Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) (75252 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by NOU169705536: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
Commission indeed!!!
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by GodwinIO(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
No matter what a pastor are not suppose to be sacked just because of failure of the church to increase in population or even fianancially.only if he is caught with a wicked act such as fornication raping of even stealing church.

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by hansomb: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
And when government will try to tax them they will start shouting Islamisation. Notice the word COMISSION and not church in the letter.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kyngfarabale1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

Or better still they can float their own church...

OLODO of the highest grade ...
Waste of school fees ....chai
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Lordhades21(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
When the Lord spoke of judgement starting from the church.. He speaks of a deeper understanding of the corruption that has crippled it. You cannot force people to give offerings and tights... So it's a shame that the performance and growth of churches now are levelled on money and material gains. God help us... Alot goes on in this churches this days its hard to trust what ever this pastors spew. In the end only few dey speak the gospel for the sake of it. The rest just wanna cash out and increase their billions which they won't carry when they die.

Contact me for all photo edits, logos and graphic designs whatsapp : 09060471616. Thanks for your time.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Ddokie: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
fixed

The last time I checked, the sheep does not always reside in the Church

Pastor means shepherd. If you have no flock you are tending, you are not a pastor. If you go around preaching, you are an evangelist not a Pastor.

Those guys are no longer pastors.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Lightorder: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

sir, read my comment yesterday when they broke this info here. THE LIVING FAITH CHURCH THAT I KNOW WOULDNT RELEASE ANYONE BASED ON ANY INCOME RELATED ISSUE. People are wicked! Anything to discredit the church, they are in. I say, SHAAAAAAAME ON FAKE NEWS PEDDLERS on Nairaland
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Lightorder: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Henrydonland:
That is why I don't carry church on my head, I'd rather pray in my house.
how many times have you prayed since January? Self deception is destructive ooo
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Lightorder: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Interpret "growth index" for us
oga, interpret for us, biko. I am waiting . What is “ growth index ?”
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Lightorder: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
oloriooko:
Growth index should include numerical church growth which will translate to financial church growth
lies ! Typical lies
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Lightorder: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
BiggyB242:

Is the soul purpose of a church to increase in number or win souls for Christ irrespective of the church these souls decide to attend? Winners hammer on church growth a lot. An increase in population is equivalent to a increase in income.
so the financial aspect is where you feel you could indict the church, you are just killing yourself
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kyngfarabale1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

That's is your insinuation, why didn't you say the growth index is the number of those who gave their life to Christ.
You guys are just paranoid about church
a mugu will always be a mugu. E.g you
Death stone
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by lakes2017: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
1. Act 2:47 ....and the Lord added to their number daily, THOSE WHO WERE BEING SAVED.
ONLY those that are saved are expected in the church, can you say all the people in ur local assembly are saved ? Mixture of saved and unsaved, the reason for Church problem today.

2. 1 Core 3:6 ....but God has been making it grow and increase.
It is ONLY God that can grant but physical and spiritual increase or growth not any pastor or man. Men of God must also be truthful/faithful to their calling.

Jesus said " I will build my Church and the gate of hell will not prevail. Jesus will personally take care of His church growth cos He care about it. Everyone (Bishop, Pastor,workers and non workers) will give account to the owner of the church (JESUS CHRIST)

Finally, preach JESUS and not ur denomination when u go out for evangelism. u say ur denomination only when it is necessary.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Connected1: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:

You must be an illiterate but if you aren't and you are twisting this story then God will punish you.
The Growth Index here is just all about the poor finance. They aren't expanding or developing the Church and their returns are small.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by kiwi007: 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
Are engineers trained to work in a particular organization alone? Even the apostles left Jerusalem and Judea

If you're truly called, God ll make provision for your vision. Tunde Bakare started from deeper life
That's what I'm saying this pastor's are not called they are trained
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
kiwi007:

That's what I'm saying this pastor's are not called they are trained
lolz...It's both....you can be gifted like Iya rainbow and still go to school of drama to brush up your gift
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ddokie:

Pastor means shepherd. If you have no flock you are tending, you are not a pastor. If you go around preaching, you are an evangelist not a Pastor.

Those guys are no longer pastors.
How do you justify that he's without flock? Does the gathering of sheep must always be in the Church

The gathering of sheep isn't restricted to Church.

In Pastoral faming, the Shepherd move with his flock from a place to place
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by oloriooko(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
You should stop exhibiting your ignorance ogbeni

NairaMaster1:

Hang yourself Sir
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by oloriooko(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
Tell me the truth bro
Lightorder:
lies ! Typical lies
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by adebwalex(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Read earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6655958/bishop-oyedepo-sacks-40-pastors#103813771

Picture of Sacked Letter of Pastor in Winners Chapel for not generating enough Income

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

“May you find grace for a new beginning. Peace.”

Didnt they know that things are not going down well in this government regime?? People hardly pay their offering and tithes. So tell me how will the pastor meet is Obligation financially..
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by triplechoice(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ishilove:
This is the reason why I wanted to see the letter before commenting. Church growth index is not the same as 'income generation' or whatever the heck was circulating on the internet.

How do you know church growth in winners chapel is not the same as "income generation" when the church has remained silent on the exact criteria used in determining this growth?

If you have any info as to what constitute church growth in that church please let the public know so that "heck circulating" on the Internet is stopped

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by oloriooko(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Pls Mr know-it-all kindly give us your interpretation
abeliver:

who translate am to finances?

no put ur head for wetin u fit understand
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by leofab(f): 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:

defender of the defenseless
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by UcheforGod(f): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.
Then start another calling if actually there is a calling.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by capnies: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again...where do you have Jesus Christ telling you that one? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, in John 3 vs 16 - 21, when you believe in Him you are saved from the condemnation of sin aka Death and are gifted with Eternal life - at what point of this process does "God's Help" come in in addition to the eternal life(grace) He already provides us? undecided

BELIEVING IN JESUS ALONE CANNOT GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE. YOU MUST LIVE ABOVE SIN. WHAT THE BELIEVE IN JESUS (SALVATION) DOES IS TO GIVE YOU POWER TO LIVE A RIGHTEOUS LIFE. IF YOU SAY YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS AND STILL LIVE IN SIN YOU WILL DIE LIKE OTHER NONBELIEVERS. ETERNAL LIFE IS FOR RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
D not reaching target grin
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
capnies:

BELIEVING IN JESUS ALONE CANNOT GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE. YOU MUST LIVE ABOVE SIN. WHAT THE BELIEVE IN JESUS (SALVATION) DOES IS TO GIVE YOU POWER TO LIVE A RIGHTEOUS LIFE. IF YOU SAY YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS AND STILL LIVE IN SIN YOU WILL DIE LIKE OTHER NONBELIEVERS. ETERNAL LIFE IS FOR RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS
So you don't believe what Jesus Christ said then in John 3 vs 16 -21 & John 3 vs 36 & john 6 vs 43 - 47 and also john 10? undecided

It's either you believe Him, or you don't. Which one is it?
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yawns wink
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
richmond500:
lolz, just attend and thank me later.
OK I will look one around me and do so... but I doubt if I will found
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by capnies: 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
It's 2021 and some idiots still believe there's a "God" up there ...

No wonder these thieving, cunning pastors keep milking you fools.

I weep for the future of humanity.

SMH.

Righteousness2, Werey! What do you have to say?

OH NO MY LOVE DO YOU THINK THERE IS NO GOD? PLEASE MY LOVE DON'T ALLOW SCIENCE TO DECEIVE YOU. MY LOVE ASK YOURSELF WHY WOULD EVOLUTION LEAD TO MALES AND FEMALES. WHY HAVE HUMANS STOPPED EVOLVING. AT LEAST WE EVOLVE TO OVERCOME SICKNESS AND SUFFERING. PLEASE MY LOVE I WANT YOU TO KEEP RELIGION AND SCIENCE APART AND THINK, JUST LOOK AT NATURE AND ASK WHICH IS A BETTER WAY TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU SEE. I WANT YOU TO SAY IN YOUR HEART IF GOD IS REAL LET HIM REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU I SINCERELY LOVE YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU IN THE NEW WORLD THANKS
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

The primary function of the brain is to reason...Sadly, yours isn't functioning at all. You mean if people got saved in Winners Chapel Anambra branch and decided to relocate to Lagos then the pastor in-charge of Winners Chapel Anambra should be sacked for not meeting up to expectations (growth index).

Wether financial or population growth which will eventually translate to more money for the church, This decision by Oyedepo is a clear indication that he is all about winning money into his pocket and not winning souls for God.

By their fruits we are beginning to know them. Open your eyes people...emancipate yourself from mental and pocket slavery.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Vision101(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
@blamingthedevil
Interpret "growth index" for us

@me
In ministry there's growth assessment. It has to do with attendance and expansion. It has nothing to do with money.

I'm a pastor in RCCG. It's done in RCCG. You people should be careful with what you say about a true church of God. There are consequences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati / CAN Reacts To COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.