Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. (2082 Views)

Pictures Of Ikeja After 1hr Rain / Police Officers Got No Help After Their Van Got Stuck In Auchi, Edo State / Black Rain In Parts Of Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Kayzy8: 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2021
Train got stuck in Ikeja after the heavy rain in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99CDhyLxnkI

1 Like

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Enudapan: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Is this not the buharia train

1 Like

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by ablejesus26(m): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lagos was mad yesterday,I have never experienced the kind of traffic I saw yesterday at Begger ☹️ I spent up to 3hrs from Begger to Ojota , just to drive past ojota to meet another one ☹️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Massiveglory: 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
Endtimes flood haff enter the carburetor and injector causing the Buharitrain to snail move.
grin

1 Like

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Olaolufred(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Nigerians are mostly good in looking for who to blame even for their own negligence.

These my brothers running commentaries in Yoruba language are part of the reasons the drainages got blocked most times.

One of these critics one rained abused on me in a public bus because I told him not to throw an empty bottle of coke out of the window.

Ikeja along being my route to and fro office is well known to me.

I drove through same place at about 7am this morning.

Our habits as stubborn citizens is part of our problems.

The precipitation in Lagos on Thursday got me stuck in Traffic for about 3 hours due to flooded road at Shogunle Bus stop along Lagos Abeokuta Expressway.
I chose to work from home the following day, knowing friday may not be anything better. It happened exactly.

The rain on Friday was much more. Flooding will eventually be inevitable when the rain is beyond the capacity of the designed Drains.

However, we have to brace for more flooding because the news from Germany, Belgium and what we have experienced this few days is a prove that Global warming isn't going to help but make things worse.

While we all want government to do better, let us stop the habits of throwing dirts around. We all have something we are doing or not doing that has made this country what it is.

As for the train, the pilot had to use his sense to know that derailing is easier in a seeming frictionless situation and had to move so slowly.

If we have to take something home from here, it should be "STOP INDISCRIMINATE DUMPING OF REFUSE EVERYWHERE"

It is a malaise that Nigerians have taken to be normal, but blame government for every flooding.

PLEASE, 2012 EXPERIENCE FROM NIGER RIVER AND BENUE COULD BE REPEATED THIS YEAR. RAIN IS GETTING MORE INTENSE. IT HAS SURPRISED SO MANY OF US ALREADY. MORE FLOOD IS AHEAD.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Olaolufred(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
DISCLAIMER: I am not posting this to prove that we should be relaxed as people and continue practices that could aggravate already tensed situation as far as flood control is concern.
However, it is to call our attention to the fact that we need to be more disciplined in relating to our environment.

Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands who we adjudged to be more advanced in waste management are battling the unrelenting ferocity of water.

Please, brothers and sisters, while flood is a product of precipitations that are no longer absorbable by soil, the ferocity of its harms will be

increased by our attitudes towards environment (INDISCRIMATED DUMPING OF REFUSE AND BUILDING ON WATERWAYS).

Let us do our part as individual and stop looking for the dumping ground of blames.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-07-16/photos-germany-s-record-flooding-show-devastation

3 Likes

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by gateleo(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
The commentator is an hypocrite..is part of the people that make the place flooded. Now did he expert the train to jump the rail and derailed? Even in the so called advanced countries, there are flood everywhere.

Bad belle..
Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by DoingBetter: 12:39am On Jul 18, 2021
Climate change and g global warming slowly but surely wrecking its havoc. For people planning to have plenty kids now, better reduce the number as the world they will meet won’t be as easy (not that it’s even easy now) as it now. More competition for dwindling resources ahead.
Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Madmohamed1: 1:09am On Jul 18, 2021
Kayzy8:
Train got stuck in Ikeja after the heavy rain in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99CDhyLxnkI
buhari train that is how he is moving Nigeria.
Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by nairavsdollars(f): 2:47am On Jul 18, 2021
Is that a train or snail
Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by princemillla(m): 3:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Forget it that day rain was so massive. Never seen so close

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by zolajpower: 3:35am On Jul 18, 2021
Nna mehn lekwa
Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Kaodek(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2021
Lol, this is the trash Rotimi Amaechi was bragging abt. I can remember how he rudely said “Now people were asking when the train will reach there village but initially rejected the idea of borrowing “

1 Like

Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by raker300: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2021
Olaolufred:
DISCLAIMER: I am not posting this to prove that we should be relaxed as people and continue practices that could aggravate already tensed situation as far as flood control is concern.
However, it is to call our attention to the fact that we need to be more disciplined in relating to our environment.

Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands who we adjudged to be more advanced in waste management are battling the unrelenting ferocity of water.

Please, brothers and sisters, while flood is a product of precipitations that are no longer absorbable by soil, the ferocity of its harms will be

increased by our attitudes towards environment (INDISCRIMATED DUMPING OF REFUSE AND BUILDING ON WATERWAYS).

Let us do our part as individual and stop looking for the dumping ground of blames.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-07-16/photos-germany-s-record-flooding-show-devastation

would you have posted this if this flooding happened in eastern Nigeria?
Re: Train Got Stuck In Ikeja After The Heavy Rain In Lagos. by Olaolufred(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
raker300:
would you have posted this if this flooding happened in eastern Nigeria?

I served in the East decades back and Knows so well that soil composition in the region ( predominantly Sandy) makes it susceptible to erosion.
All hands must be on deck from State and FG to help people contain the menace of erosion.

The only areas in the East that may be threatened this year are places around River Niger (Anambra and Imo).

Flash flood could happen in other areas, but we must not worsen it by blocking waterways with wastes or permanent / Temporary structures.

Igbo Kwenu.

(1) (Reply)

IBB Rejects Tinubu / US Warns China Against Helping Russia avoid some sanctions / This Why Obi May Likely Defeat Tinubu In Open Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.