Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,954 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria (54073 Views)

Highest Paid MD/CEOs In Nigeria In 2021 (Photos) / Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly / World’s Most Powerful Ceos In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by budaatum: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
TripleOh7:

No we are not, unfortunately.

The loans with stringent payback agreements, the aids with strings attached, the devaluation of our currency at the whims of our white masters... No, we aren't smart enough.

We weren't then, we aren't now.

But we can be in the future, especially if we strive now.

Everyone! Strive! Become smart! We will be required to raise phoenix from ashes when ₦10k is a US$.

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
budaatum:

But we can be in the future, especially if we strive now.

Everyone! Strive! Become smart! We will be required to raise phoenix from ashes when ₦10k is a US$.

Nigeria is dead. Time to move on, really.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by budaatum: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
TripleOh7:

Nigeria is dead. Time to move on, really.

I think Ngozi should be given a chance. After all, if Nigeria is dead as you claim what more harm can she possibly do except give us our referendums.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by baloney: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by God1stson(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
The table is turning. Oh! What a time to be alive. May we all witness a female GCFR in this country IJN.
[img]https://media./images/701a32089dae6464ea37bf4f8595c256/tenor.gif[/img]

Soon we'd be hearing statements like; "Your Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mrs. ........................

And that day my heart would be gladden with great joy. And I'd leap and thank the Lord for he has delivered us from our oppressors. It's going to be the beginning of a new dawn. May God keep us all alive to witness it IJN.

The other day I saw a picture of a quiz competition and when I looked closely, I discovered that majority if not, all the contestants were FEMALES. Oh! My heart leaped for joy.
And I shouted:
"When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad".

Dear nairalanders, don't try to quote me because you all would never understand my pains. There were times I wished I was a male due to the ill-treatment I received from the opposite sex. My heart gladdens whenever I see or hear great things from my gender. For years back, we were the rejected stones. We were written off. I remember when female education was meaningless to the African people. But today the Lord has changed our story.

The FUTURE is FEMALE
My sister I am looking forward to that day. Most men in positions of authority in Nigeria are suffering from moral depravity, u merit something they won't give unless u bring money or ur are a lady that is ready to submit. I'm proud to say that most things i have gotten by merit came from women without asking 4 anything in return. Most are real women of virtue that will recognize that by helping u that have helped ur depends. But most men in positions of authority are unrepentant sadists quote me I have had a lot of bad experience.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by BSsniffer: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
chrisanderson99:
Miriam Chidiebele Olusanya.

A full blooded Igbo woman who married a yoruba muslim and divorced him when he started misbehaving.

Doesn't change the fact that she still bears a Yoruba surname and has Yoruba kids and her position will be of absolutely no benefit to Ndigbo or it's waste land.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by razzydoo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
According to carbon dating, the earth is over 50 billion years old. Yet the future is female. Don't you think we're closer to the end? What future is then female?
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
budaatum:

I think Ngozi should be given a chance. After all, if Nigeria is dead as you claim what more harm can she possibly do except give us our referendums.

She won't give us referendum.

The Western world that coupled hundreds of nations together in an unlikely union knew what they were doing when they did that.

To keep the union going is to further the crimes of the British empire.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by bepositive11: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
BKayy:

God forbid. I don Mark her face, so e no fit happen

grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nice. I hope they use their position of leadership in a decent and positive manner not oppressive
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
mu2sa2:
She has a most beautiful name, Maryam ( sometimes misspelled as miriam) - why cancelling and substituting with chidi something, abi na shitting something.

Maryam is Mary. Miriam is the sister of Moses, different from Mary/Maryam. Had to chip this in for the sake of other Muslims whom your post could have misled.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by afube: 4:08am On Jul 19, 2021
TripleOh7:

I see that you sidestepped major points and focused on what you will.

Thank God we all lived during the Jonathan era and we saw the wanton corruption.

She excelled under Obasanjo' because OBJ was a strict boss who knew what he wanted and whipped his ministers in line.

Jonathan on the other hand was a drunk who was barely intelligent and was awed by the Harvard certificate of madam Ngozi so much so that he created a position that wasn't in the Constitution, coordinating minister of the economy and handed the government to her.

We borrowed so much, yet there were no significant capital projects.

Second Niger bridge - zero

Railways - zero

Roads - zero

Military hardware - zero

New universities - built on paper

Diversification of the economy - zero.

Look at the rate at which crude oil sold during Jonathan's time and tell me how Nigeria slid into a forex crisis a few weeks after they left office.

Only an unbiased person will see it for what it is.

Profligacy in government is a Nigerian tradition, even in our churches and village meetings its still the same culture of corruption, if you believe that this economy is better run under Buhari than under Jonathan then may your life and destiny be like Nigeria today...............the Nigerian economy today is in shambles without direction , see the way Ghana is running rings around us in the competition for foreign investment.....e be like say you no get shame at all. Even my househelp can append her signature to project awards, this fulani habit of borrow and spend will be the final demise of this economy..............
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by afube: 4:21am On Jul 19, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'd ignore but for those who would read your post and think there's something intelligent in it.

1. Obasanjo as president initiated the debt relief. Yes, Okonjo was the finance minister, but Obasanjo initiated it and saw it through.

2. Obasanjo relieved Okonjo Iweala of her position as finance minister and gave her another post for a reason.
I'll leave you to figure that out.

3. Okonjo Iweala was not just minister of finance but coordinating minister of the economy aka Prime minister in the cabinet of the drunkard, Goodluck Jonathan.

4. Under her watch, the political class looted with reckless abandon and the Naira suffered a serious plunge. She had not the good grace to resign her position. Billions of dollars developed wings and simply flew out of the CBN to the point that the CBN governor had to cry out when $20Billion got missing.

Guess what they did to him...

5. Despite haven served under Obasanjo' tenure that facilitated the debt release, she mismanaged the economy so much, Nigeria's debt profile began to soar again during her term as coordinating minister of the economy.

For the first time, the federal government of Nigeria took foreign loans to pay salaries of workers. This is despite the fact that during Jonathan's era, crude oil sold at the highest price ever in the history of Nigeria, $120 per barrel.

Yet, the nation's coffers was so terribly plundered that barely had they left office than there was forex crisis in Nigeria.

Under her watch while earning humongous amount through crude, she couldn't help the nation diversify her economy.

All she knew was inviting IMF and World Bank to give stupid ideas and bring their stupid loans that will further make Nigeria devalue her currency.

Now, she's left y'all in the shithole with the mess and she's been rewarded by her white masters.

That woman is just overrated. White supremacist's puppet.

That's the simple truth.

you are just a liar and an envious and tribalistic one at that................the near-unanimous endorsement of her candidacy as DG of the WTO by the global economic superpowers throws your postulations into the toilet and flushes it down to the crap pit, where it rightly belongs. You think the civilized world will entrust their trading future to a complete misfit like the monster you people elected in the Zoo, bros these are serious folks who care about competency b4 checking where you come from, you think the world stage is the ZOO where you cloak your tribalistic and regional bias in sleek prose............. I have dealt with your ilk and with a keen discerning spirit I know exactly what motivates your unfair attack on this good woman but your misdeeds will find you out sooner than later. you must be drunk comparing this useless administration to the past admin of OBJ and GEJ. you are talking rubbish MR MAN !!!
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by afube: 4:22am On Jul 19, 2021
TripleOh7:

I see that you sidestepped major points and focused on what you will.

Thank God we all lived during the Jonathan era and we saw the wanton corruption.

She excelled under Obasanjo' because OBJ was a strict boss who knew what he wanted and whipped his ministers in line.

Jonathan on the other hand was a drunk who was barely intelligent and was awed by the Harvard certificate of madam Ngozi so much so that he created a position that wasn't in the Constitution, coordinating minister of the economy and handed the government to her.

We borrowed so much, yet there were no significant capital projects.

Second Niger bridge - zero

Railways - zero

Roads - zero

Military hardware - zero

New universities - built on paper

Diversification of the economy - zero.

Look at the rate at which crude oil sold during Jonathan's time and tell me how Nigeria slid into a forex crisis a few weeks after they left office.

Only an unbiased person will see it for what it is.

Profligacy in government is a Nigerian tradition, even in our churches and village meetings its still the same culture of corruption, if you believe that this economy is better run under Buhari than under Jonathan then may your life and destiny be like Nigeria today...............the Nigerian economy today is in shambles without direction , see the way Ghana is running rings around us in the competition for foreign investment.....e be like say you no get shame at all. Even my househelp can append her signature to project awards, this fulani habit of borrow and spend will be the final demise of this economy..............
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by JordanMichael(m): 7:15am On Jul 19, 2021
Keep dreaming grin
FutureIsFemale:
The table is turning. Oh! What a time to be alive. May we all witness a female GCFR in this country IJN.

Soon we'd be hearing statements like; "Your Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mrs. ........................

And that day my heart would be gladden with great joy. And I'd leap and thank the Lord for he has delivered us from our oppressors. It's going to be the beginning of a new dawn. May God keep us all alive to witness it IJN.

The other day I saw a picture of a quiz competition and when I looked closely, I discovered that majority if not, all the contestants were FEMALES. Oh! My heart leaped for joy.
And I shouted:
"When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad".

Dear nairalanders, don't try to quote me because you all would never understand my pains. There were times I wished I was a male due to the ill-treatment I received from the opposite sex. My heart gladdens whenever I see or hear great things from my gender. For years back, we were the rejected stones. We were written off. I remember when female education was meaningless to the African people. But today the Lord has changed our story.

The FUTURE is FEMALE
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Bossman25(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2021
The thing is that the male counterparts are the ones who still help this female people achieve great things like innovations and inventions....you hardly hear about them innovating.....na only to hold big big post.....
Some of those women as I hear like parooz Oooo!...Lol

BigBashiru:

females are incapable of taking stress to the levels men would.... and most men that work, hope to hit it big one day so they can work less. there is nothing great about bank job and being a CEO means nothing because the bank does not belong to the CEO. Women should be encouraged to start up businesses that are lower pressure not bank jobs.... but if they insist then give them the stress... I wish I have female bank friends who work in banks and can be giving me money while i be the teacher or nurse (softer jobs).
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2021
afube:

I'm sorry to say this but your post shows an unbelievably stupid mind.

Were my earlier posts making a comparison between Jonathan's era and Buhari's maladministration?

Or was it just dissecting Jonathan's time on its own?

I'm done with this thread. Feel free to stop quoting me if you will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2021
[s]
afube:

you are just a liar and an envious and tribalistic one at that................the near-unanimous endorsement of her candidacy as DG of the WTO by the global economic superpowers throws your postulations into the toilet and flushes it down to the crap pit, where it rightly belongs. You think the civilized world will entrust their trading future to a complete misfit like the monster you people elected in the Zoo, bros these are serious folks who care about competency b4 checking where you come from, you think the world stage is the ZOO where you cloak your tribalistic and regional bias in sleek prose............. I have dealt with your ilk and with a keen discerning spirit I know exactly what motivates your unfair attack on this good woman but your misdeeds will find you out sooner than later. you must be drunk comparing this useless administration to the past admin of OBJ and GEJ. you are talking rubbish MR MAN !!!
[/s]
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Smyk13: 9:11am On Jul 19, 2021
Great achievement though, but I 'm afraid they might not last long before the Robots take over completely!
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Ochason(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

And I shouted:

The FUTURE is FEMALE
Another feminist loading
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

The FUTURE is FEMALE
You were maltreated because you rest your life on men ... There were women heroine in Stories Notably are:

Efunsetan Aniwura,

Queen Amina of Zaria,

Moremi Ajansoro of Ile-Ife/Offa,

Funmilayo Ransome Kuti ....

Aba Women delivers Southeast from Evil Tax

Any lady that depends her life and Livelihood on men has herself to blame .... All human must depend on God and God lives in our Brain ... !!

I hope you are also breaking barrier in your chosen fields not just the one clapping hands ....

We all must work together to fulfil God's will not Akpabio !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Nice.....

Respect to our baby girls.....
I just want to see more baby girls in top positions...
They are sweet in position...most of them are so compassionate

But some can be brutal and strict because of the fear of insecurity...thinking if they are not up and doing they might get the heave ho...sack and criticism

But wait o....most of them nor even get thier first degree for anything related to banking and finance abi business.....so how come them reach banking top positions....this life nor really balance
They all transition into Business and most of them are professionals so the issue of insecurity will be eliminated but as per professionals.... Women CEOs won't take less .... Either you perform or bounce !!
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by DonroxyII: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
SocialJustice:
When you dey knack any of these women you'll be thinking well.

No 'How about that N200k you promised me?' while you're about to enter slippery tunnel.

Banish broke, pest like biatches from your lives.
grin Mad Man ... Oh no !! Correct Dude!! cheesy
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Xbobtage: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Some nairaland bigots have taken over the first page of this to declare their ignorance to the world, and completely ruining the beautiful story of nigerian women, gaining managerial positions.

Before shouting that your tribe is the one dominating, why not do a little research on the CEOS first.

Mrs. Mariam Olusanya is an igbo Woman who was married to a yoruba man, and shes now divorced.

While Ireti Samuel Ogbu, is from Delta State, But married to a family in Ebonyi State.

I hope you guys would take a moment to give credit to all nigerian tribes that made the ascension of these women into their new positions possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by tunwumi: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
budaatum:
What you think?
https://www.nairaland.com/6652782/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-president-2023

I think this is a bad dream. Please wake up. ���

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by afube: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'm sorry to say this but your post shows an unbelievably stupid mind.

Were my earlier posts making a comparison between Jonathan's era and Buhari's maladministration?

Or was it just dissecting Jonathan's time on its own?

I'm done with this thread. Feel free to stop quoting me if you will.

I can see you have run out of silly ideas to assail our sensibilities! this is nairaland if you cannot take the heat desist from posting drivel!
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by budaatum: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
tunwumi:

I think this is a bad dream. Please wake up. ���

Why "wake up"? Does my dream not trump reality?

Let me sleep jo! Who say dreams can't come true?

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
afube:

I can see you have run out of silly ideas to assail our sensibilities! this is nairaland if you cannot take the heat desist from posting drivel!

Akube or what's your name, you can stop quoting me now.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by afube: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
TripleOh7:

Akube or what's your name, you can stop quoting me now.

take your silly ideas off my mention then !

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.