Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People (27336 Views)

Some Social Rules That May Help You Gain Respect And Value / Can I Gain Admission Without WAEC Results / Taxify Drivers Protest In Lagos: "We Are Not Rapists, We Need Respect" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Catejj: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Oh wow

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by shadrach77: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
It's quite simple.
1. Respect yourself. Don't discuss your problems with people.
2. Try to limit the help you ask from people if possible don't ask for any
3. Don't tell people about your personal life. Keep to yourself
4. When you notice certain people are talking down at you or looking down at you, avoid them
5. Do things which will enhance your life eg education /personal training
6. Pray constantly and be closer to God

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by sammysmiles(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Image123(m): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

there is nothing you can do to regain the respect from your friends, after years of disrespect. you might as well get rid of these bastard people you call friends, and find better people in your life.

Wrong. Prove them wrong, be a success.

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Militant30: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
G

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by fredoooooo: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Get money

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Dotinacircle: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:
These are tips I apply to myself.

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn

Doing all this just for people to respect you. Floccinaucinihilipilification comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by rapson19(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Maintain your space and know your boundaries

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by hustla(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Please I need tips on how to gain the respect and loyalty of my friends.
Thanks

Get money bro

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by PacAmaru: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
Omoh ur attitude alone should command respect

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Slynation(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:
I have been a victim of disrespect over the years from mainly my friends. I don't know if it is because I'm too free or too playful but I hardly gain the respect of people.

Thanks
It's very simple, just go and make too much money, even your father and elders go dey call you boss....

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by StreetPreacher: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

1. Be self reliant.: Never give impression that you can't exist alone or catch fun without your friends, and learn to take care of yourself without depending on people. If u are fond of borrowing..reduce it, and work hard to earn a living.
2. Work on your interest: Get busy, and work on personal goal towards achievement. When u achieve something unexpected, people respect u.
3. Talk less of your secret and plans: Don't reveal everything about yourself or what u are working on. See finish dey cause disrespect. And when u tell people abt ur goals, and if u later dint achieve it, people will see u as irresponsible and lazy...people don't respect such people. Keep ur plans to yasef
4. Don't discuss certain embarrassing moments u had in the past. Some people will judge u by it.
5. Appear neat all the time, and exude confidence, and also carry yourself with some sense of pride....little pride won't kill you.
6. Don't always please people. Yes we like to act nice and be on good books of people...but over time people take u for granted. Sometimes don't give people what they ask for. Don't act nice when they are shit...
7. Don't condone disrespect. Always call out the bullshit of anyone anywhere..don't make it like a joke... treat the Bleep up of people instantly.
8. Reduce ur frequency of laughter with people. Don't laugh to every joke and with everybody
9 Reduce your greetings. Yes some people want u to greet them all the time just to feel themselves. Sometimes, learn to bone/ snub people, and face ur front like someone serious without looking sideways. if they greet u fine...and if they don't, it's not all the time u have to greet.
10. Reduce ur argument and charter when u don't have something reasonable to say especially with people of low mind...
11...Then get a girlfriend if u don't have. Guys also respect u when ladies come around to fvvck u or come around as ur babe grin

12. Get a job and your personal apartment if you don't have. It will help to project you as a serious responsible perosn

Nice but I disagree with 9 and 11 as conditions to gain respect. I greet people a lot and I don't talk much. That doesn't make them feel I am forming for them because I always greet them with a smile. Even my lecturers give me a level of respect.

Secondly, girl friend isn't a yardstick to earn respect from people. It is never a condition

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by personal59: 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kill two people openly

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Federalcase(m): 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks
Firstly I don't give a fûck, what do i need your respect for ? $hhhhit man! wink

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dotinacircle:

Doing all this just for people to respect you. Floccinaucinihilipilification comment
It's a lifestyle for some people actually...Not something they have to read from book to do...I gave that piece by just looking at my self in the past and myself right now as a very conscious adult in real life

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by MoIbrahim: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

God bless you!

Though, I don't agree with 8, 9 and 11.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Elidrisy20: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
Start by smoking weed cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by ygowon: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
1. Be self reliant
2. Don't be over friendly, be diplomatic especially with your neighbours
3. Don't try to please people, please your own self
4. Don't intrude in people's lives and always main privacy in your life.
5. Have money
6. Don't even think if you are respected or not

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Thephilosopher1: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
You don't seek or demand respect, you command respect. If you expect people to respect you, then you have identity crisis. All you have to do is to be yourself and stop trying to be another person.

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Jokkarm2: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks

Oga go and make money and respect your self and people.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
StreetPreacher:

Nice but I disagree with 9 and 11 as conditions to gain respect. I greet people a lot and I don't talk much. That doesn't make them feel I am forming for them because I always greet them with a smile. Even my lecturers give me a level of respect.

Secondly, girl friend isn't a yardstick to earn respect from people. It is never a condition

Well depends on your personality.....
Among guys, men, it's a fact men respect guys who go out with gals than the ones who don't get at all.
About greeting...greeting too much I know as fact is bad. Greeting too much makes u look like u give a fvck

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Emmexguy123: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
Try and make money(be rich) or be among the top leaders...
The rest is history in your favor..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by SocialJustice: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks
You gain respect by respecting yourself.

As for loyal friends, you need to divide the people around you into 3.

1. Acquaintance
2. Friend
3. Inner circle and family.

The inner circle is where your loyal friends reside. If anyone there abuses the privilege, you demote them to 2 or back to 1, then they have to work their way back to 3.

I really can't explain it in full here but that's what you should do.

17 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Depressed101: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Thanks
respect yourself, talk less...

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Yankee101: 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Respect yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Stupidquestions: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
MoIbrahim:

God bless you!

Though, I don't agree with 8, 9 and 11.

U don't have to have a serious relationship...just make babes come ya house once in a while, though serious babe is better

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by olatunjin(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
JUST BE YOURSELF AND BE HAPPY,Do not always please people to gain there trust in you.Always believe in yoursef

CAKE MAKING
Registration Is On Now
Is Never Too Late To Start Afresh
Entrepreneurship is neither a science nor an art. It is a practice." – Peter Drucker

HOTLINE 08038565632

Contact Us Now.
Tel-08038565632
Tel-08080767394
WhatsApp-08038565632
Instag-@olatunjeecakes
Twitter-@olatunjeecakes
FB-Olatunjee Cakes
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Telldem1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Stupidquestions:

You inherited wisdom. Thanks alot..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by 111GlassCup: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2021
Wickedness
Be wicked

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Telldem1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
rapson19:
Maintain your space and know your boundaries
key point.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Gain Respect From People by Vado(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Be successful and carry yourself like a king.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart? / Opinion: 6 Advantages Of Corruption / Inflation: Which Item's Price Surprises You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.