Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People (27343 Views)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Gain Respect And Value / Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC Results / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2021
pacespot:

My simple advice to you is that you are not alone. Stop fraternalizing with people too much, keep your safe distance, Nigerians seem to fear and respect what they cannot comprehend. If you allow people to know you too much inside out, they tend to disrespect. I was once like you until I used this method and it worked. Normally what you are doing is not bad when you get to a civilized world like Europe or USA, being free with people is the best way to make friends who will accelerate your journey to the top, but here in Nigeria, familiarity breeds contempt. I've come to realize that Nigerians don't like a smiling face, it portrays you as weak, childish or unserious to them. What an awkward people!

You can say that again sir. Very awkward and backward set of people

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 30, 2021
Stupidquestions:

As regards the billionaires, These are social etiquette in public places...or at work where people try to project certain imagine.
But greetings doesn't have to be all the time on the street, or among certain friends or people....That's my own take. I greet people, but I deliberately don't cos some people won't greet u until u greet them....
Moving with gals command some respect either u like it or not....I'm not talking of married men here who maybe be seen as promiscous...I'm talking of guyman...
....Even gals get curious abt u when. They see u with gals occasionally

You are right. I've seen the above scenario in real life time after time. Some people feel entitled to you greeting them first. That's a fact
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by lasisi69(f): 5:45am On Sep 19, 2021
personal59:
Kill two people openly
lol... Why am I just seeing this comment ? cheesy cheesy
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Skyclub14: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is nothing but the truth
pacespot:

My simple advice to you is that you are not alone. Stop fraternalizing with people too much, keep your safe distance, Nigerians seem to fear and respect what they cannot comprehend. If you allow people to know you too much inside out, they tend to disrespect. I was once like you until I used this method and it worked. Normally what you are doing is not bad when you get to a civilized world like Europe or USA, being free with people is the best way to make friends who will accelerate your journey to the top, but here in Nigeria, familiarity breeds contempt. I've come to realize that Nigerians don't like a smiling face, it portrays you as weak, childish or unserious to them. What an awkward people!
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by lasisi69(f): 4:29am On Dec 11, 2021
personal59:
Kill two people openly
Best comment cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart? / Opinion: 6 Advantages Of Corruption / Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You?

Viewing this topic: MichealOlajide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.