Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion (19562 Views)

Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers / Father Ebube Muonso Buys Cars For 8 Church Workers As Christmas Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Blackdisciple(m): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2021
There's an administrative session and other sessions, so it's left for you if the church wants to pay you and you say no you are working for God or pay me oo am only working.

Its very simple.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Shigabs(m): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2021
They need to pay every worker in the church, because this workers spend reasonable amount of their time working for a church that careless about their personal problems most times. So a worker expecially Choirs, Ushers and the rest must not be left for God to pay while the church can pay them.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by excel101(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2021
Those workers in the house of God without a paid job, should be encouraged financially ones in a while. Despite rendering service to God, they equally have their personal needs.

1 Like

Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by DriveByKiller: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2021
Bola146:
No, it's God's work, He only can pay His workers.
pastor work no be God's work too?
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Belafonte(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2021
Churches are taking in billions and cannot even bring themselves to offer the minutest of incentives to members who voluntarily offer their time and resources to make sure the church runs smoothly.

If you cannot pay them, at least, give them something little to show you appreciate their contribution to your ministry.

Their own reward is in heaven, but as a pastor ad church owner you're collecting salary. Na God go judge una.

Me I sha want to start attending church again so I can meet people and position my business well. grin Wahala for who no open him eye
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Bluesea1and2: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2021
Why should they work for free if pastors collect salaries
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by porthouse7(f): 9:47am On Jul 18, 2021
They sud be employed and put on salary according to qualification.... I will help reduce unemployment rate, but church wan chop alone
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Gravity56: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2021
I met a guy in the east who's a dedicated church goer in one of the branches of deeper life church.

The guy was disturbing me for a job for over three months , I had to push for him in my company.

They emplyed him, he was reporting directly to me.

The office started him with 50k basic and 10k monthly allowance.

After the young man collected one month salary , he came back to me that his pastor said he should resign because he no longer attends church activities like before , the pastor also promised to pay him what we paid him, and the young man resigned from a place where he can build a career...

Weda they are paying his is what I dont know but I look at him as someone who religion has a tight grip over .
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by DriveByKiller: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:
Having served in a church in probably all fields, Technical, Cleaning, Instruments, Choir, Ushery and a lot , I was wondering about the opinion that apart from a pastor if it is right to pay church workers, what does the bible say about it and what are your own personal opinions about this?

I do think it is not a bad idea at all, as much as church work is more of a responsibility than a job, it is still a job in some sense, i just think, perhaps some sort of financial support would be beneficial especially in large churches.

what are your opinions?
if you're a church worker and the pastor is paid,you too should be paid comensurably.

Nearly 100% of today's pastors are scammers in one way or another.

The church is the body of Christ, the congregation and not thr building. It is owned by every serious member there.

But this idea is only expressed eheb it comes to work and work while the pastor lives far on tithes and offerings which is for the church and not just the pastor.

Wake up and smell the coffee, you're labouring and wasting away for that pastor and not God.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Belafonte(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2021
I remember one church wey I dey attend for Ikotun around 2001, the church was avoiding paying the choir master and he refused to come. Baba say he no get transport grin

The church hierarchy tried to guilt him into doing free work, and he asked the elders if the pastor is not getting paid for his own work. He told them point blank, "music is my ministry, if you pay pastor you must pay me" grin

People just like free stuff, especially Nigerian employers. They will use every virtue in you and make you feel guilty for asking for compensation
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by BigDawsNet: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2021
Workers is not a full time job and you working for God...so it's not neccassry

But I know some gate keeper in church receiving pay monthly

They are in church 24/7
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by olowo1930: 9:55am On Jul 18, 2021
They should be paid and God Himself can allow someone among the members to finance their bill. So every labour is due for renumeration.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by dingbang(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2021
If pastors are paid then the rest of the church workers ought to be paid. Afterall, the pastor is also a church worker. You who is a pastor can not be recieving salary and instruct that you wont pay your workers, even God does not like injustice and that is why he says not everyone who preaches his name will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by ayojohn4real: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2021
Yes of course, na church dem dey work for no be God as a matter of fact a pastor no suppose dey collect salary, cuz being a pastor no mean say you should not have a job and source of income, this is what has been the doom of religion in Nigeria, beside the church is making money so they should give it back by paying their workers , building schools , health center and empower the unemployed youth
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by BewareOf419: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2021
If You're A Worker Especially Instrumentalist In THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH NIGERIA, Nobody Go Pay You Kobo, Chichi You Won't Collect
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by GentleRay: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2021
Why not? They should be paid and placed on a full-time salary. Your salvation is with God, your church services are with the General Overseer.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by techWriter3: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2021
No it s God s labors He only can pay His laborsers
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Geenosko: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:
Having served in a church in probably all fields, Technical, Cleaning, Instruments, Choir, Ushery and a lot , I was wondering about the opinion that apart from a pastor if it is right to pay church workers, what does the bible say about it and what are your own personal opinions about this?

I do think it is not a bad idea at all, as much as church work is more of a responsibility than a job, it is still a job in some sense, i just think, perhaps some sort of financial support would be beneficial especially in large churches.

what are your opinions?

Those that work 9-5 yes.

Those that volunteer No
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by ariesbull: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2021
He who works in the vineyard of the Lord feed from the vineyard of the Lord

If it's a full time work , they should be paid
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Southeast21: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2021
No. but there shall meat in the house of God cos it's one of the reasons the church collect tithes.
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by SIRRITE: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Jones4190:
Yes, that is One of reason why tithes were introduced if you are still receiving tithe then you have to start paying church workers, they represent the Levites in the bible

Waoo very very correct
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by MartinsD12(m): 10:09am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:

what are your opinions?
Yes, are they not working for the church and the church is making money, they could have work else where so they deserve to be paid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Gambit23: 10:14am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:

what are your opinions?

Anyone that works should be paid
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Ferdinandu(m): 10:14am On Jul 18, 2021
To me except you are financially ok,you can do church work for free or in a case where your church is really poor, but all these mega Nigerian churches that their money comes in, like drug money when I see some of their church workers with only one shoe that has gone into alignment, I do pity for them because they have been used for sacrifice without them knowing it.Daddy GO can't be aiming to buy Private Jet while some church workers who cannot take care of the basic needs of their families will be doing it for free Nonsense
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by stupidmod3: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:

what are your opinions?
yess cause this is one of d reasons pastors are rich every body salary dem em pocket in d name of God's work
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by DeSwitchConsole(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2021
Bola146:
No, it's God's work, He only can pay His workers.
you've not worked 24/7 in a church, na why
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by WallStreetfx(m): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2021
L
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by Asadujames202(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2021
I'm a church worker I ain't interested in mundane things like money

I would like to be paid with the Pastors wife Pu**sy
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by chubarubah(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2021
Pastors are just like every other worker in the church too. They need to be paid equally just like the pastors cos they have bills also to pay
Re: Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion by phemmyfour: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2021
WriterX:

what are your opinions?
The labourers deserve its wages. 1Tim5:18

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.