Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion (20065 Views)

Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers / Father Ebube Muonso Buys Cars For 8 Church Workers As Christmas Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by gcof(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2021
Bola146:
No, it's God's work, He only can pay His workers.
but pastors can be paid
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by bobolistica(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2021
What of those that used church instrument to learn, church even sponsored them to learn the instrument,should they also be paid?

Serichsporech:
Workers like instrumentalists invested time and money to learn those instruments.. they appreciated for that..
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:
Having served in a church in probably all fields, Technical, Cleaning, Instruments, Choir, Ushery and a lot , I was wondering about the opinion that apart from a pastor if it is right to pay church workers, what does the bible say about it and what are your own personal opinions about this?

I do think it is not a bad idea at all, as much as church work is more of a responsibility than a job, it is still a job in some sense, i just think, perhaps some sort of financial support would be beneficial especially in large churches.

what are your opinions?

It's okay if you think like that. But note that if they were to pay you, you won't have time for yourself.
You will be offered employment letter and resume work like every other worker, possibly Sunday to Sunday work or Monday to Friday. If you can resign from your present job and be ready to work for the church and do their bidding, you can ask for employment.
In my church , we have workers; paid and unpaid. The kind of work you listed here are normally done on service days ...those guys are not paid. But our main workers work from Sunday to Sunday and got staff uniform. Their payment differs , depending on their qualification. Is that the kind of life you want?

However, the pastors are not paid. They rather use their money to run church. They don't even have access to the offerings. Some times, they use their money to pay workers, church rent, care for members while the offering goes straight to head quarter. With my analysis, some of you will know the church am talking about
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by praiseneo(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2021
I’m a pianist I worship in Trem
I get allowances every month
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Truvelisback(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:
Having served in a church in probably all fields, Technical, Cleaning, Instruments, Choir, Ushery and a lot , I was wondering about the opinion that apart from a pastor if it is right to pay church workers, what does the bible say about it and what are your own personal opinions about this?

I do think it is not a bad idea at all, as much as church work is more of a responsibility than a job, it is still a job in some sense, i just think, perhaps some sort of financial support would be beneficial especially in large churches.

what are your opinions?
Ur opinion is wrong and senseless. If u want to be paid, go and get a job. However, the church Can pay workers at their own will if they av the capacity.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by ModelLook(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2021
I started singing in the choir yrs in 2007. I was a Worker/Chorister and I have NEVER been paid.

Then I combined it with acting dramas in church. I worked in the church drama group.

Even after service, they don't give us anything not even pure water for our voice and energy yet most ministers who did nothing most Sundays will be entertained with good snacks. Sometimes, good food especially Thanksgiving Sundays.

In most Churches, Pastors are well paid.

Don't ask me how I know. I know.

I have long left the choir and drama now.

Kinda discouraging if u ask me.

Moral lesson:
Whatever you do, do it for GOD
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by candyguyofficia(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2021
NwaNimo1:
No....

[img]https://media1./images/158f2feb484e18e574f8ea6de453421a/tenor.gif?itemid=15088656[/img]

Buhari go tax dem also....

cheesy cheesy
I know it's you again
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by uchennaq(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2021
THE RIGHT QUESTION IS SHOULD NAIRALAND OPS BE PAID?
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by judedwriter(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2021

How can you pay a church worker?

It's impossible to pay them for their work... Their work has eternal value.

God is their employer, He knows how best to pay them.

They are entitled to financial assistance but not salary.

Full time ministers are an exemption....
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by WriterX(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
Ur opinion is wrong and senseless. If u want to be paid, go and get a job. However, the church Can pay workers at their own will if they av the capacity.

thanks for sharing your opinions.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Is the church not making enough money?
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
judedwriter:

Yahoo people juju really has worked on somebody.

Alleluia
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by WriterX(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
judedwriter:

tbh this much is true that is of course your opinion about their work value even the bible speaks of this but the church is the business of our lord God and we no matter how you see it , we are workers , employees like you call it.

i won't use myself as an example but i would want to consider the fact that like doctors and nurses in a hospital , a minister and his workers must perform their duties and responsibilities accordingly for the church to function.

i think its not a bad thing perhaps the word i should use is financial assistance but whatever it is, church workers are people and i believe if you have the means to help them either by paying them something or assisting them somehow then do it.

thanks for your opinion .
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by WriterX(m): 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
fados4sure:

Their rewards is supposed to be in heaven but, some churches pays their workers saying if they are not paid, they won't be serious with the work. For example, Prophet Shepard Bishiri pays workers in his church

really but the ideal that they won't be serious with their job without some sort of payment seems rather strong, i would consider it some sort of encouragement , i mean at the end its God's work we are doing right?
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Ayo2004: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
So pastors are paid but the Choristers and instrumentalists will be paid in heaven

Nothing person no go see for this Nigeria
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by WriterX(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
meditator:
Even of they steal, they are only taking their own share before the Pastor steals the remaining...

hello, please what is wrong is wrong, there are no facts that makes a lie justifiable , stealing is stealing.

thanks for your opinions.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by brainhgeek(m): 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
If their duties require full-time attention or deprive them their regular work hours, they should be paid. Except where the worker indicates voluntary service, manpower should be rewarded. The church generates incomes and to power the workforce, they must pay wages and salaries.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by yusuyo: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
Why is pastor getting paid?
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Emeka71(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Bola146:
No way; depending on the kind of church; they are supposed to be paid.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Franking: 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
They should be paid because church is now a business and money making business.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by kovic7(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Personally, I work in the church. In one of the region headquarters in North Central. I'm a Corp member and the church's headquarter is my PPA (though not posted there directly but through a members school).

Aside my NYSC allowance, the church pays me juts like the school could have done if I was teaching there. I must say the work is very tedious, you type messages, recieve and send mails and also Assist the accountants of the church.

The accountants, gatemen, cleaners all get paid. To me, they are all well paid. It's their professional work and they should be paid.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Slurity(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
They should be paid if the church is buoyant financially, but the pay should not be seen or treated as a salary but as compensation.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Popesuccess(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
So long the worker isn't staying in the church 24Hrs a week... If the above is the case. Pay the worker. You don't need anyone stealing from church purse, thereby committing sin...
Yes, if you are required to resume in the morning and work through the day on daily basis than you should be paid.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Popesuccess(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
Bola146:
If the person works everyday from morning through the day, he should be paid.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Munzy14(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:

what are your opinions?
Of course...Every worker has got a wage...It is in the scriptures.

If your pastors collects a pay, other workers should as well.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by efficiencie(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:

what are your opinions?

If we do not expect church leaders to take tithes, offering or any donations from church members then anyone working in the church should do so for free...and vice versa!
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Fashsilo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
Off course are they not workers in vine yard likewise pastors does and earn salary or wages from church
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Kinzo0917(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
NwaNimo1:
No....

[img]https://media1./images/158f2feb484e18e574f8ea6de453421a/tenor.gif?itemid=15088656[/img]

Buhari go tax dem also....
. U no go kill person with laugh � oooo. Nairaland is too much joor.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yes d sud but then again nobody forced u
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by benqo01(m): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
All workers in the church should be put on monthly salaries because they have families to feed also.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by mechanics(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
It depends, the church might be given them stipends especially if they are not doing any meaningful job, but being a church worker is a supportive work and not by force.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by ismodiwa(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ahhh, y not?
Na anointing them go chop?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence / Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? / Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.