Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People (27341 Views)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Gain Respect And Value / Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC Results / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by HRSweetness(f): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

Well depends on your personality.....
Among guys, men, it's a fact men respect guys who go out with gals than the ones who don't get at all.
About greeting...greeting too much I know as fact is bad. Greeting too much makes u look like u give a fvck

I think you're confusing arrogant boys for men who command respect.

It's only boys that attach "respect" to something as frivolous as going out with girls. Men on the other hand, respect a goal driven, upwardly mobile man.

Also, not greeting doesn't breed respect, it actually portrays you as an insecure, Ill mannered individual.

Truly successful people who command respect are actually humble enough to greet everyone they come in contact with. Read up about successful billionaires and how they relate with even the security guard and janitor under their employ.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
who respects a man that can't kip his pants on?..Loose men don't get respect
It's non verbal respect. I don't need to say much about this. Cos I can actut write a page on it
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
HRSweetness:

I think you're confusing arrogant boys for men who command respect.

It's only boys that attach "respect" to something as frivolous as going out with girls. Men on the other hand, respect a goal driven, upwardly mobile man.

Also, not greeting doesn't breed respect, it actually portrays you as an insecure, Ill mannered individual.

Truly successful people who command respect are actually humble enough to greet everyone they come in contact with. Read up about successful billionaires and how they relate with even the security guard and janitor under their employ.

As regards the billionaires, These are social etiquette in public places...or at work where people try to project certain imagine.
But greetings doesn't have to be all the time on the street, or among certain friends or people....That's my own take. I greet people, but I deliberately don't cos some people won't greet u until u greet them....
Moving with gals command some respect either u like it or not....I'm not talking of married men here who maybe be seen as promiscous...I'm talking of guyman...
....Even gals get curious abt u when. They see u with gals occasionally

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Johnsown1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:
These are tips I apply to myself.

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn

I am pretty sure that your neighbors will see as a difficult person. Cause if one apply all these things even the spirit will respect you

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by dake40(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dotinacircle:

Doing all this just for people to respect you. Floccinaucinihilipilification comment

They are worth it, dont judge what you dont know. I do all of these aside bringing in ladies so they work

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Penywise(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
Make money
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Blankstare(m): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
I preferred to be feared, except for kids

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by anungangampu: 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

It's non verbal respect. I don't need to say much about this. Cos I can actut write a page on it
Respect and admiration has always been a mirror of how we see ourselves or what we silently want for ourselves.
The fact of secretly admiring a Girls man actually come with age. Seriously in my 20s I thought like that too but looking back, I found out there wasn't anything catchy or admirable in having girls troop your house anyhow.

It always boils down to our personal likes and dislikes like I said earlier. Respect is the mirror of what we ourselves want and value.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Simple!

Respect yourself and others.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Ingredient88(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Please I need tips on how to gain the respect and loyalty of my friends.
Thanks
my brother, when you respect yourself, people will respect you, Dan get money and see what follow...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
anungangampu:

Respect and admiration has always been a mirror of how we see ourselves or what we silently want for ourselves.
The fact of secretly admiring a Girls man actually come with age. Seriously in my 20s I thought like that too but looking back, I found out there wasn't anything catchy or admirable in having girls troop your house anyhow.

It always boils down to our personal likes and dislikes like I said earlier. Respect is the mirror of what we ourselves want and value.
The gal part isn't the most important...that's why I place it at the bottom of the point....I hope u get.
But having a serious relationship can make u look responsible no doubt.. and occasionally when gals come to see u ....it's not hard to understand
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by MT: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
Be consciously scarce.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by millionboi(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

It's just an additional..not the most important
remove it.......is out of contest

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Johnsown1:

I am pretty sure that your neighbors will see as a difficult person. Cause if one apply all these things even the spirit will respect you
They are not hard. The only less comfortable is the greeting..cos people may grudge you...that's why I said not all the time u greet..meaning u greet today and sometimes u snub and act like u dint see them...other points are easy to live

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
millionboi:
remove it.......is out of contest
Well, serious relationship for a guy commands respect anywhere. Take it or leave it...
..if u don't have serious relationship...then occasional time that few babes come to visit u also command respect. I'm not saying you u shd change babes everyday...
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Johnsown1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

They are not hard. The only less comfortable is the greeting..cos people may grudge you...that's why I said not all the time u greet..meaning u greet today and sometimes u snub and act like u dint see them...other points are easy to live

Lol. You pass me jare. one of neighbors that snubs people sometimes is said to be a wizard or "not a human" by the people he snubs sometimes
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Tonytonex(m): 3:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Read good books
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Tonytonex(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
MoIbrahim:

God bless you!

Though, I don't agree with 8, 9 and 11.
if you don't agree with no 8.that means you are a joker. And you won't be respected.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
Lol if you're short and thin that's automatically natural disrespect .....cheesy so hit the gym and eat up

Firstly I am tall and strong so I gain respect from people alot cheesy even people older than me cus they always wonder about me, i don't laugh even if you're sayin' something funny ,and i won't talk unless you ask me a question..... That's how it is........

If this is a kind of respect you want, good for you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Princeton92(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Control how you react to people's action or words, learn to ignore some annoying things....
Learn to mind your business...
Keep some things within yourself

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by phemmyfour: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Thanks
1. Respect yourself
2. Respect others
3. Don't forget 1&2

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Lightorder: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
Just respect yourself and keep people guessing

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by mrksquare: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks

Deploy Law 16 in the 49 Laws of Power. And thank me later.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by temitope27(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn
u need a PhD right now grin
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Princeton92(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mbok remove 11 and replace with something else biko

Stupidquestions:

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
personal59:
Kill two people openly

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by riverbird: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
Respect yourself and see the magic

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by critic007(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2021
Respect = Power.

Read the book: "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

if dem nor respect the person whe follow this list back to back day means the persin gat check im forehead, something dey there whe eee need clean commot

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by lomprico(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks

make money Nigga! everyone will respect you when u are rich.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Meekha(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

Flesh and blood did not revealed this to you!
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
Image123:
Wrong. Prove them wrong, be a success.

thats because you A) wrongly assume that he aint already a success and/or B) that being successful makes people respect you... lol!

success shouldnt bring people to respect you, your BEING should. dont mistake people sucking up to you (because you have money that they want) and respect.

your above state of mind is the same failed one that has poor men believe that getting money would bring them love, while we all know that thats NOT the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart? / Opinion: 6 Advantages Of Corruption / Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.