to be done without too much talk. If the parents die tommorow, what happens to all the money. If u were a millionaire will u not buy good phone for all ur kids

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by medexico(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

I beg you, stop betting...
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by AleAirHub(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Chai....

This life no balance lie lie... Aside of school fees, feeding and toiletries what else do you need cash for?. Simply because you can't access luxurious gifts from your parents and you immediately tag them stingy right?. You better resist those your peer group pressure and get along with your studies and when you are do with your BSC, you are to enjoy anything you ever wish for and I guess that are your parents plans.

Cheers

TOTOnigga:

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by abbey621(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
At 19, you want to gbadun, go clubbing, handg with the crowd etc, your dad was probably a guy man back in his days so he knows all your little tactics, he tries to limit your exposure to these things but is very quick to support anything academic,, that's not stingyness that's being a responsible parent.

Look at you, they haven't given you excess and you're already on a destructive path of sport betting, imagine your papa now gave you some heavy change to jaiye, wetin go happen? YOU GO PAINT TOWN RED & DEY CHANGE GIRLS LIKE YOU DEY CHANGE BOXERS grin grin. Ogbeni focus on your education and stop disturbing us online, you're obviously a child that does not know the true realities of life, your papa get money, no be your money, focus so that one day you too can make your own money!

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by bluefilm: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

This your story is very funny to me.

I don't know why but I think that part about you playing bet and losing the money is what I really find so funny.

Anyway sha, since your parents respond to scam messages faster, why don't you continue scamming them?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Oyin2212(m): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
How can you say that someone who is paying almost a million naira as school fee for you annually is stingy?
He's a brat. Leave him
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by aku626(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
Oga instead of coming on social media to drag your parents that worked hard for their money and are spending it how best it suits them go and learn how to make urs. You’re young that’s why all these is coming up, focus on finishing school their money will come in handy then, they release iPhone every year when you’re able to buy for yourself then you’d make decision if you want to buy the latest every year let’s see how that helps you.
My advise seat with your pops let hi, teach you how to make money and don’t be lazy
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by captainbangz: 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
Badbishop15:
Haaa!!! 950k!! shocked E don reach me finish 4 sessions for my school grin grin
I GO GRADUATE, CHANGE GO STILL REMAIN
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by LikeAking: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dogasas:
Hahaha you make me remember my father when I was younger.

The man get money but if you ask am na war. Even if he gives you ehn he go first rubbish you till you begin to think na because of 5k i dey collect this kind insult.

Meanwhile if the man go party the next day he will go and spoil everybody with drinks and all sorts of orisirisi and even give some people money for transport.

In a nut shell, he no care about him children welfare but will rather use the money to be impressing outsiders.

I can never forget around 2013 I was in school then. I asked this man for 20k he just dey squeeze face. Next Saturday he don buy Toyota matrix wey he no even need. Meanwhile he get like 3 motor for house e no fit even reason give him pikin one make e dey manage. Chai na why I like hausa people Sha. They love their children alot.

Its the reason they are leading the country.

They are great family managers.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by LikeAking: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dogasas:
Hahaha you make me remember my father when I was younger.

The man get money but if you ask am na war. Even if he gives you ehn he go first rubbish you till you begin to think na because of 5k i dey collect this kind insult.

Meanwhile if the man go party the next day he will go and spoil everybody with drinks and all sorts of orisirisi and even give some people money for transport.

In a nut shell, he no care about him children welfare but will rather use the money to be impressing outsiders.

I can never forget around 2013 I was in school then. I asked this man for 20k he just dey squeeze face. Next Saturday he don buy Toyota matrix wey he no even need. Meanwhile he get like 3 motor for house e no fit even reason give him pikin one make e dey manage. Chai na why I like hausa people Sha. They love their children alot.

Its the reason they are leading the country.

They are great family managers.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by lkillbrokehoes: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
My parents always give me anything I wanted but when I turned 23 after graduating from the University, I stopped asking them for money and started hustling to make mine.

Your parents can't be stingy if they pay such high amount of money for your school fees, maybe they know the kind of unserious kid you are, that's why I don't give you anything. you are still a kid. If there's anything you should be focusing now is your education, just make sure you study hard and graduate with either first class or 2:1 at least.

you will get alot from them, once they see that you are very serious and focused.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by wallarwallar(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
How can you say that someone who is paying almost a million naira as school fee for you annually is stingy?

See mentality so because he paid 1million for school fees the son does not deserve any other thing .. African mentality

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by DMCY: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
Venusman:
It's simple as ABC, think of what you would do legitimately to survive if you hadn't rich parents. Period.

For the sport bet. It's seems that already seen prospect of a gambler in you. You must do all you can to stop that habit.

Like someone said up there, he said different folks for different people Boyah reasons deh ni I can’t remember precisely, he can be a good punter and be able to use the profit to take care of his urgent needs. I wasn’t that fortunate with betting more reason i quitted.

My advice? I hope he quits real soon before he gets addicted like I was before I quitted grin grin grin
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by LikeAking: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

You parents are stingy, but not too much.

What they lack is polictical reasoning.

Children dont actually apprecite the investment made by their parents in their education, becos the money wasnt paid to them.

Humans only appreciate what we receive directly. Eg money given to us as dash,properties, gifts,etc. You parents are not aware of this fact.

Dem for send you go FED uni, use the remaining 900k dey jolly you.

You for be a big boy for FED uni by now.

Nigerian parents are investing too much on edu.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by iezeiyida(m): 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
That's what many young people think of their parents even when it's not actually true. No wahala, you will learn the value of every drop of water, when you start carrying your own waters.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Ovis1302(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Your parents are not stingy. They are seriously investing in your future and you are here talking opata.
You mean your dad pay almost a million per year for your school fees?
What do you really want apart from the android phone you are asking for?
As for the clothes, why don't you have a heart to heart talk with your mom telling her your type of clothes. Don't expect your mom to agree to buy you ' mad-man-jeans' sha.
Pls stop the Gambling Habit asap.
Your dad didn't gamble to make his wealth.
Wealth comes by ideas.
As a teenager, you should be planning your life now. How your life when you are 30s.
Oh boy focus o.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by ohosi4real(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

This is what most of th rich men children pass through in the hand of there parents that will lead them to join robbery and cult in school. Impatience and lack of understanding. Bros just be patience to your parent they mean well for you.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by jeffsummers(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2021
Let me say this, before we condemn the boy, lets reason this. The boy has started wrongly by doing sports betting but its his parents not giving him pocket and personal money that pushed him to it. Yes his parents may be trying to discipline but they are going to far trust me. Now he has to play pranks on them to get pocket money and his consciene is pricking him. Many of us were not born with a silver spoon. If we were, we will understand d OP'S Pain a bit. Op continue to scam ur parents but put that money to good use. If u can't invest it at least save 50 percent of it. Surely ur folks will find out u have been scamming them but once u have a reasonable savings, they will understand. So stop betting. It will kill u OP. I had a roomate in uniben who left igbenedion university where sch fees is 1million plus. His parents never knew he was in uniben. He kept collecting 1m as fees till he graduated from uniben. By then he had 5m of his own. After nysc, he started a business of his own.

4 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by manlikevee: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

teaching u how to catch fish
nd not giving u fish
is now a crime
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by adanny01(m): 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

I wouldn't say my parents are poor but are far from rich.

When i was in 200l, when GSM wasn't very old, MTN sim was 13k, my mother assisted me to buy a phone and subsequently a sim. This was something that rich people had access to but my mother wanted me to have it since i wanted it. It took a combined effort from me and her to get me a phone. My father was aware but said nothing. He regularly bought airtime 1500 once a month.

As a 19yr old, i was the driver to my parents. My parents supported me. My father's friends told him not to support me in buying a phone or driving his car. The particular friend didn't know i was the one who went with his son to get a phone which his wife paid for without his knowledge. When i was 26, the same man got sick one night and needed to be rushed to the hospital but his 2 sons that were older than me could not drive. I came to the rescue since we were neighbors. The wife in the morning gave me money and bought fuel for me to teach her sons while the father was hospitalized since he will not approve of it if he was aware.

I had 2 supportive parents, my friends had one supportive parent, you seem to have 0 supportive parent. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

The other of my fathers friend had another attitude. He and his wife's support to his son was purely cash money. The guy went to 3 universities that i know but never graduated till date. Today, he and his father are not on speaking terms.

I have a friend who bought his 2 children 12 and 14 and Android phones.

My last word, you need to show your parents responsibility in all your actions, your irresponsibility may be the issue.

4 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

Your parents owe you a sound education, that is all

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by midolian(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

You are very stupid..and I am not sorry about this. Even from afar, I can sense you are an irresponsible kid. See the nonsense boy moniker sef..Totonigga...

You think say e easy to pay almost a million naira for school fees? You no thank God? Look, for your mum to support your dad in giving you the same treatment means you are a child that needs iron hands. They know you better than you think...dey there dey for adult at age 19..mumu pikin

No go face studies, you hear? Continue dey gamble, dey pack ashawo join

Very useless children angry
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by chyzoo4u(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
I'm more interested in your moniker (Totoniggar). At 19, you've already done so much that they gave you a title in the game. Anyways, the topic won't be left untouched.

Somehow, your parents already know that you're a Totoniggar and that you'll spend any money they give you on top toto. This is the summary of why they're not giving you money unnecessarily.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by AnthonyAk(m): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
So they pay for ur school fees and they are still stingy? Yahoo boy loading
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by frog12: 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
go and DIE, idiot !!
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by LikeAking: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Marvyx:

You know these kind of advice don't apply to children of nowadays?

See, the guy has already gone into sport betting. If he was a lady, you would start to wonder why she's doing runs even though she has rich parents.

I don't think it's bad to give your child money for upkeep.

U are wise.

Parents should realize children only appreciate what they receive from their parents = Gifts, etc.

They should try their best to balance this with the education of their kids.

2 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Halle000: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
Davido Me and Burna can't have wahala, we be brothers. I am happy for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9iNmxrFcqA
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

They are your parents and I am sure they understand you better. They know what you are capable of if you are given money the way you want it. My advice you have to obey their instructions since you are still under their roof. Face your studies squarely and come out with good grades, when you start earning your own money then you can buy whatever you want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Bathing A New Born Baby. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.