Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People (27299 Views)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Gain Respect And Value / Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC Results / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by VlamesIffect(f): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
hedonido:

You're obviously a damaged dunce. Real life grumpy, bitter, whisperly nobody.

Na frustration go kill you. Mumu. Lol. If you like quote me again, I wouldn't read it sef. All these psychos wey na online commenting be their only escape.

Your parents especially your mum didn't raise you well.

Get a life Kid.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by pansophist(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Starboytwo:
this up here is one of the best stuffs I have read this year. O deep. No 2 is damn hard. I always relapse every time.

As per number too, don't be religiously strict with it. Sha try de lift weight three times a week at least, heavy weight o. Then it would balance. Usually I have jump rope, weight scale and calisthenics equipment in my house. Every morning I measure myself. Then skip, do some push ups.

As per drinking, blame my Christian parents. They said I'll go to hell fire if I drink, and they didn't drink too. If it's not palm wine, I'm not drinking. So yea.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by shadrach77: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

No. 6 I feel guilty rn. Been distant from my maker of late.
Try to be closer. Find a church to attend regularly

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by JOpress3: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
" No body can take away your self respect, unless you give it to them" Ghandi

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by medokills(m): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
That number 11 eeepa
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by LegitLexLuthor(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
pansophist:
What I do that makes people respect me.

1. I own my shit. One thing you'll never see me do is borrow money from you, or expect you to pay my bills (eg if we go out), or by just becoming a burden to people. Never. I'll rather sweep Oshodi expressway to Mile 2 and get paid, than beg for money. My life motto is that I must be able to carry my own weight at least.

2. Self treatment. I don't eat, drink, or digest any rubbish because its sweet. So smoking, drinking beer and soda, and any unhealthy substance is a no no. You are what you eat. If you eat junk, you'll look like junk. If I lift my shirt right now, you'll see clean six packs. No joke. Eating for nutrition instead of taste is a key to self respect. Let food by thy medicine. And the best part is that you'll be fine and healthy.

3. Useless friends - I get mentioned alot on nairaland for example, but if you don't have sense I won't waste a single energy responding to you. I have few friends, and they matter. If I call three of my friends right not that I need cash, four will respond positively. Doesn't mean I ask, just telling you the quality of friends I keep. If you keep idiots as friends, you'll suffer from idiotic problems.

4. Keeping to my lane - infact it is only nairaland I write a lot but in real life, I'm a damn introvert. I'll be looking like I did not know anything but my brain has done all the quadratic equations and guessed accurately what anyone is up to. So yea, do not go where you're not invited, and keep to yourself. Don't talk anyhow. It's tempting I know, but just shut up man.

5. Competence - this is the most important one. You must be good at something. Pick on thing and do it well. It can be anything, but it's easier if you're passionate about it. For example when I was in school, I was known as the best writer and speaker. Like seriously it's impossible to sleep if I handle the mic. Dem no born you well. Try am. You can't. I've always been interested about how the human mind process words, and calibrated my speech in such a way that sparks your interests and brings out that childlike curiosity that has been beaten away by suffering of adulthood.

When you're good at something, people will come to you for it. And it brings confidence. You'll feel good about yourself and your ability, and respect will come naturally.

5. Exercise. I hold the opinion that you can't feel confident if you know deeply that you're not physically attractive. When you can easily get in and out of relationship and have options scattered around you, you'll have confidence as it signifies your value. Think about it, why do young girls of maybe 17, that are broke, have no achievement in the real world but have ego the size of aso rock? Yea you guess right. They are at their prime, naturally attractive, hence the confidence. They know the value they hold, and it let them navigate life with pride. As a man, you can tap from it too. Go lift heavy weight man, eat healthy and rock a bad ass beard. Fine like mad. Even if you're an idiot, your confidence will sky rocket.

Self disappointment - stop it. You said you'll visit grandma but didn't go, or that you'll loose weight but slack. Or your new year resolution dumped. Come on man. If you disappoint yourself, then its impossible to respect yourself. Do shit you want to do, dutifully. And do things that are hard. The only way out is always through it. If you can't rely on the promise you gave yourself, why would someone else do? Treat yourself like someone you care for. It's hard I know, but its the way out.

Would have written more, but I'm tired. Digest this one first. Later jare. cool
for this alone I'll like to get to know you better bruv

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by davidinchrist(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Why do you want people to respect you? That won't solve anything... You would only end up with false comfort and happiness that won't last.

It's not wise to be enslaved by people's opinions.

There is something that is far more important, friend.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by frozen70(f): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Please I need tips on how to gain the respect and loyalty of my friends.
Thanks

If you are too playful as you said, reduce it, no one will see the maturity in you.
This time around talk less pay more attention

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by pansophist(m): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
LegitLexLuthor:
for this alone I'll like to get to know you better bruv

You need my onlyfans account ? 5 usd to subscribe grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by LegitLexLuthor(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
pansophist:

You need my onlyfans account ? 5 usd to subscribe grin
I'm subscribing lol
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by neroconnectz(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
U gain respect by urself with the way u react to things while with them, talk only when necessary, let them complain your silecncy, , before you talk, ask yourself this thing i wan talk go make sense? Control ur anger,focus on yourself, pray and upgrade yourself to 4G
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by CoolJulian: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:
These are tips I apply to myself.

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn

11 is not really a condition, otherwise, excellent!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Kennyking1234: 12:54am On Jul 18, 2021
pansophist:

1. I own my shit. One thing you'll never see me do is borrow money from you, or expect you to pay my bills (eg if we go out), or by just becoming a burden to people. Never. I'll rather sweep Oshodi expressway to Mile 2 and get paid, than beg for money. My life motto is that I must be able to carry my own weight at least.

2. Self treatment. I don't eat, drink, or digest any rubbish because its sweet. So smoking, drinking beer and soda, and any unhealthy substance is a no no. You are what you eat. If you eat junk, you'll look like junk. If I lift my shirt right now, you'll see clean six packs. No joke. Eating for nutrition instead of taste is a key to self respect. Let food by thy medicine. And the best part is that you'll be fine and healthy.

3. Useless friends - I get mentioned alot on nairaland for example, but if you don't have sense I won't waste a single energy responding to you. I have few friends, and they matter. If I call three of my friends right not that I need cash, four will respond positively. Doesn't mean I ask, just telling you the quality of friends I keep. If you keep idiots as friends, you'll suffer from idiotic problems.

4. Keeping to my lane - infact it is only nairaland I write a lot but in real life, I'm a damn introvert. I'll be looking like I did not know anything but my brain has done all the quadratic equations and guessed accurately what anyone is up to. So yea, do not go where you're not invited, and keep to yourself. Don't talk anyhow. It's tempting I know, but just shut up man.

5. Competence - this is the most important one. You must be good at something. Pick on thing and do it well. It can be anything, but it's easier if you're passionate about it. For example when I was in school, I was known as the best writer and speaker. Like seriously it's impossible to sleep if I handle the mic. Dem no born you well. Try am. You can't. I've always been interested about how the human mind process words, and calibrated my speech in such a way that sparks your interests and brings out that childlike curiosity that has been beaten away by suffering of adulthood.

When you're good at something, people will come to you for it. And it brings confidence. You'll feel good about yourself and your ability, and respect will come naturally.

5. Exercise. I hold the opinion that you can't feel confident if you know deeply that you're not physically attractive. When you can easily get in and out of relationship and have options scattered around you, you'll have confidence as it signifies your value. Think about it, why do young girls of maybe 17, that are broke, have no achievement in the real world but have ego the size of aso rock? Yea you guess right. They are at their prime, naturally attractive, hence the confidence. They know the value they hold, and it let them navigate life with pride. As a man, you can tap from it too. Go lift heavy weight man, eat healthy and rock a bad ass beard. Fine like mad. Even if you're an idiot, your confidence will sky rocket.

Self disappointment - stop it. You said you'll visit grandma but didn't go, or that you'll loose weight but slack. Or your new year resolution dumped. Come on man. If you disappoint yourself, then its impossible to respect yourself. Do shit you want to do, dutifully. And do things that are hard. The only way out is always through it. If you can't rely on the promise you gave yourself, why would someone else do? Treat yourself like someone you care for. It's hard I know, but its the way out.

BOSS!!!!
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Staphylococcus: 2:16am On Jul 18, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Thanks

Join a powerful occult
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Oljunaid(m): 7:04am On Jul 18, 2021
The only way you can gain respect from people is " don't crave for they have". Be contented with what u av.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Wisest101: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2021
Simple just be a Man or Woman that someone can respect..

The question now is how can you be that person?

Good! Identity why people disrespect you and work on them..
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by 6ixT8: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

there is nothing you can do to regain the respect from your friends, after years of disrespect. you might as well get rid of these bastard people you call friends, and find better people in your life.

Fact!!!

The don see finished. The best way out of this situation is for him to make bad money, that they'd come begging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by pacespot(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks

My simple advice to you is that you are not alone. Stop fraternalizing with people too much, keep your safe distance, Nigerians seem to fear and respect what they cannot comprehend. If you allow people to know you too much inside out, they tend to disrespect. I was once like you until I used this method and it worked. Normally what you are doing is not bad when you get to a civilized world like Europe or USA, being free with people is the best way to make friends who will accelerate your journey to the top, but here in Nigeria, familiarity breeds contempt. I've come to realize that Nigerians don't like a smiling face, it portrays you as weak, childish or unserious to them. What an awkward people!

9 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by sylve11: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2021
Baba40:
Being too playful is wrong, it earns one disrespect..... Do not open teeth with people younger than you especially strangers, dont give them any reason to be close because they will disrespect you.

You will think you are being humble but it's a grave mistake. I learnt too the hard way couple with the fact that I have a young look and body

The op should examine this very well. cool
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by sylve11: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2021
Lukman2:
Be simple and humble

E nor dey work. cool
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Juicy001: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2021
You're clearly worried over the wrong problem with you.
Adjust
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Lacash: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks
Make money and respect yourself....Thank me later cool

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by GeneralKoko(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2021
Staphylococcus:

Join a powerful occult

Nawa
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by GeneralKoko(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2021
jaxxy:

Simple respect urself 1st. Then develop urself and self esteem.

Also how do u define disrespect in ur context?? So it can be clear?

They've seen me finish . They feel free to throw jabs at me . I just hate it . Sometimes they cross the boundaries.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by GeneralKoko(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2021
anungangampu:
, @GeneralKoko
Lol. Massive success and Massive focus.

Don't listen to any alternative.

Nobody really respect anybody, we just admire or reject anything that mirror back how we see ourselves. So no matter what you do people will still interpret you from how they see themselves.

So the question is, How can you know exactly how people you want respect from see themselves ? Lol. No way, Unless you can enter into their brain to decode their past, their present and their future, which only God can do. lol

The better truth is, when you are successful and focused, respect naturally stop being a thing you remember.

Another is spiritual or mentally or whatever everything in life is geared to respect a focus and successful person.

Put that in front of you and stop chasing shadows.

Another is, like ur name might suggest you might be in the force or military. You really need to understand that, respect is an Ego gamble. Ego always want more and doesn't exactly know what she want. So looking for respect because of your badge or work doesn't really work unless you want to be a sadist or tyrant. The best solution is
1. Understand human nature. Respect those that respect you.
2. Don't look for respect to please your Ego. You can't have enough.
3. Don't blame it on your past or present because nobody actually cares whether you are getting enough respect or not unless you are massively successful.
4. Respect comes with discipline and time. I was disrespected in my teenage days and even all my 20s but today, even without massive success, I know better and seems everything is falling into place.
6. Read books and aim for self development and skills. You would find out even the greatest of the greatest were once disrepected and yet got their respect back by sheer focus and success in what they are doing.

I appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Clickguy44: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
If you aren't getting the respect you think you deserve, it's your fault.

Either you aren't worth it or you spend time around people who don't think you're worth it.

In both cases, only you can fix it.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by jarmy: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nice one but delete 11.

[qquote author=Stupidquestions post=103800370]These are tips I apply to myself.

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn[/quote]
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Ajiswaggs(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
I was once in your shoes when I was very broke back then, even small girl that I senior with nothing less than 5 years disrespected me, all my friends disrespected me and gossip and jokes about me then. I always feel pained inside me but I can't force the respect to come just like that. So this is what I did,

1. I change environment to a very far distance. (I was schooling in south before but because of this issue I had to go to Northern state to continue my program. Because if I shud go back to south, I will still meet the same guys in the class for the same program too).

2. I reduce my callings, chatting or discussing useless issues. I always face my business since I enter north. I don't play too much, I don't talk too much. It's not up to a week every people in that life starting calling me "Egbon"(means Bros or Senior man).

3. I don't go where I am not invited to and I don't like begging or borrowing. I would rather go out and buy my own even if I trekk a long kilometers to buy match sticks I don't care at all.

4. I started hustling to make money, then I make sure I always save 90% of my profits.

5. I always dress neatly and nice, because sometimes the way you dress is the way they will address you. And I don't wear less quality clothes or dress like yahoo boy. Dress simple and smart.

6. I don't tell friends or any people my plans, my success always be like electric shocks to them. Expecially to my friends that usually mock me then. They don't even know my worth now but they always feel they are doing better than me, always talking about cars, girls dey Bleep, house dey rent while they don't even know I'm erecting a standard 3 bd flat. But it will shocked them when I finally complete it and move in.

7. Build your confidence in whatever way, even if na alcohol u go take. I do take alcohol with high acholic percent, it brings more confidence to me and act more.

8. To cap it all, make money, money bring respect to be honest, even people older than you will respect you, without money no body will respect you even if u carry beer beer like Osama binladin.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by SpeciallyUnique(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
cool cool cool

pansophist:

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by jaxxy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
GeneralKoko:

They've seen me finish . They feel free to throw jabs at me . I just hate it . Sometimes they cross the boundaries.

That’s because ure still same “clown” they have always known. When u change u self by really and seriously improving urself they will know the new u is quite different.

Everybody can’t disrespect u at same time now. If that’s happening there’s definitely Smtn ure doing wrong. U don’t respect urself or ur age or know ure boundary or ur worth.

Smtn is wrong smwhere and the problem is from u.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Meedon: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2021
Elidrisy20:
Start by smoking weed cool

My negroid
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by SpeciallyUnique(m): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2021
Follow @Pansophist and read all his post and comments. Then thank me later.

You can also follow another dude called @ubunja.

GeneralKoko:

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / Nkwuda Allyboi, Student Of EBSU Dies In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) / The Snake I Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.