Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria (54065 Views)

Highest Paid MD/CEOs In Nigeria In 2021 (Photos) / Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly / World’s Most Powerful Ceos In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Livesimple: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
quote author=EdoFirstBorn post=103831020]No one cares [/quote]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin why can't you just appreciate them and walk away
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
post=103833594:

Igbo men dominate in Bank CEO than Yoruba men

Ebenezer Onyeagwu is Managing Director/CEO at Zenith Bank PLC.

Kennedy Uzoka is the General Managing Director/ CEO of UBA

Herbert Onyewumbu Wigwe is Managing Director/CEO of Access bank

Emeka Okonkwo Union bank CEO

Mr. Innocent C. Ike CEO Polaris bank

You better no let Ikwere people hear you categorize them as Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Livesimple: 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
BKayy:
So Saphiere changed moniker but her delusion didn't change.
Honestly, I pity an unsuspecting man that will marry this lady

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Livesimple: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
BrainSanitizer:
SunTrust Bank.
Lotus Bank.

It's alright.
Let me just keep kwayet first

Dem know where Dem belong grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by EdoFirstBorn(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
Livesimple:
quote author=EdoFirstBorn post=103831020]No one cares

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin why can't you just appreciate them and walk away

Because the post is trash and irrelevant
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by rosalieene(f): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
What does this teach us?
That young women should look up to them and strive to achieve feats like them. smiley
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Aganju849:

To be gigolo in this part of the world you need the heart of a lion. It's far easier/simpler to just work for your own money and flex it as you like instead of spending your days sniffing some bulldyke's stinky butthole

Who says anything about being a gigolo?
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Aganju849: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
kay29000:

Who says anything about being a gigolo?

That's what you're trying to be
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Champneys: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Very pleased to see diversity and inclusion gaining traction in one of the most vibrant industries/sector in Nigeria.

I hope there is a ripple effect that extends beyond the financial sector

It is a good thing to have more women in executive level management, on merit of course.

Win, win for all!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Willmichael(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
The only thing I see here is how useless our degree is...
Many of them are not practicing what they studied at all.
Imagine, Bachelor of Law, Chemistry and the likes.... It's well with us
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by BKayy: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
bepositive11:

What if it ends up being you grin
God forbid. I don Mark her face, so e no fit happen
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Whiteways: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Alubarika is all I see. God bless you all.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by GGirll: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
udele1:
Great women.

The oga kpata kpata of them all.

IGBO AMAKA grin grin

Your name no be here o" u dele1" I fear you o grin
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
afube:

what sort of drivel are you yapping about, the woman that got us out of the debt trap that our Fulani military heads of state plunged us into and I daresay another Fulani olodo has once again returned us to.....na dis same woman you dey call names? be careful how you accuse people o! That the world is run by western powers does not mean everyone that works in their establishment is part of their grand plans.

I'd ignore but for those who would read your post and think there's something intelligent in it.

1. Obasanjo as president initiated the debt relief. Yes, Okonjo was the finance minister, but Obasanjo initiated it and saw it through.

2. Obasanjo relieved Okonjo Iweala of her position as finance minister and gave her another post for a reason.
I'll leave you to figure that out.

3. Okonjo Iweala was not just minister of finance but coordinating minister of the economy aka Prime minister in the cabinet of the drunkard, Goodluck Jonathan.

4. Under her watch, the political class looted with reckless abandon and the Naira suffered a serious plunge. She had not the good grace to resign her position. Billions of dollars developed wings and simply flew out of the CBN to the point that the CBN governor had to cry out when $20Billion got missing.

Guess what they did to him...

5. Despite haven served under Obasanjo' tenure that facilitated the debt release, she mismanaged the economy so much, Nigeria's debt profile began to soar again during her term as coordinating minister of the economy.

For the first time, the federal government of Nigeria took foreign loans to pay salaries of workers. This is despite the fact that during Jonathan's era, crude oil sold at the highest price ever in the history of Nigeria, $120 per barrel.

Yet, the nation's coffers was so terribly plundered that barely had they left office than there was forex crisis in Nigeria.

Under her watch while earning humongous amount through crude, she couldn't help the nation diversify her economy.

All she knew was inviting IMF and World Bank to give stupid ideas and bring their stupid loans that will further make Nigeria devalue her currency.

Now, she's left y'all in the shithole with the mess and she's been rewarded by her white masters.

That woman is just overrated. White supremacist's puppet.

That's the simple truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by blacknoir: 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
The table is turning. Oh! What a time to be alive. May we all witness a female GCFR in this country IJN.
[img]https://media./images/701a32089dae6464ea37bf4f8595c256/tenor.gif[/img]

Soon we'd be hearing statements like; "Your Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mrs. ........................

And that day my heart would be gladden with great joy. And I'd leap and thank the Lord for he has delivered us from our oppressors. It's going to be the beginning of a new dawn. May God keep us all alive to witness it IJN.

The other day I saw a picture of a quiz competition and when I looked closely, I discovered that majority if not, all the contestants were FEMALES. Oh! My heart leaped for joy.
And I shouted:
"When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad".

Dear nairalanders, don't try to quote me because you all would never understand my pains. There were times I wished I was a male due to the ill-treatment I received from the opposite sex. My heart gladdens whenever I see or hear great things from my gender. For years back, we were the rejected stones. We were written off. I remember when female education was meaningless to the African people. But today the Lord has changed our story.

The FUTURE is FEMALE
We pray so but we have a lot of illiterate that are taught not to accept a woman boss
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Aderewah:
Mostly yoruba. The fruits of the SW emphasis on education will manifest through tech and the building of new brands in the coming years.
Give us the list of all female ministers in Nigeria. Past and present. Lets check something. This is about career part, everyone knows an average Yoruba person loves a 9/5 job.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Vickygirk(f): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Congrats to them.

One day I will be celebrated just like them. Amen

This is a good way to start the week
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by BigBashiru: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Bossman25:
Be deceiving yourself.
Some of the banks are not functioning optimally. Some you can't say they have gotten there in terms of a standard multinational banks. You female only know how to come to office and form big boss.
Shebi the minister of Finance is busy borrowing money naaa?

females are incapable of taking stress to the levels men would.... and most men that work, hope to hit it big one day so they can work less. there is nothing great about bank job and being a CEO means nothing because the bank does not belong to the CEO. Women should be encouraged to start up businesses that are lower pressure not bank jobs.... but if they insist then give them the stress... I wish I have female bank friends who work in banks and can be giving me money while i be the teacher or nurse (softer jobs).

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by BigBashiru: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
The table is turning. Oh! What a time to be alive. May we all witness a female GCFR in this country IJN.

Soon we'd be hearing statements like; "Your Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mrs. ........................

And that day my heart would be gladden with great joy. And I'd leap and thank the Lord for he has delivered us from our oppressors. It's going to be the beginning of a new dawn. May God keep us all alive to witness it IJN.

The other day I saw a picture of a quiz competition and when I looked closely, I discovered that majority if not, all the contestants were FEMALES. Oh! My heart leaped for joy.
And I shouted:
"When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad".

Dear nairalanders, don't try to quote me because you all would never understand my pains. There were times I wished I was a male due to the ill-treatment I received from the opposite sex. My heart gladdens whenever I see or hear great things from my gender. For years back, we were the rejected stones. We were written off. I remember when female education was meaningless to the African people. But today the Lord has changed our story.

The FUTURE is FEMALE

you have a very shallow mind. You were rejected and the amputated female hawker was awarded N25million by some male donors and Chidinma Ojukwu is almost about to get a free pass for being a woman in her murder trial - i hope she doesnt get a free pass.

There is nothing great about stress and high stress jobs and if thats female empowerment to you then let all the females take over banks so i can have a lower stress job....

the reason there are not a lot of women workers is that when money is involved, stress levels are high.. i recommend women take less stressful government jobs - but if you insist you want high stress jobs in the name of female empowerment and glamor then sure!
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Aderewah: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
post=103835375:

I gave you five names

These are major commercial banks in Nigeria with branches across all states and beyond

Access Bank Plc
Citibank Nigeria Limited
Ecobank Nigeria
Fidelity Bank Plc
First Bank of Nigeria Limited
First City Monument Bank Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Heritage Bank Plc
Keystone Bank Limited
Polaris Bank Limited
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Standard Chartered
Sterling Bank Plc
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
Unity bank
Zenith Bank Plc

Oya list their dms let's see how many are igbos
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Aderewah: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Fullanifuls:
Yoruba education is useless cos upon their education they still went ahead to vote and support a Fulani man with no educational level becos of the hate and jealousy over an Igbo man
Igbos hate and are jealous of fulani and yoruba.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Mofun: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Expected to see Ibukun Awosika also in the list
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by budaatum: 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
TripleOh7:

That's the simple truth.

I have in my head that we made her our puppet.

I believe we are smart enough.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by budaatum: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

And I shouted:

The FUTURE is FEMALE

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by tolguy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

And I shouted:

The FUTURE is FEMALE
US with more than 100yrs of democracy kamala Harris is the 1st female spare tire
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by KingOdart(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
post=103835375:

I gave you five names

These are major commercial banks in Nigeria with branches across all states and beyond

Access Bank Plc
Citibank Nigeria Limited
Ecobank Nigeria
Fidelity Bank Plc
First Bank of Nigeria Limited
First City Monument Bank Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Heritage Bank Plc
Keystone Bank Limited
Polaris Bank Limited
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Standard Chartered
Sterling Bank Plc
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
Unity bank
Zenith Bank Plc

Lol Yoruba dominate banking in Nigeria

Ecobank Nigeria PLC Mr. Patrick Akinwuntan

First Bank Of Nigeria Limited Dr. Adesola Kazeem Adeduntan, FCA

Stanbic Ibtc Bank PLC Mr. Wole Adeniyi

Wema Bank PLC Mr. Ademola Adebise HCIB

Keystone Bank LTD Mr. Olaniyan Olayinka

Bank Of Industry Mr. Olukayode Pitan

THE Infrastructure Bank PLC Ross Oluyede

FBN Quest Merchant Bank Mr. Kayode Akinkugbe, FCIB

Accion Microfinance Bank Limited Mr. Taiwo Adesina Joda

If you add the Female Yoruba CEO that's overkill

https://www.cibng.org/bank-directory

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by afube: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'd ignore but for those who would read your post and think there's something intelligent in it.

1. Obasanjo as president initiated the debt relief. Yes, Okonjo was the finance minister, but Obasanjo initiated it and saw it through.

2. Obasanjo relieved Okonjo Iweala of her position as finance minister and gave her another post for a reason.
I'll leave you to figure that out.

3. Okonjo Iweala was not just minister of finance but coordinating minister of the economy aka Prime minister in the cabinet of the drunkard, Goodluck Jonathan.

4. Under her watch, the political class looted with reckless abandon and the Naira suffered a serious plunge. She had not the good grace to resign her position. Billions of dollars developed wings and simply flew out of the CBN to the point that the CBN governor had to cry out when $20Billion got missing.

Guess what they did to him...

5. Despite haven served under Obasanjo' tenure that facilitated the debt release, she mismanaged the economy so much, Nigeria's debt profile began to soar again during her term as coordinating minister of the economy.

For the first time, the federal government of Nigeria took foreign loans to pay salaries of workers. This is despite the fact that during Jonathan's era, crude oil sold at the highest price ever in the history of Nigeria, $120 per barrel.

Yet, the nation's coffers was so terribly plundered that barely had they left office than there was forex crisis in Nigeria.

Under her watch while earning humongous amount through crude, she couldn't help the nation diversify her economy.

All she knew was inviting IMF and World Bank to give stupid ideas and bring their stupid loans that will further make Nigeria devalue her currency.

Now, she's left y'all in the shithole with the mess and she's been rewarded by her white masters.

That's the simple truth.

So which is it, sir? arrogation or abrogation ?........ where okonjo iweala is associated with good and positive results, you pass her work to her commander chief............when we are talking of negative or adverse outcomes you leave her carrying the can alone, never mind we had a hapless president who allowed his Yoruba and Fulani enemies to play kalo kalo with his administration........we all knew how she fought for a sovereign wealth fund but the governors blackmailed Jonathan to share the oil windfall...........under OBJ she excelled cos the president was cunning and used efcc to keep the national assembly and governors at bay. Oga your point has no legs to stand on.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by tolguy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
udele1:
Great women.
The oga kpata kpata of them all.
IGBO AMAKA grin grin
don't forget her boss na yoruba guy. OBJ
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by illitracy: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
They all look like housemaid bullies grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Obidiugwu: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wonderful...Dm us for different type of Male/Female Fabrics at affordable prices..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
afube:

So which is it, sir? arrogation or abrogation ?........ where okonjo iweala is associated with good and positive results, you pass her work to her commander chief............when we are talking of negative or adverse outcomes you leave her carrying the can alone, never mind we had a hapless president who allowed his Yoruba and Fulani enemies to play kalo kalo with his administration........we all knew how she fought for a sovereign wealth fund but the governors blackmailed Jonathan to share the oil windfall...........under OBJ she excelled cos the president was cunning and used efcc to keep the national assembly and governors at bay. Oga your point has no legs to stand on.

I see that you sidestepped major points and focused on what you will.

Thank God we all lived during the Jonathan era and we saw the wanton corruption.

She excelled under Obasanjo' because OBJ was a strict boss who knew what he wanted and whipped his ministers in line.

Jonathan on the other hand was a drunk who was barely intelligent and was awed by the Harvard certificate of madam Ngozi so much so that he created a position that wasn't in the Constitution, coordinating minister of the economy and handed the government to her.

We borrowed so much, yet there were no significant capital projects.

Second Niger bridge - zero

Railways - zero

Roads - zero

Military hardware - zero

New universities - built on paper

Diversification of the economy - zero.

Look at the rate at which crude oil sold during Jonathan's time and tell me how Nigeria slid into a forex crisis a few weeks after they left office.

Only an unbiased person will see it for what it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
budaatum:

I have in my head that we made her our puppet.

I believe we are smart enough.

No we are not, unfortunately.

The loans with stringent payback agreements, the aids with strings attached, the devaluation of our currency at the whims of our white masters... No, we aren't smart enough.

We weren't then, we aren't now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) / Coca-cola Mini Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.