Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? (1597 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Which Of These 2 Types Of Relationship Would You Prefer? / If An Ex Came To You For Advice On Love/relationship, Would You Give? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by rully2: 1:37pm On May 12, 2011
This applies especially when the relationship was a very serious one and lasted a really long time.

I know some people who end up going back to their Ex cos they couldn't let go completely, and sometimes end up having affairs (after a new relationship has begun), while some prefer total cut off cos they cant bear to see or stand each other.

Is it better to maintain a cordial relationship with your Ex, or a total cut off??
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by MMM2(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2011
bed-mate will be fine by me
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 12, 2011
Better to keep no relation with an ex. I will only keep a relationship with an ex if there is a child involve.

If I see them, I'd say hello though cool
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by rully2: 4:19pm On May 12, 2011
rokiatu:

Better to keep no relation with an ex. I will only keep a relationship with an ex if there is a child involve.

If I see them, I'd say hello though cool

cool cool cool
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by BloodShed1: 4:20pm On May 12, 2011
No relation, they're dead to me from there.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by frenchman(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2011
i will prefer to be just an acquaintance with my ex
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by r231(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2011
Friends
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Toonice(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2011
Fork mate.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by livedit(f): 5:27pm On May 12, 2011
Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea to try and remain "friends" UNLESS, like Rokiatu said, a child is involved. I think by trying to remain "friends", sooner or later, one or both will start to develop old "feelings" again and if the other person don't reciprocate, the other person will only be hurt in the end, again. Then too depending on the cause of why the relationship ended could cause old feelings to rise to the surface rather good or bad. Quite frankly, it's not even worth it. You can be "cordial" with one another, but far as trying to be "buddy ole pals", ummm, no. I think you are only fooling yourself. Keep it 100.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by 190: 5:31pm On May 12, 2011
I wish i was about to connect with my ex's and turn em fu[i]c[/i]kin mates

e for sweet sha!!
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by sexylogan(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2011
Toonice:

Fork mate.

lol tongue
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by scottN(m): 5:56pm On May 12, 2011
All o' that except the emotional part wink
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Xfactor2(f): 6:16pm On May 12, 2011
Before I got married I kept it polite and friendly but after, none at all. I "lost" my phone to ensure that.
I always had that horrible luck of them finding out after I'm gone how great I was. So you can imagine the calls
could not have been taken in front of my new hubby.
I suppose if you single you can keep contact just in case, although even then I was never one to go back. My mother
taught me to share, old toys must be given away to charity.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by LordReed(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2011
Maintaining a cordial relationship with an ex is not such a bad thing. Why pretend like if nothing ever happened between you two? Are you so ashamed of the time you spent together? The only problem I for see is what livedit said someone getting all emotional again and feeling hurt cos of unreciprocated feelings or getting into an affair which can happen even with someone else anyway so what the hey?

I've tried to maintain a friendly relations with exes and so far no problems. smiley
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by 190: 7:02pm On May 12, 2011
^Lord reed we need to talk

That statement just gave me sometin to think bout

email me on 190@mail.mn

Thanks
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by LordReed(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2011
Sent man check your mail!
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by skypopson(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2011
keeping a relationship wit an ex is disastrous wen u are in a new relationship wit a new patner.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Omolola1(f): 9:27pm On May 12, 2011
Actsuallyyyy,

I would prefer to have a cordial relationship with limits cool
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 12, 2011
^ Hi

@OP, I'ld prefer a Romantic Relationship, flirting wiv an Ex ought to be interesting wink
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by iice(f): 3:00am On May 13, 2011
Remain friends if possible.
Friends with most of my Exes.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by aminalib(f): 3:13am On May 13, 2011
at the end of the day i think its important to stay on a cordial level, ur ex does not have to be ur enemy, you never know in life what will happen or when u will need someone by ur side, its never good to burn bridges, u can forgive and try to move on with your life.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 13, 2011
@poster
it all depend on what kind of r/ship we have now(as friends) and how strong the r/ship was? also the low self esteem of the current partner has to be considered.

if there is no "casualities" then i will always stay friend with an ex, chat online and even go out for a drink etc
no big deal really.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by aminalib(f): 3:25am On May 13, 2011
^^^where u been, how are u
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Nobody: 4:11am On May 13, 2011
^^^been on my annually sabbatic leave from NL, lol
i am good and you?
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by MrInfo1(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2011
we are better off as enemies undecided
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 18, 2011
DEPENDS!

Let's see: a friendship [esp. if it is a mutual feeling that neither of us are in love with the other in that way again], to rekindle or none at all.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by rully2: 4:19pm On May 18, 2011
Mr.Info:

we are better off as enemies   undecided

Mr Info. dont u think that's rather a bit harsh  undecided

MzDarkSkin:

DEPENDS!

Let's see: a friendship [esp. if it is a mutual feeling that neither of us are in love with the other in that way again], to rekindle or none at all.

I agree
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 19, 2011
^^ cool cool

LMAO! I just saw what Mr.Info said!  grin
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by Mcleo007(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2011
An ex is part of your past, and must be considered and treated so.
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by jjgirljay(f): 12:48am On May 20, 2011
Sexxxxxxx
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by rully2: 10:40am On May 20, 2011
jjgirljay:

Sexxxxxxx

lol
Re: What Kind Of Relationship Would U Prefer To Maintain With Your Ex? by DaDoctor: 2:16pm On May 20, 2011
[b]Foremost, the circumstances before you parted way matters. At times we part physically but not totally.

If you dont have control over what can get you 'in' again, PLS DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH AN EX.

Moreso, an EX could be a saviour in the future, (because i have had an ex fix my car in her workshop  before, a few gave me employment slots for my sibllings). It solely depends on how you  both can manage the issue, AN EX IS NOT AN ENEMY, Except you feel you hurt him/her. In most of my cases they opted out peacefully sataing i wasnt raedy to settle yet due to agreeable reasons.

More importantly, always remain bold and resistant because trial may come at the first instance(though it will die a natural death if you remain bound to your tots of 'NO WAY'), You should learn to profess your love for your now wife/husband, so that the signal of 'I AM GONE' is clearer, rather than blow hot and cold. In my case, She is even a family friend and at least for 2 years now she isnt harmful and intends no harm, though i advise her a few moment when she needs my advise, (she will soon get married)

If you handle the issue well, you will come out not loosing anything at all. The case is far little than  a situation where your boss(a female) , who can fire you and make you remain at a spot in your carrier wants you at all cost.

Note the above is not 100% applicable, but subject to scrutiny, but it is a valid guide though.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean Being A “classy Lady”? / Why Have Ladies Suddenly Become Bad Cooks / 4 Cute And Romantic Reasons Why Men Love To Date Shy Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.